Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a feeling that a serious Kaidou will beat Luffy to near death, then Marco will fly up and sacrifice himself for the ultimate healing for Luffy, and the fight will become a full 1v1 till Kaidou is defeated.
That’s how I imagine Marco would go to the roof, because right now he’s still recovering and he doesnt really have a purpose to go up there atm anyways

Sulong Neko vs Perospero is a clear mismatch

What would make Wano more interesting is when Pero is about to be killed after desperately trying to fend off Neko, Smoothie steps in to save her brother and faces off against him with some reinforcements

Then Carrot and Wanda step in and Carrot can finally redeem herself vs Daifuku (A flying six level type fighter)

Then we could either get a Brook, Chopper, Nami and Usopp vs Numbers 1-3 and 6 (The only competent numbers who aren’t completely fodder) battle or Usopp vs Flampe or Compote vs Brook

Snack also seems to be with them so he could maybe gove the strawhats a real tough fight too

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
Sulong Neko vs Perospero is a clear mismatch

What would make Wano more interesting is when Pero is about to be killed after desperately trying to fend off Neko, Smoothie steps in to save her brother and faces off against him with some reinforcements

Then Carrot and Wanda step in and Carrot can finally redeem herself vs Daifuku (A flying six level type fighter)

Then we could either get a Brook, Chopper, Nami and Usopp vs Numbers 1-3 and 6 (The only competent numbers who aren’t completely fodder) battle or Usopp vs Flampe or Compote vs Brook

Snack also seems to be with them so he could maybe gove the strawhats a real tough fight too
I think we should skip this bullshit or resolve this in interim panels on few pages to not take away from main fights. Anything less than Calamities is literally wasting fucking time. We are so deep in this arc and we are not even close to the main event.

I think we should skip this bullshit or resolve this in interim panels on few pages to not take away from main fights. Anything less than Calamities is literally wasting fucking time. We are so deep in this arc and we are not even close to the main event.
I don’t think it’s ok for oda to leave them out though. Sure he can skip it and offscreen most of it but…..

If Big Mom’s crew is this incompetent in Wano then where would the hype for them be in elbaf??? At that point they’re more like pests than anything

I agree the Calamities are the true All Stars (No pun intended) of the arc besides Kaido himself. F6 were a disappointment and didn’t really add much to the lore minus WsW

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
If Big Mom’s crew is this incompetent in Wano then where would the hype for them be in elbaf??? At that point they’re more like pests than anything
I hope she dies off-screen tbh. I don't want another arc with her...

Pretty much Straw hats fights are resolved aside from Zoro and Sanji. Who cares about those lame Scabbards and their oden sama love.

"Shut the fuck up and enjoy it?" Really? How about you get some damn manners, respect and grow up? Don't be so damn rude to others especially if they criticise something you blindly love and worship so much. If you want an echo chamber, go to Reddit/Twitter/Youtube, this place is great because it actually allows diversity of opinion and criticism of OP and Oda, unlike the (at least almost )literal cults everywhere else!

If you really believe this is an acceptable standard for an arc that supposedly has been over 20 years in the making and waiting to see happen, then I'm just lost for words. I've seen shorter series including Rurouni Kenshin, Sengoku Basara, Bleach as well as a mostly comedy/slice of life /asburdist series like Gintama do this far better! What excuses does Oda have really? He worked on Rurouni Kenshin, he is Japanese and loves his country a lot and he's good friends with the author of Naruto! How can anyone fuck up this badly? Do I need to get started on how he fucked up with Orochi alone for a start?

Oda has been an extreme workaholic for decades now and he's been hospitalised at least twice due to it. Working up to 21 hours a day regularly and borderline sending himself to an early grave, destroying his mind and body for the sake of his severe addiction to working on OP and also incoporating the Japanese people's suicidal work ethic!
The LAST thing I ever want him to do is work even harder/longer and thus make lengthier arcs that require more time and effort to do!
Also I just don't want this story to get dragged out any further than they already have been, I already hate that he brought in Imu and Xebec and he keeps adding new characters, plot elements/lore reveals and such that further complicate the story/world building and such. Some of it is great don't get me wrong but Oda needs limits, he needs control. He can always save stuff for a sequel series or another series if he really wants to.

I've watched many beloved series end for decades now. I'm no stranger to it and I know exactly what it feels like, what it entails. I've been preparing for the end of OP for a VERY long time and personally, I hope Oda doesn't have to pull a Kubo and prematurely end his series because of severe health issues amongst other reasons or worst case scenario, Oda goes the same way as Miura and he passes away before he can finish his greatest and most long running work!

I do enjoy One Piece, I enjoy it a godamn lot. That's why I'm so critical of it too, it takes passion, it takes investment, it takes having an open mind, maturity, to realise something or someone you love isn't perfect and it has flaws and that is fine of course! But sometimes the flaws are also too much of an glaring issue and they need to be addressed and ideally changed if possible!

I'm not some blind consumer of anything, I refuse to blindly follow worship anyone or anything, I've already paid the price for doing that in the past multiple times. I crticise everything including myself, other people, things and people I love because I want better for them and I want better for myself too. That's how we grow, we evolve, we improve, that's why the human race evolved so much and changed the world so drastically, for better and for worse especially unfortunately. I actually praise Oda and OP a LOT and if you check my post history, you will see proof of that too, but it will probably be buried in my posts too. I also praise a lot of other things and people out there too.

But on the other hand, Wano and Post TS One Piece are absolutely terrible generally imo and I emphasise In my opinion and I will die on that hill if I have to. Pre TS OP was AMAZING and that was the reason it gained so much fame, so much success and love in the first place! Now it feels like a bastardised, flanderised, soulless version of itself, one that tries way too hard, so self indulgment, arrogant and complacent.

You might be fine with that, but myself and many others are not, whether you like it or not. A lot of people in this world will never share the same opinions as you on many things you love and adore, get used to it. Just try and imagine you're in my shoes and you receive a response like the one you just gave to me? How would you feel? If this response of mine has angered and or upset you, if it has bothered you in anyway as I'm certain it will, then you really need to think and reflect on that.

If anyone wants Wano to be longer than this (glares at Mr Morj) they are crazy! We've had 3 years of this and it's not showing any signs of ending anytime soon! How long has Act 3 dragged on for now? Imagine if this was meant to be 5 acts as people were predicting? Some of us actually want to live to see the end of One Piece ideally you know? Dragging out the story unncesssarily and just to milk it and especially the shameless, spineless, senseless fans is the worst part! Are you actually fine with how Oda is ignoring Devil Fruit names and Bounty reveals in the manga now too? Making us wait for SBS, VIvre Cards and such to get them? "Like DLC/eXPansion passes/micro transactions" in other words? Please don't tell me you are? Please?

I know I went on a massive defense of Oda and OP ironically and hypocriticially in hindsight on here recently, but as I said, it comes from a place of passion, of loving this series for a LONG time and being extremely invested in it. True fans are not afraid of what they love being criticsed because they know it's subjective and it doesn't change what they feel, how they feel about something too. They just accept it and even in best case scenarios, it turns out the criticism was accurate/needed and they even accept it and work together to help whatever is being criticised to be better/more successful and such.

I've still got so much more I could say but I won't, this essay doesn't need to be anymore obnoxiously longer than it already is and I already typed a now "Void Centuried" rant about certain aspects of OP and Wano, that I really don't want to repeat as I'll genuinely get angry again. I've said my peace now anyway. After the way you spoke to me, I have no further interest in talking to you and I refuse to be treated like that. Apologies if this is "too much whining and bitching" for you to read anyway!

:lusalty::kuzanope::luuh::crocusuh:

Exactly! Lmao! They are exactly like this! I've been calling the OP community a cult for years because of people like this and the Reddit/Youtube/Twitter communities too! I wish I could respond as concisely as you guys can, I'm the exactly opposite as you can overwhelmingly see proof of above ofc!

:laughmoji::cheers::ace::cantseeme::saden::fujilaugh:
Den Den Mushi-level beat down.

Although Den Den would have ended that Oda bootlicker within half a paragraph, but it's still Den Den Mushi-level post nonetheless.

Status
Not open for further replies.