Status
Not open for further replies.
@Hedfi I tracked down what I remembered and it was about a robot manga, I'm not sure if this then became general sci fi over the years of forum talks or if there was another interview about a different sci fi plan but this particular one was the one I was thinking about.
:josad::josad:

Oda straight up confirmed that Franky is just a gag character

We all know he favors luffy zoro nami usopp and sanji, but at this point he might as well kill of a few members of the crew, he straight cares more about background characters than he does with the rest of the main cast

:josad::josad:

Oda straight up confirmed that Franky is just a gag character

We all know he favors luffy zoro nami usopp and sanji, but at this point he might as well kill of a few members of the crew, he straight cares more about background characters than he does with the rest of the main cast
No, he was talking about general Franky but not Franky himself.

No, he was talking about general Franky but not Franky himself.
I mean, saying that Franky's most powerful weapon is "nearly comical" is kind of saying that he is nearly comical

Imagine if oda stated that ashura is a gag, that'd be a waste of character

If Franky's best asset is a gag, then it says a lot about how Oda treats that character, it's a shame tbh, franky pre ts was insanely badass

G

Gorosei Informer

Yeah, this is the one I read some time ago. I always had in my mind that he always has plan to draw a scifi manga after One Piece.

I don't know if he still do though after going so long in drawing One Piece.
I think he might have given up on it and is using OP to compensate for it? Hence the Vinsmokes, Franky post TS, Queen and MADSs and such? Also the emphasis on space especially with Enel's cover page story? Might just pulling at straws (or straw hats even) here though lol.

Araki is still drawing Jojo after 34 years so Oda might still do another manga LOL! (Or OP will still be going for that long LMFAO!) Seriously though, I'm hoping he takes a massive break after OP is finally over and if he wants to do another series, to do a short, monthly series, nothing more extreme than that.

I mean, saying that Franky's most powerful weapon is "nearly comical" is kind of saying that he is nearly comical

Imagine if oda stated that ashura is a gag, that'd be a waste of character

If Franky's best asset is a gag, then it says a lot about how Oda treats that character, it's a shame tbh, franky pre ts was insanely badass
So far his best asset is his beam though, hell the fact that Shogun isn't meant to be overpowered might be the reason Franky's best move comes from him.

I think he might have given up on it and is using OP to compensate for it? Hence the Vinsmokes, Franky post TS, Queen and MADSs and such? Also the emphasis on space especially with Enel's cover page story? Might just pulling at straws (or straw hats even) here though lol.

Araki is still drawing Jojo after 34 years so Oda might still do another manga LOL! (Or OP will still be going for that long LMFAO!) Seriously though, I'm hoping he takes a massive break after OP is finally over and if he wants to do another series, to do a short, monthly series, nothing more extreme than that.
Oda should do a monthly series of that one-shot that he did, the Wanted! one, a western.

:steef:

That would be insanely good! I really wanted to see a Wild West arc in OP, with bounty hunters and ideally Shanks crew too! There was that rival of Yasopp who was a gunslinger, Daddy Materson ,in the fillers too I think?
Exactly you are right! That's why I always cope that Oda didn't expand the bounty hunters in OP because he wants to do a Western in the future.

:milaugh:

"Two Piece in Space" is the future. :milaugh:

So far his best asset is his beam though, hell the fact that Shogun isn't meant to be overpowered might be the reason Franky's best move comes from him.
True, but general Franky is pretty much his ultimate transformation, so if his most powerful form is a gag then oda is kind of wasting Franky's potential, it's not even like it's that powerful

I love Franky but I wish to see him do more, he's been sidelined by oda, even his fight with Sasaki didn't do him justice, I hope we atleast get to see a character arc with vegapunk where Franky really gets his shine

Status
Not open for further replies.