Naval Battle Open Sea (East Blue)

"Npc talking"
Thinking
"Speaking"
Narration/actions

Not that I was expecting any life shattering answers from this discussion, my mind was usually locked far too tight to my own personal goal for this type of abstract thinking. However, in the spirit of trying to keep the peace, I did wait for the response from my crewmates.

Malcolm, the old bugger decided to say his piece:
"Mine comrade Skoll, I say this as one who believes to another.... Strength of faith comes from within, not without. What mineself or Kyria make of your tale should be of little importance to thee."
I did not really know if I agreed with that or not. In some ways, it not just a question of faith, but also a question put to us about the characteristics of Akainu, since Skoll doesn't really know..

Any further deliberation was cut short.. The wind continued to play with my hair as we started to get eerily close to the mouth of Reverse Mountain, the entrance to the Grand Line. And Malcolm continued his speech:
Leaning against the railing of the ship, Malcolm reached into the neck of his red long sleeved shirt and pulled out a large, circular, silver pendant that was slightly larger than the palm of his hand.

The pendent was of an unusual but intricate design. It portrayed a large spider, it's eight legs attaching itself to the circular rim of the pendent, with markings on it's abdomen that resembled a human skull but with eight eyes, each eye socket marking being filled with a fine ruby gemstone.

"I am a believer of the Fortuna faith, the native religion of mine home island. As such, I am loyal to mine mistress, Lady Fate for she hath been mine companion throughout all these long years. I am certain that thou can understand a man's loyalty to his own faith."

Malcolm paused for a moment before continuing.

"Was it thine All Father or mine Lady that brought ruin to thine crew? Was it merely bad luck or planned providence? Or was it simply Akainu's might and nothing else?"

"The only truly honest answer that I can give is that I do not and cannot know. I can only believe, the same as you. So what doth thou believe, Skoll?"
What's with all this religion going around..? I sure hope none of them are real.. Life is hard enough and brutal enough with just us regular mortals running around.

It could all be damned to hell for all I cared, I lifted my gaze to Skoll, ready to suffer any answer he wanted to give, if he had any that is.
I watched as Skoll pulled a locket forth from beneath his beard, it was hard to make out all things considered, but honestly, I didn't much care. Skoll finally managed to address us both at long last:

"Thank you both for entertaining the foolish ramblings of an old fool. I hope the Allfathers will forgive me for this moment of doubt. Whether it was a Navy Admiral, or the Allfathers themselves that judged me, there is only one path that I can walk now..."
Death is it?.. My brother in spirit.. Don't die before I dye this earth red with the blood of my enemies.. But if it is our role to die together.. I think.. I hope I can spend my afterlife, with one such as yourself.. I do not understand your high regard for your captain.. But you have the spine to shoulder any horror you commit at least.

"Ahoy!! Change course!!!"

A familiar voice screams from afar.

Approaching the ship from atop a wildly squawking Zodd, Hakucha and the parrot fly back into view. The King Jesterie's Revenge was sailing straight for a massive Red Stone Wall, and was going to crash into her in a matter of minutes. Hakucha shouts as she flies towards the bow of the ship. She had a wild, excited smile on her face.

"One of you, turn us to port!! The ship is going to crash into the Red Line if you don't!! The entrance to Reverse Mountain is just a few moments of sailing away!!"
... Excitement started to fill me as we were finally starting to leave behind what mostly was a pretty safe area. Though not as safe, at least for us pirates, as it had been a few years back, before Whitebeard died and security got amped up. However, I knew that there was only one correct response to what was happening around me..

"Me controlling a ship is simply asking for bad luck.. Anyone else able to"?

Malcolm stared in awe at the breathtaking sight before him. Before his eyes was the single greatest mountain he had ever beheld, it's peak piercing the heavens as if it were a great spear. Yet, this was only a side note observation compared to the water that flowed up the mountain, stolen from the surrounding Blue Sea.

Truly, this world still hath many a wonder that mine eyes have yet to behold.
"Ahoy!! Change course!!!"

A familiar voice screams from afar.

Approaching the ship from atop a wildly squawking Zodd, Hakucha and the parrot fly back into view. The King Jesterie's Revenge was sailing straight for a massive Red Stone Wall, and was going to crash into her in a matter of minutes. Hakucha shouts as she flies towards the bow of the ship. She had a wild, excited smile on her face.

"One of you, turn us to port!! The ship is going to crash into the Red Line if you don't!! The entrance to Reverse Mountain is just a few moments of sailing away!!"
... Excitement started to fill me as we were finally starting to leave behind what mostly was a pretty safe area. Though not as safe, at least for us pirates, as it had been a few years back, before Whitebeard died and security got amped up. However, I knew that there was only one correct response to what was happening around me..

"Me controlling a ship is simply asking for bad luck.. Anyone else able to"?
Snapping out of his awestruck stupor, Malcolm addressed his crew mates.

"Leave it to mineself. I doth possess a dab hand for navigation and steering."

Malcolm quickly made his way to the ship's wheel and gripped it's smooth alder wood handles.

We are drifting to the starboard side too much. I need to turn hard to port side now!

Malcolm fought against the strong currents surrounding the ship and put his strength firmly into turning the ship to the left while being mindful not to break the wheel itself.

Steady..... steady.... YES!!!

The ship passed through the entrance, it's wood creaking under the strain of the vessel being catapulted upwards on the most powerful ocean current Malcolm had ever come across.

The immediate danger over, Malcolm relaxed though he kept his hands on the wheel just in case. His face split into a great grin as talked aloud.

"Well then mine comrades, a whole new world of adventure and riches awaits us. Let us make it memorable, shall we?"

Narrative
Thoughts
“Dialogue
Hakucha
Skoll

As Malcolm pulled turned the ship hard to the left, the massive vessel creeked and groaned as the current pulled her slowly towards the entrance to Reverse Mountain. Hakucha flew hundreds of feet above the ship atop Zodd, the parrots feathers blowing gracefully through the wind. She watched in awe as Malcolm had skillfully prevented the ship from smashing headfirst into the massive Rock Wall which towered high into the sky.

Still riding atop Zodd who glided gracefully above the massive ship, Hakucha reacted gleefully:

“Malcolm!! That was amazing!! You didn’t mention you knew how to steer!!”

Hakucha’s gleeful excitement turned to dread as she noticed that Malcolm was steering them straight towards the entrance of Reverse Mountain.

“Wait!!! Malcolm!! The ship is too big!! It’s not going to fit through the entrance!!”

Sitting in the middle of the ship, Skoll simply felt the ship turning beneath him, no idea what was actually happening around him. Hearing Hakucha’s words made him laugh. He lifted his massive legs onto the ship, planting his feet on the deck in a sitting position and resting his arms on his knees as he speaks:

“Tai ya ha ha, it’s too late to turn back now, Captain!”

The ship passed through the entrance, it's wood creaking under the strain of the vessel being catapulted upwards on the most powerful ocean current Malcolm had ever come across.
As the ship past through the entrance, both the starboard and port-side hulls immediately smashed into the rock walls on each side, grinding loudly as the ship squeezed through the entrance and was pulled upward. Huge chunks of the hull were torn off as the huge ship was forced through the small entrance. The path upwards was decorated with ornate stone archways, which the massive ship immediately struck like a spear and shattered, causing them to fall into the current below and damaging the front-side of the ship. The three masts of the ship supporting sail-supporting beams that extended outwards even more widely than the hull, and these beams had their ends torn off by entering the stone archway as well. The ship creaked and groaned violently as she was squeezed through the entrance.

Gliding atop Zodd a hundred feet above the ship, Hakucha grabbed both of her bangs with both hands in terror as the ship was loudly torn to pieces. Skoll, sitting in the middle of the ship, simply smiled gleefully as he felt the ship grinding against the stone wall beneath him.

As the excess parts of the ship were finished being torn off by the surrounding stone wall, the ship finally begun to sail peacefully up the current, though to still call it a “ship” as this point was being generous. With the side hulls ground off, the sails having fallen off of the ship since their support beams were torn off, and the front of the ship damaged from sailing through the stone archways, the current vessel they rode atop was a ticking time-bomb that could sink at any moment.

Zodd landed atop the Crow’s Nest as Hakucha jumped off of him and landed on the Crow’s Nest railing. She looked down at the ravaged ship below, which was being pulled up aggressively by the Red Line’s current. The look of panic on her face was extremely apparent.

This is no good!! It’s going to sink at any moment!!

"Well then mine comrades, a whole new world of adventure and riches awaits us. Let us make it memorable, shall we?"
Hearing Malcolm’s words of excitement, unable to process their current predicament, Hakucha passes out and faints in the Crow’s Nest.

Hearing Malcolm’s words, Skoll lifts Tartarus with his right hand and points it to the sky as their ship is pulled up the Reverse Mountain. The mountain itself towered up over the clouds, and the Swan Pirates were fast approaching the cloud-line and would soon be pulled above it. Skoll couldn’t see the world around him, but he could feel himself being pulled upward towards the clouds. His giant voice bellows:

“Onward! Towards the Grand Line!”

Last edited:
"Npc talking"
Thinking
"Speaking"
Narration/actions

I watched as Malcolm ran for the wheel as Hakucha shouted:
“Malcolm!! That was amazing!! You didn’t mention you knew how to steer!!”
For once I had a very normal reaction as I heaved a sigh of relief at not having to try my hand at steering the ship myself. Thank goodness Malcolm has some experience in this field.. Then Hakucha screamed again, and I groaned.
“Wait!!! Malcolm!! The ship is too big!! It’s not going to fit through the entrance!!”
... Very, very dejectetly I thought to myself.. Too late now.. Can't stop this.

Skoll that mad giant just started to laugh:
“Tai ya ha ha, it’s too late to turn back now, Captain!”
I watched as the ship passed through the entrance to Reverse Mountain. Then the destruction started.. At first I had a sane reaction, that being horror at the ship getting ripped to shreds along the sides.. The watergates that were along the path leading up the mountain getting damaged themselves as the ship's sides crashed into them.

Gotta focus now I suppose.

I activated my Observation Haki to better keep track of the damages to the ship better..

Heh.. Good lord, well, I guess we'll have to steal a new ship real soon.

I stared incredulously at Malcolm, and at how optimistic he said that.

Then I felt my captain.. Hakucha faint in the crow's nest.

Not good.

I sprinted and jumped up towards the crow's nest, the wind actually helping me along. I landed at the railings of the crow's nest. My bulk far too big to actually fit in there, as I scooped Hakucha up in my right hand I looked forward at the long slope we were climbing. Getting higher and higher.

I started to laugh like a maniac.. I couldn't help it.

"Aahahahahahhahhaahahahahahhahahahaha!!!!!!! Wake up captain!!!"

I poked her in the ribs, not too gently I might add.

"We've just taken a big step towards going to the places we need to get stronger to realise our dreams.. And you're sleeping!!!?"

"Ahahahahahahha!!!"

We were almost at the top now, we were already above the clouds.. Then suddenly, there we were.. Gazing at what was below us, this moment in time slowed down for me as I said to Hakucha

"Wake up.. This really is one of the things you have to see". My voice was softer now, for once devoid of the murderous killing intent I emanated wherever I went.

@Owl Ki @Fleet Admiral Lee Hung

Malcolm grinned as he sensed his crew mate's reactions. From Skoll's bellowing exclamation, to Kyria's manic laughter, to Hakucha's spirit flickering as she passed out.

Malcolm looked behind him to catch one final glimpse of the life that he was leaving behind, only to notice something else instead.

I distinctly remember there being significantly more wood attached to this sailing vessel.

It was at this point that cloud vapour started to roll over the ship like a blanket of smoke. It quickly poured over the deck and dissapated as the ship neared the summit of the great mountain.

By the Lady....

As the ship reached the summit, the deafening roar of water reached a cacophonous crescendo as the gravity defying saltwater rivers from each of the four blue Seas merged into one.

The ship was launched directly upwards into the air, tonnes of wood being sent dozens of metres upwards....

CRACK!!!!

With the rear half of the ship promptly splitting off at the Skoll made crack down the middle of the vessel and falling back down into the blue sea, it's bulk swallowed into nothingness by white clouds.

Unperturbed, Malcolm calmly addressed his comrades.

"I doth believe it to be an appropriate time to abandon ship."

Without any further ado, Malcolm raced towards the side of the ship, took a running hop onto the railing and pushed his legs with all his might to make a great jump onto the face of the mountain, the railing left far behind him being utterly destroyed in the process.

@Beerbottle @Fleet Admiral Lee Hung

Narrative
Thoughts
"Dialogue"
Hakucha
Skoll

As the gargantuan and horribly damaged vessel is pulled up towards the clouds, Kyria jumps up to the Crow's Nest of the ship towards where Hakucha lie unconscious:

I started to laugh like a maniac.. I couldn't help it.

"Aahahahahahhahhaahahahahahhahahahaha!!!!!!! Wake up captain!!!"

I poked her in the ribs, not too gently I might add.

"We've just taken a big step towards going to the places we need to get stronger to realise our dreams.. And you're sleeping!!!?"

"Ahahahahahahha!!!"
As Hakucha slowly regained consciousness, the darkness all around her fades and her blurred vision slowly sharpens into focus. A giant finger repeatedly smashes down on her torso, causing her entire body to shake each time it struck her. At first, Hakucha's facial expression remained indifferent as she continuously convulsed each time Kyria's massive finger struck her, but as she finally realized what was happening, she started to flail her limbs up and down rapidly, trying futily to get Kyria to stop.

"Oi!! Kyria!! What the hell?! I'm awake, I'm awake!!!"

Hakucha's limbs continued to flail, but Kyria's massive finger had stopped poking her. As Hakucha calmed herself, she suddenly heard a much calmer, more awe-struck voice from Kyria:

"Wake up.. This really is one of the things you have to see". My voice was softer now, for once devoid of the murderous killing intent I emanated wherever I went.
Hakucha looks to her sides to see a sight that she would remember for the rest of her life.

The King Jesterie's Revenge had been sent dozens of meters flying into the air as the ship had finally reached the peak of Reverse Mountain. Surrounding the entire crew, only the tops of white clouds as well as the mountain peak were visible. This was the first time in her life that Hakucha had been above the clouds, and she stared out for a moment in complete awe, momentarily unaware of the inertia of having been sent flying into the sky.

"Whoah...This is..."

Skoll merely sat in place, barely having moved as he had been sent flying into the air. The world around him was dark as always, the only thing that he could feel was the inertia that overtook him in mid-air. It wasn't a feeling like him experienced very often, and it was quite a distinct feeling that he easily recognized every time. With Tartarus resting on his shoulder, a thought passes through Skoll's mind.

I wonder how up in the sky we are now...if by some chance, that if I hadn't lost my sight, if I could somehow make out some sign of Valhalla, this high up in the world...

As the awe overtaking the crew rests for a moment, suddenly a massive groaning and tearing noise occurs right underneath Skoll.

The ship was launched directly upwards into the air, tonnes of wood being sent dozens of metres upwards....

CRACK!!!!

With the rear half of the ship promptly splitting off at the Skoll made crack down the middle of the vessel and falling back down into the blue sea, it's bulk swallowed into nothingness by white clouds.
The ship itself tears clean in half right underneath Skoll, it's rear half disappearing as it descends through the white sea beneath them. Now only half of the ship remained, and it was beginning to fall straight downwards.

"I doth believe it to be an appropriate time to abandon ship."

Without any further ado, Malcolm raced towards the side of the ship, took a running hop onto the railing and pushed his legs with all his might to make a great jump onto the face of the mountain, the railing left far behind him being utterly destroyed in the process.
As Kyria and Hakucha began to fall, Kyria fell much faster than she did, and she flies from his grasp as Kyria descends with the ship. As Hakucha fell relatively slowly, she frequently jumped from the sky to land in places far below her and was used to this feeling.

"Oi, Zodd!"

The Parrot doesn't skip a beat, it flies toward Hakucha and she grabs onto his neck and mounts him. Zodd then flies towards the mountain peak with Hakucha right on his back.

Skoll continues to fall with the bow half of the ship. Instictively, he rotates his body through the air with surprising agility for a 60 Meter Giant, and faces Reverse Mountain as he falls. He flips Tartarus around to it's bladed end, and as he descends to the mountain side, swings Tartarus's blade onto the rocky edge as a way to slow his fall. Tartarus strikes the mountain with a loud clang as Skoll's feat strike the mountain with a huge boom, and he rigorously strains against gravity to stop his fall. Skoll winces in pain as the wound on his right leg screeches at him, but only slid down a dozen meters or so before his momentum is tamed. With Tartarus embedded into the rocks, and with his feat planted on the mountain side, Skoll turns his body to look out over the horizon, holding onto Tartarus with only his right hand. Hakucha and Zodd land on the peak of the mountain, Hakucha still mounting him like a horse. She stares out onto the Horizon, only a white sea in sight. After a moment of quiet, she speaks with a look on determination on her face:

"This is it...the Grand Line...our journey will be much harder from here on out..."

She rests her hand on her sheathed cutlass.

"But we can do this...Soon enough, the entire world will know who we are! The Swan Pirates, the future crew of the Pirate King!!"

Skoll stares out over the Horizon, seeing nothing while feeling a gentle breeze pass over him.

"The Grand Line...It's been a few years.."

With his free left hand, he reaches under his beard and touches the locket that rests over his heart.

Valhalla awaits me, and this is where I shall finally be called home.

@Beerbottle @Owl Ki

"Npc talking"
Thinking
"Speaking"
Narration/actions

The ship had started to fly through the air, my stomach felt like it was flyinig as well.
What a sight.. A content sigh escaped my lips as I noticed Hakucha moving around:
I couldn't help but agree with her sentiment, I wouldn't have minded enjoying this sight for much longer. It was simply that spectacular.
CRACK!!!!

"Ahahahaha!!" I couldn't help but laugh. The ship broke down more every second. The ground broke underneath my feet as I fell through the air, I had no time to think about Hakucha. She is too small and I simply had trouble getting my bearings as I tumbled between the broken debris of the ship.

"Aahahahahaha!" Laughing madly again I felt my feet land on a big piece of timber that had broken off from the ship, I had no time to think, I simply jumped off and up through the air. Using different pieces of debris I made myself further upwards, until I landed on a bigger piece of the ship, ran to the edge of it and threw myself at the cliffside. My fingers slipped for a few seconds before they found purchase, I gripped it as I looked back. I noticed Hakucha flying on Zodd the parrot. I felt the mountainside tremble, then saw that Skoll had used his hammer to get a hold of the cliff.

Not too shabby, not too shabby at all.

I noticed Malcolm were already safe as well.
"But we can do this...Soon enough, the entire world will know who we are! The Swan Pirates, the future crew of the Pirate King!!"
It was a little hard to hear, but I did catch the last part of what Hakucha said.

Indeed, one step closer to killing every Celestial Dragon...

@Owl Ki @Fleet Admiral Lee Hung

Malcolm dusted himself off as he got to his feet. The fall itself had not been that bad. Malcolm had covered all of his limbs in Armament Haki and grabbed onto mountain side, his left arm and leg being what stabilized him.

Unfortunately, he barely had any time to get a breather before a torrential rockfall rained down upon him from above as Skoll attached himself to the mountain via giant bladed hammer.

Hence the copious amounts of dust.

Could hath been worse. The boat mayhaps be gone but at least the crew are all in fine fettle... Well, as fine as a blind Giant, a mentally unstable swordsman, a daredevil geriatric and bipedal gerbil can get.

That being said, while Malcolm always kept his weapons on him at all times, he had unfortunately left some items of clothing in the bow of the ship that had gone into the Grand Line. Namely his full body cloak and his hat.

Malcom spat out a lump of rock the size of a hard boiled sweet as he pondered this inconvenience.

Could hath been better though.

Looking out over the spectacle of the great expanse of the Grand Line before him, a smile graced the aged wanderer's lips.

Then again, twas worth it for this fine view.

Malcolm laughed jovially as he addressed his crew mates.

"Well, we certainly made the beginning memorable. This is going to be a truly epic odyssey indeed!"

At that moment, a chill wind went right through Malcolm.

A pity about mine cloak though....

The same wind breezed over his scalp.

and my hat.

@Beerbottle @Fleet Admiral Lee Hung