General & Others OP anime has nothing to do with OP manga[SPOILER]

Is current OP anime a garbage?

• Total voters
OP anime have always had many flaws and few positive points towards manga. But lately all it has are negative points and huge flaws.

For example Luffy x Kaido battle, nothing against with extending the fight, many complained about Luffy being punching Kaido so much giving the impression he would win but those are literally retardads I didn't felt at any moment that Luffy was winning. The key thing in this fight was Kaido blitzing Luffy that he tried again at chapter 1001 and half failed, when the anime comes to that part we won't have a reference for that scene and this is a very important moment to show Luffy growth after trainning in Udon.

Also there is a lot of bullshits anime added with auras that made OP look like DBS. Oden fighting WB that makes literally non-sense since they didn't fought at manga. WB jumping trees (hahahahahaha, Luffy is suppose to be the monkey) before clashing with Roger. Rayleigh using only a finger to fight Marco after cut off blood with his sword from others enemies and saying "I'm taking you seriously". Oden and Kaido fight lost half logic of the manga, Oden was easily beating Kaido and ready to kill him he didn't struggled at all. Also Oden using Conqueror Haki like Luffy even knowing that Oda never draw him doing that...

Really, how anyone that reads manga can actually enjoy that shit?

People used to complain about animation at WCI without any reason, at least it really was OP back then but since Wano is One Piece Super.

Can't wait to laugh at Luffy using kamehameha on Kaido at episode 1000~

OP anime have always had many flaws and few positive points towards manga. But lately all it has are negative points and huge flaws.

For example Luffy x Kaido battle, nothing against with extending the fight, many complained about Luffy being punching Kaido so much giving the impression he would win but those are literally retardads I didn't felt at any moment that Luffy was winning. The key thing in this fight was Kaido blitzing Luffy that he tried again at chapter 1001 and half failed, when the anime comes to that part we won't have a reference for that scene and this is a very important moment to show Luffy growth after trainning in Udon.

Also there is a lot of bullshits anime added with auras that made OP look like DBS. Oden fighting WB that makes literally non-sense since they didn't fought at manga. WB jumping trees (hahahahahaha, Luffy is suppose to be the monkey) before clashing with Roger. Rayleigh using only a finger to fight Marco after cut off blood with his sword from others enemies and saying "I'm taking you seriously". Oden and Kaido fight lost half logic of the manga, Oden was easily beating Kaido and ready to kill him he didn't struggled at all. Also Oden using Conqueror Haki like Luffy even knowing that Oda never draw him doing that...

People used to complain about animation at WCI without any reason, at least it really was OP back then but since Wano is One Piece Super.

Agree 100%. Anime must return to thriller bark- sabaody style of animation.

Yikes.
Post automatically merged:

I'll put it briefly, because it hits better than the manga?:funky:

Like, the One Piece anime, in terms of direction, animation and aesthetics, has never been better than it has been now. The anime has never been this consistently well animated. We've never had big stand out episodes in One Piece that hold any sort of candles to good episodes from seasonal shows like we do now.(for fucks sake, One Piece has had better animated episodes than My Hero Academia of late)

As for your concerns, they typically fall into the same sort of fidelity literary criticism of adaptations that I don't really care for, and I think doesn't really apply to One Piece. One Piece is still a show that tries way too hard most of the time to look like the manga, and that's often a detriment to the series more than anything else, especially during action scenes.

The stuff they added a lot of the time were huge improvements on the manga in terms of being engaging. Whitebeard vs Oden was great. It not being shown in the manga doesn't diminish it at all.

Also, yeah, I don't really see the problem with Whitebeard's jump? Like, yes, characters can jump superhumanly far in One Piece. How is that controversial?

Oden wasn't easily beating Kaido in the manga. He was clearly heavily damaged himself before the final blow. Again, this is something that the manga didn't bother to show, and that the anime expanded on to great effect. The manga version of that fight is one of the biggest disappointments of the flashback.

Like, this is just a meme post at this point.

Its basically "Wah...its not exactly how it was in the manga, and exactly how I imagined it was in the manga".

My response to that is, so what? Its still a good and faithful adaptation. The added scenes actually improve things more than take away from it, especially since the manga is hilariously bad at action scenes 90% of the time nowadays(the 10% that is good comes from the rooftop)

Last edited:
Yikes.

Like, the One Piece anime, in terms of direction, animation and aesthetics, has never been better than it has been now. The anime has never been this consistently well animated. We've never had big stand out episodes in One Piece that hold any sort of candles to good episodes from seasonal shows like we do now.(for fucks sake, One Piece has had better animated episodes than My Hero Academia of late)

As for your concerns, they typically fall into the same sort of fidelity literary criticism of adaptations that I don't really care for, and I think doesn't really apply to One Piece. One Piece is still a show that tries way too hard most of the time to look like the manga, and that's often a detriment to the series more than anything else, especially during action scenes.

The stuff they added a lot of the time were huge improvements on the manga in terms of being engaging. Whitebeard vs Oden was great. It not being shown in the manga doesn't diminish it at all.

Also, yeah, I don't really see the problem with Whitebeard's jump? Like, yes, characters can jump superhumanly far in One Piece. How is that controversial?

Oden wasn't easily beating Kaido in the manga. He was clearly heavily damaged himself before the final blow. Again, this is something that the manga didn't bother to show, and that the anime expanded on to great effect. The manga version of that fight is one of the biggest disappointments of the flashback.

Its basically "Wah...its not exactly how it was in the manga, and exactly how I imagined it was in the manga".

My response to that is, so what? Its still a good and faithful adaptation. The added scenes actually improve things more than take away from it, especially since the manga is hilariously bad at action scenes 90% of the time nowadays(the 10% that is good comes from the rooftop)
Amen brother:cheers: For me I love the manga but I love the anime more because the anime show scenes that made for sense compare to the manga filling in those spaces nicely,

Imagine if the anime went only off the manga it would look stupid kinda stupid, plus it'll be really short

Yikes.

https://mipon.org/anime-popular-right-now-japan/

OP Manga is doing better than OP Anime.

OP animation was almost the same to me since timeskip. People used to complain a lot about WCI animation without reason. Wano animation has nothing special, just more colour, bright, aura shit. Nothing that really puts it animation above others. And animation is not the most important thing. Most watched scenes from OP until today are from old "ugly" animation, because story is more important.

OP anime don't even try to look like manga. And as stated above Manga is doing better than Anime so it will only get worse because it is not following the anime. As I say, anime will not make logic in some future events because it was changed before. Adding scenes is not a problem as long the full content don't change. Luffy x Kaido round 1 makes no sense when round 2 began because didn't showed Kaido speedblitzing Luffy.
We have HxH(2011) and FMA: Brotherhood that were closer to manga than it previous adaptations and were far better animes. Not only because of animation itself that became better along years.

WB x Oden is shit because it doesn't make sense. They never fought in manga, it wasn't off screen the fight never happened it was just a useless clash because Oden just want to go to sea no matter who is taking him. If was Ace instead of WB, Oden would have beat or killed Ace and not went to sea?

Oden was easily beating Kaido at manga. Wasn't offscreened. That Kaido who faced Oden was not the beast monster he is today.

Your judge of what is good action scene and what is bad is so terrible. You are just followed by hype, which Oda is living on since timeskip. Rooftop are the ugliest action scenes. Maybe the only goods were Luffy dodging Kaido and hitting with Red Roc and later on with adv CoC. Besides that all was straight fowards, characters just showed to be hitting Kaido with no movement at all. Ashura is always ugly, no movement on that attack. Oh, Law saving Zoro was good too.
Now under the roof, Luffy fighting Ulti and Page One was pretty good. Marco low diffing 2 YC is great. Apoo handling Zoro and X-Drake is good enough too. Yamato knocking out Ulti. BM knocking out Page One and Ulti.
Okay sorry, almost forgot Scabbards fight that was nice too.

I’d love for filler scenes and the blinding colorful aura to be removed. There are some episodes that are done well, yet a larger number done poorly. But I’d just drop it if I was fed up. Why don’t you do the same?
I'd say that most episodes in Wano have been done pretty well as opposed to being done poorly.

How is that at all comparable? You can't compare viewership rankings of an anime to a manga. Also, One Piece is still doing incredibly well. Its even beating out shows like My Hero Academia in the rankings for viewership(only in the Kanto region).

OP animation was almost the same to me since timeskip. People used to complain a lot about WCI animation without reason. Wano animation has nothing special, just more colour, bright, aura shit. Nothing that really puts it animation above others. And animation is not the most important thing. Most watched scenes from OP until today are from old "ugly" animation, because story is more important.
No, like, objectively, the quality of the animation of the show has significantly improved. One Piece had never previously had so many consistently well animated "special" episodes, or anything comparable to it. Also, the better use of colours and atmosphere has dramatically elevated the visuals of the series.

Wano has far greater animation peaks, and far more of them. There has never been an episode like 957 outside of Wano, and there have been amazingly animated episode like 914 and 915 and lately 961 and 962.

One Piece has never been so consistently well animated, and there are a number of factors that contribute to this. A huge factor being the consistent present of talented foreign freelancers.

Before Wano, we never had guys like Takashi Kojima consistently appearing on the series. Now he appears quite frequently.

Like, even if you talk with animators on the show, the general impression you get is that they are far happier with the quality and production of the output they are producing than previously.

Like, WCI was good, but Wano is a definite step up production wise, both in terms of direction, visual aesthetic, and the level of animation(pretty much all the prominent animators from WCI are working on Wano, and all of them are producing better scenes than they did in WCI).

OP anime don't even try to look like manga. And as stated above Manga is doing better than Anime so it will only get worse because it is not following the anime. As I say, anime will not make logic in some future events because it was changed before. Adding scenes is not a problem as long the full content don't change. Luffy x Kaido round 1 makes no sense when round 2 began because didn't showed Kaido speedblitzing Luffy.
Again, your evidence for that is superficial at best. The scales your using aren't comparable at all.

I don't have any real problems with them changing stuff if it makes the action flow better. Also, its easy to retroactively change such a thing.

We have HxH(2011) and FMA: Brotherhood that were closer to manga than it previous adaptations and were far better animes. Not only because of animation itself that became better along years.
Both of those are contentious examples. For Hunter x Hunter, I know plenty of people who vastly prefer the 99 adaptation for the arcs that it covered(and funnily enough, a big reason for that, is because they prefer 99 aesthetically, as well as animation wise).

WB x Oden is shit because it doesn't make sense. They never fought in manga, it wasn't off screen the fight never happened it was just a useless clash because Oden just want to go to sea no matter who is taking him. If was Ace instead of WB, Oden would have beat or killed Ace and not went to sea?
They literally did fight in the manga, and again, showing Oden and Whitebeard fighting is a great opener to the episode, and flows more naturally into them calming down and eating with each other. Also, the result aalso made perfect sense, with Oden losing the battle to Whitebeard.

Also, you do know they did clash in the manga right?

Oden was easily beating Kaido at manga. Wasn't offscreened. That Kaido who faced Oden was not the beast monster he is today.
No he wasn't? It was a fight that was literally off screened, only being shown in montage in the manga. The Kaido that faced Oden was still monstrously strong, and Kaido was shown to be able to match up to Oden 5 years prior to the event of their fight.

Your judge of what is good action scene and what is bad is so terrible. You are just followed by hype, which Oda is living on since timeskip. Rooftop are the ugliest action scenes. Maybe the only goods were Luffy dodging Kaido and hitting with Red Roc and later on with adv CoC. Besides that all was straight fowards, characters just showed to be hitting Kaido with no movement at all. Ashura is always ugly, no movement on that attack. Oh, Law saving Zoro was good too.
No, the rooftop battle is genuinely the best stuff One Piece has produced in a while. Some of it falls victim to Oda's cluttered panelled, but for the most part, the action is incredibly readable and adequately captures the scale of the action.

Now under the roof, Luffy fighting Ulti and Page One was pretty good. Marco low diffing 2 YC is great. Apoo handling Zoro and X-Drake is good enough too. Yamato knocking out Ulti. BM knocking out Page One and Ulti.
Okay sorry, almost forgot Scabbards fight that was nice too.
Luffy vs Ulti and Page One was messier than the roof top fight. It was fine, but incredibly brief. Marco fighting King and Queen also had some really nice action.

Apoo vs Zoro and Drake is typical Oda rubbish. Only thought that Zoro's finisher on Apoo was particularly well done.