Powers & Abilities POLL - Most power drop among the top SH fighters when not fighting with their best form/weapon.

Most power drop among the top SH fighters when not fighting with their best form/weapon.

• Total voters
We've all seen by now that at some point, Luffy, Zoro, Jimbe, Sanji, and Franky have to fight without their best form or weapon. Which do you think among them have the most power drop when they are not fighting with their best form or weapon?

Imo base Luffy is quite strong as we've seen in the Katakuri fight. Now especially with ryou and internal destruction, even base Luffy can deal quite a lot of damage, which means he doesn't really have to rely too much on using Gear 4 as much as before. Well, unless he is fighting the current strongest pirate in the world.

Enma is indeed a strange sword that made Big Mom and Kaido be wary of it, as it can unleash large amounts of its wielder's ryou. However, though not as powerful as with Enma, I think Zoro with Nitoryu or Ittoryu is still a beast.

Jimbe and fishmen are simply at their best when their fighting at sea: there is speed increase; utilities such as calling sea creatures for aid; using water, especially salt water as weapon: etc. So there is definitely a nerf when fishmen are fighting at land.

The Raid Suit gives Sanji what he is extremely lacking to fight stronger opponents, a durability that even King, the YC1 of Kaido couldn't pierce or put a scratch maybe with his large ancient Pteranodon beak dive attack.

Franky Shogun has done well vs Sasaki, a F6 member. However, I think without the Shogun, Franky would be heavily outmatched. Unless, well, Oda proves this otherwise in the future chapters.

What do you guys think and what would you vote for?

Edited: Added my vote and comment as follows. It was a close call for me between Jimbe, Sanji, and Franky but for now I vote for Franky Shogun to Base Franky.

Last edited:
Luffy without his fruit drops the most. G2 and 3 are only cause of his fruit.
It's true that Luffy's gears gives a lot of boosts. However I apologize for not making it much clearer, but base Luffy is still Luffy with the rubber fruit. I didn't really want to add fruitless Luffy or swordless Zoro as it would make them entirely different from who they are at fighting.

He has advanced haki and FS however. He is an high high tier at the very least, depending on what you consider one.
If you're talking Luffy without Gear 2nd or 3rd as well, I think it's pretty clear that he's actually one of the weakest strawhats.

Even Base flying 6 level is potentially enough to overwhelm him as shown when he lost the clash with Ulti and immediately resorted to Gear 2nd and then 3rd.

Hell, Luffy does almost everything at a higher gear nowadays. Even facing the fodder of the enraged army that ultimately beat him, he was clearly going Gear 2nd.

The ONLY argument you can use in favor of base Luffy at this point is how he preformed in his fight against Katakuri, but Katakuri distinctly wasn't trying his best for almost the entirety of that fight and fought with the goal of breaking Luffy's spirit rather than merely killing him, so I don't think it's quite accurate to use that fight to power scale.

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
G4 Luffy 100 - G2/G3 Luffy 85 - Base Luffy 75, Fruitless Luffy 70
Enma Santoryu Zoro -80, Nitoryu Zoro- 70, Ittoryu Zoro-65, Mutoryu Zoro 55
Jinbe in Water 75, Jinbe out of water 60
Sanji in Raid Suit 77.5, Suitless Sanji -72.5
Franky Shogun 62.5, Base Franky 50
Itoryuu zoro did a stronger attack than everything luffy did on the roof before he blew his load

Itoryuu zoro did a stronger attack than everything luffy did on the roof before he blew his load
Ittoryu + mobility assist sliced off the tip of a horn and was easily dodgable. We are talking Zoro without mobility assist. Having a slow haymaker with knockout potential doesn't a good fighter make if all your other attributes are lacking.In anycase the ittoryu mentioned in OP was explicitly non-enma, as enma is Zoro's powerup.

G4 Gatling concentrated would destroy large segments of the skull if targeted, Kidd was not impressed with Zoro's attack but was with Luffy's even knowing the drawback. Big Mom was sweating and had eye veins seeing g4 gattling, no sweat or eye veins for Enma.

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
Ittoryu + mobility assist sliced off the tip of a horn and was easily dodgable. We are talking Zoro without mobility assist. Having a slow haymaker with knockout potential doesn't a good fighter make if all your other attributes are lacking.In anycase the ittoryu mentioned in OP was explicitly non-enma, as enma is Zoro's powerup.

G4 Gatling concentrated would destroy large segments of the skull if targeted, Kidd was not impressed with Zoro's attack but was with Luffy's even knowing the drawback. Big Mom was sweating and had eye veins seeing g4 gattling, no sweat or eye veins for Enma.
There was no mobility assist for the attack. That was for cutting the borobreath
The slash travelled further distance that what would have been if zoro stayed next to law to kaido. It also shook onigashima.
All luffys managed to do is make kaido spit a bit of blood out and knock him down
Tatsumaki which didnt have the same amount of haki on it that flying dragon blaze did slashed kaido and had him spitting blood multiple times.
Big mom had to scream and warn kaido for zoros attack she never said anything prior to any luffy attack.

Luffy without g4 is trash.

Luffy without g4 is trash.
Luffy without g4 made Kaido hallucinate Oden, Rocks, Roger, WB and Shanks.
Luffy without g4 is fast enough to move massive distances to make Law think he's teleported (pre Udon in first fight with Kaido, same teleport symbol that is now used for Room was used for Luffy).
Luffy without g4 (pre ryuo) was fighting nearly on par with Katakuri.
Luffy without g4 doesn't need mobility assists to perform slightly better against Dragon Kaido than Zoro is.