Parasite (2019)

Im interested. I will give it a watch then
Post automatically merged:

Ok this movie was utterly amazing. Loved it sooooo fucking much. Everything was set up and it was all executed perfectly.

However I thought of a massive plot hole. Where do the police think the basement killer came from ?? Surely they would carry out an investigation and the Kim family ( poor family) would reveal the things about the secret basement. Then after that the police would find the poor dad and arrest him.

Last edited:
H

Homelander

Parasite won 4 oscars including best picture.

First time an Asian movie won an oscar for best pictures .

My hope for oscar not being hollywood sellout has given hope talent can win anywhere.

Parasite won 4 oscars including best picture.

First time an Asian movie won an oscar for best pictures .

My hope for oscar not being hollywood sellout has given hope talent can win anywhere.
First foreign movie to win Best Picture period i think.

Hollywood being sellout can be argued, though in the end the voters are industry people, actors, directors and outstanding crew members, and they often times only look at domestic stuff, especially only Hollywood stuff, and by extension some British stuff.
And many years, the international movies nominated were better than the ones nominated in best picture, it´s just they did not let the two categories influence each other. Let the foreign movies have one category, and then Hollywood as a whole can pat each other on the back about their achievements.
Often times the actors and crewmembers in international movies were not even allowed in other categories besides foreign film.
And this would all be perfectly fine if the Oscars claimed to be a domestic award, it isn´t and does not though, they claim to represent each year as a whole, and that has always been a huge hypocrisy.
That´s why "real film fans" (yep, sounds pretentious) often times preferred Venice and Cannes.
You can also count the amount of directors nominated for a non-English movie on max two hands, let alone won.

This year really was different, best actor had Banderas in Spanish speaking role, and Parasite of course.
Obviously, they still will mostly feature English speaking films and roles, but it might set a precedent which might improve it.

Is it a fun movie to watch..??
Yup an amazing movie !

First foreign movie to win Best Picture period i think.

Hollywood being sellout can be argued, though in the end the voters are industry people, actors, directors and outstanding crew members, and they often times only look at domestic stuff, especially only Hollywood stuff, and by extension some British stuff.
And many years, the international movies nominated were better than the ones nominated in best picture, it´s just they did not let the two categories influence each other. Let the foreign movies have one category, and then Hollywood as a whole can pat each other on the back about their achievements.
Often times the actors and crewmembers in international movies were not even allowed in other categories besides foreign film.
And this would all be perfectly fine if the Oscars claimed to be a domestic award, it isn´t and does not though, they claim to represent each year as a whole, and that has always been a huge hypocrisy.
That´s why "real film fans" (yep, sounds pretentious) often times preferred Venice and Cannes.
You can also count the amount of directors nominated for a non-English movie on max two hands, let alone won.

This year really was different, best actor had Banderas in Spanish speaking role, and Parasite of course.
Obviously, they still will mostly feature English speaking films and roles, but it might set a precedent which might improve it.
Yes it is the first Foreign Film to win !! Not only that but first Foreign Language as well.
Post automatically merged:

First half was amazing, second was okay. Overall Good.
Second half was the best part:oops:

I hope people will open up to Korean movies or Asian movies in general now, there are a lot of gems out there.

Their movies industry is obviously not anything close to Hollywood in size (though China is actually getting close, but there is a lot of garbage similarly to Hollywood) but quality over quantity.

I hope people will open up to Korean movies or Asian movies in general now, there are a lot of gems out there.

Their movies industry is obviously not anything close to Hollywood in size (though China is actually getting close, but there is a lot of garbage similarly to Hollywood) but quality over quantity.
Yup defintely got me more interested. Im currently watching Memories of Murder.

Oh yeah, the movie regarded as Jo´s masterpiece before Parasite came along.
Mother is also great, and the Host has an interesting spin on action horror movies.
And Snowpiercer was great too, his only English movie iirc.
Oh yeah I watched half of Snowpiecer. However I didnt like it much. The story seemed messy and the CGI was pretty bad. I read somewhere that the story needs 6 hours if it needs to be done correctly....thats why a TV show version will come out.

However Im looking forward to watching The Host next, and watching Strangers from Hell as a nice Drama.

Oh yeah I watched half of Snowpiecer. However I didnt like it much. The story seemed messy and the CGI was pretty bad. I read somewhere that the story needs 6 hours if it needs to be done correctly....thats why a TV show version will come out.

However Im looking forward to watching The Host next, and watching Strangers from Hell as a nice Drama.
It was too fast-paced but the setup and the meaning behind it makes the deal.
Regarding CGI, yep it was not so great, since low-budgeted and all, but the movie is hardly cgi-dependent.
A few shots of the outside.
But i would not call the story messy to be honest.

It was too fast-paced but the setup and the meaning behind it makes the deal.
Regarding CGI, yep it was not so great, since low-budgeted and all, but the movie is hardly cgi-dependent.
A few shots of the outside.
But i would not call the story messy to be honest.
I didnt like the fight against those mercenary like people. Didnt seem realistic at all. Like they kept on getting killed but like they kept on respawning. And they also had no weapons. And then some random kid gets a flame torch and stuff, yet everyone is still magically alive. I didnt like it. Took me out. But I can assume it has a good ending.

I didnt like the fight against those mercenary like people. Didnt seem realistic at all. Like they kept on getting killed but like they kept on respawning. And they also had no weapons. And then some random kid gets a flame torch and stuff, yet everyone is still magically alive. I didnt like it. Took me out. But I can assume it has a good ending.
This is a good summary and interpretation of the movie