Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Joy D. MADS

He's not trash in the Netflix series, which is my point. Jon Bernthal actually made him into a real character driven to what he does because of how his family was brutally murdered.
They need to focus into gangster/mafia/thugs rather than Thanos shiet overpower shit...

Bring back Kingpin, Madame Gao, The Hand, Tombstone, Silvermane, Hammerhead, Diamond Back, Cotton Mouth... And all those people who make things interesting and funny.

White dude with a tragic/vengeful backstory.
>>>>>B.A.S.I.C<<<<<
Eh, not even trying to make this about race. I'm mixed race and 100% felt his portrayal.

The show tackled PTSD and mental issues from being in the military. It also did a pretty good job of that too.

The only thing that came off weird that I didn't really like was how he spared the former White Supremacist villain, but then he goes to mow down low class criminals (who were all races and obviously murderers, but whatever) by the end. Sure it makes sense when you watch the show, but it feels weird when you watch it knowing that sequence lol.

Doggo

Welcome to the House of Hope
Basic doesn't necessarily mean bad

He's still enjoyable as a character nonetheless
Problem with the format of "marvel characters" (and dc ones) is that you have so many "takes" on the character, that is virtually impossible to actually define what said character is or should represent.
To an author the character is gonna be all about violence, brutality, guns, blood, etc, etc. To other, he will completely flip the style and focus on a more soul conflict kind of narrative, etc.

These comic character are "everything" and "nothing".
Which is why I don't find them appealing anymore.

I don't think you know what edgy means, it's not even a controversial statement. Whether you think it adds to a conversation is subjective, I don't really have to explain myself further beyond my statement that mcu movies are the equivalent of fast food: a spectacle of cgi effects and bright lights but hollow experience.
See, and most people will disagree with you there lmao.

Post 2016 MCU films have, for the most part, well written and engaging plots beyond their spectacle. I question how many movies or shows you've actually watched. The franchise has improved over the years, and there is a reason its attracted well respected actors and film makers beyond money (most do not get paid the RDJ salary, it comes with proof and time that you can MAKE a good film/show first).

Status
Not open for further replies.