[FNZ] Role Madness Policy Academy Crazy Quadrupoley Insanity Dethy Parity Bastarady Mafiay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emil

Certified Memelord
godfathers might have to be removed and it wud be healthier

they were introduced to purposely have some inconsistencies in some results to hint at the lyncherino being existant in the game

Ratchet

The End and the Beginning
its solveable
lots of players figured their sanities by night 3 and started killing others
its a trial and error
also when u kill a player u also more or less know u r most likely the same sanity as them so their results can help u find ur sanity too

its unconventional tho yes. but its solvable. even if i lied about few results but not the full setup it will be just as hatd to solve, except maybe mafia does lie here

the idea still remains same. all 4 teams have fair and equal chance to win. solve ur teams sanities and ur partners' sanities and use that to win

i think the expectations when coming here was too high hence the disappointment. its totally understandable.
It's not. I know because I tried. I could get to about 90% of the way there, as you will have noted with some comments I made in the scum chat, only to end up coming unstuck with the last few because of results that didn't match up. Now you could argue that the results not matching up was by itself the hint, which I would grant, except the idea of the Serial in the game made it so some results couldn't be trusted anyway, which in turn made it impossible to figure out the point of manipulation within the results.

In actual Dethys, not whatever this is, you identify the point of manipulation by isolating the result that prevents it from working, but here the proposed Serial could change how others investigated too, which meant any number of results could potentially be what is throwing it off. As for your claim that you can figure out the sanity by analysing kills, you can't, because of a) not being able to hash out a clear theory for which sanity everyone was and b) not being able to trust every result. This issue is further compounded by the amount of players lying about their results, because eventually there was nothing trustworthy that could be assumed. If you reach that conclusion, you may figure out the twist, but investigations as an angle to figure this out where, by and large, untenable.

I don't care about chances of winning, I never had any interest in that from the start. I wanted to figure out a logic puzzle I had no way of actually doing, and furthermore the "bastard" elements were not a puzzle as they should have been, but a misappropriation of the term which was took to mean anything is fine.

My expectations were not too high, in fact they were pretty low from the outset, my complaint isn't around it being "unconventional", and I don't think you properly designed a bastard game here.

Ratchet

Using the investigations as a compass I could never get anyone's possible sanity to fewer than one of two possibilities, and in several cases fewer than one of three. This is because once you go through the possibilities one can be, you're left with guessing as to whether the Serial inverted this player or that one, whether they lied about this or that, or whether they were investigated here or manipulated there, which meant there was always one of two theories and without being able to reduce that there was no way to come up with a clear list of who was which sanity. It was always Player 1 was either A or B and in some cases A or B or C.

Peroroncino

🅷🅰🅻🅰 🅼🅰🅳🆁🅸🅳
Using the investigations as a compass I could never get anyone's possible sanity to fewer than one of two possibilities, and in several cases fewer than one of three. This is because once you go through the possibilities one can be, you're left with guessing as to whether the Serial inverted this player or that one, whether they lied about this or that, or whether they were investigated here or manipulated there, which meant there was always one of two theories and without being able to reduce that there was no way to come up with a clear list of who was which sanity. It was always Player 1 was either A or B and in some cases A or B or C.
Sry for killing you waifubro.
We were following Cal and he asked me to:catsweat:

Rottkins

✯ ✧ 𝔾 𝕠 𝕕 𝕠 𝕗 𝕃 𝕚 𝕖 𝕤 ✧ ✯
Scum against scum. It could be easily called a fight between mafias but you think they are civilians

Rottkins

✯ ✧ 𝔾 𝕠 𝕕 𝕠 𝕗 𝕃 𝕚 𝕖 𝕤 ✧ ✯
In such case would be more interesting to have a lurking agent as a person you have to kill.

Emil

Certified Memelord
It's not. I know because I tried. I could get to about 90% of the way there, as you will have noted with some comments I made in the scum chat, only to end up coming unstuck with the last few because of results that didn't match up. Now you could argue that the results not matching up was by itself the hint, which I would grant, except the idea of the Serial in the game made it so some results couldn't be trusted anyway, which in turn made it impossible to figure out the point of manipulation within the results.

In actual Dethys, not whatever this is, you identify the point of manipulation by isolating the result that prevents it from working, but here the proposed Serial could change how others investigated too, which meant any number of results could potentially be what is throwing it off. As for your claim that you can figure out the sanity by analysing kills, you can't, because of a) not being able to hash out a clear theory for which sanity everyone was and b) not being able to trust every result. This issue is further compounded by the amount of players lying about their results, because eventually there was nothing trustworthy that could be assumed. If you reach that conclusion, you may figure out the twist, but investigations as an angle to figure this out where, by and large, untenable.

I don't care about chances of winning, I never had any interest in that from the start. I wanted to figure out a logic puzzle I had no way of actually doing, and furthermore the "bastard" elements were not a puzzle as they should have been, but a misappropriation of the term which was took to mean anything is fine.

My expectations were not too high, in fact they were pretty low from the outset, my complaint isn't around it being "unconventional", and I don't think you properly designed a bastard game here.
it was never meant to be balanced loo. just chaotic as can be.

the same setup can work without bastard mechanics. make the flips legit and all that but keep the triggers and no factional kills. it might be more fun to play than this. and certainly more solveable.

this dethy was just an excuse to set up a 4 mafia deathmatch. there is lots of luck involved too with random investigations getting kills. again you were never required to solve the whole thing. just enough to rekt the other factions. solving it all will be pretty hard cuz they will inevitably lie

i dont think it was bad. it delivered on what i wanted to do for awhile a 4 way match. there r probably better ways to do this, but a dethy mask seemed the most appealing. i lied to you all. i put everyone in a survivor battle when they were expecting a semi legit game. i think this was the only way to get the 4 way match done without exposing it.

the dethy part for dethy lovers like you is pretty convoluted and will be impossible to fully solve once people start getting night killed and not share results. had this being a real setup. its actually alot more solveable. here u r mostly required to solve ur team and partners sanity before the enemy. by trial and error u can solve theirs too. there is no time to sit down and draw tables like a real dethy. its much faster paced

so i fully get the frustration/disappointment. this was totally opposite of what was advertised for which u were excited to solve and play. sorry for the bummer.

Ratchet

so i fully get the frustration/disappointment. this was totally opposite of what was advertised for which u were excited to solve and play. sorry for the bummer.
You don't need to apologise for it. I was probably the only one who actively wanted to solve it as a Dethy anyway, and it seems I'm in the minority and most people like things like this besides. You hosted what you wanted to host and there's no harm in that. Will I need to deliberate playing when I see the next Ekko game - maybe, but you have the right to host whatever you please, there will never be a reason to apologise for something not being to my tastes.

D

Dragomir

This is giving me a headache.

Not angry, just disappointed. And frankly, it's why inexperienced hosts shouldn't even begin to try their hand at a bastard game.

A bastard game is not supposed to just be a game where the host lies about everything. There is an expectation of things not following convention, of not being able to trust your own role PM, of not being able to trust what the host outright says in public writeups. But there should always be an angle to figure it out, whether that be through writeups or mechanics or hints. A bastard game is supposed to be a puzzle, a game where the players have to think flexibly and use the fact that conventions aren't being followed to figure it out.

Seeing people use "but it's bastard" and defend a game just being trollish for the sake of it with no element of a puzzle in the game is just making me want to bury my face in my hands, because none of you seem to know what you're talking about lol, and I don't say that to be rude. It's really not easy for any host to host a bastard game because it's a fine line between exciting puzzle and trollish waste of time.

Think of it like a detective story that breaks Knox's Decalogue or something. But it's aware of this, and has a route to solve the mystery via being aware of this, and fundamentally remains fairly solvable. At the end, is when the author, or in this case the host, should be turning to us and saying "ha, here are the clues, here is the solution, here are the elements you needed to think about, what do you think of that?" - and we all say "damn, well played, we were outwitted" or perhaps some caught on. To further this analogy here, this reveal is like the author triumphantly telling us there was no mystery, and then us as readers celebrating this because anything goes if it's bastard. No, it doesn't work that way, it's not supposed to work that way.

Please can we have some respect for the term and not host a bastard game until we're at a comfort level as a host where we can tread all over conventions and rules and still create a game that is solvable. Please can we not fall into the trap of "anything is fine if you say it's bastard".
I agree with your take about bastard games, but I think you're misunderstanding why we're using "it's a bastard game" as an argument to Cal's complaints. Cal wasn't complaining about the game not having a puzzle to it or being unsolvable, he was complaining about being lied to. In that context, using "but it's bastard" is a good defense because at the end of the day, no matter how many puzzles you add to it, the barebones definition of a bastard game is the host lying to you. So, it makes no sense for Cal to complain about being lied to by the host when that's what a bastard game is. This doesn't excuse a bastard game being chaotic and having zero elements of an actual puzzle that players can solve in it, but it does excuse why Ekko lied to Cal.

J

Joygirl1

I didn´t know the definition of a bastard game before this discussion, I thought it was just a round with super mad bastardized game mechanics :kayneshrug:

I didn´t know the definition of a bastard game before this discussion, I thought it was just a round with super mad bastardized game mechanics :kayneshrug:
I basically had interpreted it as an adjective to describe how funky the setup was. I knew it was an open setup because ekko told me this. So between my misunderstanding above and my expectation of the setup being open I was left extremely frustrated.

I've only played mafia for around 2 years but still learn new things from time to time

I've discussed this now at more length with ekko privately and don't have much more to say about it

Mashiro Blue

𝓦𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝓾𝓹𝓸𝓷 𝓪 𝓼𝓱𝓸𝓸𝓽𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓼𝓽𝓪𝓻 ✰
End Game - The Grand Reveal

Day 5 - Lynch
@Peroroncino Town Cop (unkown sanity) was yeeted.

The game is finally done...

or is it??

Speed Run Time

Night 5
No deaths occured

Day 6
Hime and Dofla will inevitably tie each others in a lynch. They have both guessed their opponent's sanity correctly, however Hime won the RPS battle. Therefore...

@DoflaMihawk Town Cop (unknown sanity) was yeeted

Hime has won the game... for 2 seconds ... until she clawed her neck out of sadness from losing her partner

@hime Town Cop (unknown sanity) has suicided

EVERYBODY HAS VANQUISHED.
NOBODY TRULY EMERGED VOCTORIOUS.

B-but Ekko sensei... why is this all happening???

THE GRAND REVEAL

The game thread was pretty dead huh... nobody is scum hunting huh... and you wonder why...

You see I made a little lie about the setup...

There was no Lyncherino Assasinato... In fact, there was not even a single Townie...

The Real Setup Is:

4 Mafia Factions of 4 Members Each - A free for all deathmatch!

First Postion - Mafia Team D - WINNER!!!.. for 2 seconds..kek
@Rej @MUUGEN - Mafia Cop (Naive)
@hime - Mafia Cop (Insane)
@T-Pein™ - Mafia Cop (Sane) - Godfather
@Fujishiro @Ultra - Mafia Cop (Paranoid)

Second Position - Mafia Team B
@DoflaMihawk - Mafia Cop (Naive)
@Grammaton @MitchMatch - Mafia Cop (Insane)
@Pot Goblin - Mafia Cop (Sane)
- Godfather
@Phoenix D. King @WakandaForever - Mafia Cop (Paranoid)

Third Position - Mafia Team C
@Ariess - Mafia Cop (Naive)
@RippedCal - Mafia Cop (Insane)
@Kagurashii - Mafia Cop (Sane)
- Godfather

@Peroroncino - Mafia Cop (Paranoid)

Fourth Position - Mafia Team A
@Xlaw - Mafia Cop (Naive)

@Blue - Mafia Cop (Insane)
@Rottkins - Mafia Cop (Sane) - Godfather
@Ratchet - Mafia Cop (Paranoid)

Overall MVP = @hime

Four mafia factions of four members each is the name of the game. A free for all. Each mafia had all 4 types of sanities. The sane cop was a godfather that scans as if he is town.

Setup Insights

The idea behind this setup was to provide a fair 4 way battle between 4 teams of similar chances to win lol. Everyone starts by making partners and finding their sanities then try to kill the other teams while *supposedly* saving their own team from kills and lynches... and suicides... and manipulating their partners to kill the other teams kek

Every team had the ability to protect all members at night if they correctly figure out their sanity. However there was always a risk to kill your teammate as per the 3rd conditional trigger. Every team member had 3 other players from enemy factions that they could directly kill via the 1st trigger. It was truly a battle of wits.

Periodically, a cencus will appear that gives a rough count of mafia remaining. This gives a range to accomodate all mafia teams and not expose the setup.

The partners will always suicide. Keeping it mistery added more suspense, however might have caused some teams to let their guard down.

Some Final Comments

This was not intended to be balanced lol. A disclaimer was already given in the signup thread. This will make you hate me as well... but... it was a nice social experiment lmao.

Seeing all those slips and scum tell go ignored because none cared is funny. Everyone saw how scummy the other players are but their TMI kept forcing them to ignore it haha. Everyone was friendly with each others. Everyone buddied. Gifs were getting posted around like candy. It was really funny to spectate this lmao. There was no towniness or scum hunting to be found lol anywhere.

There are some nice scum tells that I learned this game. And there are things that were very lacking and will make me read town players better as it will be present in them. I will keep all those tells to myself kek. Feel free to reread the game again now lmao.

The Mafia and Neighbor Chats

Those were just hilarious man. I cant say much in words. Just ask to join and I shalt invite you if they are fine with it. Its such a fun read seeing "Dude this guy is so scummy" but just casually ingoring it or thinking its the Lyncherino lol.

I will post some cool stats and the full actions list later

for now shitpost as you like ^^

- Game End -
♡ Thank You All For Playing ♡

Lmao

Unexpected.

In the end everyone was a double agent

Status
Not open for further replies.