Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting, Vergo was the head and leader of G-5 right? Overall the G-5 had 6 warships(I assume 7 since Vergo had his own warship and each unit had his own, Vergo was the leader of all unit with means he had a own warship)and let assume VA Vergo had one warship, VA Smoker one and Commadore Yarisugi had one.

Unit 1: Viceadmiral Smoker(strongest VA after Vergo)
Unit 6: Commadore Yarisugi

With means we never see Unit 2-5 and judging with the fact that Yarisugi as commadore as last unit,it would mean the other units where at least pose by a navy soldier who was above commadore lvl.

Let assume unit 5-4 where rear admirals, it could mean unit 2-3 could pose by guys who where pose by vice admirals.

Overall it would mean Vergo was the leader of 6 warships and probably over 2Viceadmirals. With means he had a big Position under the navy control.

As example G-2 had only one Viceadmiral as Comil who was the leader.

Means a lot that G5 was a big base for the navy probably one of the most important base position in new world. Make sense why Doffy put Vergo into that position.
So Vergo was a bigger name than the Canon shows us.
Wow, how is there not more Vergo Wank.

And are you positive Smoker was under Vergo

So Vergo was a bigger name than the Canon shows us.
Wow, how is there not more Vergo Wank.

And are you positive Smoker was under Vergo
He was, Vergo had the better haki, he easily tank Smoker attacks and not even use fullbody haki against him.

I can't see how Smoker could defeat Vergo without having a better Ap. In fact Vergo even had fight Sanji+Law before facing Smoker and yet he still win.

He was, Vergo had the better haki, he easily tank Smoker attacks and not even use fullbody haki against him.

I can't see how Smoker could defeat Vergo without having a better Ap. In fact Vergo even had fight Sanji+Law before facing Smoker and yet he still win.
Smoker became new leader of G5, a bit undeserved imo.
Lost to G2 Luffy, Law, Caesar, Vergo, and then Doffy.
Oda really hammered in that Logias ain't shit against Haki users

It seems like Vergo hold a big role for Oda overall. Let think overall of DR and Punkhazard. All Doffy members where end as one-two shoots. Only Doffy was a tank and a monster, not easily to put down,the rest was fodder glasscanon. Now think back who was the one who was portrayal alongside with Doffy was a monster? Vergo since he wasn't a one shot too.

I start to believe that Oda really see Vergo and Doffy equal overall, Vergo had even the better haki if we think about it.

As example the gap between Doffy and his three commanders(Pica,Diamante and Trebol) was insane large. Halfdead Law fucking one shot Trebol with just a sword attack.

But Vergo was portrayal as a tank monster too,taking hits like nothing with was portrayal similar to Doffy. Both Ceaser and Doffy hype him up. I think Vergo was really special and his own class,not like fodders like Trebol and co.

Overall Vergo seem be one of the strongest VA.
:akaman::akaman::akaman: man high IQ
No Marine HQ affiliation, so like you say, maybe G-5 is incredibly big with each warship representing a unit with a leader is nice idea, never thought of that.

Vergo persnally requested to be transferred and did make quite an impression. This is one year in as a recruit, he is making a admiral (busy guy) hearing bunch of rumours of this new recruit (Oda didnt need to make this scene, in fact it ruined the surprise later when Law ran into Vergo, imagine if we hadnt seen this scene we would experience more shock, but Oda wanted to show this scene for a reason, even if it meant spoiling the big surprise later...)

Yeah I'm glad to see such great insights, you are a most astute guy :zehaha:

Lost to G2 Luffy, Law, Caesar, Vergo, and then Doffy.
I can understand why he lose against Luffy,Ceaser and Doffy though.
Against Luffy and Ceaser he didn't have his real body and fighting with Tashigi wasn't the case.
Against Doffy he was weakenend asf because of his Vergo battle.

However he look good against Law,bad against Vergo. His skills where not enough even though I put someone as Smoker above VA Maynard and VA Bastille.

Smoker need something new from his df since outside of his speed he not gain much anything for his AP even though his df has really great potential(as example moving and attacking with lightning smoke, using magma smoke or poison smoke).
Also his CoA need to get a huge upgrade.

I can understand why he lose against Luffy,Ceaser and Doffy though.
Against Luffy and Ceaser he didn't have his real body and fighting with Tashigi wasn't the case.
Against Doffy he was weakenend asf because of his Vergo battle.

However he look good against Law,bad against Vergo. His skills where not enough even though I put someone as Smoker above VA Maynard and VA Bastille.

Smoker need something new from his df since outside of his speed he not gain much anything for his AP even though his df has really great potential(as example moving and attacking with lightning smoke, using magma smoke or poison smoke).
Also his CoA need to get a huge upgrade.
He needs crazy CoA boost and durability. He's definitely getting Vegapunk tech.

Absolutely one of the best anime fights!
I like the scene where Smoker put anything in his punch+CoA but Vergo easily tank it without fliching much. I remember how hyped I was when the episode was coming out and I actually jizz in my pants watching that episode. I was screaming because it was really a great fight and back then we rarely see a hardening CoA fight between two haki user.

I like the scene where Smoker put anything in his punch+CoA but Vergo easily tank it without fliching much. I remember how hyped I was when the episode was coming out and I actually jizz in my pants watching that episode. I was screaming because it was really a great fight and back then we rarely see a hardening CoA fight between two haki user.
The fight was legendary bc of high skiled fighters + haki usage. And consider if this scene you mention is canon, you think this was just filler or actually Oda made that scene for them to animate? Then it means Smoker's signature move was blocked by Chou Kouka face hardening. :cheers:

I think Vergo has the best control over armamwent hardneing over any user. Let's say Garp uses CoC and barrier, but Vergo just has very good mastery of basic armament hardening

Status
Not open for further replies.