Status
Not open for further replies.
Doctors are not scientists. Most of them don't even know how the drugs they prescribe work in the first place, no cap.
They only know what drugs to prescribe for what disease (and also what brand).
What I experienced is that doctors and nurses DO NOT UNDERSTAND when you don't want to take pain killers for mild pain.
They conditioned us into thinking that we need to swallow a pill for every single shit.

Doctors are not scientists. Most of them don't even know how the drugs they prescribe work in the first place, no cap.
They only know what drugs to prescribe for what disease (and also what brand).
I got prescribed a drug at the hospital for depression. Went home.

Week later, see lawyer-bait-ad about how it can cause male-lactation and how I should sue if I have symptoms.

The drug did fucking nothing to cure my depression.

I wish it would have made me lactate for my own amusement and so I could have sued, god damn it.
:parkcry:

R

rubblerust

Week later, see lawyer-bait-ad about how it can cause male-lactation and how I should sue if I have symptoms.

I wish it would have made me lactate for my own amusement and so I could have sued, god damn it.
If I had known how incompetent most doctors are I would have studied medicine in school for myself.

This post 100000% true

There's people who are so disillusioned with modern medicine that they go to miracle healers instead and believe them all sorts off bullshit, like that clapping your hands while shouting wards off the evil spirits that cause the illness.

If only doctors did their jobs properly. There wouldn't be so many anti vaxxers and Covid deniers today.
The people I respect most is the really sweet, kind grandmas. The grandmas who have happy, respectful kids, and understand the vitamins and compounds in different stuff. Those grandmas know WAYYYYYYYY more about medicine than these cunts in the US charging a grand for an Epipen. My sister had a milk allergy growing up, and needed those for emergency situations. Jerks.

Sweet wholesome grannies who know natural remedies >>>> crazy anti-vax facebook grandma who sends threats
People who sell medicine for legitimate, sensible prices >>> modern medicine

Psychopharma drugs are a whole new issue
They might be good for acute cases to stop people from killing people when hearing voices or shit like that.
Most of the time psychopharma drugs cause more harm than good and most importantly: they don't cure mental illness.

Better get a good therapist or look up how to treat yourself, that's better than flooding your system with potentially dangerous and neurotoxic chemicals that have tons of side effects.

I guess you had an antipsychotic drug, which works by inhibiting dopaminergic neurotransmission. Chlorpromazine is one of the drugs that is used.

Dopamine does a lot of stuff in the brain.
Among others, it inhibits prolactin secretion. Prolactin causes lactation.
If you take antipsychotic drugs, you block dopamine and you lose the inhibition of prolactin secretion, which makes your hypothalamus produce more prolactin and so, you lactate.

It's logical for it to be a side effect.

However, there are other ways to treat depression. There are better antipsychotic drugs (that act on both dopamine and serotonin), there are serotonin modulators, TCAs, MAOIs, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.