Status
Not open for further replies.

Doggo

Welcome to the House of Hope
Drizzt's video exposed one piece fans' insecurities in the open for everyone to see. People just refuse to watch cuz they're afraid that they might change their mind after doing so. But dispite not watching the video, everyone is ok just to come, dislike the video without even watching it, and leave with no shame whatsoever.
These 6 hours just flew by.
Drizzt is really good at keeping me interested in what he has to say, whether I agree with it or not.
Loved to hear some thoughts about things I've never even considered.
But honestly, aside from a few characters considerations about Chopper, or Luffy that I never gave much thought about, the rest pretty much is on the same page with what I think about post-TS.
Plot elements that go nowhere, characters acting in contradiction to everything, characters being completely sidelined in favor of Luffy, despite the fact that they could have contributed so much to the current story being told, etc.
Seems like the kind of dude that I genuinely would like to talk to about One Piece over some cold beer.

Last edited:
G

Gorosei Informer

These 6 hours just flew by.
Drizzt is really good at keeping me interested in what he has to say, whether I agree with them or not.
Loved to hear some thoughts about things I've never even considered.
But honestly, aside from a few characters considerations about Chopper, or Luffy that I never gave much thought about, the rest pretty much is on the same page with what I think about post-TS.
Plot elements that go nowhere, characters acting in contradiction to everything, characters being completely sidelined in favor of Luffy, despite the fact that they could have contributed so much to the current story being told, etc.
Seems like the kind of dude that I genuinely would like to talk to about One Piece over some cold beer.
Speaking from personal experience, as I have chatted with Drizzt a lot and made a lot of memes of him for fun, including ones he really liked and used on Twitter and such too, he's a very mature, respectful, chill person imo. He is very patient and has a lot of respect for others but ironically receives very little in return from majority of the community at least.

I've always really enjoyed his analysis, criticisms, theories, thoughts and just attitude/persona even. He's very funny and insightful and definitely someone you could have great personal discussions with as you said, over some cold beer to even. I've seen him have wonderful talks with people on his Discord server and it's very chill there too.

:zosmug::goyea:

Thanks for providing some respectful positivity towards him and what he said!

:cheers::fransuper:

I completely agree with those issues about post TS too, there's so much wrong with post TS One Piece and the Will of Denial still echoes rampantly throughout the majority of community, that is more of a crazy cult than a healthy fandom.

:lusalty::goatasure:

Other series are free game to criticise and not enjoy but One Piece? May as well be a death sentence to a lot of the community! Like the meme of Oda saying "Don't speak ill of Zoro", it's more like "Don't speak ill of Oda/One Piece" ironically!

:lawsigh::crocusuh:

Speaking from personal experience, as I have chatted with Drizzt a lot and made a lot of memes of him for fun, including ones he really liked and used on Twitter and such too, he's a very mature, respectful, chill person imo. He is very patient and has a lot of respect for others but ironically receives very little in return from majority of the community at least.

I've always really enjoyed his analysis, criticisms, theories, thoughts and just attitude/persona even. He's very funny and insightful and definitely someone you could have great personal discussions with as you said, over some cold beer to even. I've seen him have wonderful talks with people on his Discord server and it's very chill there too.

I completely agree with those issues about post TS too, there's so much wrong with post TS One Piece and the Will of Denial still echoes rampantly throughout the majority of community, that is more of a crazy cult than a healthy fandom.

Other series are free game to criticise and not enjoy but One Piece? May as well be a death sentence to a lot of the community! Like the meme of Oda saying "Don't speak ill of Zoro", it's more like "Don't speak ill of Oda/One Piece" ironically!

Its just a lot of whining. Nobody sane has time for that. Go enjoy something else, no one is convincing anyone who likes it that it's bad and no one who hates it wants anything but attention.

Doggo

Welcome to the House of Hope

A real bummer the dude gets the short end of the stick by being "the guy" that needs to drop some harsh truths about One Piece, while a bunch of "content creators" milk the views and money by simply accepting and hyping everything Oda throws at us to appeal to the fandom's pathological need of accepting that everything is fine.

A real bummer the dude gets the short end of the stick by being "the guy" that needs to drop some harsh truths about One Piece, while a bunch of "content creators" milk the views and money by simply accepting and hyping everything Oda throws at us to appeal to the fandom's pathological need of accepting that everything is fine.
it's about driving the expectation of emotional validation that pays the bills of content creators , you can't blame them for wanting to make some money by not being totally honest about what they think, it's a fictional series after all.

Damn bro you are delusional lmao. He "had to" like it's anything but his dumb ass opinions

Status
Not open for further replies.