Naval Battle Open Sea (East Blue)

Fleet Admiral Lee Hung

Conjuration ov Sleep Daemons
Narrative
Thoughts
"Dialogue"
Hakucha
Skoll

The crew of four made their way through the waters of East Blue, now miles away from Loguetown. The Giant Skoll swam through the seawaters with his captain and two new crew mates atop him. Each time his arms and legs pushed through the waves, the open wound on his back stung with a sharp pain. Skoll was starting to wince as the pain worstened.

"Taiyaaa, that Marine sure left a mark!" Skoll laughs. For a moment, Skoll completely relaxes and lets the ocean current carry him forward. He closes his eyes, and after a slow deep inhale, lets out a calming exhale. As he does so, the pain from the wound on his back slowly fades until all of the air in his lungs is released.

Jotun’s Focus
With a deep inhale followed by a calming exhale, Skoll numbs all pain he is feeling for a set amount of turns based on Mastery.
DPR: N/A
21 Mastery - 1 Turn
61 Mastery - 2 Turns
101 Mastery- 3 Turns
120 Mastery - 4 Turns

That should ease things a bit, at least. We'll need to quicken our movement, the beasts of the seas will be able to follow the trail of blood I'm leaving behind...

As Skoll's pain fades, he once again resumes his forward swim.

Sitting with her legs crossed atop of Skoll's Sharkskin head dress, Hakucha looks forward with a solemn look on her face, her mood still dampened from the carnage that her crew's retreat from Loguetown had caused. Zodd the Parrot swoops down and perches next to her, but she didn't even notice him, continuing to stare ahead.

She recalls Malcolm's words to her, that in the moment she had been too emotional to respond to.

"There is no shame in showing regret for what has transpired here, for the civilian lives that were unfortunately lost."

"However, none of us had any intention of surrendering. Thus our choices were limited to flight or fight. While our escape hath admittedly caused significant collateral damage, it is nothing compared to the carnage that would have been wrought had we fought. Between mineself, Skoll, Kyria and that Marine Captain, Loguetown would have been veritably razed to the ground."

"So although it may not seem like it to thee, thou hath saved many lives by ordering us to flee. For sometimes thou cannot save everyone that thou desires to, so thou must settle for saving as many as thou can do."
So, I saved lives then? Is that how I'm supposed to take what happened?

Hakucha looks down at the Giant swimming through the waves beneath her.

You didn't even pay them any mind...Why? Is it because they are weaker than you? Is it not tragic that the weak die, while the strong live on?

Hakucha looks on ahead again, this time addressing Malcolm:

"Malcolm, thank you for your kind words when we left Loguetown...I don't want to be one of those Pirate Crews that leave mountains of dead innocents everywhere they go...I've read about those kinds of crews in the Newspapers...Those people aren't Pirates, they're monsters..."

Hearing these words, Skoll thinks to himself:

Monsters, you say...

Skoll's thought is interrupted by a sight ahead. A large cluster of mossy uninhabited islands:

"Just ahead there...That is where our ship is hidden. We should take the ship to Reverse Mountain, and part ways with it there. We'll be there soon."

@Beerbottle

Last edited:
Malcolm remained silent as he sat on the impromptu mode of transportation that was Skoll the Giant.

Well, I must say that this adventure is certainly off to an interesting start what with my literally riding upon a warrior Giant.

Malcolm was currently atop the head of Skoll's skinned shark cape trophy, having had to move off of the giant's shoulder once the giant required his arms for swimming through deeper water.

His crew mates had been equally as silent as Malcolm himself since their collective escape from Loguetown. Kyria remained unconscious, Skoll was focused on swimming and Hakucha had remained quiet since Malcolm last talked to her.

Unsurprisingly, it was the most boisterous member of the crew that shattered the veil of tranquility that had befallen them all with his deep, rumbling baritone voice.
"Taiyaaa, that Marine sure left a mark!"
Indeed he did.

Unfortunately, Malcolm could do nothing to aid Skoll with his swimming or with his injury. As such, he had decided to act as a lookout for the crew, especially since Kyria was still out of commission, Skoll was focused on swimming and Hakucha appeared to not even know what Haki was. So Malcolm continued his vigil, observing their surroundings for any signs of threats, be they wandering Sea Kings or potentially hostile ships.

It was not long before his Captain decided to speak too.
Sitting with her legs crossed atop of Skoll's Sharkskin head dress, Hakucha looks forward with a solemn look on her face, her mood still dampened from the carnage that her crew's retreat from Loguetown had caused. Zodd the Parrot swoops down and perches next to her, but she didn't even notice him, continuing to stare ahead.

Hakucha looks on ahead again, this time addressing Malcolm:

"Malcolm, thank you for your kind words when we left Loguetown...I don't want to be one of those Pirate Crews that leave mountains of dead innocents everywhere they go...I've read about those kinds of crews in the Newspapers...Those people aren't Pirates, they're monsters..."
Malcolm was pleased that his words seemed to have raised the little dwarf's spirit, if only by a fraction. Though he felt that he needed to clarify a certain topic with his Captain.

"That is indeed a fine sentiment to hold mine Captain and I certainly shan't dissuade thee from it. However, it should be noted that sometimes it is not by one's own hands that many perish but from the direct and indirect consequences of one's own actions."

"After all, most kings rarely kill anyone with their own hands but they can be responsible for hundreds of thousands of deaths by simply declaring an act of war. The Pirate King can be considered to be not much different in that regard. The mere existence of a Pirate King is enough to bring global instability. Instability can lead to anarchy which in turn leads to death."

"Though thou may choose never to kill with thine own hands, know that there will be those who will blame thee for deaths that many will perceive as being as a result of thine actions."

"I say this not to dissuade thee from anything you hold dear but to merely advise thee on what lies on the path ahead. Whatever thine decision, I shall respect it."

Malcolm knew that this topic could perhaps bring the dwarf's morale back down but Malcolm knew it was better for Hakucha if she realises what the future consequences of her actions could incur and that she accepts it in advance (or change her path entirely) rather than her only realising the consequences once she had already made her actions and come to hate herself for it.
Skoll's thought is interrupted by a sight ahead. A large cluster of mossy uninhabited islands:

"Just ahead there...That is where our ship is hidden. We should take the ship to Reverse Mountain, and part ways with it there. We'll be there soon."
Malcolm's attention snapped to what Skoll had just said, as if he was not quite certain he had heard the Giant correctly.

"..... What doth thou mean we are parting ways with our ship?"

Malcolm left his skepticism riddled question to metaphorically hang in the air.

"Npc talking"
Thinking
"Speaking"
Narration/actions

I felt myself stirring, slowly waking up from my deep slumber. I did not open my eyes or give any outward indication of having regained conciousness.

... Argh.. That was foolish, what in the hell came over me? Talk about losing ones head completely.. Hey.. I'm feeling better, what is going on?

Regretting some of my past actions I listened to a conversation that had already begun before I stirred:
mountains of dead innocents everywhere they go...I've read about those kinds of crews in the Newspapers...Those people aren't Pirates, they're monsters..."
... Foolishness.. Utter foolishness, I'm regretting choosing to follow her, she's got no mettle.. She can't do what needs to be done.... She can't stand in front of me.. She's not even beside me..

Harsh as it may seem, I simply do not hold any illusions about what road I'm walking down. Nor what her road most likely will lead to.
While laying still as a statue, I felt the movement underneath me.. Last thing I remember.. I was on Skoll's shoulder as he was running out of Loguetown.. These movements underneath me.. It feels a little like when I was on a ship.. Are we on a ship now?

As I was wondering about this, Malcolm answered the captain:
"That is indeed a fine sentiment to hold mine Captain and I certainly shan't dissuade thee from it. However, it should be noted that sometimes it is not by one's own hands that many perish but from the direct and indirect consequences of one's own actions."

"After all, most kings rarely kill anyone with their own hands but they can be responsible for hundreds of thousands of deaths by simply declaring an act of war. The Pirate King can be considered to be not much different in that regard. The mere existence of a Pirate King is enough to bring global instability. Instability can lead to anarchy which in turn leads to death."

"Though thou may choose never to kill with thine own hands, know that there will be those who will blame thee for deaths that many will perceive as being as a result of thine actions."

"I say this not to dissuade thee from anything you hold dear but to merely advise thee on what lies on the path ahead. Whatever thine decision, I shall respect it."
.. He knows.. He simply knows what's down her path.. But he's.. Still soft..

Thinking I felt like speaking my mind, Skoll chimed in from underneath me:
So I'm still atop Skoll.. How interesting.

I opened my eyes. Looking at the surface beneath me, I realised I was on top of Skoll's shark carcass. However, that mattered little to me as I sat up and looked toward Hakucha. My gaze now cold and piercing, my raving anger turned to silent disgust.

"Monsters eh? If you see that as a bad thing, turn back right this second, your path is doomed"..

I rose to my feet as I started to rummage through the folds of my clothing. Having located the fairly round object, I pulled it out and looked at it. It was a fruit, but it did not look like something that should belong in this world.. And its shell made it look far more like a flower of some sort. Neither blood or gore had even touched it.. How it had manage to remain pristine was something that I did not understand at all.

... Having finished checking the fruit for imperfections, I once again leveled my icy glare at Hakucha.

"The only thing I apologize for.. Is starting something I was too exhausted to finish myself.. That was the hight of foolishness on my part". However.. I walk down the path of blood and vengance.. I've already resigned myself.. You're traveling with one of those monsters captain".. With that said I became silent.

@Admiral Lee Hung

Fleet Admiral Lee Hung

Narrative
Thoughts
“Dialogue”
Hakucha
Skoll

Skoll continues his trek through the waves, getting closer and closer to the cluster of islands where the Swan Pirates’ ship lay concealed. As he continues to move his arms and legs through the water, he hears Malcolm’s question:

"..... What doth thou mean we are parting ways with our ship?"
“Taiyaaa..you’ll see when we arrive. Perhaps a wise man such as yourself can think of a solution that our Captain and I could not.”

As the gentle breeze sways Hakucha’s hair, she ponders Malcolm’s words:

With Malcolm’s words, Hakucha comes to a sudden realization.

He’s right...either I learn stomach the deaths of innocent people, or I give up on my journey here and now...Those are my options. I can’t continue to dwell on the past, it’ll only impede me in the future...

Before Hakucha could respond to him, Kyria had woken up and had begun to voice his thoughts on the matter.

"Monsters eh? If you see that as a bad thing, turn back right this second, your path is doomed"..
Kyria’s voice had caught her off guard.

That’s right...I completely forgot that he defied my orders earlier...What do I do about that??

Hakucha observed him as he pulled out a strange looking fruit and seemed to be checking it for oddities.

What? I’ve never seen a fruit like that...and wait a minute, didn’t he ask us for food earlier?

"The only thing I apologize for.. Is starting something I was too exhausted to finish myself.. That was the hight of foolishness on my part". However.. I walk down the path of blood and vengance.. I've already resigned myself.. You're traveling with one of those monsters captain".. With that said I became silent.
Hakucha looks at Kyria with her brow tightened, forgetting completely about the mysterious fruit that he had examined, She decided to address them both at once, first looking towards Malcolm.

“No, you’re right Malcolm...I have to press on, no matter who gets caught in the crossfire..it’s just that..”

Hakucha looks out towards the approaching island cluster.

“I met a great pirate once, when I was very small..before I had ever dreamed of becoming the Pirate King, and that man was a hero. He would’ve never hurt anyone who hadn’t done anything wrong in the first place. He even freed my home from the Celestial Dragons..”

Hakucha looks back at Malcolm.

“I want to be a hero...That’s the kind of Pirate King I want to be...I don’t want to be someone who brings death and destruction wherever she goes...”

At this, Skoll cracks a soft smile as he closed in on the islands.

Still a child at heart it seems. The world can be a cruel place for those like you. Still, I can’t help but admire your idealism.

Hakucha continues, looking at Malcolm.

“I know the Pirate King has to take on the World Government and other Pirates...many of them are evil, and deserve the exact kind of fate that you want to bring upon them, Kyria.”

At this, her gaze shifts towards Kyria.

“To evil men, I won’t show any mercy or sympathy. But answer this for me: Are you someone who would hurt or kill helpless people, for no reason at all?”

“Taiyaaa..you’ll see when we arrive. Perhaps a wise man such as yourself can think of a solution that our Captain and I could not.”
Hmmm, so there must be some kind of conundrum involving the ship. I doubt there is little I can do to solve the problem with mine skills.
I opened my eyes. Looking at the surface beneath me, I realised I was on top of Skoll's shark carcass. However, that mattered little to me as I sat up and looked toward Hakucha. My gaze now cold and piercing, my raving anger turned to silent disgust.

I rose to my feet as I started to rummage through the folds of my clothing. Having located the fairly round object, I pulled it out and looked at it. It was a fruit, but it did not look like something that should belong in this world.. And its shell made it look far more like a flower of some sort. Neither blood or gore had even touched it.. How it had manage to remain pristine was something that I did not understand at all.

... Having finished checking the fruit for imperfections, I once again leveled my icy glare at Hakucha.

Malcolm's attention rested on Kyria, for truth be told he was becoming increasingly wary of the man, the latter's bloodlust and questionable sanity making itself more and more apparent. Though the unnatural looking fruit that the crimson haired man now held was certainly worthy of notice.

It would likely be a safe bet to say that what that would be is a devil fruit.

Malcolm had never actually seen a devil fruit itself before. He had seen plenty of illustrations and even fought against a few users but seeing an actual fruit itself was a new experience.
Hakucha looks at Kyria with her brow tightened, forgetting completely about the mysterious fruit that he had examined, She decided to address them both at once, first looking towards Malcolm.

“No, you’re right Malcolm...I have to press on, no matter who gets caught in the crossfire..it’s just that..”

Hakucha looks out towards the approaching island cluster.

“I met a great pirate once, when I was very small..before I had ever dreamed of becoming the Pirate King, and that man was a hero. He would’ve never hurt anyone who hadn’t done anything wrong in the first place. He even freed my home from the Celestial Dragons..”

Hakucha looks back at Malcolm.

“I want to be a hero...That’s the kind of Pirate King I want to be...I don’t want to be someone who brings death and destruction wherever she goes...”

Hakucha continues, looking at Malcolm.

“I know the Pirate King has to take on the World Government and other Pirates...many of them are evil, and deserve the exact kind of fate that you want to bring upon them, Kyria.”
Malcolm contemplated Hakucha's words for a few seconds before responding.

"Thou certainly holds a most interesting reason for desiring to be the Pirate King. I know of no other that seeks to be both a hero and the Pirate King. I must question however whether it is truly achievable to hold such a idealistic reasoning while simultaneously becoming the greatest criminal in the world and perceived archenemy of justice."

"What will thou do with those who you do not consider evil but will refuse to bow to you regardless? What will you do if the only way to minimise death and destruction is to leave a tyrant be?"

"Though thou might be small o' Captain, thou treads on the path of titans. If thou are constantly frightened of crushing ants beneath thine own feet then can thou ever truly move forward?"

"Npc talking"
Thinking
"Speaking"
Narration/actions

I smirked.. Liar.. She's not capable of that.. Malcolm might, Skoll most certainly.. But not her, probably not ever.
I chose to wait for whatever she wanted to say:
At the mention of Celestial Dragons I lost a lot of whatever composure I actually had.. I growled, my bloodlust leaking out of me as the fingers holding the Devil Fruit started to coat themselves in a black coating of armament haki. By some luck I did not squeeze down on the fruit, but it was like my fingers had become claws.. My every being a weapon ready to tear someone to shreds.

Then she knows!!!! She knows the ugly side of this world!.. And still!!..

I was livid as Hakucha continued:
My left hand covered my face while I groaned loudly

Ridiculous.. No matter how peaceful she choose to be.. Death and destruction will follow her regardless.. Those damn dogs biting on our heels the entire way..
My left hand started to knock hard and loudly against my forehead... If I had a giant rock nearby I'd slam my own head into it over and over again until it crumbled. Regardless, Hakucha continued:
At this, her gaze shifts towards Kyria.

“To evil men, I won’t show any mercy or sympathy. But answer this for me: Are you someone who would hurt or kill helpless people, for no reason at all?”
I stopped knocking my own forehead.
How utterly pointless a question.

I wasn't impressed, I wasn't shaken.. Her words meant nothing to me. Malcolm however started to answer her so I shifted my gaze to him:
"Thou certainly holds a most interesting reason for desiring to be the Pirate King. I know of no other that seeks to be both a hero and the Pirate King. I must question however whether it is truly achievable to hold such a idealistic reasoning while simultaneously becoming the greatest criminal in the world and perceived archenemy of justice."

"What will thou do with those who you do not consider evil but will refuse to bow to you regardless? What will you do if the only way to minimise death and destruction is to leave a tyrant be?"

"Though thou might be small o' Captain, thou treads on the path of titans. If thou are constantly frightened of crushing ants beneath thine own feet then can thou ever truly move forward?"
I laughed, a wild almost animalistic howl.. There was no joy in it however, just frustration as I started to adress them both:

"Captain.. Your lofty ideals is a pipedream.. They will chain you down and drown you". "You show time and time again that your actual nature is incapable of disregarding the death and destruction that your dream will bring". "I don't care if you are an absulute saint, the World Government will hunt us like animals every step of the way.. Your kindness will never change that".

I sighed deeply, with an effort of will the black coating around my fingers holding the fruit receeded as I said:

"Who decides what is evil? How will you justify your actions to yourself"? "To the Marines and civillians, we're evil, we're going to shake the balance of power.. People will die.. I don't mind, if they think I am evil, then let me be evil.. I will simply cut them all down".

"You're wondering if I will kill helpless and innocent people"?

My smile wasn't even human as I answered:

"I will kill anyone that I deem an enemy, it does not matter to me if they are men, women or children". "If I was standing outside a stronghold housing Celestial Dragons, and the only way for me to kill them all without being stopped or them running away was to bury the stronghold, civillians and innocents alike... Then I'd do that".

"Unlike Malcolm, I do not find your idea of Pirate King interesting or worthy of admiration..." "He knows the reality better, he should not even remotedly spout such nonsense".

Fleet Admiral Lee Hung

Narration
Thoughts
"Dialogue"
Hakucha
Skoll

As the crew finally closed in on the island cluster, the Seafloor had become so shallow that Skoll no longer needed to swim, and instead could plant his feet on the floor below the waves and begin walking. As he slowly walked up the inclined hill towards the island cluster, he reached a point where the sea water was up to his mid-shins. With each movement of his giant legs, huge waves formed and crashed into the island clusters before him. After losing his sight, his other senses had enhanced, and by hearing the points at which each wave created by his legs crashed into the islands in front of him and at what angle, he could recall the exact path that he had taken after hiding the ship. As he begun to make his way through the island maze, he considered how he himself would have responded to Hakucha's words. He had known her the longest out of anyone she had ever met in her short life, and he knew the ultimate place where her idealism was coming from.

Little dwarf...the World is still so much bigger than you, and you are not ready to seize your ambitions. But I have sworn myself to you, as your sword and shield, and I will carry you forward until you are capable of doing so yourself.. You don't truly want to be a hero. How many times have I witnessed you steal from innocents? How many times have I seen you cause carnage on peaceful islands if it meant that you could seize the treasure that you had set your sights on? No...the truth of the matter is that you see yourself in them...you want to become the Pirate King, but you still doubt that you can attain that ambition. You see yourself as some helpless innocent, being swept along ferociously by an unquenchable ambition that you are unable to attain, and you fear that you will be crushed by forces beyond your control. You are looking for any excuse to lessen the severity of your goals, because you are still deeply scared, on the inside...

Skoll feels the heat from the Sun shining down onto his skin and looks up into the sky. He could feel the Sun's heat bearing down on his whitened eyes.

It's as I told you, years ago...

As Skoll was lost in his own thoughts, he did not hear the responses of both Malcolm and Kyria to Hakucha's words:

"Captain.. Your lofty ideals is a pipedream.. They will chain you down and drown you". "You show time and time again that your actual nature is incapable of disregarding the death and destruction that your dream will bring". "I don't care if you are an absulute saint, the World Government will hunt us like animals every step of the way.. Your kindness will never change that".

I sighed deeply, with an effort of will the black coating around my fingers holding the fruit receeded as I said:

"Who decides what is evil? How will you justify your actions to yourself"? "To the Marines and civillians, we're evil, we're going to shake the balance of power.. People will die.. I don't mind, if they think I am evil, then let me be evil.. I will simply cut them all down".

"I will kill anyone that I deem an enemy, it does not matter to me if they are men, women or children". "If I was standing outside a stronghold housing Celestial Dragons, and the only way for me to kill them all without being stopped or them running away was to bury the stronghold, civillians and innocents alike... Then I'd do that".

"Unlike Malcolm, I do not find your idea of Pirate King interesting or worthy of admiration..." "He knows the reality better, he should not even remotedly spout such nonsense".
Hakucha had listened to both men intently. After each of them had finished speaking, she merely looked downwards with a look of concentration on her face, and would remain silent for a few moments. Malcolm's words were filled with a rationality that she could not deny.

Would I turn my back on an island oppressed by evil to spare those in danger? But...does that mean I would be condemning helpless people to death either way?? Is that what it means to be the King of the Pirates???

Kyria on the other hand, his words were filled with such an indifference for life and a hatred for his enemies, that Hakucha's heart sank as he spoke. As she had listened to his words, her own thoughts became clouded by the booming of cannonfire, the clashing of swords, and the shrieking of the helpless. Fragments of memories that she had done her best to repress, resurfacing as she listened to how far he was willing to go.

No...I swore to myself I would never become a Pirate like the ones who pillaged my homeland...but that I would become a great hero, just like...

For a moment, the silhouette of the same Pirate she recalled at Loguetown flashed through her mind.

But, look at what we did to Loguetown...We weren't even trying to fight, and so many died as a result of my decisions...Is this the path I've destined myself to walk on???

Hakucha suddenly breaks the silence. "I...I guess you are both right in your own ways, but I-"

"Hakucha."

The Giant's voice suddenly booms as he continues his stroll. Skoll speaking her name caught her attention.

"Do you recall what I told you about the Giants of Jotunheim, and our Great Pilgrimage?"

Hakucha's eyes widen at this as she recalls she and Skoll's story, and the true meaning behind his words.

"There is no more room for self-doubt, no longer room to harbor fear. You have sworn to attain this ambition for yourself, and now is the time to seize it."

As she considers the weight behind Skoll's words, Hakucha looks downwards. She closes her eyes in frustration and bites her lower lip.

"Now, enough of these lofty platitudes. Malcolm, Kyria, I would have words with both of you..starting with you, Malcolm."

From the waves being sent forward from each of his steps, Skoll could tell that the clearing where the Swan Pirates' ship lay hiding was fast approaching. With a smile on his face, Skoll addresses the older man atop his headdress.

"You are a wise man, and the weight behind your words is heavy. You have the mind of a philosopher, and the Sword Arm of a warrior. So tell me, from where does a man like you hail from?"

Last edited:

While the years had taught Malcolm the importance of having a good poker face, he could not help but allow a fraction of his sour mood to seep into his facial features, his eyes narrowing and the edges of his mouth turning downwards ever so slightly at Kyria's morbid beliefs.

So in order to kill the monsters that wronged thee, thou hath become as monstrous as the ones thou seeks to slay? Is it truly worth the stains on thine own soul, o' tainted Kyria?
At this, Malcolm snorted at Kyria's absolutist mindset but decided to stay quiet in order to allow Hakucha time to think in order to respond.

Cheeky brat. I should find some choice words for thee if this subject comes up again, o' most self assured one.

With that thought finished, Malcolm waited on Hakucha, the dwarf appearing to be deep in thought.
Hakucha suddenly breaks the silence. "I...I guess you are both right in your own ways"
The fact that thou art willing to acknowledge other points of view is certainly a start.
"but I-"

"Hakucha."

The Giant's voice suddenly booms as he continues his stroll. Skoll speaking her name caught her attention.
Oh hoh? The Giant doth talk at last. He has been rather quiet since this discussion started.
"Do you recall what I told you about the Giants of Jotunheim, and our Great Pilgrimage?"

Hakucha's eyes widen at this as she recalls she and Skoll's story, and the true meaning behind his words.

"There is no more room for self-doubt, no longer room to harbor fear. You have sworn to attain this ambition for yourself, and now is the time to seize it."

As she considers the weight behind Skoll's words, Hakucha looks downwards. She closes her eyes in frustration and bites her lower lip.
Ah but of course. Mineself and Kyria have but known the Captain for but a few brief fleeting hours. Skoll hath known her for far longer.
"Now, enough of these lofty platitudes. Malcolm, Kyria, I would have words with both of you..starting with you, Malcolm."

From the waves being sent forward from each of his steps, Skoll could tell that the clearing where the Swan Pirates' ship lay hiding was fast approaching. With a smile on his face, Skoll addresses the older man atop his headdress.

"You are a wise man, and the weight behind your words is heavy. You have the mind of a philosopher, and the Sword Arm of a warrior. So tell me, from where does a man like you hail from?"
Malcolm nodded his head at the Giant before chuckling light-heartedly, a small smile gracing his aged, cracked lips.

"Since we are to be travelling together, it would be a fine idea indeed that we knew more about each other. Though I must say that if thou are expecting an origin story of tragedy, woe, betrayel or vengeance then mine tale will be most disappointing for thee, for Lady Fortune has smiled upon mineself for the longest time."

Malcolm hummed nonchalantly, stroking his great beard as he determined how best to summarise his life.

"I hail from West Blue, from an island that was rich in both culture and trade. I was born the third son of the lowest rank of nobility on the island, a Baron. I was given a classical education as is expected for any noble."

"I spent my years in comfort and luxury, yet I was always an adventurous sort of youth. Exploring the city, badgering the traveling merchants for takes of foreign lands, climbing the tallest trees, picking a few brawls. Good times, good times indeed."

"Anyway, while I was taught the typical education of a noble, mine family also taught mineself and mine brothers rather atypical subjects. When it came to martial arts, rather than the art of Fencing, we were taught Ittoryu and Nitoryu. We were also tutored in the use of Ryou or as it is more commonly known as, Haki."

"This was all rather unusual for a West Blue noble family and that is because of a figure in mine family's history, mine great grandfather Sasaki. For thee see, Sasaki was a wandering swordsman that hailed from the land of Wano. He left that land and travelled far and wide across the globe. Eventually he met mine great grandmother, a lady of the House of Heseltine. Normally, the Head of a House would never allow a marriage between a noble from within the House and a non-noble. However the Head of House Heseltine at the time was a shrewd man who saw in Sasaki a truly priceless set of skills. So he allowed the union on account that Sasaki shared his wealth of knowledge. Sasaki agreed. These skills allowed the House of Heseltine to claw their way up in terms of importance despite bearing only the title of Baron."

"A family heirloom from that era was Sasaki's journal. It detailed his travels across the world, from Wano to Weatheria to West Blue. It entertained and inspired mine youthful self to yearn for adventure beyond the comforts of mine home island. I copied that tome word for word and I still carry that copy with mineself to this day."

Malcolm paused his story, allowing his words so far to sink in for his audience.

"Eventually, once I came of age, I met with my father and told him I was leaving for good. He said fair enough. While Sasaki passed away before mine birth, my father knew him well and he recognised his wandering spirit flowing through the blood in mine veins. Besides, I was a third son, so my elder brothers were more important for the whole inheritance deal anyways. So mine father respected mine decision, formally removed mine noble rank and familial ties and bade mineself good fortune."

Malcolm then spread his arms out to his sides in a jesting grandiose manner.

"I then joined the crew of a merchant ship and never looked back. Decades of adventure later and here I now sit before thee."

"Npc talking"
Thinking
"Speaking"
Narration/actions

I was silently staring at Hakucha after sharing my own twisted views on how to achieve my goals.
Eventually she seemed to want to say something:
"I...I guess you are both right in your own ways, but I-"
I'm pleased with myself and Malcolm.. Even if we did not see eye to eye on the finer details.. Even I can notice his disappointment with how far I am willing to go.. No matter, it is no skin off my back as long as he doesn't try to stop me.
However my thoughts and Hakucha's speech were intreruppted by Skoll who finally broke his long silence:
"Hakucha."

How long have they known each other..? I wonder.. I stopped contemplating such things as I turned my full attention to what Skoll wanted to say:
I nodded to myself. Yes, he's worthy of more respect from me than the captain.. I do not care if he likes carnage or not, but when the chips were down he chose to bulldoze his way through houses and civillans alike for us to get away.. He won't hesitate if its truly needed.
I see.. Well I don't mind.
For the first time since waking up, I took the time to feel the wind in my hair, the sun on my face. I also took the time to smell myself...
I know I'm not exactly a neat freak.. But for the benefit of all.. I really ought to wash myself and these clothes as soon as possible.. I'll get sick or make someone else sick by my mere presence..
Skoll's flowery words for Malcolm made my smirk even wider. My my.. He's a polite one as well when he feels like it..
However, I was also curious about Malcolm's past, so I did not comment and simply waited.

Malcolm nodded his head at the Giant before chuckling light-heartedly, a small smile gracing his aged, cracked lips.

"Since we are to be travelling together, it would be a fine idea indeed that we knew more about each other. Though I must say that if thou are expecting an origin story of tragedy, woe, betrayel or vengeance then mine tale will be most disappointing for thee, for Lady Fortune has smiled upon mineself for the longest time."

Malcolm hummed nonchalantly, stroking his great beard as he determined how best to summarise his life.

"I hail from West Blue, from an island that was rich in both culture and trade. I was born the third son of the lowest rank of nobility on the island, a Baron. I was given a classical education as is expected for any noble."
My smirk changed itself to a more careful smile. It's not like everyone deserves a shitty and tragic past.. our differences aside I do not begruge you your past at all.
As Malcolm talked, I attempted to let the tension in my body drain away.. There was no need to fight what is supposed to be my own crewmates.

Had he been a Celestial Dragon though.. Then I'd kill him even if it cost me my life. Minor noble however.. Thats not problem.
"I spent my years in comfort and luxury, yet I was always an adventurous sort of youth. Exploring the city, badgering the traveling merchants for takes of foreign lands, climbing the tallest trees, picking a few brawls. Good times, good times indeed."
Heh..
"Anyway, while I was taught the typical education of a noble, mine family also taught mineself and mine brothers rather atypical subjects. When it came to martial arts, rather than the art of Fencing, we were taught Ittoryu and Nitoryu. We were also tutored in the use of Ryou or as it is more commonly known as, Haki."
Hm.. So that is how he knows Haki.. Makes sense I suppose.
Thinking about Haki the memory of that legendary Revolutionary tugged at the back of my memories.
I never did find out why he was visiting an outpost Revo base... Thankfully he cared to try and teach us the theory behind Haki even if none of us had the strength to use it. I suppose I better keep that tidbit of information on him to myself for a little while longer.
"This was all rather unusual for a West Blue noble family and that is because of a figure in mine family's history, mine great grandfather Sasaki. For thee see, Sasaki was a wandering swordsman that hailed from the land of Wano. He left that land and travelled far and wide across the globe. Eventually he met mine great grandmother, a lady of the House of Heseltine. Normally, the Head of a House would never allow a marriage between a noble from within the House and a non-noble. However the Head of House Heseltine at the time was a shrewd man who saw in Sasaki a truly priceless set of skills. So he allowed the union on account that Sasaki shared his wealth of knowledge. Sasaki agreed. These skills allowed the House of Heseltine to claw their way up in terms of importance despite bearing only the title of Baron."

"A family heirloom from that era was Sasaki's journal. It detailed his travels across the world, from Wano to Weatheria to West Blue. It entertained and inspired mine youthful self to yearn for adventure beyond the comforts of mine home island. I copied that tome word for word and I still carry that copy with mineself to this day."

Malcolm paused his story, allowing his words so far to sink in for his audience.
Wano? That sounds familiar.. Is that not where the Emperor Kaido currently resides..? But there's something else about Wano.. Some older memory I just cannot seem to grasp.
I gave up on it for now, the information was locked away somewhere I did not currently have access to.
"Eventually, once I came of age, I met with my father and told him I was leaving for good. He said fair enough. While Sasaki passed away before mine birth, my father knew him well and he recognised his wandering spirit flowing through the blood in mine veins. Besides, I was a third son, so my elder brothers were more important for the whole inheritance deal anyways. So mine father respected mine decision, formally removed mine noble rank and familial ties and bade mineself good fortune."

"I then joined the crew of a merchant ship and never looked back. Decades of adventure later and here I now sit before thee."
.. I tipped my hat to Malcolm as he finished his story.
Well, I doubt he'd be such a powerhouse if he'd stayed at home.. But what do I know..? Maybe he would.

Fleet Admiral Lee Hung

Narrative
Thoughts
"Dialogue"
Hakucha
Skoll

Malcolm was responding in the exact way that Skoll had hoped he would. As he detailed the story of his life, Skoll continued marching through the water, approaching the area of the island maze where their ship lie in wait. Skoll listened intently as Malcolm spoke, and Hakucha's mood lightened at the escapades of Malcolm:

Hakucha's mood had lightened up quite a bit as Malcolm paused in his story. Her lips had curled into a small smile without her even realizing it.

I think he and I pretty much have nothing in common. He's lived such a privileged life, I don't even understand half of the things he is referring to.

Then, Malcolm continued:

This caught Hakucha off guard and her eyes widened, and she broke the silence.

"You were born into a life of luxury, and you gave all that up?"

If I were born into a Noble house, with a family, and servants...would I still have wound up where I am now?

Skoll finally rounded the corner leading to the area where the Swan Pirates ship lie in wait, and it became completely visible:

A massive warship came into view, easily 100 meters from bow to stern. It's sails were tattered and worn, it's wooden hull was cracked and battle-damaged, and atop the ship was a Black Flag that bore a white swan.

"Ahh, there's our ship!"

Hakucha looked upon the ship for a moment, and after realizing the ship may make her meager crew look far more grandiose than they actually were, spoke again:

"It's...not what it looks like. We actually stole that ship a few days ago. There was this King that hired Skoll and I to protect his castle from an invading army, but the war ended before we ever got a chance to fight. The King paid us for our time, but we were disappointed that we didn't get to see any real action so...we stole his Kingdom's flagship and ran for it! I'm surprised he never sent any bounty hunters after us, to be honest...We named her the King Jesterie's Revenge, after the King we stole her from."

Hakucha notices that the ship's hull had been severely damaged, and without skipping a beat, hops aboard the Parrot Zodd's neck and kicks off. Zodd takes off, flying towards the Captain's quarters of the ship.

I'd better start repairs on that, before we leave.

Skoll addresses Kyria and Malcolm:

"Taiyaaa, my itch for battle still hasn't been scratched since then..."

Skoll approached the ship, one step at a time. As he did so, he addressed Malcolm in particular.

"Malcolm, you've lived quite a life indeed. I do not understand much of the things you speak of, but your answer to me reveals your character. A man who would turn his back on luxury in order to experience the world, is a man worthy of respect, and you have earned mine. Now, before I tell you more..."

As Skoll reaches the ship, he reaches atop his Sharkskin headdress, and using his Observation Haki to pinpoint his crew's location, grabs the back of Kyria's robes with his left index finger and thumb and lifts him off of his head. He places Kyria down on a lush rock a dozen meters or so away from their ship. With his right arm he grabs the back of Malcolm's robes and places Malcolm aboard the ship. Skoll reaches towards the far, unseen side of the ship and begins to untie some large ropes that hung over the hull. As he does so, he addresses Kyria.

"And now you, Kyria. I have seldom come across bloodlust such as yours. I can sense your fatigue, and yet you press and fight on anyway, not willing to compromise yourself or your ideals. Tell me, what is it that cultivated such an iron will?"

@Beerbottle

Last edited:
This caught Hakucha off guard and her eyes widened, and she broke the silence.

If I were born into a Noble house, with a family, and servants...would I still have wound up where I am now?

Skoll finally rounded the corner leading to the area where the Swan Pirates ship lie in wait, and it became completely visible:

A massive warship came into view, easily 100 meters from bow to stern. It's sails were tattered and worn, it's wooden hull was cracked and battle-damaged, and atop the ship was a Black Flag that bore a white swan.

"Ahh, there's our ship!"

Hakucha looked upon the ship for a moment, and after realizing the ship may make her meager crew look far more grandiose than they actually were, spoke again:

"It's...not what it looks like. We actually stole that ship a few days ago. There was this King that hired Skoll and I to protect his castle from an invading army, but the war ended before we ever got a chance to fight. The King paid us for our time, but we were disappointed that we didn't get to see any real action so...we stole his Kingdom's flagship and ran for it! I'm surprised he never sent any bounty hunters after us, to be honest...We named her the King Jesterie's Revenge, after the King we stole her from."
Though Malcolm was initially planning on responding to Hakucha's question regarding his old lifestyle, the ship quickly stole the attention of all present. Malcolm initially raised a questioning eyebrow at the dwarf's declaration of this ship belonging to a formerly two man crew before her explanation regarding their acquisition of the wooden leviathan.

Hmm, that is a fine story behind that ship but a fancy wreck is still a wreck.
Skoll addresses Kyria and Malcolm:

Skoll approached the ship, one step at a time. As he did so, he addressed Malcolm in particular.

"Malcolm, you've lived quite a life indeed. I do not understand much of the things you speak of, but your answer to me reveals your character. A man who would turn his back on luxury in order to experience the world, is a man worthy of respect, and you have earned mine. Now, before I tell you more..."

As Skoll reaches the ship, he reaches atop his Sharkskin headdress, and using his Observation Haki to pinpoint his crew's location, grabs the back of Kyria's robes with his left index finger and thumb and lifts him off of his head. He places Kyria down on a lush rock a dozen meters or so away from their ship. With his right arm he grabs the back of Malcolm's robes and places Malcolm aboard the ship. Skoll reaches towards the far, unseen side of the ship and begins to untie some large ropes that hung over the hull. As he does so, he addresses Kyria.

"And now you, Kyria. I have seldom come across bloodlust such as yours. I can sense your fatigue, and yet you press and fight on anyway, not willing to compromise yourself or your ideals. Tell me, what is it that cultivated such an iron will?"

@Beerbottle
After experiencing the sensation of being plucked off of Skoll's shoulder like an insect, Malcolm went over to the side of the ship closest to Kyria in order to hear Kyria's tale from the arguably insane man himself.

Well this should be interesting.

"Npc talking"
Thinking
"Speaking"
Narration/actions

Hm... I don't care.. He's here, he's powerful.. And dammit I want the help.. As long as he doesn't get in my damn way..
My thoughts were interupted by the sight of a massive ship, it was in disrepair.. How the hell are we supposed to fix that?.
"Ahh, there's our ship!"
I went back to smirking again.. Well, the little one sure is excited. I put the Devil Fruit back into the folds of my clothes. That done I focused my eyes on the captain.
................... You've got to be shitting me...? Damn.. Small world.. Gotta discuss this later.
This is one of the few times I was completely speechless.. I did not know what to say in that moment.. I could not believe we'd all been involved in that idiotic war. I don't know what's more pointless.. The war itself or the fact that they got no real end to it.. Give or take a few years and they'll be back at each others throats.. Those contries are doomed.

As I was contemplating, Hakucha threw herself atop a parrot and flew towards the ship. I didn't have anything to say to that.. At this point, I just did not care.. There was a weird tension in my body.. Something was going to happen, some checkpoint to cross before we would leave this place.
I focused my attention on the giant walking towards the ship:
This is true, I do not know anything about a life of luxury.. However.. Life as a child was not bad.. Not bad at all.. The rest of it though.. Damn the Celestial Dragons..

My bloodlust started to leak out again, I could practically feel a demon screaming inside me. Still fuming, I felt Skoll pinch my clothes between his fingers as I let myself be lifted into the air. I thought I was going to be put on the ship, but the giant had other plans. I was unceremoniously placed upon a rock as Skoll adressed me.
.. I guess its time.. I wonder what they'll think about it all.. But if this gets them off my back and let me damn myself to hell on my own terms.. Then I suppose it can't be helped.

I cleared my throat..

"This.. This is a long story Skoll, one I haven't openly talked about with anyone that didn't know about it before hand.. I have never willingly shared this information.. But here goes..".

"I was born on an unnamed island in East Blue.. Or maybe it had a name.. To me.. It was just home.. Afterwards, I simply didn't bother to learn about it.. There's no point anymore". I looked at him as I continued: "I better start from the beginning.. It might be needlessly long, but if you want to even remotedly understand me... And it helps me not mess up any details"..

As I talked about my childhood.. About my mother and father. About playing with the other children.. Sometimes pretending to be a Marine.. Bitterness and sadness filled my entire being. But underneath all that.. There was a longing.. A pain of loss.. Innocence never to be recovered again.

Then.. As I talked about my father standing trial.. About overhearing the judge outright admit to using my father as a stepping stone to try and get away from our island. My voice grew hard.. Cold. Spots of dark Armament haki started to appear at different parts of my body.

Then... When I talked about meeting the Celetial Dragon. Talked about my father being dead.. I didn't know it myself, but my eyes themselves started to glow crimson.. What caused this, I did not know, perhaps flecks of haki had started to appear even i my eyes.. Perhaps that was part of it. I didn't know, and even if.. I wouldn't care.. The pain and anger rolled off me in waves far stronger than any ocean I had ever seen.

Getting through the part about my father was the hardest part.. What happened after that.. Being saved my a Revolutionary and whisked away.. That I managed to do with a cold detachment.

I skipped over most details about my life at the revo base. Skoll and the others were not privy to that knowledge. I wasn't even sure it was mine to give away.

I instead talked about when I decided to leave:

"I did not fit in there.. I don't do what I do to save the world.. And.. Truth be told, they don't really want to go such an extreme road as myself.. No.. I needed to remove myself from their light.. I couldn't bear to look at it".

In a flash of clarity I understood something. Is that part of the reason why the captains ideals pains my sensibilities so.. Maybe.. At least part of it.. However.. I'm not wrong.

I cleared my throat as I continued:

"I went back.. you know... Had to take a look.. Even with all the people gone into hiding.. The Celestial Dragon still had the island bombed to hell.. The land itself had started to break into pieces".

I came to the painful ending to my tale:

"I do not know where my own mother is, and she doesn't know where I am.. Its better this way..". "The Celestial Dragon is still out there, and from snippets of conversation I managed to pick up while still at the Revolutionary base.. Many families have been wiped out.. Even with the Revos hiding them, they were still found and killed".

"That's why I fight.. I'll burn them all.. Kill them all.. I don't care that I won't live until old age.. I'll die a miserable death one way or another.. But.. I simply do not care".

"What happened after I left the Revolutionary base.. I was in the exact same war as you and the captain.. I'd like to talk about it some other time.. I don't have the energy right now".

My tale finished, I simply stood staring at the sky as my hands held so tightly to the handles of my swords that my knuckles turned white and eventually the skin broke and blood oozed out over them.

Fleet Admiral Lee Hung

Narrative
Thoughts
“Dialogue”
Skoll

"That's why I fight.. I'll burn them all.. Kill them all.. I don't care that I won't live until old age.. I'll die a miserable death one way or another.. But.. I simply do not care".
Skoll had listened to Kyria’s story intently. A lot of the things Kyria had spoken of were more familiar to Skoll than what Malcolm had spoken of, but as Kyria continued to lay out his story, Skoll was coming to a sudden realization:

Kyria. You and I are very different. I had thought before that you were much like myself in my youth, but I can see now that this could not be further from the truth. No..you remind me of someone else entirely, someone who I could not save before...

As Kyria finished speaking, Skoll had finally managed to undo the ropes that hung from the opposite side of the ship. After he does so, he pulls up a giant two-handed hammer that had lie hanging from the rails, tied to the ship haphazardly by Skoll himself. One side of the Hammer was a hammer’s head with three different focal points, designed for bludgeoning and smashing through foes with brute force. The other side was a jagged blade that could cleave through Sea Kings with ease. On the end of the handle was a weighted ball that made swinging the hammer fiercely easier, but could also be jabbed into foes if needed.

Skoll raises the hammer into the sky, and his white eyes fixate on its head with a fierce admiration.

“This Hammer is called Tartarus. It was forged eleven decades ago, by the unrivaled blacksmith Weyland, using metals from the iron moors of Jotunheim. It is a unique weapon with a spirit of its own, and as of now, I am only able to use a fraction of its power.”

Skoll’s fixated gaze on Tartarus then turned melancholy.

“Wise Malcolm and Fierce Kyria, before you stands a walking corpse. I was once called Skoll, by mighty warriors who have passed on without me, into the next world. I seek a realm called Valhalla, where warriors who have proven their meddle in this life pass on to the next, to live forever in eternal glory..”

Skoll pauses for a moment, before removing his gaze from the hammer and looking straight ahead.

“All of my fellow Jotun have been killed. I have outlived them all, not because of my strength, but rather because the Allfathers have looked upon me and judged me unworthy...unworthy to enter Valhalla, and unworthy to live forever in glory with the warriors with whom I charged into battle beside for over 12 decades.”

After a moment, Skoll’s melancholy expression shifts into a toothy grin.

“But I do not ask for pity, and I do not ask for sympathy. I tell you both this, so that you can understand the man who stands before you. I am not an educated man as you are, Malcolm, and I am not someone with whom the world has so terribly wronged as you, Kyria. I am a failed warrior who only knows battle and violence, from a forgotten era, lingering on well past my time, searching for a chance to prove my worth so that I may be called home, to rejoin those who await me.”

Skoll’s grin softens and he looks back up at the head of his hammer.

“Until that time should come, I have sworn myself into the service of little Hakucha. She is young and naive, weak and scared, and she does not fully grasp the dreams that have taken hold of her..but there is a fire lying dormant deep in her soul. I am her sworn sword, and by what little honor I have left, I shall walk with her towards the impossible ambition that pulls her forward.”

Skoll’s grip on Tartarus tightens as his white eyes fixate upon Kyria.

“Now, fierce Kyria...I have felt the pain in your words, and I have felt the rage that drives you forward...but most importantly, I have felt your malice towards my Captain. I would seek to change your perception, the only way I know how, in a language that I’m sure you know well.”

Skoll looks up at Tartarus once more.

“And so, I hope you will indulge a foolish old Jotun...”

In the blink of an eye, Skoll’s soft grin turns into a brow clenched with sheer rage and adrenaline. The Head of Tartarus is suddenly enveloped by a flaming black aura, and Skoll’s grip on its shaft tightens as every muscle in his body clenches. Skoll’s teeth grit down as he lets out a primal roar of rage that shakes the surrounding trees, as he grabs Tartarus with both hands and swings the hammer down upon Kyria ferociously. The sound of the hammer blasting through the air booms loudly as Tartarus flies towards Kyria with a speed defying Skoll’s gargantuan size.

@Beerbottle @Owl Ki

Death Bludgeon
Channeling all of his focus, Skoll raises his hammer above his head, and strikes downwards in a single violent motion to smash his target head on.
(61 Strength, 61 Mastery)
DPR:
B with Slumbering Tartarus
A with Awakened Tartarus
S with Fused Tartarus

Skoll’s strength: 75, + 2 DPR for attack = 115, +2 DPR for Flame Hardening = 155 Total Attack Strength
Level 50
50x5= 250
Racial Bonuses:
+8 Strength
+7 Vitality
-2 Agility
-2 Intellect
Strength: 35+40=75
Agility: 71-10=61
61x2=122
-Reaction: 75
-Movement: 47
Vitality: 40+35=75
75x2=150
-Resilience: 75
-Endurance: 75
Intellect: 11-10=1
Fighting Style: 32
32x2=64
-Path of the Jotun: 64
Haki: 61
61x2=122
Armament: 61
Observation: 61

Last edited:
"Npc talking"
Thinking
"Speaking"
Narration/actions

Hm... I don't care.. He's here, he's powerful.. And dammit I want the help.. As long as he doesn't get in my damn way..
My thoughts were interupted by the sight of a massive ship, it was in disrepair.. How the hell are we supposed to fix that?.

I went back to smirking again.. Well, the little one sure is excited. I put the Devil Fruit back into the folds of my clothes. That done I focused my eyes on the captain.

................... You've got to be shitting me...? Damn.. Small world.. Gotta discuss this later.
This is one of the few times I was completely speechless.. I did not know what to say in that moment.. I could not believe we'd all been involved in that idiotic war. I don't know what's more pointless.. The war itself or the fact that they got no real end to it.. Give or take a few years and they'll be back at each others throats.. Those contries are doomed.

As I was contemplating, Hakucha threw herself atop a parrot and flew towards the ship. I didn't have anything to say to that.. At this point, I just did not care.. There was a weird tension in my body.. Something was going to happen, some checkpoint to cross before we would leave this place.

I focused my attention on the giant walking towards the ship:

This is true, I do not know anything about a life of luxury.. However.. Life as a child was not bad.. Not bad at all.. The rest of it though.. Damn the Celestial Dragons..

My bloodlust started to leak out again, I could practically feel a demon screaming inside me. Still fuming, I felt Skoll pinch my clothes between his fingers as I let myself be lifted into the air. I thought I was going to be put on the ship, but the giant had other plans. I was unceremoniously placed upon a rock as Skoll adressed me.

.. I guess its time.. I wonder what they'll think about it all.. But if this gets them off my back and let me damn myself to hell on my own terms.. Then I suppose it can't be helped.

I cleared my throat..

"This.. This is a long story Skoll, one I haven't openly talked about with anyone that didn't know about it before hand.. I have never willingly shared this information.. But here goes..".

"I was born on an unnamed island in East Blue.. Or maybe it had a name.. To me.. It was just home.. Afterwards, I simply didn't bother to learn about it.. There's no point anymore". I looked at him as I continued: "I better start from the beginning.. It might be needlessly long, but if you want to even remotedly understand me... And it helps me not mess up any details"..

As I talked about my childhood.. About my mother and father. About playing with the other children.. Sometimes pretending to be a Marine.. Bitterness and sadness filled my entire being. But underneath all that.. There was a longing.. A pain of loss.. Innocence never to be recovered again.

Then.. As I talked about my father standing trial.. About overhearing the judge outright admit to using my father as a stepping stone to try and get away from our island. My voice grew hard.. Cold. Spots of dark Armament haki started to appear at different parts of my body.

Then... When I talked about meeting the Celetial Dragon. Talked about my father being dead.. I didn't know it myself, but my eyes themselves started to glow crimson.. What caused this, I did not know, perhaps flecks of haki had started to appear even i my eyes.. Perhaps that was part of it. I didn't know, and even if.. I wouldn't care.. The pain and anger rolled off me in waves far stronger than any ocean I had ever seen.

Getting through the part about my father was the hardest part.. What happened after that.. Being saved my a Revolutionary and whisked away.. That I managed to do with a cold detachment.

I skipped over most details about my life at the revo base. Skoll and the others were not privy to that knowledge. I wasn't even sure it was mine to give away.

I instead talked about when I decided to leave:

"I did not fit in there.. I don't do what I do to save the world.. And.. Truth be told, they don't really want to go such an extreme road as myself.. No.. I needed to remove myself from their light.. I couldn't bear to look at it".

In a flash of clarity I understood something. Is that part of the reason why the captains ideals pains my sensibilities so.. Maybe.. At least part of it.. However.. I'm not wrong.

I cleared my throat as I continued:

"I went back.. you know... Had to take a look.. Even with all the people gone into hiding.. The Celestial Dragon still had the island bombed to hell.. The land itself had started to break into pieces".

I came to the painful ending to my tale:

"I do not know where my own mother is, and she doesn't know where I am.. Its better this way..". "The Celestial Dragon is still out there, and from snippets of conversation I managed to pick up while still at the Revolutionary base.. Many families have been wiped out.. Even with the Revos hiding them, they were still found and killed".

"What happened after I left the Revolutionary base.. I was in the exact same war as you and the captain.. I'd like to talk about it some other time.. I don't have the energy right now".

My tale finished, I simply stood staring at the sky as my hands held so tightly to the handles of my swords that my knuckles turned white and eventually the skin broke and blood oozed out over them.
Malcolm remained silent as he listened to Kyria's tragic tale, his face expressionless as he watched the savage man's wrath reach a murderous crescendo that oozed murderous malevolence.

So, this is the path thou hath sworn to follow? A path of slaughter and destruction? Is that truly all that thy lives for?

Malcolm paused for a moment, collecting his thoughts before continuing.

Perhaps I am too harsh though. It could be said that it is easy for one such as mineself to criticize Kyria when I have lost nothing and no one. Would I still be able to criticize Kyria so freely if all that I loved was stolen from me?

Hmmm..... then again, perhaps it is exactly because I am not blinded by an unyielding thirst for vengeance that I can see the irony of Kyria becoming as monstrous as those he seeks to slaughter....

Or perhaps Kyria possesses the self awareness to see this irony and cares not anyway. Is that what it means to truly hate something? To watch thineself turn into a twisted being more reminiscent of a beast than a man and care not anyway?

What a fine mess of an individual thou are, o' vengeful Kyria.
As Kyria finished speaking, Skoll had finally managed to undo the ropes that hung from the opposite side of the ship. After he does so, he pulls up a giant two-handed hammer that had lie hanging from the rails, tied to the ship haphazardly by Skoll himself. One side of the Hammer was a hammer’s head with three different focal points, designed for bludgeoning and smashing through foes with brute force. The other side was a jagged blade that could cleave through Sea Kings with ease. On the end of the handle was a weighted ball that made swinging the hammer fiercely easier, but could also be jabbed into foes if needed.

Skoll raises the hammer into the sky, and his white eyes fixate on its head with a fierce admiration.

“This Hammer is called Tartarus. It was forged eleven decades ago, by the unrivaled blacksmith Weyland, using metals from the iron moors of Jotunheim. It is a unique weapon with a spirit of its own, and as of now, I am only able to use a fraction of its power.”

Skoll’s fixated gaze on Tartarus then turned melancholy.

“Wise Malcolm and Fierce Kyria, before you stands a walking corpse. I was once called Skoll, by mighty warriors who have passed on without me, into the next world. I seek a realm called Valhalla, where warriors who have proven their meddle in this life pass on to the next, to live forever in eternal glory..”

Skoll pauses for a moment, before removing his gaze from the hammer and looking straight ahead.

“All of my fellow Jotun have been killed. I have outlived them all, not because of my strength, but rather because the Allfathers have looked upon me and judged me unworthy...unworthy to enter Valhalla, and unworthy to live forever in glory with the warriors with whom I charged into battle beside for over 12 decades.”

After a moment, Skoll’s melancholy expression shifts into a toothy grin.

“But I do not ask for pity, and I do not ask for sympathy. I tell you both this, so that you can understand the man who stands before you. I am not an educated man as you are, Malcolm, and I am not someone with whom the world has so terribly wronged as you, Kyria. I am a failed warrior who only knows battle and violence, from a forgotten era, lingering on well past my time, searching for a chance to prove my worth so that I may be called home, to rejoin those who await me.”

Skoll’s grin softens and he looks back up at the head of his hammer.

“Until that time should come, I have sworn myself into the service of little Hakucha. She is young and naive, weak and scared, and she does not fully grasp the dreams that have taken hold of her..but there is a fire lying dormant deep in her soul. I am her sworn sword, and by what little honor I have left, I shall walk with her towards the impossible ambition that pulls her forward.”
Malcolm stroked his beard as he contemplated Skoll's words.

Though hath given the general jist of his past, there are clearly still fine details that are missing. However, more interesting than all that is his belief in Hakucha. That dwarf must have greatly impressed him at some point, a fellow such as him would not have joined her otherwise. I can only hope that I too shall witness this fire of hers that Skoll speaks of so admirably.

“Now, fierce Kyria...I have felt the pain in your words, and I have felt the rage that drives you forward...but most importantly, I have felt your malice towards my Captain. I would seek to change your perception, the only way I know how, in a language that I’m sure you know well.”
Malcolm ceased the stroking of his grey beard and raised an eyebrow in suspicion at the Giant's words.

.....and where exactly are thee going with this, o' bold Skoll?

In the blink of an eye, Skoll’s soft grin turns into a brow clenched with sheer rage and adrenaline. The Head of Tartarus is suddenly enveloped by a flaming black aura, and Skoll’s grip on its shaft tightens as every muscle in his body clenches. Skoll’s teeth grit down as he lets out a primal roar of rage that shakes the surrounding trees, as he grabs Tartarus with both hands and swings the hammer down upon Kyria ferociously. The sound of the hammer blasting through the air booms loudly as Tartarus flies towards Kyria with a speed defying Skoll’s gargantuan size.
Well that escalated quickly...... I wonder if I should inform the Captain of this development? Hmmmm...

Malcolm tapped a single bony finger against his chin in thought

Nah.

The aged adventurer leaned against the ship's wooden railing with his arms, his staff tucked between his right bicep and his body, as he watched the dual that was about to unfold before his eyes.

"Npc talking"
Thinking
"Speaking"
Narration/actions

50 x 5 = 250
Human Race Bonus (large human) Strength: 10 Agility: + 25 Vitality: + 10
Strength: 51 + 10 = 61
Small Building Level
Agility: 49 + 25 = 74
74x2= 148
-Reaction: 74 Hypersonic Reactions
-Movement: 74 Hypersonic Speed
Vitality: 60 +10 = 70
70x2=140
-Resilience: 70 City Block Level
-Endurance: 70 Immense Endurance
-Can perform highly advanced abilities (such as awakening attacks for DF users or advanced Haki technique) 5-7 times in combat
Haki: 55 Supreme Endurance
Haki can be used for 3 straight turns with a now 2 turn cooldown.
55x2=110
-Armament Haki: 75
-Observation Haki: 35
Fighting Style: 35
35x2=70
-Ittoryu/Nitoryu: 70
I watched as Skoll finished his task with the ropes. Then he proceeded to lift up the most wicked hammer I had ever seen in my life.
That thing is terrifying.. I bet it would work great as a tool of destruction and intimidation against my enemies.
What's or where is Jotunheim? Forget it, its not important right now. However.. A weapon that one of such strength as Skoll himself can't even use to its full potential.. How interesting.. Where is he going with this though?

... This damn bastard.. He wants to die.. That's what he's telling me.. He wants to die a glorious death to be let into the correct afterlife.. There's real pain in him for this.. Do I wish I had died so I didn't have to live with the regret of not killing the Celestial Dragon? Do I wish I did not have to walk around with this pain.. This utter despair and lack of faith in such ideals that Hakucha speaks of?.. Perhaps.. Doesn't matter, I've got rivers of blood to create.. I can die when the world crumbles.
I was right in my assessment.. He wants to die a spectacular death worthy of his.. What? His god I suppose.. However.. If he thinks he only knows violence.. Then watch as I become violence itself.. A force of nature that will dwarf even someone as larger than life as yourself.
Why does he dote on her so? What has she shown that makes him believe that fire is actually something that can blossom into a strength that can actually push her forward and change the world in her image? I only saw but a small ember back in loguetown.. Not quite a fire, and she put it out right away herself.. My disappointment is still massive.

I will not apologize.. Not yet, she is not worthy.. However.. Is Skoll going to do what I think he's going to do?
There wasn't any room for thought as the blow was rushing down towards me. I unsheated my sword holding it in my right hand horizontally above my left shoulder, black coating that turned into a flame patten exploded out accross the blade, the blood still on it coloring the Haki a deep crimson once again as I slashed the air above me and met Skoll's terrifying attack.
-Sanbyakurokuju Pound Ho: The user delivers a stronger version of his 36 Pound Cannon, which is presumably 10 times stronger than the original. (51 Mastery, 41 Strength) Destructive Potency Rank: B

Flame Hardening (Kouka)
Requirements:
Armament Haki Mastery 41 or above
41-99 Mastery: Destructive potency: B

Kyria's strength: Strength: 51 + 10 = 61 Small Building Level

With Attack with Destructive Potency Rank: B
And Flame Hardening Kouka which also gives Destructive Potency: B

That should put my attack on
120: 8. City Level

61 + 80 = 141
The meeting of our attacks created a shockwave that blew trees over in our immediate surroundings, the ship seemed to actually slide backwards a little as well.

Dammit! I can't hold him back! How dare he?!

My rage and frustration finally had a true outlet. However, I was definetly being pushed back, Skoll's strength being too much to handle. What sealed it though, was that the rock I was standing on, really couldn't take the pressure and simply began to break into rubble. Without proper support I could not keep my feet planted.

I was thrown backwards off it with incredible speed. As my feet started to skid on the ground, my momentum was so great that I had to coat them in black Armament Haki so I wouldn't hurt myself.. My feet started to gouge out the earth as I was sliding backwards, to stop I also coated my left arm and hand. Then I pressed my pitch black limb deep into the earth as I felt my momentum come to a stop. I glared up at the giant standing many many meters ahead of me.

"If you miss your comrades so much I'll send you home"!!
I'll fucking kill him!! Death!! Death to all!!

I had well and truly lost it as I jumped up out of the ruined landscape. Landing on the ground I once again loosed the same attack as before towards Skoll's chest area:

-Sanbyakurokuju Pound Ho: The user delivers a stronger version of his 36 Pound Cannon, which is presumably 10 times stronger than the original. (51 Mastery, 41 Strength) Destructive Potency Rank: B

Flame Hardening (Kouka)
Requirements:

61 + 80 = 141

The attack distorting the air as my power and mavolence raced towards Skoll.

But I wasn't finished.. As I loosed the attack I also started to run at my full speed in the direction where Skoll was standing in the water.
Damn bastard threw me so far I ended up on land..

I unsheated my other sword as well and ran with a weapon in both hands.
Time for some Nitoryu, lets see if he can keep up.

I chose to use a weaker version of the attack that was already spiralling towards my adversary. What I lacked in power I could make up for in quantity, hoping to distract the giant so something could land.

My second sword also coated itself in the red/crimson flame pattern as I held both swords horizontally above my shoulder and ripped the air as two new weaker projectiles made their way towards Skoll's right shin.
-Nanajuni Pound Ho: Same principle as the 36 Pound Cannon. Holding his two swords horizontally above the shoulder, the user then performs a circular swing that launches two air compressed projectiles spiraling towards the target instead of one, making it twice as powerful. (31 Mastery, 31 Strength) Destructive Potency Rank: C

Flame Hardening (Kouka)
Requirements:

With Attack with Destructive Potency Rank: C

9. Mountain Level

61+ 100 = 121

Last edited:

Fleet Admiral Lee Hung

Narrative
Thoughts
"Dialogue"
Zodd
Hakucha
Skoll

As Tartarus closed in on Kyria, Skoll using his full strength to force the hammer forward, a sudden sensation that he had not felt in years overtook him. Blasting back against the head of Tartarus was a force so powerful that it actually fully stopped the strength of Skoll's attack. The sensation of the once swinging hammer coming to a full stop reverberated up through Skoll's arms, throughout the rest of his body, and deep into his very bones.

Ahhhh...yes!!! This feeling...The futility of my own might...my own rage met head on!!

As Skoll's and Kyria's attacks pressed against each other, a huge shockwave blasted out of the center of their attack and caused the surrounding trees to lean away. The rock that Skoll had placed Kyria upon was starting to fracture as shards of rock fired outwards, skidding through the surrounding water, smashing against the grounded-land behind Kyria, and smashing into the vulnerable hull of the King Jesterie's Revenge. The ship itself had even floated away from the attack, just a bit.

Inside the ship, it sounded as if a large bomb had suddenly detonated outside. Hakucha had been rummaging inside an old ornate desk in the Captain's Quarters, where she had stored a hammer that she was searching for in order to repair the ship. The force of the shockwave was so great though, that she was suddenly sent flying across the room and crashing out of a window at the rear of the captain's quarters.

"W-What the hell???!!!"

As Hakucha began falling towards the water below the ship, Zodd swoops in, flying beneath Hakucha and allowing her to land on his back. As Zodd soars upward, Hakucha holds onto his feathers desperately, her heart still racing from the shock of what was happening.

"Squawk! Shiver me timbers!"

"Zodd! Let's go, take me to Skoll!"

Zodd soars upwards and begins heading toward Skoll.

What the hell is going on??!!!

As the rock beneath Kyria finally buckled and sent him flying backwards, Tartarus also flung upwards, though Skoll was quick to tame it's momentum and maintain his grip on the weapon.

"Yes!! How long has it been since I met a foe who could match me in battle?!!"

As Skoll pinpointed Kyria's location with his Haki, he heard Kyria shout at him as he felt Kyria prepare to attack.

Skoll's reaction to this was completely involuntary:

"Taiya ha ha ha!!!"

Yes!!! How I've missed this feeling!!

Landing on the ground I once again loosed the same attack as before towards Skoll's chest area:

Flame Hardening (Kouka)
Requirements:

61 + 80 = 141
The attack distorting the air as my power and mavolence raced towards Skoll.
Skoll felt Kyria's violent attack launching straight at him. Instinctively, Skoll clenches the muscles in his upper body, bracing himself to take Kyria's attack head on.

Ironhide
Skoll flexes his muscles to increase his resilience and minimize the damage taken from an attack. Similar to Tekkai.
(Resilience Boost based on Mastery)
21 Mastery: +20 Resilience
61Mastery: +40 Resilience
101 Mastery: +60 Resilience
120 Mastery: +80 Resilience

For 115 total Resilience

As Kyria's attack slashes Skoll across the chest, Skoll's blood sprays out forward in front of him as a slicing sensation digs into him. As a sharp pain rings through his chest, every hair on his body stands up and a deep fiery heat ignites within his chest as his heart blasts with adrenaline. For a moment, several images flash in his mind:

Thunder booms across the dark sky as a colossal Jotun battleship smashes headfirst through an unsuspecting port and tears the ground itself into splinters. With a loud battle roar that shakes his whole body, Skoll jumps from the bow towards the fragmented ground below, surrounded on both sides by equally crazed Giants, wielding axes, maces, and swords of their own.

An army of humans stands before him. Amidst the sea of tiny bodies, muzzle flare ignites sporadically as the humans fire their miniscule weapons at him. A sensation almost like raindrops peppers his torso as the ineffective bullets bounce off of him. With a loud roar, Skoll raises Tartarus into the sky above him, and swings it horizontally throughout the sea of humans in front of him, smashing clean through hundreds of them, and decorating the air before him with a dark red powder.

Marching through a pillaged, flaming city, smashing every building around him into smithereens with his hammer, a human warrior adorned in decorative robes and an elegant coat jumps high up into the sky to face Skoll head on, with a large sword in hand ready to attack him. "For my home!!!" The human would scream at the top of his lungs, but before he would have a chance to strike, Skoll's left hand would wrap around him. Skoll would squeeze violently hard and watch as blood splatters out from between his fingers, and the feeling of the human's struggle fade.

Yes!! Battle!!! How long has it-

My second sword also coated itself in the red/crimson flame pattern as I held both swords horizontally above my shoulder and ripped the air as two new weaker projectiles made their way towards Skoll's right shin.
Skoll's thought is interrupted as two extremely sharp slices runs deep into his right shin. The strikes digs so deeply into him that the slash wound from his chest, as well as the slice that the had struck him in the back at Loguetown, scream throughout his body as well. Skoll's body breaks out in a sweat as he instinctively lifts his right leg off of the seafloor and collapses onto his right knee, smashing the weighted end of Tartarus into the water and onto the Sea floor, supporting himself like a cain. Through gritted teeth, he lets out an aggressive roar as he rests his left hand onto his left knee.

Gahh, I lost myself!!

Skoll begins letting out heaving breaths as sharp sensations sting and paralyze his whole body. Heaved breaths sound throughout the air around him, and Skoll recalls Kyria's earlier words:

Remembering this, Skoll's pained expression turns into his signature toothy grin as his body screams at him in pain.

"You'll send me home, will you Kyria?! Taiya ha ha!!! How many times over my century and a half in this life have I heard such a claim?! How many foes have I faced over the decades that sought to end my life!!!"

Skoll looks up and focuses his white eyes onto Kyria, sweat dripping off of his face from the pain he was in.

"The Celestial Dragons that you seek to slay so badly...Understand me when I tell you that I have ended their lives with my own hands!! I have ground them into blood and dust beneath my feet!! Not just men, but women and children as well!! You are a hundred years too young to understand the meaning behind your words!!"

Pushing up on Tartarus to lift himself back to both feet, Skoll once again plants his right foot onto the Sea floor. A violent pain rockets up through his leg and into his back as his right leg once again bears the weight of his massive body. Straining as hard as he can, his body shaking in pain, Skoll raises Tartarus up above his head, holding it with only his right arm and aiming his left at Kyria. Skoll's voice bellows towards Kyria:

"Now begins your trial by pain!!!"

As if he were throwing a javelin, Skoll leans forward and launches Tartarus directly at Kyria, headfirst. Tartarus smashes through the sound barrier as white smoke emits from it's tip and it flies straight towards Kyria like a Spear.

Spear of the Gods
A technique passed down from the times of the Ancient Jotun.
With one arm, Skoll raises his Hammer above his head like a Javelin with the head of the hammer pointed at the target. By lunging forward in-time with the throw, Skoll throws his hammer like a Spear at the target.
To Skoll, this technique serves as a memorial to an old companion.
(61 Mastery, 61 Strength)
DPR:
A with Slumbering Tartarus
S with Awakened Tartarus
S+ with Fused Tartarus

Strength = 75, +60 for attack = 135 total attack strength

@Owl Ki (I know you might not post yet but tagging you still lol)

Last edited:
"Npc talking"
Thinking
"Speaking"
Narration/actions

My first attack struck true. Slicing deep into his chest, blood spurting out. Since the giant was so massive, just a little of his blood was like a waterfall to me, coloring the ocean crimson for the briefest of moments. It was a surreal sight to one such as myself. Wanting to create my own oceans from the blood of my enemies.

This.. He's a comrade.. Should I really?

Skoll seemed to be preoccupied, my other attacks hit his shin.. This time truly wounded, he sank to one knee in the water, using his weapon as a crutch to hold himself steady as he roars.
As he lets out heavy breaths of pain, I start to feel my own exhaustion. Firing off such powerful attacks right after the other wasn't easy..

My adversary lets out a toothy grin at me as he bellows:
"You'll send me home, will you Kyria?! Taiya ha ha!!! How many times over my century and a half in this life have I heard such a claim?! How many foes have I faced over the decades that sought to end my life!!!"
I flashed him a wolfish grin myself. I bet there were countless, my adversary.

The anger in my system wasn't finished yet however.. This burning sensation that drove me ever forward never truly left me alone for long.
I'm not done yet!
Skoll looks up and focuses his white eyes onto Kyria, sweat dripping off of his face from the pain he was in.

"The Celestial Dragons that you seek to slay so badly...Understand me when I tell you that I have ended their lives with my own hands!! I have ground them into blood and dust beneath my feet!! Not just men, but women and children as well!! You are a hundred years too young to understand the meaning behind your words!!"
My mind was reeling, my eyes bulged out after Skoll's last revelation.
I was distracted as Skoll pushed himself to his feet. Lifting his hammer with one arm preparing to do something as he said:
"Now begins your trial by pain!!!"
Then.. My fellow madman threw the hammer as hard as he could towards me. Booms from the massive object breaking the soundbarrier sounded like thunder that had come down from heaven to live among the mortals.

"The hell do you know about my pain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

I ran as fast as I could towards the hammer as I sheated my lefthanded sword to concentrate solely on the sword still stretched out to my right as I became speed itself. Building power for what was currently my most powerful attack. As I arrived before the hammer I gripped my sword with both hands as I swung it over my head, the crimson flame pattern blazing all the while.

-Daishinkan: Daishinkan consists of the user running towards his opponent with their sword held outstretched in one arm. He then executes a two-handed overhead swing used to split his opponent into two from the top down. (61 Mastery, 61 Strength, and 61 Movement Speed) Destructive Potency Rank: A

Flame Hardening (Kouka)
Requirements:

With Attack with Destructive Potency Rank: A

9. Mountain level

61 + 100 = 161
My attack struck the hammer with such strength the sound it generated blew out my eardrums, blood spurting out from both sides of my head as I couldn't do anything else but scream my pain and frustration in a long drawn out:

"AAAAAAARRRRRRGHHHH!!!"

I slammed the hammer down into the ground with such force it created a hammer sized hole in the ground. I could feel the land I was standing on breaking apart from the insides. This last clash had broken this island.. Very much like my home island was breaking apart.. Only a little slower.

I stood panting, I could barely hear anything right then.. I tasted bile in the back of my throat as I fell too my knees and collapsed into unconciousness once again. This time it would only last a few seconds however.

Fleet Admiral Lee Hung

Narrative
Thoughts
"Dialogue"
Hakucha
Skoll

After Skoll had used all of his willpower to launch Tartarus straight at Kyria, his own momentum and the lack of stability of his right leg sent Skoll falling forward. He caught himself with both hands before he struck the ground, causing the ground to shake violently beneath him and sending sand and dirt pluming upwards where his hands had impacted the ground. His legs still rested in the seawater and his upper body had crossed over onto the land that Kyria was on. As he catches himself, he looks upward to see how Kyria would react to his attack, his face and body still dripping sweat from the severe reaction to the pain that he was in.

Skoll's white eyes would widen in shock as he sensed Kyria being able to bat the flying hammer straight into the ground. The island shook and droplets of seawater flew into the air as Tartarus smashes into the dirt and cracks the very earth beneath Skoll, and he could feel from the vibrations that the ground itself was tearing apart beneath him. His massive arms trembled furiously as he fought a mental battle with himself not to collapse from the severe wound his leg had taken. He pulsated his Observation Haki outwards towards Kyria, though his senses from using this power were starting to blur from overuse. Still, he was able to make out the fact that Kyria had just barely fallen unconscious. Still heaving breaths as he tried to suppress his own pain, Skoll thinks to himself:

Should I strike his motionless form with a mighty fist? Should I pull him from the ground and throw him into a large rock? His trial by pain has not even commenced, yet he and I have reached our bodily limits....

Skoll held himself up for a few more moments in silent contemplation, his right leg having been brutally slashed open in addition to the wounds on his chest and back, and the gentle breeze flowing against his sweat-covered skin. Finally, Skoll falls to his left and rolls over onto his back, laying atop his head dress and with both arms and legs spread out wide in all directions. Through heaved breaths, Skoll stares blankly up into the sky, as yet another old memory overtakes him.

Skoll lays atop a thick layer of snow, which chills his exposed skin to the bone. A fierce blizzard covers him in snow as his erratic breath slowly calms. Skoll sits back up and wrests his elbows upon his now bent knees, staring downwards as he focuses on the injuries his body had taken. Jagged claw wounds stretch across his back and chest, severe bite wounds cover both of his forearms and both of his shins, and a few less serious cuts scattered around his un-bearded face.

After a moment, he looks up and around him to see the corpses of three wolves, almost as large as he himself was. The one to Skoll's left had its skull completely bashed in, and a trail of spattered blood shot outwards from it's mouth across the snow. The one to his right had it's head twisted at an unnatural angle pointing in the opposite direction of how it should have been pointed. Directly in front of him, the final wolf's jaw had been stretched far apart until the bones keeping it in place had shattered. With this, a feeling of relief passed over Skoll as he realized that he had passed his first trial by might.

After a few quiet moments, a pair of giant footsteps appeared not far from where Skoll himself lay. He may have been able to see the approaching figures right away had the thick blizzard not obscured the sight in front of him, but they would both enter his field of view soon enough.

The first figure was the largest Jotun that Skoll had ever known, an old, powerful warrior who's golden hair had been greying for years, and who's giant muscles were adorned in blue tribal tattoos. He wore a Jotunheim-Iron set of armor gave off a soft blue tint, as all Jotunheim-Iron did. In both of his hands were a pair of ornate axes composed of the very same iron, and his furred cape and Jotunheim-Iron Horned Helm distinguished him from all the rest of the Jotun. The 80 meter behemoth looked upon Skoll with a look of silent pondering.

Skoll's hair stood on end as the beast before him stared into his eyes: This was a warrior who he heavily respected. After a few moments of silent observation, the beast simply turned and walked off without saying a word. As the large warrior turned to walk away, the second warrior came into view. A young woman, 30 meters in height, who's long black hair flowed gently with the blizzard breeze.

Skoll's heart fluttered as she came into his view, and the two looked into each other's eyes for a moment. Skoll could see a slight twinkle in her irises before she turned away and followed the giant with whom she had arrived, her hair flowing gently in the breeze as she faded from sight.

"Skoll!! Kyria!!"

Hakucha screams as she arrives atop of Zodd, observing the momentarily out cold Kyria and the heavily wounded Skoll, the shattered land centering at Skoll's hammer which was cratered into the ground, and the scattered rocks from the mound Kyria had stood atop exploding. Skoll is snapped out of his memory and back into the present.

"W-What the hell are you two doing???!!" Hakucha shouts with both hands clamped around her head in shock.

"Do not fault Kyria, my Captain...This was my doing alone." Skoll stated in between heaved breaths.

Hakucha did not have the chance to respond before Skoll would continue, looking back and forth in between Skoll and Kyria rapidly and in a state of confusion.

"Fierce Kyria," Skoll states while still looking straight up into the sky. "I hope you now understand the meddle of your captain. I once walked the path that you seek to walk, though for very different reasons. I will tell you from my own experience, that the way you carry yourself now, the only path that awaits you is death before you've ever attained your ambition. You may think now that you do not care whether you die or whether you live, but consider that if you die before you see your ambition through to the end, that you will have accomplished nothing, and your life will have ultimately been meaningless. If you don't kill them all, they will simply recover in time, and all of your efforts will have been in vein."

Skoll sits back up and bends his right knee in order to feel how much damage his shin had taken.

"So take it from one such as myself, who is only searching for a worthy death: Do not be so quick to throw your life away, before you've discovered what it is actually worth."

@Owl Ki @Beerbottle

"Npc talking"
Thinking
"Speaking"
Narration/actions

Hakucha's yell was enough to wake me up. What just happened? I was still a little groggy as I lay there with my face in the dirt. Different parts of the ground was poking into me several places on my body. Oh... Right.. Skoll and I fought.. I suppose he doesn't like it when I'm displeased with his captain... Even though I'm right.. Lifting my head slightly up from the ground, earth dripped down from my face. The soil wasn't hard anymore, our battle and especially my last move had damaged the landscape around me significantly and churned up the new soil underneath. The captain didn't sound all that pleased with us as she shouted:
"W-What the hell are you two doing???!!"
I groaned. We were having a fight.. Ain't it obvious? I used my arms to lift myself up into a sitting position as I looked towards Skoll and Hakucha.

He looks like how I feel.. If we were to continue this, one or both will die.. Do I want that?.... Well yes, kinda.. Maybe not.. But yeah maybe I would.. It was with great difficulty I tried to remember these people are supposed to be my comrades. I need them.. Well I don't need Hakucha.. She doesn't have it in her.. But I need Skoll and Malcolm.. Or do I? Would they hold me back? Probably not Skoll.. Maybe I'll just see what they'll say about this.
"Do not fault Kyria, my Captain...This was my doing alone."
.. Yes.. Yes it was. My selfrighteous thoughts were interrupted from going further though:
"Fierce Kyria," Skoll states while still looking straight up into the sky. "I hope you now understand the meddle of your captain. I once walked the path that you seek to walk, though for very different reasons. I will tell you from my own experience, that the way you carry yourself now, the only path that awaits you is death before you've ever attained your ambition. You may think now that you do not care whether you die or whether you live, but consider that if you die before you see your ambition through to the end, that you will have accomplished nothing, and your life will have ultimately been meaningless. If you don't kill them all, they will simply recover in time, and all of your efforts will have been in vein."
I started to massage my forehead.. Why... Oh why would I give a damn?
I watched incredolus as Skoll sat up as well.
"So take it from one such as myself, who is only searching for a worthy death: Do not be so quick to throw your life away, before you've discovered what it is actually worth."
I got to my feet as I started to brush myself off, before I realised it was completely pointless to care about dirt when my whole outfit was caked in blood, guts, sweat and alcohol already. I looked up at the giant and the flying captain as I said in a hoarse voice, my vocal cords having been strained when I was yelling during my last attack:

"..... Why.. Oh why would our battle make me understand anything about the meddle of our captain"?... Before anyone could answer I continued:

" You know what?.. Nevermind, I don't care anymore... As long as you captain don't stand between me and a Celestial Dragon.. Or anyone he knows.. Or anyone he's ever cared about.. Then you've got nothing to fear from me personally"...

"Skoll.. I look forward to hearing about your encounters with the Celestial Dragons at a later time.. For now.. Don't bug me.. I don't feel like talking to either of ya".

With that said I simply ran towards the ship, made a massive jump that carried me onto the deck, then I disappeared into the bowels of the ship to be alone with my thoughts.

I'm not wrong.. Any hesitation will make me soft.. Only by pushing forward with everything I have without mercy can I have any chance at reaching the power I will need.