All-Purpose Pokémon Thread

Why Is Lumiose City Undergoing Redevelopment?

• The Pokémon equivalent of the Industrial Revolution

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The sewers were overflowing with tons of Zygarde Slime (new Key Item)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
So what are those raid battles? Sounds exciting!
I'll have to admit that I was pretty intrigued at first after watching the S/S-trailer, and since it was around the time I was still playing Heart Gold, I actually considered trying this generation. But first looks at the gameplay and lack of free time (and also the obvious lack of the proper console, lol) changed my opinion.

I've never actually played Diamond/Pearl, back then I owned a Gameboy Advanced XP and couldn't be bothered to get a Nintendo DS just for one game, since at that time I was also gaming on the PlayStation. D/P would be my first choices, though, if I'd ever decide to try another Pokémon game since they're closest to HG/SS (although I couldn't imagine walking around w/o my Steelix following me ever again, lol).
Basically, you and three other Trainers (can be a mix of real people and NPCs depending on your connectivity) take on a gigantic Pokémon that gets to attack several times each turn and also gets barriers for defense that make it harder to defeat. If you manage to beat it, you have a chance to capture it; regardless, you get EXP Candies, certain Berries and Rare Items, and even some TMs of the type of creature you just battled. I beat the campaign a week after the game came out, so I’ve just been doing those raids ever since.

I think you’d really dig D/P/Platinum! They’re the last games that aren’t in 3D or something resembling it; the storyline is really rich, there are a ton of legendaries, Sinnoh is a unique region. Honestly, I’m DYING for Switch remakes of those games just so I can revisit what was probably my favorite generation after G/S/C!

Basically, you and three other Trainers (can be a mix of real people and NPCs depending on your connectivity) take on a gigantic Pokémon that gets to attack several times each turn and also gets barriers for defense that make it harder to defeat. If you manage to beat it, you have a chance to capture it; regardless, you get EXP Candies, certain Berries and Rare Items, and even some TMs of the type of creature you just battled. I beat the campaign a week after the game came out, so I’ve just been doing those raids ever since.

I think you’d really dig D/P/Platinum! They’re the last games that aren’t in 3D or something resembling it; the storyline is really rich, there are a ton of legendaries, Sinnoh is a unique region. Honestly, I’m DYING for Switch remakes of those games just so I can revisit what was probably my favorite generation after G/S/C!
Thx mate, I'll keep that in mind! Although for me, nothing will ever beat the Hoenn generation.. :catcry:
What kind of bothers me about D/P/P though is the omnipotency of the legendaries, like, I'm fine with Dialga and Palkia, but Arceus being the creator of the entire world and all Pokémon kind of ruined the mystery of Pokémon and disenchanted Mew to me. Creator of all things, basically god, but is caught in a Pokéball and used by a child? Ok then

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
Thx mate, I'll keep that in mind! Although for me, nothing will ever beat the Hoenn generation.. :catcry:
What kind of bothers me about D/P/P though is the omnipotency of the legendaries, like, I'm fine with Dialga and Palkia, but Arceus being the creator of the entire world and all Pokémon kind of ruined the mystery of Pokémon and disenchanted Mew to me. Creator of all things, basically god, but is caught in a Pokéball and used by a child? Ok then
Hoenn was damn good! Never got to play those remakes, but I’ve only heard good things. That’s an excellent point, it always felt incongruous that the god of all creation could be made subservient to some shmuck kid who summoned him after beating a few Gym Leaders 🙃
Post automatically merged:

Looks sicker than ever, less than two weeks until we can get our hands on this!! :lumazed:

Last edited:
I completed SwSh yesterday (no expansion passes) and I gotta say, it is not worth $60.

Honestly , this game feels like a 3ds game to me. Heck,Ultra Sun was much better than this $60 shit.
if the 2 part expansion was added to the game instead of an additional $30 DLC, you might like the whole experience much better

Hoenn was damn good! Never got to play those remakes, but I’ve only heard good things. That’s an excellent point, it always felt incongruous that the god of all creation could be made subservient to some shmuck kid who summoned him after beating a few Gym Leaders 🙃

Looks sicker than ever, less than two weeks until we can get our hands on this!! :lumazed:
also Fuck Avery

L

Levi_Ackerman

if the 2 part expansion was added to the game instead of an additional $30 DLC, you might like the whole experience much better

also Fuck Avery
They could have done better . They are developing games on the switch and yet they give us such low content when the Switch has so much potential.

I have only played platinum,emerald,Black 2 and ultra sun and I really like those games because even if they were low on content, they exceeded the hardware limitations the respective handhelds had.

D

Deleted member 83

I named my Calyrex Baka, because it's consist of the kanjis for horse and deer...and that's basically what that thing is
It’s pretty fun so far, but I’m having a hell of a time navigating the area because everything looks alike...where they put a lot of effort into the story and Dynamax Adventures, they skimped on the scenery
definitely a lot more fun than isle of armor
Dynamax adventures is alright, appreciate the 100% catch rate and 1/300 shiny rate(with shiny charm 1/100), but still terrible if you're not playing online
I say that but I still spent hours on it and got a shiny Lugia lol

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
@Jew D. Boy man its gonna take me forever to catch the birds X_X

even in other games like Platinum, it took me months to even run into them
Like Eten said above, it’s less difficult to corner them than previous generations...I think each one stays in a specific spot, either the main Wild Area or both expansion locations, so you just gotta chase them around. I’m still doing the Calyrex stuff (already finished the Regi tasks except finding Regigigas), so I haven’t looked for them yet, just ran into Articuno a couple of times with no luck.