Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol you guys fail to mention what Morj was actually saying, that we're fake for liking Wano and accusing us of changing our opinions over time, which is a very natural thing to do. It's no surprise Morj got flamed for that dogshit take.

If I like an arc, I like the arc. I'm not letting some YouTuber tell me that I don't even know my own tastes and that I'm fake. I've always respected Morj's stance on the raid failing and understood his reasons for believing in it, but god he was being such a humongous prick on Twitter.

One can like Wano and what it stands for, one can hate Wano too and everything in it. But don't start dictating other people's likes and dislikes just because their views don't align with yours.

Last edited:
Wano Arc is weak
It does not have a good plot and climax
I'm sure the next arc of the Zoro and Sanji fans will be disappointed
If Zoro's opponent is strong, Luffy and Sanji fans will protest
If Zoro's opponent is weak, Zoro fans will be disappointed
We should also add Yamato fans
wano has done very badly in the power debate

Lol you guys fail to mention what Morj was actually saying, that we're fake for liking Wano and accusing us of changing our opinions over time, which is a very natural thing to do. It's no surprise Morj got flamed for that dogshit take.

If I like an arc, I like the arc. I'm not letting some YouTuber tell me that I don't even know my own tastes and that I'm fake. I've always respected Morj's stance on the raid failing and understood his reasons for believing in it, but god he was being such a humongous prick on Twitter.

One can like Wano and what it stands for, one can hate Wano too and everything in it. But don't start dictating other people's likes and dislikes just because their views don't align with yours.
The problem is that Geo is literally on record saying that the Tobiroppo fights were trash but now he’s saying they’re amazing.

What gives?

He did this magical thing called changing his opinion, is what I presume. Why don't you ask him for further details? I don't know him personally.
Changing your opinion is one thing, but when everything you dislike suddenly starts becoming amazing a month later, it’s fair to wonder if you’re being genuine or not.

Actual examples:
“Jimbei vs WsW is underwhelming” -> “Jimbei vs WsW is PEAK 🔥”
“mother mode is trash” -> “mother mode was a good way to help Ussop and Nami”

Changing your opinion is one thing, but when everything you dislike suddenly starts becoming amazing a month later, it’s fair to wonder if you’re being genuine or not.

Actual examples:
“Jimbei vs WsW is underwhelming” -> “Jimbei vs WsW is PEAK 🔥”
“mother mode is trash” -> “mother mode was a good way to help Ussop and Nami”
As I suggested before, perhaps you should ask him directly if he was being legitimate or not.

As an example from my side, I used to think Long Ring Long Land was trash the first time I read it. It took just one re-read for me to actually start appreciating multiple aspects of the arc and gain an overall liking for it.

There is no conspiracy theory to be had over someone changing their minds over a fictional piece of work, nor is there any negative consequence to it besides someone disagreeing and being offended by such a change (which frankly, is weird behaviour). It's not as though Geo is going to be arrested for potentially being a fraud and Morj gets a reward for "calling him out" on it. It is genuinely not that deep.

As I suggested before, perhaps you should ask him directly if he was being legitimate or not.

As an example from my side, I used to think Long Ring Long Land was trash the first time I read it. It took just one re-read for me to actually start appreciating multiple aspects of the arc and gain an overall liking for it.

There is no conspiracy theory to be had over someone changing their minds over a fictional piece of work, nor is there any negative consequence to it besides someone disagreeing and being offended by such a change (for some weird reason).
I’m sorry dude, but if you can’t recognize that a large portion of the OP fanbase (and all fanbases for that matter) is heavily biased towards their series in a way that causes them to be disingenuous and deny obvious issues, then we have no common ground on which to continue talking.

I’m sorry dude, but if you can’t recognize that a large portion of the OP fanbase (and all fanbases for that matter) is heavily biased towards their series in a way that causes them to be disingenuous and deny obvious issues, then we have no common ground on which to continue talking.
Oh no, fans of a series are biased towards the series they like! How shocking!

Why does it bother you so much? Why do you still read One Piece and engage in this fandom if you have such a huge problem? This is concerning behaviour to me and I suggest taking a break from this manga if the story and fans who enjoy it bother you to this extent.

You can be critical of One Piece and not attack others for their views, it's not that difficult I promise you.

Status
Not open for further replies.