One Punch Man Chapter 158 : 2Bad

C

Cuistot

I dig the fight scenes, and Metal Bat's powerup was handled well, he's clearly far stronger than before but the fact that he's not on Garou's level is being highlighted doesn't make the power creep downright unbelievable.

Not a fan of Sage though, even Elder was more threatening than this. He's simply an excuse for Garou and MB to team up.

I know just like in the previous chapter many will complain things are feeling "out of place" (which i think is an asinine point given the nature of this show) but i have faith this is leading to something very good.

I remember that I used to read this manga for Saitam and Genos..Now a days we hardly get them

This manga is turning into generic shounen manga.

Tag me only if there is Saitam and Genos in chapter

Ironic considering Genos is a parody of the stereotypical cool-looking shonen protagonist. He's wildly uninteresting.
Not as individual...But as duo !
Post automatically merged:

Garou lose his villain side because of a brat. :josad:
In original webcomic he was really threatening..And was pretty shot and sold plot..
This one is slow paced..

C

Cuistot

Garou never had a villain side tbh. This is a misconception that almost the entire fandom adapted to. Reread his flashback and etc.

Garou is like every other LGBTQ supporter. He doesn't really care but he wanted to see how it is.
He's an anti-villain. Do people forget he risked his life to protect the brat back in that forest arc ? There is nothing even remotely inconsistent in this.

Although the complaint that he's not threatening is very valid, but that will likely get fixed soon, i trust ONE/Mura.

Metal Bat probably serves to bring out the "good" side in him, then Amai might pop back up to get him back on the "evil" side, as he's arguably the most fucked up hero out there. Would provide interesting contrast.

C

Cuistot

I've seen a lot of people pitching the idea of Garou finishing his training with Bang, tho I wonder if there is a sense in this? I mean. Does he need one? He surpassed Bang already. We don't know if he didn't read the rest of the scrolls.
Assuming the manga follows the webcomic route :

He simply finds a job as a delivery boy after the arc finishes. Classic OPM.

TheKnightOfTheSea

๐•ท๐–”๐–—๐–‰ ๐–”๐–‹ ๐•ธ๐–”๐–”๐–“'๐–˜ ๐•พ๐–•๐–†๐–œ๐–“
โ€Ž
Assuming the manga follows the webcomic route :

He simply finds a job as a delivery boy after the arc finishes. Classic OPM.
:milaugh:

wouldn't mind a few slice of life chapters focusing on him delivering shit to the Blizzard Group or something xd.

Would be interesting if ONE has anymore plans for him though.

C

Cuistot

:milaugh:

wouldn't mind a few slice of life chapters focusing on him delivering shit to the Blizzard Group or something xd.

Would be interesting if ONE has anymore plans for him though.
Wasn't Garou kicked out because of the Neo fodders incident?

Imagine Garou delivering stuff to Saitama, Blizzard group or fucking Bang's dojo:milaugh:
That's what i want. Miss me with that "training with his old master" generic shit.

I remember that I used to read this manga for Saitam and Genos..Now a days we hardly get them

This manga is turning into generic shounen manga.

Tag me only if there is Saitam and Genos in chapter
Youโ€™ll see more of them after his arc. Garou is intentionally being treated as the MC for this arc for a reason
Post automatically merged:

@Cuistot In the webcomic, one of Garou's famous lines was "Time to conduct evil." In the webcomic, Sweet Mask also said "Time to conduct justice." So I think that once Sage is defeated, Sweet Mask will reappear and have a "Time to conduct justice" moment, which prompts Garou to fully turn into a monster and have his "Time to conduct evil" moment. Sweet Mask's attitude towards justice and his pretentiousness will piss off Garou, which prompts him to embrace his monster side. Garou will then fight Sweet Mask and the S Class, and then Saitama. Also, I think Fubuki will fight Psykos soon.

Last edited:
Well, My theory so far was half right and half wrong. I didn't expect Metal Bat to be defeated....
Nor was I was expecting a "Narrative Text Box" which is the highest form of authenticity in manga info dumps even more so than feats or character portrayals and character dialogue's. The text box was saying how Metal Bats power was vastly inferior to Garou's.

Even though I am right in terms of how ONE is being coy about Metal Bats true potential and keeping a sense of suspense by admitting in a "Narrative Text box" how he is vastly inferior in terms of fire power compared to Garou but also making him do feats which are probably only outdone by Tatsumaki from the hero's. Also making him fight side by side and call Metal Bat a "Rival" to someone who is on verge to breaking his limiter. But never will because Saitama explains Garou's half ass resolve in the webcomic. But my theory on Metal Bat was different compared to my opinions on King, Saitama, and Watch Dog Man when it comes to limiters anyway. I did make a distinction between them. But it so happens that my Estimation of Metal Bat was a little to high even though I still believe he has the "Potential" to be the strongest besides King, Saitama and WDM but its not really something that will be show cased properly anyway. ONE will continue to keep this sense of Suspense.

I Also see people saying something about Garou not really being a villainy and acting heroically is bad.

FYI this is a plot point.

Saitama will call him out on this exact point. How his resolve is half assed. This being the reason why he loses to Saitama

Last edited:
I bet that Sage Centipede is another Elder Centipede who ate Orochiโ€™s remains and got โ€œgraced by Godโ€. In the Subterranean mural, two giant centipedes of equal size were depicted, so it would make sense that there were two Elder Centipedes