Naval Battle Open Sea (East Blue)

Malcolm watched as Kyria made his way into innards of the ship, signalling the end of the fight for good. The dual between his new comrades had been swift but brutal, with both sides clearly being more than willing to tear into each other. Between Kyria's savagery and Skoll's battle lust, Malcolm would not have been surprised if either one of them had been crippled or killed by the other.

Fortunately, in spite of their shared lack of restraint, both of them are still breathing and neither hath suffered a permanent injury, though Skoll might hath a few scars to add to his collection. Hmph, chances are he will see them as but a new story to tell tales of.

Speaking of the Giant, Skoll had mentioned something which caught Malcolm's attention. Looking back at the heaving Giant whose life blood was currently making up a concerning portion of the surrounding water, Malcolm thought back to a specific moment.
"The Celestial Dragons that you seek to slay so badly...Understand me when I tell you that I have ended their lives with my own hands!! I have ground them into blood and dust beneath my feet!! Not just men, but women and children as well!! You are a hundred years too young to understand the meaning behind your words!!"
So, thou hath fought the Celestial Dragons... Considering Skoll's talk of himself belonging to a forgotten era then that makes it likely that he killed those nobles before the rise of Roger. Without the instability that the Pirate King brought with his era, any slight against the Celestial Dragons would have been met with overwhelming retaliation. Is that what happened to thine fellow warriors Skoll? Did thy crew fight the rulers of this world and buckle beneath the weight of their wrath?

If that is the case then between Skoll and Kyria, that doth mean that half of the crew is currently compromised of fellows with a grudge against the Celestials. Come to think of it, I recall Hakucha mentioning that her island was freed from the Celestial Dragons, so even she hath suffered under their oppressive thumb. So that likely makes it 3/4 of the crew bearing a grudge. It would appear that I am the odd one out.

I believe Lady Fate hath taken mineself for a ride on this one. Well it shall certainly keep me entertained which is what matters most.

Breaking himself out of his inner musings, Malcolm called out to Skoll in an amused tone.

"So, doth thou believe that thou hath gotten through to our most turbulent crew mate?"

@Beerbottle @Fleet Admiral Lee Hung

Narrative
Thoughts
“Dialogue”
Zodd
Hakucha
Skoll

As the duel between Skoll and Kyria had reached its end, the Sun had begun to set in the sky. The once bright blue had gradually faded into an orange dusk as the Sun begins crossing the Horizon.

Hakucha and Zodd hover in place as Zodd rides a gentle breeze, making it appear as if he were levitating in place. Hakucha didn’t have much time to ponder Skoll’s words before Kyria responded.

"..... Why.. Oh why would our battle make me understand anything about the meddle of our captain"?... Before anyone could answer I continued:

" You know what?.. Nevermind, I don't care anymore... As long as you captain don't stand between me and a Celestial Dragon.. Or anyone he knows.. Or anyone he's ever cared about.. Then you've got nothing to fear from me personally"...
I see...So my actions had no effect on your perception of little Hakucha, it seems...

As Kyria’s words hang in the air for a few moments, a sudden realization comes over Hakucha as she looks over to Skoll with a look of extreme annoyance on her face.

“Squawk! Honor Duel!”

“Dammit Skoll!! Are you challenging people to fights in my name again?? How many times do I have to tell you not to do that?!”

But Kyria continues:

"Skoll.. I look forward to hearing about your encounters with the Celestial Dragons at a later time.. For now.. Don't bug me.. I don't feel like talking to either of ya".
As Kyria sinks off into the bowels of the ship, Hakucha watches him soberly. She then looks back over to Skoll, who had thrown off his giant right boot into the water. He gently touched the wound that Kyria had left upon his right shin, but his fingers recoiled back as soon as he made contact with it.

“That’s sure to scar...” Skoll says with a slight hint of pride in his voice.

“Serves you right. Clean up your own wounds, I’ve got to stay up repairing the ship. Zodd!”

Hakucha kicks both of her feet into Zodd’s shoulders as if he were a horse, and Zodd turns away and flies back towards the area of the ship’s hull that was damaged.

Skoll reaches into his belt and pulls out a large wrapping cloth. Before he had a chance to get lost in his own thoughts again, the sound in the air which had been filled with gentle tide of the ocean water striking the shore and the hull of the King Jesterie’s Revenge, as well as the gentle breeze that Zodd had been riding on, was broken by Malcolm:

"So, doth thou believe that thou hath gotten through to our most turbulent crew mate?"
Skoll’s head lifted up for a moment. He had almost forgotten that Malcolm had been spectating them, having lost himself in the adrenaline of battle.

Skoll looks back down and cracks a soft smile as he begins wrapping the cloth around his wounded shin.

“It seems that I speak a language that has been long lost. But hopefully in time, Hakucha will be able to show the both of you that hidden fire that dwells within her heart.”

As Skoll finishes wrapping his right shin in multiple layers of cloth, he begins wrapping his torso in cloth as well, in order to cover his slight chest wound and the more serious wound on his back.

“What of you, Malcolm? Do you have faith in this little crew of ours?”

Skoll’s head lifted up for a moment. He had almost forgotten that Malcolm had been spectating them, having lost himself in the adrenaline of battle.

Skoll looks back down and cracks a soft smile as he begins wrapping the cloth around his wounded shin.

“It seems that I speak a language that has been long lost. But hopefully in time, Hakucha will be able to show the both of you that hidden fire that dwells within her heart.”

As Skoll finishes wrapping his right shin in multiple layers of cloth, he begins wrapping his torso in cloth as well, in order to cover his slight chest wound and the more serious wound on his back.

“What of you, Malcolm? Do you have faith in this little crew of ours?”
Malcolm looked up towards the sky, the dying light of the setting sun bathing the endless expanse in a stunning array of pink and orange hues, silently pondering Skoll's question for a few moments.

"I have faith that the threads that Lady Fate doth weave are not so easily broken. As I said before, we have been brought together for a purpose and that purpose is not so easily denied."

"Just before thine grand entrance into Loguetown, I found myself before an inn, The Swan Inn. The sign that hung above the establishment, portrayed a lone swan upon an endless expanse of water."

Malcolm chuckled for a brief moment before continuing.

"I dare say that Lady Fate could not have been any clearer in sending mineself a literal sign."

"Ultimately, yes I do have faith in this crew. I expect that there will often be times when we shall clash, either verbally or physically as thee and Kyria have already done but we will all move forward together regardless. That is mine honest opinion."

"Npc talking"
Thinking
"Speaking"
Narration/actions

I made my way through the ship, sometimes slow and deliberate, sometimes quick and frantic. My state of mind was a mess.. An absolute mess.

I gotta calm down, but this isn't working!! What does he see in her!? How can he trust her so much when she is this weak in spirit!? It makes no sense!!

As I ran through the ship at this point, I did not notice where I was going, I did not notice that although the ship had some damages, it was still a beautiful ship. Sure the wind creaked as it blew through the hole that needed to be repaired. But the ship wasn't that old.. Rot hadn't set in yet.

I did manage to leave my own permament mark on the ship though. In my state of agitation I lifted my hand up to smash it against a beam to my right.. I managed to stop myself however. Lets not damage the ship further, I'd have to wait even longer before we could leave.

What I did instead though, was carve a couple lines across the wood using my fingernails. They didn't look like claws or anything but they needed a trim at this point, and they were part of me and as such pretty strong all things considered. The short lines were all that my rage did to the ship as I went looking for something to calm myself. Or rather half the time I did that, the other half I wanted to turn around and hurt someone or something.

Be that as it may, I opened up a door I found in front of me. And what greeted me was a pretty beautiful bathroom, all stonetiles floor and porcelain toilet and sink. Heck, it even had a bathtub..

Who? What? How? I simply could not understand how a wooden ship currently in disrepair could have such a modern bath facility.. It boggled even the mind of someone as crazy as myself.

I was going to turn around and leave, when I paused, held my chin in thought as I surveyed my options.

Could a bath help me feel better? Probably.. Would it help the situation? Probably not.. Do I want to bathe anyway? Actually yes.. Yes I do.

With nothing left to do, I simply stripped off my clothes, I could not see a machine that seemed meant for washing clothes right this second. Perhaps the old fashioned way ought to work just as well.

I then filled the bathtub, it was a very large tub, easily able to fit someone of my stature, though Skoll I wasn't so sure about.

When the tub was full, I simply took a bar of soap that I used my fingernails to shave of parts of it. Which went into the water.

There.. Now I've got warm soap water.. How in the world is there warm water in here?

I went to pick up my clothes, shoes, swords and all, but stopped myself.. Kinda a good idea to remove the Devil Fruit I suppose? That done I simply dumped all my belongings.. Except the troll club, it hadn't seen any actual battle and I could decide to clean it later if necessary.

The water instantly turned the color of blood, before it started to go murky brown. The smell was horrendous. I had to do this a couple of times it seemed. I emptied the tub, rinsed it, and started to fill it with warm water again.. I had to do this 3 more times before I could even start to scrub my clothing.. But at long last.. It probably wasn't clean or nice to look at, but it was a damn amount better than it had been.

Dumping my clothes in the sink. My swords I laid out on the floor to let them dry faster. I looked around myself once again and this time, noticed a pretty big mirror towering over me against one of the walls.

When did my hair become red?.. Its blood I see.. Hm.. Not a bad look for me I think.. Makes me look fearsome and deranged.

Tragic thoughts when one realise I was already both but not willing to admit it to myself at this particular moment.

I should get this look back if we go into enemy territory again.

Finished admiring myself and laying twisted plans for the future.. I filled the tub again and got in. Then I started to scrub myself with soap as much as possible.. Every inch of me. I had to do the same this time as with the clothes.. Namely I had to empty and refill the tub multiple times. Blood, sweat, gore and alcohol really did not leave my body easily.. But after a long time.. I went out of the tub.. I didn't see a towel anywhere and simply did not bother to dry myself. I donned my clothing once again, my hair now black as night.. Still dripping water, I made a puddle through a big chunk of the ship as I looked for, and found. A bed.. Then I simply went to sleep.. Still soaked.

@Fleet Admiral Lee Hung @Owl Ki

Narrative
Thoughts
"Dialogue"
Skoll

Skoll continued to wrap his torso tightly with the wrapping cloth as he listened to Malcolm's words:

"I have faith that the threads that Lady Fate doth weave are not so easily broken. As I said before, we have been brought together for a purpose and that purpose is not so easily denied."

"Just before thine grand entrance into Loguetown, I found myself before an inn, The Swan Inn. The sign that hung above the establishment, portrayed a lone swan upon an endless expanse of water."

Malcolm chuckled for a brief moment before continuing.

"I dare say that Lady Fate could not have been any clearer in sending mineself a literal sign."

"Ultimately, yes I do have faith in this crew. I expect that there will often be times when we shall clash, either verbally or physically as thee and Kyria have already done but we will all move forward together regardless. That is mine honest opinion."
Skoll finishes wrapping his wounds as Malcolm finishes his answer.

"Ahhh...an Inn that shared our name, you say? A sign from the Allfathers, perhaps."

Skoll falls backwards to lay on his back, rumbling the ground beneath him and sending dirt pluming up into the air around him. He stares up into the darkening sky as he continues.

"Let us hope that is a sign of good fortune."

Skoll could not see it, but as light slowly faded from the sky above, shooting stars would dance across the night sky.

@Beerbottle @Owl Ki

Skoll finishes wrapping his wounds as Malcolm finishes his answer.

"Ahhh...an Inn that shared our name, you say? A sign from the Allfathers, perhaps."

Skoll falls backwards to lay on his back, rumbling the ground beneath him and sending dirt pluming up into the air around him. He stares up into the darkening sky as he continues.

"Let us hope that is a sign of good fortune."

Skoll could not see it, but as light slowly faded from the sky above, shooting stars would dance across the night sky.
"Indeed."

A small smile graced Malcolm's cracked lips as he gazed upon the clear night sky, witnessing the sight of shooting stars streaking past the final burning embers of the sun.

Yet another sign of good fortune.

Returning his eyes to the humble earth beneath the heavens, Malcolm faced Skoll once more, the latter's mighty form now laying down upon the dirt.

"Well mine dear comrade, good fortune will not come to those who neither sleep nor dream, so I shall bid thee goodnight."

With that said, Malcolm left the great Giant's presence and went below deck. Rather than wandering aimlessly around the large and unfamiliar sailing vessel in search of the crew's quarters, the aged adventurer simply made his way to the bow of the ship.

Hmmm, this shall do.

Finding the spot where the gun deck met the bow, Malcolm removed his cloak and the clothes on his upper body, leaving his lean but muscular frame exposed to the elements.

Using the cloak as blanket to lay on and his scrunched up shirt as a pillow, Malcolm laid down upon his makeshift bed, his eyes closing as he quietly pondered upon the possibilities of what escapades he would have with this ragtag group of misfits he had decided to travel with.

"Celestial Dragon talking" / "insane version of Kyria talking"
Thinking
"Speaking"
Narration/actions

As I was sleeping, the events of the day, the trip in Loguetown, the disasterous journey itself to Loguetown.. And the absolute horror that was the war where I was supposed to function as a mercenary. It had all started to mix together into a deadly cocktail that started to drag up bad memories that.. While not repressed, I knew they were there, I knew what story those memories held. It was just not a thing that my mind should visit as much as possible.

However.. This night.. As I was dreaming, I was standing in a familiar town, in a place that had been deeply ingrained within myself.

I was seventeen years old once again, my body almost fully grown and I towered over most people in this town.. My town.. I looked forward with the outmost horror. It didn't matter that I was bigger than everyone I knew... I had never felt as powerless as this place and memory made me. The sight that greeted me seemed to sap my strength out of me like a desiase.

In the middle of the street lay once again my mother, her prematurely lined face screaming in pain and terror as her back was flayed time and time again. Blood was shooting out and staining the world itself red. The ground itself started to become slick with it, and it was still rising. Above my mother stood a man, that in this dream seemed much bigger than he had been in reality.. Tall and powerful, the glassbowl on his head taking on a crimson hue from the surroundings.

"Hyjojoo!! Your mother will become my concubine, and you'll never have the power to stop me brat"

"Damn you!! I'll kill you!! I'll kill everything you've ever loved or cared about!!"

The blood was now up to my lower back, I was being covered in an ocean of blood, all of it coming from my mother's back like a fountain as the monster never grew tired of striking her. My mother wasn't screaming anymore, she had started to sink into the blood. The last I saw of her were a face full of tears mixed with blood as she went under. The man.. Monster.. Tenryuubito walked towards me. The ocean of blood parted for him, he could shed all the blood he wanted, but it would never touch him, never stain him. He was standing over me now, while the blood was up to my neck. The town around me wasn't just covered in blood, it was now starting to show signs of decay. The buildings started to disitegrate before my eyes, the rubble being swallowed up by the ever growing crimson ocean around me.. Bodies of people I had known and grew up with drifted past me into the unknown.

"Hyjojohoho good luck with that kiddo"..

As he stood there, he started to change.. Suddenly my older self stood before me.. My apperance that which had appeared in Loguetown in all his bloody glory. The ocean wasn't avoiding him anymore, it was almost caressing him like a lover. He was born from blood and held power over it as hurricanes of crimson appeared and obliterated my surroundings, it was just him and I now. I was struggling to breathe now, blood filling my mouth more and more often.

He looked at me, his killing intent making me feel like I was being stabbed by a thousand blades.

"Go deeper, much deeper"

And then he reached down and pushed me under, I could feel myself choking and everything went black.

"AAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGHHH!!!!!!"

My scream shook the room as I threw myself into the air. Then I fell smack down into the wooden floor of the room I had slept in. My clothes mostly dry at this point, but my forehead dripped sweat onto the floorboards. I buried my face in my hands as drew in ragged breaths for a while. Then I gripped one of my swords by the sheath and held it too my chest as I sat up and leaned my back against the wall.

Outside, the sun had started to rise on a new day, its light had not touched inside this room yet, and it probably never would. Its warmth would also never reach the black soul of the man shivering alone in the dark.

Narrative
Thoughts
"Dialogue"
Hakucha
Skoll

Though his vision remained dark, it was Skoll's slowly warming skin that had woken him up. It was a sensation he had felt in much greater detail ever since he had lost his sight, and he learned to tell the time of day and the weather by the direction from which the Sun struck his skin. Skoll had still lay flat on his back in the exact same spot that he had fallen asleep, his body having taken such severe damage that it forcibly shut down on him before he had a chance to adjust himself.

Skoll sits up as his white eyes open, the recently healed slash wound on his back aching in a sharp pain as he did so.

"Gaah.." He winces, "freshly healed wounds always ache the worst..."

Skoll stands to his full 60 meter height, an intense pain shooting throughout his right leg at the same time that he instinctively shifted the weight to his left leg.

"Tai ya ha ha..I don't miss this feeling at all." Skoll grabs his right boot that he had tossed aside the day before and puts it back onto his right leg, pulling it over the wrapping cloth covered in dried blood that he had applied the night before. He begins to unwrap the wrapping cloth around his torso, when he suddenly senses a huge, familiar presence dozens of meters behind him.

Ah, yes...

Skoll turns around and limps over to the area of the ground that Kyria had batted the flying tartarus into, the ground shaking calmly with each step he took. It lie hammer-down, indented into a large crater in the earth. The Hammer gave off a mighty aura that Skoll had felt many times in his life. The first time he had awakened his Jotun Sense was when he grasped Tartarus in his hands, and felt it's dormant power hidden deep within the Jotunheim Steel.

Skoll stares down at the hammer emotionlessly for a moment, before grabbing Tartarus' hilt with his right hand. As soon as his hand wrapped around the handle, he felt a strange sensation that disappeared as quickly as it arrived. It was as if Tartarus was calling out to him, as if a bit of himself was within the hammer, and it had been waiting for him to return. It was not the first time that Skoll had felt this sensation, and he still had no idea what it meant.

After the moment of silent passes, Skoll rips Tartarus from the crater it stood in and swings the hammer up into the air, a plume of dirt following it up into the sky. He rests Tartarus upon his right shoulder, holding onto it with his right hand. After this, he limps on over to the King Jesterie's Revenge.

"It's about time we began our journey.." Skoll grabs the bow-railing of the ship with his left hand, and begins to pull the ship through the water, limping along as he does so. The ship suddenly erks forward with enough force to wake up any sleeping parties on board.

In the center of the ship, Hakucha had lie asleep on a handrail, having fallen asleep after completing most of the repairs to the hull. As the ship jolted forward, Hakucha rolled off of the handrail and bounced off of a sleeping Zodd's head onto the deck below. The Parrot was suddenly awake from his slumber and flapped his wings as he rocketed wildly into the sky, squawking unpleasantly.

Hakucha sits up and straightens her hat, which had almost been knocked off of her head when she hit the deck. She yawns loudly as she wipes sleep from both of her eyes.

"Crap....How late was I up last night??"

She blinks rapidly as she looks around to the world around her, the island maze scenery moving past her as the ship sailed forward, pulled along by Skoll. Hakucha yawns again.

"Well....I guess it's time we get ourselves moving.."

Hakucha hops back up onto the handrailing and begins her dwarven trot to the front of the ship, to meet up with Skoll.

Last edited:
Malcolm found himself in the middle of the ocean, floating on his back as he slowly drifted along a gentle current, water all around for as far as the eye could see. Above him in the night sky, the stars were proudly shining in all their glory.

Yet there was something strange about the scene above him. Each star had a small thin thread, barely noticeable yet still there, connecting it to the nearest star and so forth till every star was connected to the next, all of which formed a sort of endless net that stretched from horizon to horizon.

Nay, tis not a net but a web.

As soon as that thought occured, the stars started to blink out of existence. Beginning at the furthest reaches of the horizon, the light of distant suns were snuffed out like glorified candles, their dying light travelling along the threads of the great celestial web. A veritable domino effect occurred as the stars continued to disappear, each one adding their own final celestial embers to the increasingly glowing flow of power surging across the sky web.

The numerous surges of heavenly light culminated in the final eight stars being simultaneously consumed by different balls of light. For a moment, complete and utter pitch blackness enveloped everything. Malcolm could not even see his own body.

Then it happened.

From where two stars had previously sat parallel to each other, what could only be described as a set of flaming eyes opened. Beside each great eye, another three similar but smaller eyes accompanied their larger brethren.

The eight eyes grew quickly grew in size till they enveloped the night sky completely. With colossal black holes for pupils and a trillion billion supernovas each for irises, they all bore down on Malcolm, gazing intently at his vulnerable form, piercing his very soul with their unyielding glare. Yet the aged adventurer was not afraid. In fact, this unnatural presence was familiar to him.

I appear to have caught the attention of mine mistress once more.

Malcolm raised his right hand, reaching out to this colossal eldritch presence beyond all feasible mortal comprehension. The distance looked so close to his mind's eye, surely just a little bit clos-
"AAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGHHH!!!!!!"
"Zzzhhfrp, huh... What?..."

Malcolm awoke to the interior of the King Jesterie's Revenge, his body stiff from where he had slept at the bow of the ship. His mind was hazy, from both the intense dream and his abrupt, impromptu wake up call. He sat in silence for a few moments, his mind slowly processing what just occurred.

..... Did I doth dream that scream or was that real?

Malcolm used his Observation Haki to sense the ship. There was nothing wrong as far as he could tell, no foreign presences or the like.

Both mine mind and body are too weary to deal with this nonsense so early in the morning.

Deciding that nothing was out of the ordinary (and if there was then someone else could go deal with it), Malcolm attempted to return to his slumber.....
"It's about time we began our journey.." Skoll grabs the bow-railing of the ship with his left hand, and begins to pull the ship through the water, limping along as he does so. The ship suddenly erks forward with enough force to wake up any sleeping parties on board.
Only to suddenly find himself quickly rolling towards the rear end of the ship, his body making a noticable 'thunking' noise as it struck the wood of the aft of the sailing vessel. The elderly gentleman simply fumed in silence for a few seconds before sighing.

"Very well."

Malcolm quickly got dressed and made his way up to the deck.

"Npc talking"
Thinking
"Speaking"
Narration/actions

I was still sitting there, my hand clutching my sword in its scabbard as I held it tightly to my chest. As I started to calm down, my breaths becoming slower and deeper, I could feel my heart enter its usual rythm. That... That was.. Mortifying.. What does .. Where is it!!!?. As I had started to regain my composure, what little I was even capable of. I started to realise that there was no longer a small bulge hidden inside my clothes.

Where is the devil fruit!!? Did I lose it.. No.. Someone took it! Someone's been inside here while I slept!.

Then I felt the ship start to move.. Accompanied by a lot of creaking from the hull. Without another concious thought I moved like the wind, my worry and anger rising once again. I raced through the halls deep in the ship as I made my way up. I practically flew as I shot up and out onto the main deck. My eyes scanning my surroundings noticed Hakucha making her way towards the front of the ship, where I could see Skoll dragging the ship himself. Without any trouble I moved with incredible speed until I'd arrived at the front of the ship before Hakucha. I looked up towards the giant as I bellowed:

"Hey Skoll! Did you notice anyone sneaking into the room I slept in during the night"!?

He's probably got the strongest Observation Haki of all of us, if anyone's noticed anything, its got to be him...

@Owl Ki @Fleet Admiral Lee Hung

Narrative
Thoughts
“Dialogue”
Skoll
Hakucha

Hakucha rubs the sleep out of her eyes with both hands as she makes her way across the hand railing up toward the front of the ship. She lets out a long, drawn out yawn as she gazes ahead to Skoll, pulling the ship through the water with his left hand, his right hand gripping his hammer which resting on his right shoulder. As he pulled the ship forward, she could tell that he was limping on his right leg, waves blasting off from his giant legs with every step he took.

No doubt from your fight with Kyria yesterday....you’d better be able to swim Skoll...

Just as Hakucha was about to reach the bow, an unknown figure darts in front of her.

"Hey Skoll! Did you notice anyone sneaking into the room I slept in during the night"!?
Hakucha stares at the person towering in front of her in shock, her brow clenched and her eyes widened. Her left hand instinctively inches towards the dwarven cutlass sheathed at her left hip.

Who the hell is this?? A stowaway??? How did this happen all the way out here?!

Suddenly, she understood as shock fired throughout her body like lightning.

KYRIA??? What the hell happened to you?! Your hair, and your clothes??! You look like a completely different person!!

As Hakucha reeled in shock, Skoll’s giant head turned slightly to its left as he glanced downwards. A sly smile creeped across his face as he once again looked straight ahead.

“Unfortunately,” Skoll’s giant voice boomed loud enough for them all to hear, “I was very much unconscious, all throughout the night. But I can tell from the sound of your voice, that you seem to have lost something quite important to you. It will probably turn up soon.”

Since Skoll was facing straight ahead, none of his crew could see the huge smile crossing his face. As Hakucha stares at the panicked Kyria, and her disbelief suddenly shifts into amusement.

I haven’t seen you like this Kyria...panicked and flustered...I like it!

Hakucha threw her hands behind her back and stared off the side of the ship innocently.

“Hmmm...let’s see...Kyria’s room, last night...”

She shakes her head left to right in frustration.

“Nope! That doesn’t ring any bells for me. I stayed up late repairing the ship, and Skoll and Malcolm were down pretty quickly...and besides, you slunk off before any of us knew where you were heading. This is a big ship, it would have been really difficult for any of us to find you, at night, in the dark. And I doubt any of us would’ve even recognized you now that you’ve cleaned yourself up.”

Hakucha’s innocent look shifts into a sly grin. She jumps off of the hand railing and lands onto the deck, looking upwards at Kyria.

“On a completely unrelated note, I found myself thinking last night..about that strange fruit that you were carrying on you at Loguetown.”

Hakucha begins to pace back and forth, her left index finger and thumb rubbing her chin like a sleuth pondering a crime scene.

“It was definitely a bizarre looking fruit...it didn’t look like something that was meant to be eaten at all. I suppose that’s why you asked Skoll, Malcolm, and I for food, even though you already had that fruit on you.”

She stops her pace and looks straight at Kyria.

“What kind of fruit are you carrying on you, Kyria? It wouldn’t happen to be worth something, would it?”

@Beerbottle @Owl Ki

It was a fine day as Malcolm emerged onto the deck. The sun was out but was partially hidden by cloud cover and there was a light breeze to cool the skin.

Ahh, tis good that our little crew has been blessed with good weather on our maiden voyage. Truly a sign of Lady Fate's fervor.

Hmmm, now why would Kyria ask abo-..... Huh?

Malcolm knew that it was Kyria, he certainly recognised the voice but the individual speaking had a completely different hair colour all together. Where once there was vibrant red locks there was now dull black strands.

Either Kyria doth possess a deft hand for hair dye or I have spontaneously gone partially colour blind in mine old age.... Pity, I was rather fond of reds.
“Unfortunately,” Skoll’s giant voice boomed loud enough for them all to hear, “I was very much unconscious, all throughout the night. But I can tell from the sound of your voice, that you seem to have lost something quite important to you. It will probably turn up soon.”
Ah, so that is what is bothering comrade Kyria. He hath lost something.... Besides his sanity. How unfortunate.
Hakucha threw her hands behind her back and stared off the side of the ship innocently.

She shakes her head left to right in frustration.

“Nope! That doesn’t ring any bells for me. I stayed up late repairing the ship, and Skoll and Malcolm were down pretty quickly...and besides, you slunk off before any of us knew where you were heading. This is a big ship, it would have been really difficult for any of us to find you, at night, in the dark. And I doubt any of us would’ve even recognized you now that you’ve cleaned yourself up.”

Hakucha’s innocent look shifts into a sly grin. She jumps off of the hand railing and lands onto the deck, looking upwards at Kyria.

“On a completely unrelated note, I found myself thinking last night..about that strange fruit that you were carrying on you at Loguetown.”

Hakucha begins to pace back and forth, her left index finger and thumb rubbing her chin like a sleuth pondering a crime scene.

“It was definitely a bizarre looking fruit...it didn’t look like something that was meant to be eaten at all. I suppose that’s why you asked Skoll, Malcolm, and I for food, even though you already had that fruit on you.”

She stops her pace and looks straight at Kyria.

“What kind of fruit are you carrying on you, Kyria? It wouldn’t happen to be worth something, would it?”
Malcolm fixed Hakucha with a deadpan stare as she finished.

I am not even entirely sure what hath occured and I would still consider thee the prime suspect regardless after a speech like that o' mine coyless Captain.

Deciding to ignore his Captain's awkward attempt at a conversational redirection, Malcolm interjected himself into the conversation.

"Perhaps it hath nothing to do with the current topic at hand but I swore mine ears heard some masculine screaming earlier. Did any of thee hear something along the lines of that?"

"Npc talking"
Thinking
"Speaking"
Narration/actions

The hell does he mean with that? I was pretty chagrined at Skoll's cryptic answer, but further deliberation were cut short as my captain interjected herself into the conversation:
I turn my gaze upon Hakucha as my frustration started to build. I watched as she shook her head before saying:
What the actual hell? My index finger started to stroke the hilt of my sword as my gaze intensified. I watched as Hakucha's innocent look turned into a sly smile... What... Is... This...?
She started to pace back and forth
I watched incrediously as she stopped pacing and looked at me.
... She did it... She fucking did it didn't she?

The wind blew in my hair, the sun warmed my skin. Now that my hair had become free from all the blood that had filtered it together into a mess, it whipped about my face as I started to slowly pull my sword out of its scabbard. I was however interuppted as Malcolm added a question:
"Perhaps it hath nothing to do with the current topic at hand but I swore mine ears heard some masculine screaming earlier. Did any of thee hear something along the lines of that?"
My hand let go of the sword for the moment.. My hands moving about a little nervously, my eyes took on a haunted look.
"That.. Was nothing to worry about.. I... I had an uncomfortable dream.. It isn't anything worth discussing"..

My gaze still on Hakucha, my captain, I pulled out one of my swords, held it pointing upwards as I ran my thumb down its sharp edge.

"That... Fruit.. Is mine". I took a long pause as I continued:

"It is whats called a Devil Fruit.. Its spesific name is Hana Hana no Mi.. Devil fruits may grant a person or animal special powers.. Each fruit holds a different power, from turning your body into rubber, to being a person clothed in flames. And many others.. There is a drawback of course, all power comes with a price".

I looked out towards the sea as I continued:

"It makes it so that one will never be able to swim in sea water again, sea water weakens you. Saps your strength completely until you simply drown. Marines have something called seastone cuffs, that serves the same purpose in weakening devil fruit users. And once you've eaten a devil fruit, there's no getting rid of it. You're stuck with its powers and limitations until you die".

My gaze turned back to my captain, as I let my malice flow once again. Flashes of red appeared in my eyes once more. What that signified I did not currently know.

I took a few steps towards Hakucha as I whispered:

"And if anyone knows where the fruit is.. I'd greatly appreciate getting it back.. Its not for me to use, but to sell, to get a foot in the door of the Underworld.. I or rather we need connections, influence and power". "Whoever... Took that fruit, best remember that its not a smart idea to antagonize a monster".

Narrative
Thoughts
“Dialogue”
Skoll
Hakucha
Zodd

The Swan Pirates were still being pulled along by Skoll through the watery maze, though they would soon reach the open seas of East Blue. Hakucha, feeling smug from her self-assured probing, was caught off guard by Malcolm chiming in:

Screaming?!

Hakucha’s eyes widened in terror. As this happened, Zodd the parrot, who was orbiting the three characters some feet above them, squawks down:

“Squawk! Ghosts!”

Hakucha nearly jumps out of her Dwarven boots.

“Ghosts?!” She turns toward Skoll, who was still pulling the ship forward. “Skoll!! Sink the ship, captain’s orders!!!” She shouts with a terror in her voice.

Before Skoll even considered responding to that, Kyria answers Malcolm:

"That.. Was nothing to worry about.. I... I had an uncomfortable dream.. It isn't anything worth discussing"..
Hakucha’s terror turns into relief as she slumps over and let’s put a sigh of relief. She wipes a bead of sweat off of her brow with her left hand as Kyria speaks:

My gaze still on Hakucha, my captain, I pulled out one of my swords, held it pointing upwards as I ran my thumb down its sharp edge.

"That... Fruit.. Is mine". I took a long pause as I continued:

"It is whats called a Devil Fruit.. Its spesific name is Hana Hana no Mi.. Devil fruits may grant a person or animal special powers.. Each fruit holds a different power, from turning your body into rubber, to being a person clothed in flames. And many others.. There is a drawback of course, all power comes with a price".

I looked out towards the sea as I continued:

"It makes it so that one will never be able to swim in sea water again, sea water weakens you. Saps your strength completely until you simply drown. Marines have something called seastone cuffs, that serves the same purpose in weakening devil fruit users. And once you've eaten a devil fruit, there's no getting rid of it. You're stuck with its powers and limitations until you die".
Hakucha wants again rubs her chin as she listens to Kyria’s words.

...a fruit that grants its user supernatural powers, at the cost of being able to swim...

My gaze turned back to my captain, as I let my malice flow once again. Flashes of red appeared in my eyes once more. What that signified I did not currently know.

I took a few steps towards Hakucha as I whispered:

"And if anyone knows where the fruit is.. I'd greatly appreciate getting it back.. Its not for me to use, but to sell, to get a foot in the door of the Underworld.. I or rather we need connections, influence and power". "Whoever... Took that fruit, best remember that its not a smart idea to antagonize a monster".
Hakucha stares intently up into Kyria’s violent eyes, leaning slightly backwards. For a few moments, she held his gaze before speaking.

“I see, Kyria...I understand...this “Devil Fruit” that you speak of...”

After a moment of trying to maintain her serious glare, her facial expression suddenly shifts into a huge laugh as Hakucha busts out laughing.

“Do wa ha ha ha ha!!!” She leans forward and places her right hand on her right knee as she holds her left hand still up to Kyria, gesturing him not to attack. “Wait! Wait! Relax! Your Devil Fruit is fine!!”

Hakucha collapses backwards into a sitting position as she shouts upwards: “Zodd!” Followed by a snap of her fingers. The Parrot beats its wings and flies upwards towards the Central mast of the ship.

“Honestly Kyria,” Hakucha says as she wipes a tear from her left eye, “I was just curious. If you want your fruit back so badly, that’s fine, but you don’t have to make up such a ridiculous story!”

“Fire and Death raining from the sky...The Wrath of the Allfathers...” Skoll says aloud, almost under his breath. His giant voice was so loud that it was easy to hear from the bow.

“Huh?? Did you say something Skoll?” Hakucha says while glancing up towards him. As she does this, she suddenly notices that the ship of the Swan Pirates had completely stopped moving as Skoll stood in place, staring straight ahead.

Skoll turns and looks down to the bow of the ship, showing a look of shock to his crew for the first time. At this, Hakucha’s amused expression turns serious as she jumps back up to her feet. It wasn’t often that she saw a look like that from the Mad Giant.

“Skoll! What’s wrong? Don’t tell me you actually believe him? He’s just antagonizing me!”

“A few moments ago, you asked me to sink the ship because you thought Ghosts were onboard.” Skoll states, his shocked expression not wavering. Hakucha’s jaw drops as she tries to think of a response, but she had been completely checkmated.

Do I even ask?? Is this knowledge something I need to possess??

Skoll’s white eyes shift to Kyria and Malcolm.

“Kyria, Malcolm...you are both traveled men...Have you ever heard of a... “Devil’s Fruit”... that allows men to control Magma?”

@Owl Ki @Beerbottle

Hakucha’s eyes widened in terror. As this happened, Zodd the parrot, who was orbiting the three characters some feet above them, squawks down:

“Squawk! Ghosts!”

Hakucha nearly jumps out of her Dwarven boots.

“Ghosts?!” She turns toward Skoll, who was still pulling the ship forward. “Skoll!! Sink the ship, captain’s orders!!!” She shouts with a terror in her voice.
Malcolm pinched the bridge of his nose in exasperation, quietly contemplating his recent life choices as his Captain gave her ludicrous spur of the moment order.
Hakucha’s terror turns into relief as she slumps over and let’s put a sigh of relief. She wipes a bead of sweat off of her brow with her left hand as Kyria speaks:

Hakucha wants again rubs her chin as she listens to Kyria’s words.

...a fruit that grants its user supernatural powers, at the cost of being able to swim...

Hakucha stares intently up into Kyria’s violent eyes, leaning slightly backwards. For a few moments, she held his gaze before speaking.

After a moment of trying to maintain her serious glare, her facial expression suddenly shifts into a huge laugh as Hakucha busts out laughing.

“Do wa ha ha ha ha!!!” She leans forward and places her right hand on her right knee as she holds her left hand still up to Kyria, gesturing him not to attack. “Wait! Wait! Relax! Your Devil Fruit is fine!!”

Hakucha collapses backwards into a sitting position as she shouts upwards: “Zodd!” Followed by a snap of her fingers. The Parrot beats its wings and flies upwards towards the Central mast of the ship.

“Honestly Kyria,” Hakucha says as she wipes a tear from her left eye, “I was just curious. If you want your fruit back so badly, that’s fine, but you don’t have to make up such a ridiculous story!”

“Fire and Death raining from the sky...The Wrath of the Allfathers...” Skoll says aloud, almost under his breath. His giant voice was so loud that it was easy to hear from the bow.

“Huh?? Did you say something Skoll?” Hakucha says while glancing up towards him. As she does this, she suddenly notices that the ship of the Swan Pirates had completely stopped moving as Skoll stood in place, staring straight ahead.

Skoll turns and looks down to the bow of the ship, showing a look of shock to his crew for the first time. At this, Hakucha’s amused expression turns serious as she jumps back up to her feet. It wasn’t often that she saw a look like that from the Mad Giant.

“Skoll! What’s wrong? Don’t tell me you actually believe him? He’s just antagonizing me!”

“A few moments ago, you asked me to sink the ship because you thought Ghosts were onboard.” Skoll states, his shocked expression not wavering. Hakucha’s jaw drops as she tries to think of a response, but she had been completely checkmated.

“Kyria, Malcolm...you are both traveled men...Have you ever heard of a... “Devil’s Fruit”... that allows men to control Magma?”
Malcolm was rather concerned by Skoll's sudden change in attitude, the normally jovial Giant's face was etched into a haunted expression. Deciding to ignore Hakucha's seeming ignorance of basic knowledge regarding devil fruits, Malcolm focused on addressing Skoll's question first and foremost.

"Indeed, comrade Skoll. There is a devil fruit that is capable of controlling magma. Tis a logia type. I recall witnessing such a spectacle naught but two years ago when I viewed a public broadcast of the Summit War of Marineford. If I recall correctly, the one who displayed such a frightening ability was the then Admiral Akainu, now current Fleet Admiral of the Marines."

"Npc talking"
Thinking
"Speaking"
Narration/actions

I've had enough.. I'll just kill her here and now.. And rid this world of her.

I started to shift my stance into something meant to kill.. However, Skoll's next reaction and words distracted me.
I relaxed my stance as I looked up at my giant crewmate, he seemed out of sorts.

... She's an imbecile..

How does he not know.. That fatefull war was broadcasted to the whole world... Ah.. He's blind.. Of course he doesn't know.
"Indeed, comrade Skoll. There is a devil fruit that is capable of controlling magma. Tis a logia type. I recall witnessing such a spectacle naught but two years ago when I viewed a public broadcast of the Summit War of Marineford. If I recall correctly, the one who displayed such a frightening ability was the then Admiral Akainu, now current Fleet Admiral of the Marines."
Before I had a chance to answer Skoll's question, Malcolm had already done me the favor. Thinking back on that being of dread.. I felt a tingling down my spine as I said:

"Malcolm is right Skoll.. The current Magma devil fruit user is Fleet Admiral Akainu.. That man is death itself"

Last edited:
Narrative
Thoughts
“Dialogue”
Skoll
Hakucha
Zodd

Hearing the words of his two crew mates sent a shock through his system, especially upon hearing that such a power was possessed by an Admiral of the Navy.

"Malcolm is right Skoll.. The current Magma devil fruit user is Fleet Admiral Akainu.. That man is death itself"
Skoll stood motionless in place for a few moments, silently contemplating what he had just learned.

...No...it doesn’t matter...what happened that day was Divine Judgment from the Allfathers...I should not think too much into it, I am no philosopher. I must continue to press on, towards Valhalla...

“Skoll?”

Skoll snaps back into reality. He turns his back on the crew and continues to pull the King Jesterie’s Revenge through the island maze, fast approaching the opening that would lead them out to Sea.

Hakucha looks upon him somberly. She had heard the story of the day his crew died, about how giant fists of fire had rained down from the darkened sky and obliterated the Jotun battleship, but she never knew how much of what Skoll said was actually true or not, given his strange words and beliefs. She was even stowed away on board the ship when it had happened, but she didn’t remember anything like what Skoll described.

“Squawk! Hoist the colors!”

Zodd soared back into view, carrying a sack in his clawed feet. As he flies over the bow, he drops the sack directly towards Kyria.

Hakucha, seeing Zodd approach, suddenly leaps into the air with surprising speed for such a little Dwarf, and Zodd flies under her, allowing her to mount him like a ride.

As she rides atop the parrot who glides alongside the ship, matching its pace, she continues to look upon Skoll for a moment before looking back down at Kyria.

“There’s your Devil Fruit Kyria. Do whatever you want with it. I’m going to fly ahead for a bit...make sure Skoll doesn’t get lost. He is blind, after all...”

Hakucha kicks her feet softly into Zodd’s neck, causing the Parrot to flap his wings more vigorously, and accelerate up into the air and away from her ship and crew.

As Skoll walks out into the open, clearing the island maze, he allows the ship to accelerate past him. When the ship’s midsection reaches him, he jumps onto its center, landing in a sitting position. The force of Skoll landing on the ship creaked every ounce of wood on the ship, and immediately split the segment of the hull that Hakucha had spent all night repairing right down the middle. The King Jesterie’s Revenge was now sailing out in the Open Seas, its trajectory was straight for the Red Line.

A gentle breeze blew Skoll’s graying beard as both of his legs hung from the port-side of the ship, being pulled through the water by the ship’s advance. Skoll had a somber look on his face as he stares out to Sea.

“Malcolm, Kyria, if you two would permit an old Jotun with far too many stories, I would like to share one with the two of you now. It was only three years ago...”

[Im going to tell this story in flashback format, but Skoll is telling Kyria and Malcolm all of this]

The Sun was setting to the ship’s East, and the sky was slowly darkening. Through the waters of the Grand Line sailed one of the largest pirate ships of all time, stretching over a thousand meters from bow to stern, and its deck floating a few hundred meters above the Sea. It was a ship called Jormungandr, and it was manned by the Giant clan consisting of almost 100 Giants who called themselves Jotun:

This was a crew that had pillaged the seas for almost a century, and this voyage would be her last. From the ship’s crow’s nest shouts a strong voice belonging to a 20 meter Jotun Archer named Skaoli:

“There they are! Dozens of them, easily!”

From various areas of the ship, each of the hundred Jotun look out ahead. In front of them, dozens of human ships scattered across the Horizon, belonging to the Navy of the World Government.

“Would you look at that?” the Jotun’s Vanguard Captain, a 70 Meter colossus named Bjorngarr states as he looks out ahead, “Turns out that it really is that easy-Kill a few dozen of those Nobles, and they really do send a Fleet that big!”

Bjorngarr turns towards the leader of the Jotun, who was standing at the ship’s bow looking ahead at the approaching fleet.

“They shouldn’t be too much trouble. We’ve killed so many Marines before, what’s another few thousand!!”

The 30 meter Chieftain of the Jotun was named Hati, and she did not turn to acknowledge Bjorngarr. Her thick black hair blew out behind her as the Jormungandr charged forward. Though her crew couldn't see her face, her eyes were bloodshot with rage. Without looking to her crew behind her, she addressed him:

“Full speed ahead. Don’t slow down, even when they start firing.”

“You heard the Chieftain!” Bjorngarr turns around and shouts toward the ship behind him. Holding his Axe upon his shoulder with one hand, he swings his giant weapon off of his shoulder and catches it with his other free hand. “Full sails, and ready yourselves for blood!”

The entire ship shook violently with deafening battle cries from the crazed Giants on board. Over a hundred of them all shouting into the sky, raising their weapons to the sky and gathering their fury. Skoll did not join in.

He walks up to his Chieftain with Tartarus resting on his left shoulder. He addressed her, not in the respectful demeanor of a subordinate, but with the low, passionate voice of a lover.

“Hati..you know we can’t face that many ships..not out at Sea as we are..”

“Then we go to Valhalla.” She responds without looking back to him.

Skoll gently grabs her right arm, just firmly enough for her to feel his presence.

“The Allfathers do not want this...they don’t want us to throw our lives away...”

Hati turns aggressively towards him, and Skoll’s grip on her arm is lost. Her wrathful gaze hones in on his orange-yellow eyes. “You are an outsider. You always have been. This is exactly what they want from us!”

“They want us to die meaningless deaths? To throw away our entire history?? You know this is not the way to Valhalla...”

“Glory in life! Valor in death! These are our tenants!! We will butcher every last enemy, and if not, then we will die the deaths that they demand us to!!”

“The Allfathers make no demands! Our destiny is ours to choose, not theirs!!”

“We make no choices!! Our paths are chosen for us, and we walk them as they demand of us!!!”

“THIS WILL NOT BRING HER BACK!!!”

At this, the shouting match comes to an end. Hati’s wrathful gaze turns to one of sorrow and grief as she stares into Skoll’s eyes. Her tears slowly begin to swell. For a moment, Skoll sees in her eyes a glimmer he had not seen in decades. His heart skips a beat, the way it used to when he gazed into her eyes, long ago. He speaks to her again, this time slowly and calmly.

“..She awaits us in Valhalla, but we cannot rush to her...We shouldn’t mourn her, we should be proud of her..proud of ourselves..”

After a moment of silence, Skoll reaches out to touch her arm once again, but she recoils. He looks into her eyes again and sees her sorrowful expression shift into one of rage once again.

"Thunder of Sword and Shield..." She states angrily. She turns back to the bow of the ship and stands up on it's handrailing.

"JOTUN!! VALHALLA AWAITS US!!!" As she screams this, an aura blasts over the entire ship that freezes all of the Jotun in their tracks. Some of them begin to shiver and sweat, and others become weak at the knees. Skoll's vision blurs as sweat pours down his forehead. He knew this sensation well. It was why they called Hati their Chieftain, and it was one of the reasons Skoll had become infatuated with her to begin with. It was a power she had inherited from her father, the mightiest warrior in the Jotun's 900 year history-the power of a conqueror.

After a moment of silence, the Jotun all erupt into a massive battle-cry that shakes the ship violently and causes Skoll's vision to blur. Their cries of valor reverberate through his skin, his muscles, down into his heart. He closes his eyes and looks downwards in regret. His grip on Tartarus loosens.

"SKYWARD!!! ABOVE US!!!!"

Skoll's eyes open as every Jotun on the ship looks to the sky. Breaking through the darkened clouds above, were hundreds of giant glowing fists covered in flame, falling downwards towards the Jormungandr.

Skoll had been looking downward as he told Kyria and Malcolm this story. As he finished, he looks outwards to the seas, his whitened eyes fixated on the Horizon.

"...I have been punished for my foolishness. Blinded by the Allfathers as penance for my doubt."

Skoll holds Tartarus out in front of him.

"Had I been strong like my brothers, I would've been taken to Valhalla alongside them. I would not be here today, but I would be feasting in glory with my kin....but is that the truth? Have I been punished for my sins at the hands of Divine Judgment? Or am I only here due to random chance, my brethren having been killed by this "Akainu", while I survived out of sheer luck?"

Skoll stopped for a moment as he rested Tartarus back onto his right shoulder. He looks over towards Kyria and Malcolm.

"I suppose I am curious...What do the two of you make of all this? Do my kin await me in warrior's paradise?"

@Beerbottle @Owl Ki

Last edited:
"Npc talking"
Thinking
"Speaking"
Narration/actions

Skoll didn't answer.. Simply turned his back on us and continued to pull the ship..
The parrot came into view as it dropped a bag at my feet, I quickly retrieved it, checked its content.. It was my Devil Fruit, safe once more in my care. I took it out of the bag which I dropped back onto the deck.

I'm not taking the damn bag, got to make a point here.. My stuff is my stuff, her stuff is her stuff.

Hakucha threw herself on the back of the parrot, and after a brief glance at Skoll turned back to me as she said:
“There’s your Devil Fruit Kyria. Do whatever you want with it. I’m going to fly ahead for a bit...make sure Skoll doesn’t get lost. He is blind, after all...”
I chose to say nothing... For someone so selfrighteous.. She sure is a hypocrite in this situation.. Fucking ridiculous.
As we cleared the island maze.. Skoll... In his infinite wisdom chose to jump onto the ship.. Landing in a sitting position the ship groaned from the impact..

... I can actually hear the hull leaking again.. We're taking on water, this ship is doomed.. I'm not sure I'm happy or angry they seem to have as much bad luck with ships as I do..

By this point Skoll's legs were hanging out over the edge of the ship on the port side..

“Malcolm, Kyria, if you two would permit an old Jotun with far too many stories, I would like to share one with the two of you now. It was only three years ago...”
As Skoll told his story... I did not really know what to think.. Its not like I didn't understand that he saw me for what I am. A monster, that is going to drag myself and probably everyone around me into death.. The moment I thought about the Celestial Dragon though.. It just did not matter to me.

I'll drag the whole world to hell if I have to, no matter how much of a monster I become by the end of it.

On the other hand, there was also the other details from Skoll's story that interested me.

Fists of fire eh... That sounds eerily familiar.. Its probably Akainu.. But could there be other wills at play here..? Do I believe in a higher power? ... No.. The only thing I believe in fully is myself.. But.. People are running around with inhuman powers.. Who knows..?

"...I have been punished for my foolishness. Blinded by the Allfathers as penance for my doubt."

"Had I been strong like my brothers, I would've been taken to Valhalla alongside them. I would not be here today, but I would be feasting in glory with my kin....but is that the truth? Have I been punished for my sins at the hands of Divine Judgment? Or am I only here due to random chance, my brethren having been killed by this "Akainu", while I survived out of sheer luck?"

Skoll stopped for a moment as he rested Tartarus back onto his right shoulder. He looks over towards Kyria and Malcolm.

"I suppose I am curious...What do the two of you make of all this? Do my kin await me in warrior's paradise?"
My thoughts already in order, I didn't need to waste anymore time before voicing them..

"To my ears it does sound like Akainu.. Wether it was a greater will guiding him towards you and your comrades.. I do not know.. I'm also not sure it was a punishment for you or if it was a punishment for your comrades.. If you ever get to your Valhalla.. You'll know".

That said I looked out in front.. I could already make out the opening that signified the entrance to the Red Line.

Narrative
Thoughts
“Dialogue”
Skoll
Hakucha
Zodd

Hearing the words of his two crew mates sent a shock through his system, especially upon hearing that such a power was possessed by an Admiral of the Navy.

Skoll stood motionless in place for a few moments, silently contemplating what he had just learned.

...No...it doesn’t matter...what happened that day was Divine Judgment from the Allfathers...I should not think too much into it, I am no philosopher. I must continue to press on, towards Valhalla...

“Skoll?”

Skoll snaps back into reality. He turns his back on the crew and continues to pull the King Jesterie’s Revenge through the island maze, fast approaching the opening that would lead them out to Sea.

Hakucha looks upon him somberly. She had heard the story of the day his crew died, about how giant fists of fire had rained down from the darkened sky and obliterated the Jotun battleship, but she never knew how much of what Skoll said was actually true or not, given his strange words and beliefs. She was even stowed away on board the ship when it had happened, but she didn’t remember anything like what Skoll described.

Zodd soared back into view, carrying a sack in his clawed feet. As he flies over the bow, he drops the sack directly towards Kyria.

Hakucha, seeing Zodd approach, suddenly leaps into the air with surprising speed for such a little Dwarf, and Zodd flies under her, allowing her to mount him like a ride.

As she rides atop the parrot who glides alongside the ship, matching its pace, she continues to look upon Skoll for a moment before looking back down at Kyria.

Hakucha kicks her feet softly into Zodd’s neck, causing the Parrot to flap his wings more vigorously, and accelerate up into the air and away from her ship and crew.

As Skoll walks out into the open, clearing the island maze, he allows the ship to accelerate past him. When the ship’s midsection reaches him, he jumps onto its center, landing in a sitting position. The force of Skoll landing on the ship creaked every ounce of wood on the ship, and immediately split the segment of the hull that Hakucha had spent all night repairing right down the middle. The King Jesterie’s Revenge was now sailing out in the Open Seas, its trajectory was straight for the Red Line.

A gentle breeze blew Skoll’s graying beard as both of his legs hung from the port-side of the ship, being pulled through the water by the ship’s advance. Skoll had a somber look on his face as he stares out to Sea.

[Im going to tell this story in flashback format, but Skoll is telling Kyria and Malcolm all of this]

The Sun was setting to the ship’s East, and the sky was slowly darkening. Through the waters of the Grand Line sailed one of the largest pirate ships of all time, stretching over a thousand meters from bow to stern, and its deck floating a few hundred meters above the Sea. It was a ship called Jormungandr, and it was manned by the Giant clan consisting of almost 100 Giants who called themselves Jotun:

This was a crew that had pillaged the seas for almost a century, and this voyage would be her last. From the ship’s crow’s nest shouts a strong voice belonging to a 20 meter Jotun Archer named Skaoli:

“There they are! Dozens of them, easily!”

From various areas of the ship, each of the hundred Jotun look out ahead. In front of them, dozens of human ships scattered across the Horizon, belonging to the Navy of the World Government.

“Would you look at that?” the Jotun’s Vanguard Captain, a 70 Meter colossus named Bjorngarr states as he looks out ahead, “Turns out that it really is that easy-Kill a few dozen of those Nobles, and they really do send a Fleet that big!”

Bjorngarr turns towards the leader of the Jotun, who was standing at the ship’s bow looking ahead at the approaching fleet.

“They shouldn’t be too much trouble. We’ve killed so many Marines before, what’s another few thousand!!”

The 30 meter Chieftain of the Jotun was named Hati, and she did not turn to acknowledge Bjorngarr. Her thick black hair blew out behind her as the Jormungandr charged forward. Though her crew couldn't see her face, her eyes were bloodshot with rage. Without looking to her crew behind her, she addressed him:

“Full speed ahead. Don’t slow down, even when they start firing.”

“You heard the Chieftain!” Bjorngarr turns around and shouts toward the ship behind him. Holding his Axe upon his shoulder with one hand, he swings his giant weapon off of his shoulder and catches it with his other free hand. “Full sails, and ready yourselves for blood!”

The entire ship shook violently with deafening battle cries from the crazed Giants on board. Over a hundred of them all shouting into the sky, raising their weapons to the sky and gathering their fury. Skoll did not join in.

He walks up to his Chieftain with Tartarus resting on his left shoulder. He addressed her, not in the respectful demeanor of a subordinate, but with the low, passionate voice of a lover.

“Hati..you know we can’t face that many ships..not out at Sea as we are..”

“Then we go to Valhalla.” She responds without looking back to him.

Skoll gently grabs her right arm, just firmly enough for her to feel his presence.

“The Allfathers do not want this...they don’t want us to throw our lives away...”

Hati turns aggressively towards him, and Skoll’s grip on her arm is lost. Her wrathful gaze hones in on his orange-yellow eyes. “You are an outsider. You always have been. This is exactly what they want from us!”

“They want us to die meaningless deaths? To throw away our entire history?? You know this is not the way to Valhalla...”

“Glory in life! Valor in death! These are our tenants!! We will butcher every last enemy, and if not, then we will die the deaths that they demand us to!!”

“The Allfathers make no demands! Our destiny is ours to choose, not theirs!!”

“We make no choices!! Our paths are chosen for us, and we walk them as they demand of us!!!”

“THIS WILL NOT BRING HER BACK!!!”

At this, the shouting match comes to an end. Hati’s wrathful gaze turns to one of sorrow and grief as she stares into Skoll’s eyes. Her tears slowly begin to swell. For a moment, Skoll sees in her eyes a glimmer he had not seen in decades. His heart skips a beat, the way it used to when he gazed into her eyes, long ago. He speaks to her again, this time slowly and calmly.

“..She awaits us in Valhalla, but we cannot rush to her...We shouldn’t mourn her, we should be proud of her..proud of ourselves..”

After a moment of silence, Skoll reaches out to touch her arm once again, but she recoils. He looks into her eyes again and sees her sorrowful expression shift into one of rage once again.

"Thunder of Sword and Shield..." She states angrily. She turns back to the bow of the ship and stands up on it's handrailing.

"JOTUN!! VALHALLA AWAITS US!!!" As she screams this, an aura blasts over the entire ship that freezes all of the Jotun in their tracks. Some of them begin to shiver and sweat, and others become weak at the knees. Skoll's vision blurs as sweat pours down his forehead. He knew this sensation well. It was why they called Hati their Chieftain, and it was one of the reasons Skoll had become infatuated with her to begin with. It was a power she had inherited from her father, the mightiest warrior in the Jotun's 900 year history-the power of a conqueror.

After a moment of silence, the Jotun all erupt into a massive battle-cry that shakes the ship violently and causes Skoll's vision to blur. Their cries of valor reverberate through his skin, his muscles, down into his heart. He closes his eyes and looks downwards in regret. His grip on Tartarus loosens.

"SKYWARD!!! ABOVE US!!!!"

Skoll's eyes open as every Jotun on the ship looks to the sky. Breaking through the darkened clouds above, were hundreds of giant glowing fists covered in flame, falling downwards towards the Jormungandr.

Skoll had been looking downward as he told Kyria and Malcolm this story. As he finished, he looks outwards to the seas, his whitened eyes fixated on the Horizon.

@Beerbottle @Owl Ki
Malcolm pondered upon Skoll's question, his wrinkly right hand stroking his beard as he thought of how best to reply.

"Mine comrade Skoll, I say this as one who believes to another.... Strength of faith comes from within, not without. What mineself or Kyria make of your tale should be of little importance to thee."

Leaning against the railing of the ship, Malcolm reached into the neck of his red long sleeved shirt and pulled out a large, circular, silver pendant that was slightly larger than the palm of his hand.

The pendent was of an unusual but intricate design. It portrayed a large spider, it's eight legs attaching itself to the circular rim of the pendent, with markings on it's abdomen that resembled a human skull but with eight eyes, each eye socket marking being filled with a fine ruby gemstone.

"I am a believer of the Fortuna faith, the native religion of mine home island. As such, I am loyal to mine mistress, Lady Fate for she hath been mine companion throughout all these long years. I am certain that thou can understand a man's loyalty to his own faith."

Malcolm paused for a moment before continuing.

"Was it thine All Father or mine Lady that brought ruin to thine crew? Was it merely bad luck or planned providence? Or was it simply Akainu's might and nothing else?"

"The only truly honest answer that I can give is that I do not and cannot know. I can only believe, the same as you. So what doth thou believe, Skoll?"

Narrative
Thoughts
"Dialogue"
Hakucha
Skoll

Immediately after Skoll had asked his question, a burning fear shot through his chest. He started to sweat just a bit as his heartrate accelerated. A strange sensation came over him, as if he were being watched. Not by Kyria or Malcolm, but by his fallen brothers. It was as if he could feel the weight of their gazes staring down on him from the sky. In particular, he felt the same feeling the day that Hati had reminded him that he was an outsider, and he wasn't truly one of the Jotun. Skoll's brow clenched as he looks downward.

...What am I doing? Questioning the way of things again....My brothers would be ashamed of me...the Allfathers are frowning upon me, I can feel it...

As Skoll looks downward, Kyria and Malcolm both speak to him.

"To my ears it does sound like Akainu.. Wether it was a greater will guiding him towards you and your comrades.. I do not know.. I'm also not sure it was a punishment for you or if it was a punishment for your comrades.. If you ever get to your Valhalla.. You'll know".
"Mine comrade Skoll, I say this as one who believes to another.... Strength of faith comes from within, not without. What mineself or Kyria make of your tale should be of little importance to thee."
At this, a slight smile cracks across Skoll's face.

I don't know what I was expecting, asking such a question from the both of you...

Malcolm continues:

Leaning against the railing of the ship, Malcolm reached into the neck of his red long sleeved shirt and pulled out a large, circular, silver pendant that was slightly larger than the palm of his hand.

The pendent was of an unusual but intricate design. It portrayed a large spider, it's eight legs attaching itself to the circular rim of the pendent, with markings on it's abdomen that resembled a human skull but with eight eyes, each eye socket marking being filled with a fine ruby gemstone.

"I am a believer of the Fortuna faith, the native religion of mine home island. As such, I am loyal to mine mistress, Lady Fate for she hath been mine companion throughout all these long years. I am certain that thou can understand a man's loyalty to his own faith."

"Was it thine All Father or mine Lady that brought ruin to thine crew? Was it merely bad luck or planned providence? Or was it simply Akainu's might and nothing else?"

"The only truly honest answer that I can give is that I do not and cannot know. I can only believe, the same as you. So what doth thou believe, Skoll?"
Hearing Malcolm's words, Skoll's mind was completely blank.

I suppose that's the grander issue. I don't know what I believe, ever since that day...

Skoll's giant left hand reaches under his beard, and his fingers connect with the locket that hung just over his heart, and he runs his finger tips over it in circles.

You are no philosopher. You never have been. The fact is, there is only one way to reunite with them, to reunite with Hati and Aeda...

He pulls the locket out from under his beard without even realizing it, and fondles it a bit in his hand before placing it back underneath his facial hair. A soft smile creeps across his face as he puts the locket back underneath his beard. without looking towards Kyria and Malcolm, he speaks to them both:

"Thank you both for entertaining the foolish ramblings of an old fool. I hope the Allfathers will forgive me for this moment of doubt. Whether it was a Navy Admiral, or the Allfathers themselves that judged me, there is only one path that I can walk now..."

"Ahoy!! Change course!!!"

A familiar voice screams from afar.

Approaching the ship from atop a wildly squawking Zodd, Hakucha and the parrot fly back into view. The King Jesterie's Revenge was sailing straight for a massive Red Stone Wall, and was going to crash into her in a matter of minutes. Hakucha shouts as she flies towards the bow of the ship. She had a wild, excited smile on her face.

"One of you, turn us to port!! The ship is going to crash into the Red Line if you don't!! The entrance to Reverse Mountain is just a few moments of sailing away!!"