Phantom Troupe Discussion Thread

My favourite is obviously Chrollo.

I also really love Phinks because he has a creative enhancer power. Most enhancing techniques are pretty much similar...so kudos for him of thinking of that hatsu.

I also really love Pakunoda, her design and personality is cool af. I wish we got to see more of her in combat tho. But now shes dead.

OT: I do believe Shizuku will be the next to die...as she along with Kortopi, Shalnark and Paku were to die. Now since theyre all dead, she must be next.

I dont think best boi Kurapika will kill her tho, since she probably wasnt their when the Kurta were massacred. So I assume she will find Hisoka first and he will end her.

Tbh I feel like the only spider gurranteed to be killed by Kurapika will be Chrollo. And their fight will be fucking legendary. Man I wish Togashi gets to that point:yonjidoggy:

It is difficult to say who I like the most since every one of them has his/her character, motives, values etc. they are all very well done. It is pretty much the warlords but maybe even with deeper characters, since there are bonds within them, and way better than Nardo's Akatsuki.

Probably Chrollo, his thoughtful and complex personality (we have seen sadness for Ubovgin, rage for Shalnark and Kortopi, playful and challenging with Zeno) are fascinating. After him there is probably Hiei Feitan or even Nobunaga, Shizaku is good too and even Kalluto, it is already difficult to pull a 2nd :p

Yet imo they will not die, at the very least not all of them. Chrollo vs Hisoka was already a dead match but that felt strange from the very strange since Togashi could not burn Hisoka nor Chrollo, he spended too much time to make their characters which are loved by all the fandom and are symbols of HxH almost as Gon and Killua. So imo some spiders will die, probably even on the ship if the s*** hits the fan (they find Hisoka and so Kurapika and we have an awesome love triangle Kurapika -> Chrollo -> Hisoka not to count the other spiders and even Illumi lol plus the zodiacs and princes who have to keep the peace on the ship, that will probably be the last thing which happens on the ship, after that it could even sink lol), but of course not Chrollo nor Hisoka and not even Illumi (even if imo he is more expandable than Chrollo and Hisoka), they risked their lives not long ago (manga time at least) and like I said vefoire are HxH symbols. They could die but at the very end of the manga, that would be the only acceptable places for the likes of Chrollo and Hisoka to die. Then, I expect, or I would like to see, some spider action on the dark continent. That would be the first time we see the spider actually cornered to take something seriously, maybe even some group work (excluding what Chrollo did with Shalnark and Kortopi).

It is difficult to say who I like the most since every one of them has his/her character, motives, values etc. they are all very well done. It is pretty much the warlords but maybe even with deeper characters, since there are bonds within them, and way better than Nardo's Akatsuki.

Probably Chrollo, his thoughtful and complex personality (we have seen sadness for Ubovgin, rage for Shalnark and Kortopi, playful and challenging with Zeno) are fascinating. After him there is probably Hiei Feitan or even Nobunaga, Shizaku is good too and even Kalluto, it is already difficult to pull a 2nd :p

Yet imo they will not die, at the very least not all of them. Chrollo vs Hisoka was already a dead match but that felt strange from the very strange since Togashi could not burn Hisoka nor Chrollo, he spended too much time to make their characters which are loved by all the fandom and are symbols of HxH almost as Gon and Killua. So imo some spiders will die, probably even on the ship if the s*** hits the fan (they find Hisoka and so Kurapika and we have an awesome love triangle Kurapika -> Chrollo -> Hisoka not to count the other spiders and even Illumi lol plus the zodiacs and princes who have to keep the peace on the ship, that will probably be the last thing which happens on the ship, after that it could even sink lol), but of course not Chrollo nor Hisoka and not even Illumi (even if imo he is more expandable than Chrollo and Hisoka), they risked their lives not long ago (manga time at least) and like I said vefoire are HxH symbols. They could die but at the very end of the manga, that would be the only acceptable places for the likes of Chrollo and Hisoka to die. Then, I expect, or I would like to see, some spider action on the dark continent. That would be the first time we see the spider actually cornered to take something seriously, maybe even some group work (excluding what Chrollo did with Shalnark and Kortopi).
Shizuku is destined to die as she was one of the pepple written to die. I also think Kurapika will get to kill Chrollo. The way the Kurta clan Murders were depicted in the manga is purely horrifying, and Phantom Troupe truly are sadistic psychopaths that need some kind of punishment. Kurapika slaying all of them in front of Chrollo's eyes would be perfect....but I dont think Togashi would want to go such a dark route with Kurapika....who lacks Gon's qualities. If Kurapika did such a thing, it would be hard for his character to get out of such a state.

However I do believe he deserves to kill Chrollo at the end of day, the one who orcheasrated the massacre. Hisoka may kill a few others and the rest will luckily survive.

I really do see the Phantom Troupe as a truely unique group. As how they can murder innoccent people so easily, yet are able to have social and loving bonds amongest each other is rattling.

Last edited:
Shizuku is destined to die as she was one of the pepple written to die. I also think Kurapika will get to kill Chrollo. The way the Kurta clan Murders were depicted in the manga is purely horrifying, and Phantom Troupe truly are sadistic psychopaths that need some kind of punishment. Kurapika slaying all of them in front of Chrollo's eyes would be perfect....but I dont think Togashi would want to go such a dark route with Kurapika....who lacks Gon's qualities. If Kurapika did such a thing, it would be hard for his character to get out of such a state.

However I do believe he deserves to kill Chrollo at the end of day, the one who orcheasrated the massacre. Hisoka may kill a few others and the rest will luckily survive.

I really do see the Phantom Troupe as a truely unique group. As how they can murder innoccent people so easily, yet are able to have social and loving bonds amongest each other is rattling.

Yet imo Togashi, like Oda with Ace, wanted to show us that the revenge brings only more sorrow and so it is bad and that was by making Gon and Killua work not towards helping Kurapika to kill Chrollo but towards having him avoid that. Also how tragic and bloodlusted Kurapika becomes every time there is his revenge involved and on the top of that he loses his main feature which is his composure and ability to think about what is happening and make incredible plans. So imo Kurapika true end game will be to let his revenge go and maybe live his life with a recovered melody (or his friends)(also how Melody commented on Kurapika's heart beat when enraged) pacefully.

Also there would probably be some Kurapika vs spiders action but we had already a good portion if York shin arc about that. I don't know how Togashi will play them but imo not too many deaths, 2 or 3 at best on the ship (also kudos for the death count and Shizuku, didn't notice that), he killing them all or almost it is an EoS thing if that happens at all, like you posted they are a group of very good characters with a very good chemistry, one of the most important HxH groups, kill and so cancel them now is way worse than having them keeping to hang around (it would be like if Oda suddebly erased the warlords or the marines, if that will ever happen it is EoS stuff).

Last edited:
Yet imo Togashi, like Oda with Ace, wanted to show us that the revenge brings only more sorrow and so it is bad and that was by making Gon and Killua work not towards helping Kurapika to kill Chrollo but towards having him avoid that. Also how tragic and bloodlusted Kurapika becomes every time there is his revenge involved and on the top of that he loses his main feature which is his composure and ability to think about what is happening and make incredible plans. So imo Kurapika true end game will be to let his revenge go and maybe live his life with a recovered melody (or his friends)(also how Melody commented on Kurapika's heart beat when enraged) pacefully.

Also there would probably be some Kurapika vs spiders action but we had already a good portion if York shin arc about that. I don't know how Togashi will play them but imo not too many deaths, 2 or 3 at best on the ship (also kudos for the death count and Shizuku, didn't notice that), he killing them all or almost it is an EoS thing, like you posted they are a group of very good characters with a very good chemistry, one of the most important HxH groups, kill and so cancel them now is way worse than having them keeping to hang around (it would be like if Oda suddebly erased the warlords or the marines, if that will ever happen it is EoS stuff).
But to be fair Meureum and the Royal Guards are gone. And they were a very good villain group.

But yh I do think the end of the spiders is EoS material. Either Chrollo dies or admits his mistakes to Kurapika and asks for forgiveness. I dont see him asking for forgiveness, judging by the type of character Togashi created. So hes getting offed by someone. Either Kurapika or Hisoka....

However I have an interesting idea. It is brought up time and time again, that if the spider loses any of its limbs or heads....they can be replaced with new people. Showing that on the outside the spiders really dont care for their comrades and see them as easily replaceable. However it is shown time and time again that they would do anything to save a comrade or avanege them. Shown by how they wanted to save Chrollo, or avenge the dead spiders. Chrollo was extremely saddened each time a spider died and in my opinion it seems to be taking a toll on him.

I could see Chrollo having a mental breakdown if all the Spiders are killed or something along those lines. Or perhaps Kurapika threatens a Spider right in front of Chrollo and forces him to confess and apologise. Would be pretty interesting...

Best possible endgame is that Kurapika doesnt kill them but forces them to submit and get arrested. They wont be able to commit crime anymore and Kurapika wont go down that dark path.

However knowing that its Togashi, he may have Kurapika kill one more spider, to show him that killing them doesnt make his pain go away.

But to be fair Meureum and the Royal Guards are gone. And they were a very good villain group.

But yh I do think the end of the spiders is EoS material. Either Chrollo dies or admits his mistakes to Kurapika and asks for forgiveness. I dont see him asking for forgiveness, judging by the type of character Togashi created. So hes getting offed by someone. Either Kurapika or Hisoka....

However I have an interesting idea. It is brought up time and time again, that if the spider loses any of its limbs or heads....they can be replaced with new people. Showing that on the outside the spiders really dont care for their comrades and see them as easily replaceable. However it is shown time and time again that they would do anything to save a comrade or avanege them. Shown by how they wanted to save Chrollo, or avenge the dead spiders. Chrollo was extremely saddened each time a spider died and in my opinion it seems to be taking a toll on him.

I could see Chrollo having a mental breakdown if all the Spiders are killed or something along those lines. Or perhaps Kurapika threatens a Spider right in front of Chrollo and forces him to confess and apologise. Would be pretty interesting...

Best possible endgame is that Kurapika doesnt kill them but forces them to submit and get arrested. They wont be able to commit crime anymore and Kurapika wont go down that dark path.

However knowing that its Togashi, he may have Kurapika kill one more spider, to show him that killing them doesnt make his pain go away.
True about Meruem and his royal guards but imo aside that they were an one arc thing like other groups (see Gensuru and his group in the GI arc) they overlapped a bit with the troupe itself (group of complex characters who have 0 problems in killing everything not named Meruem, yet by the end of CA arc they shared a bond so everything outside their group, and on the other side steel like bonds between the group members, true forbthe ants by the end of their saga) so 1 of the 2 had to go.

Imo your possible route about Chrollo, breakdown, would be a complete victory of Kurapika over Chrollo and even a destruction of Chrollo's character somewhat, it is almost as making him apologize. Maybe something in the middle where everybody gains something and has acceptable loss. Also at this point it would be difficult for Kurapika to deal with Chrollo. Now he knows he can remove his chains so that is no longer an action, kill him is really difficult for everything we pointed at before (maybe en eos thing), have some other group take care for hom is also veery difficult. Maybe the zodiacs can contain him but at that point free hom would become the crusade of every living non jailed spider. And honestly make the spider end behind the bars like a common criminal group is also weird. There is also the chance that they keep their freedom and keep doing their business. In the end the HxH world is not a "good" world, we have seen all the disparity shown during CA arc, it is based a lot on the real world in that regard, and we also know that unlike other shounen (HxH is more of a seinen honestly) by EoS we will not have a Gon who takes out the evil world rulers and establish a new world order which will bring true world peace and equality (this is what happened with Naruto and will happen with OP) this all to say that the spiders are by far not the worst group in HxH world, we have seen plenty of corrupted characters groups, the best example are indeed the ants: they were shown as terrible man eaters with no pity but in the end by the words of Netero we discover that the ants had no malice unlike human beings who developed and have no regrets in using either weapons of mass destruction like the rose which in the end destroys Meruem and his kingdom. So, long story short, it is very possible for me that the spiders, if they survive the EoS (that nobody will probably ever see if we go with this pace) will just keep their old habits and be spiders in a world of wolves.

I really would love to see how the PH together with Chrollo would match Meruem and his royal guard...
Even though the Ants would probably win without much problems.

I really would love to see how the PH together with Chrollo would match Meruem and his royal guard...
Even though the Ants would probably win without much problems.
Don't be so sure about that. I mean Meruem remains a huge problem in any case even if a young Chrollo imo can compete with an old Netero, but anyway at the end of the day Netero was almost a fly compared to Meruem but he managed to win and exterminate the ants with a trick. Now we know how Chrollo tricked Hisoka making their battle an one sided beating where Hisoka was almost toyed with by Chrollo, if Chrollo knows who Meruem is and has the time to plan something then imo he could do way better than Netero (worst case bring with him a rose too).

About the royal guards vs the spiders imo the royal guards are stronger but the spiders are more, 4 spiders per guard should be able to win (then it depends about what troupe we are talking about, YS arc troupe, GI troupe etc). If we make a rough comparison and say that an average spider equals Kaito who lose vs Neferpitous but at least put some damage on her despite losing an arm from the get go, I woukd say that 4 Kaitos vs a Nerferpitou have good chances to win.

Imo your possible route about Chrollo, breakdown, would be a complete victory of Kurapika over Chrollo and even a destruction of Chrollo's character somewhat, it is almost as making him apologize. Maybe something in the middle where everybody gains something and has acceptable loss. Also at this point it would be difficult for Kurapika to deal with Chrollo. Now he knows he can remove his chains so that is no longer an action, kill him is really difficult for everything we pointed at before (maybe en eos thing), have some other group take care for hom is also veery difficult. Maybe the zodiacs can contain him but at that point free hom would become the crusade of every living non jailed spider. And honestly make the spider end behind the bars like a common criminal group is also weird. There is also the chance that they keep their freedom and keep doing their business. In the end the HxH world is not a "good" world, we have seen all the disparity shown during CA arc, it is based a lot on the real world in that regard, and we also know that unlike other shounen (HxH is more of a seinen honestly) by EoS we will not have a Gon who takes out the evil world rulers and establish a new world order which will bring true world peace and equality (this is what happened with Naruto and will happen with OP) this all to say that the spiders are by far not the worst group in HxH world, we have seen plenty of corrupted characters groups, the best example are indeed the ants: they were shown as terrible man eaters with no pity but in the end by the words of Netero we discover that the ants had no malice unlike human beings who developed and have no regrets in using either weapons of mass destruction like the rose which in the end destroys Meruem and his kingdom. So, long story short, it is very possible for me that the spiders, if they survive the EoS (that nobody will probably ever see if we go with this pace) will just keep their old habits and be spiders in a world of wolves.
Yeah but Chrollo is still a villain at the end of the day. And dont let his kind-heartness to his comrades fool you....hes still psychopath that kills innocent people. Chrollo shouldnt gain anything at the end of the day. He should have a complete loss at the end of the story because hes a monster. Hes worse than Hisoka. And Chrollo is probably my fav so this is hard for me to say.

This is what he done to Kurapika's clan.

Kurapika needs some kind of closure with Chrollo. Perhaps they fight and Kurapika defeats him and spares him. I just dont see Chrollo walking scotch free.

I know HxH is a messed up world. But in terms of narrative....Kurapika needs to end up being superior than the PT in some type of way.

Chrollo maybe cold but his friends are his weakpoint. And Togashi is keeping on setting it up for something to happen.

Totally not related to Spiders but what happens to Hisoka’s Prosthetic arm and limbs once he is on Zetsu.. they are all made from his Bungee Gum after the battle against Chrono and since Zetsu basically undoes the Nen, will he be crippled..??

I don’t wanna see him like this ..:wellwell:

Totally not related to Spiders but what happens to Hisoka’s Prosthetic arm and limbs once he is on Zetsu.. they are all made from his Bungee Gum after the battle against Chrono and since Zetsu basically undoes the Nen, will he be crippled..??

I don’t wanna see him like this ..:wellwell:
I guess he wont ever go in Zetsu then. Unless some plot contrived ability puts him in the state of Zetsu. Good way to show what Hisoka truly looks like.