Opinion - Dante is a Cooler Villain than Zenon

Who Do You Prefer?

• Total voters

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
No fancy introduction here lol. I like Dante more than Zenon. Sure Dante has had more focus so far, but I still think he’s cooler.

Dante has an air of Charisma and Confidence about himself. Like he knows he’s better than you are. Look at his demeanor:

Hands in pockets, no fucks given, nonchalantly reacting to Asta’s charge, and then when he pins Asta:

He still doesn’t give af lol. These are like Doflamingo levels of charisma.

He tries to pick up Vanessa:

I think the reason Dante Lucifero’s Gravity/Spatial Magic and not his own, has to do with how Dante sees life:

Dante thinks the realm of the Devils is far more interesting than the human world. He undoubtedly thinks of Devil-kind as being superior to humankind, and thus he almost exclusively uses Lucifero’s Magic at first, even stating that he never thought that he’d have to use his own magic:

Dante’s view on the human world and humans being inferior to Demons and the Demon realm undoubtedly explains why he doesn’t want to use his own magic in favor of Lucifero’s lol.

Little did he know how hard Yami and Asta would push him. Tabata really outdid himself on Dante’s Hulking Form:

I think it’s fitting that a boss like Dante would be chosen by the Devil King himself:

As Dante’s ridiculous levels of $wag and confidence make him stand above Zenon imo.

That’s all lol. No super in depth post here, I just think Dante is awesome. Zenon is cool too but Dante is my preferred member of the Spade Trio Lol.

@Light D Lamperouge @playa4321 @Seth @BangMi @djiayebee @God_Aizen @Gol D. Roger @Greenbeard @Guan Yu @Marimo_420 @playa4321 @Rhealuna @Van

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
So if you want to blame someone for Dante's confidence in his skill do it on Lucifero because he was providing him with op offensive attribute and boosting his own body magic that can basically recreate a fatal blow which further pushed his self-confidence and belief that he's untouchable.
I am not bothered by Dante's loss in the slightest lol. Dante's loss to me was completely believable in a manner that does not incriminate his power level in the slightest. Dante is very much a Top Tier Mage, very much more powerful than Yami (at least with Lucifero's Magic and Mana to help him), and Yami openly admitted that he stood no chance at defeating Dante on his own and that Asta's anti-magic was required to actually win.

When you look at Yami vs Patri, in comparison to a stronger version of Yami vs Dante, it's clear that Dante was overwhelming him to a massive extent right from the start and that Yami stood little to no chance at actually winning if it weren't for Asta lol. And Yami himself admits this.

But right from the beginning, let's be real, we all knew my man Dante was going to lose when Tabata put him in a 1v2 against literally the two most iconic and popular characters in the Manga, and then used the fight as an opportunity to start parralleling the similarities between Asta and Yami, and then focusing on how Asta's idolization of Yami fuels his growth as a Wizard (if it's even appropriate to call Asta a Wizard lol).

Dante had L Flags right from the start, and I'm fine with this as Dante is essentially a warmup for the real big-bad of this arc, which is Lucifero.

Am I surprised by Dante's loss? Yes. Despite one of the most hype moments of the year for me ( read Dante vs Yami ) I really think that a small bunch of people expected Dante to lose here. We were joking like haha Yami is a G. Dante is done but deep inside everyone knew that Dante has fucked up magic that can recreate anything from him.
Yea like I said above, there was no way Tabata was about to put Asta and Yami up against Dante and have them lose lmfao. It was too big of a moment for their characters, especially Asta.

Asta's 40-second mode is probably the most broken spell in the universe so Dante losing after an Extreme diff fight is nothing to be ashamed of especially that Yami is a Wizard King candidate for a lot of people in the fandom maybe not from the character's standpoint but power wise he's definitely coming there.
Dante was effectively invincible to Yami with his Healing Body Magic, and Dante's (Lucifero's) singularity may just be the single most overpowered spell we've ever seen in Black Clover as not even Yami's Dimension cutter could actually cut this spell. Dante also ripped Vanessa's cat Rouge apart which imo is still one of the craziest things I've ever seen in a Manga lol.

But yeah, Dante's loss was respectable and did not incriminate his power level in the slightest. In a 1v1 vs any Clover Captain, Dante is still winning that matchup.

Agreed. Zenon is really flat and his innate power being Kimimaro shit isn't all that cool either imo. Dante and Vanica made huge splashes for me.

Initially, it seemed to be Dante for me. Currently Zenon, and it's probably not close. The others were way too crazy for my liking (though I won't deny that they were fun in their own right as well) and Zenon ended up having a very solid backstory and motivations behind. I really liked the direction that his character took by the end of the Spade Arc, so he gets my vote.

Of course, Lucius >> All :goyea:

Light D Lamperouge

𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝕮𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝕳𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖊𝖓
Initially, it seemed to be Dante for me. Currently Zenon, and it's probably not close. The others were way too crazy for my liking (though I won't deny that they were fun in their own right as well) and Zenon ended up having a very solid backstory and motivations behind. I really liked the direction that his character took by the end of the Spade Arc, so he gets my vote.
Zenon supremacy. 2nd best Zogratis for sure.

Mashiro Blue

𝓦𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝓾𝓹𝓸𝓷 𝓪 𝓼𝓱𝓸𝓸𝓽𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓼𝓽𝓪𝓻 ✰
Aside from Lucius I would say Vanica was pretty entertaining to read. Maybe or maybe not above Zenon.

Dante is last for me. Extremely cocky villains are a meh from me.

Last edited: