Predict the line-up for the 3-way war

RayanOO

Lazy is the way

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
I’m actually not sure that Qin will want to pull anybody away from the Zhao front, they need this many people there just to hold the line, as Kochou will undoubtedly take the first opportunity he gets to try and take Gyou back, and don’t forget that Riboku and his regime are still out there.

So I think Moubu and Tou will be enough, what can the Chu really do to stop Moubu and Tou short of sending Kou En himself? No other Chu commander would be capable of stopping these two along with the help of Gohoumei who now has Ranbihaku as his sword. Maybe I’m underestimating Karin as Renpa held off Ouki and Hakuki by himself, but damn I think this would be very difficult for her to hold off.

I’m actually not sure that Qin will want to pull anybody away from the Zhao front, they need this many people there just to hold the line, as Kochou will undoubtedly take the first opportunity he gets to try and take Gyou back, and don’t forget that Riboku and his regime are still out there.

So I think Moubu and Tou will be enough, what can the Chu really do to stop Moubu and Tou short of sending Kou En himself? No other Chu commander would be capable of stopping these two along with the help of Gohoumei who now has Ranbihaku as his sword. Maybe I’m underestimating Karin as Renpa held off Ouki and Hakuki by himself, but damn I think this would be very difficult for her to hold off.
No way Zhao goes on the offensive imho. Ousen made it clear that Gyou was impregnable and the only way to topple the city was sieging it. So now Zhao has the same problem with the difference that Gyou is now in Qin territory and unlike Zhao Qin is now actively shielding it behind its armies. If Qin puts its assault on hold Zhao would simply sit still.

About Chu. Well, Zhao was supposed to be done after Hakuki buried 400k men, yet they kept pulling hidden beats out of their asses lol. So we can expect Chu, that was described as The superpower since the start of the manga, to start shitting out big boys very soon lol.

U
I was thinking about Tou as well but i hope he doesn't come this should be a Moubu and Homei arc i don't want anyone to steal the spotlight
Gaimou and Tou can stay back even though i would love to see Gaimou and Moubu fighting alongside each other
and Since Shin will not come i think this arc will be pretty short maybe 20 chapters max it doesn't worth the time of Renpa or Kouen the enemy general can be someone that replaced Kanmei or something
And on it will go:
Homei and Rbh will attack the castle and siege it when Chu tries to send troops Moubu will attack their border kill their soldiers and stop the backups for a few days/weeks until homei captures the city

Chu's average generals are hyped to be greater than other generals so if they can send 2 or 3 generals who are on the same tier as Banaji/Akou/Gyu'un along with Kouyuko and Hakurei they can definietly cause a lot of problems

Last edited by a moderator:

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
No way Zhao goes on the offensive imho. Ousen made it clear that Gyou was impregnable and the only way to topple the city was sieging it. So now Zhao has the same problem with the difference that Gyou is now in Qin territory and unlike Zhao Qin is now actively shielding it behind its armies. If Qin puts its assault on hold Zhao would simply sit still.
If the Qin remove men and the Zhao see the opportunity, I can almost guarantee that the Zhao will take some measures to re-capture Gyou, whether that means re-taking Retsubi and starting to starve Gyou out as was their plan in the first place, or just surrounding Gyou itself, no way the Zhou would sit idly by and not try to retake Gyou if the opportunity presented itself. Unless of course the infinitely stupid Zhao Monarchy strikes again lol.

About Chu. Well, Zhao was supposed to be done after Hakuki buried 400k men, yet they kept pulling hidden beats out of their asses lol. So we can expect Chu, that was described as The superpower since the start of the manga, to start shitting out big boys very soon lol.
Chu's average generals are hyped to be greater than other generals so if they can send 2 or 3 generals who are on the same tier as Banaji/Akou/Gyu'un along with Kouyuko and Hakurei they can definietly cause a lot of problems
Yeah I keep getting this idea stuck in my head that all Chu generals beneath Karin must be Ranbihaku Level, but I suppose that’s not necessarily true lol. They probably have some very strong hidden generals like Zhao did. Still, hard to see the Qin sending any more generals than Tou and Moubu, and definitely no one from the Zhao front imo.

Kou En needs a proper introduction tbh as we're really advanced in story, and this is a golden chance as the Ri Shin Army is seemingly not participating so no plot armor and shit hindering the way. I wouldn't mind Hara using Wei as a hype tool so that Shin gets hyped after hearing from Mouten about the man that stomped GHM.

Isn't Karin the double PM though? but she is the 2nd in command behind Kou En, so whose authority is higher?

Karin is probably the chief of military affairs... Like, Rien worries about court politics and Karin about warfare so she probably has authority over Kouen.

Kouen though was called the conqueror of the east, while the war should happen somewhere over the north-west border so Kouen might not even be in the area.

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
Karin is probably the chief of military affairs... Like, Rien worries about court politics and Karin about warfare so she probably has authority over Kouen.

Kouen though was called the conqueror of the east, while the war should happen somewhere over the north-west border so Kouen might not even be in the area.
Wiki still lists Kou En as the first in command of the Chu Military with Karin as the second.

Wiki still lists Kou En as the first in command of the Chu Military with Karin as the second.
Well, yes, but we don't know if that means he's the chief of military affairs though.

Like, when Ouki came out of retirement he was obviously Qin's #1 general but SHK was still in charge.

Plus when the coup in Chu happened and Karin was appointed prime minister Kaioku made a direct parallel between her new position in Chu and SHK in Qin.

Commander in chief: Gohoumei or Hari(nice way to hype him)

Wei: GHM, hope for someone new

Qin: Moubu, Mouten, Shin

Chu: Karin or Renpa,would be cool if some new general join the war instead one of those two,probably one of the Chu rookies will also participate.

Last edited:

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
Well, yes, but we don't know if that means he's the chief of military affairs though.

Like, when Ouki came out of retirement he was obviously Qin's #1 general but SHK was still in charge.

Plus when the coup in Chu happened and Karin was appointed prime minister Kaioku made a direct parallel between her new position in Chu and SHK in Qin.
Ouki was Qin’s number 1 General in strength, not authority. Shouheikun was in charge of the military when Ouki died.

But Kou En is explicitly said to be first in command of the Chu army, Although I think this probably means he is also the strongest.

Prime Minister doesn’t have to even be related to military affairs technically lol.

D

Dragomir

I heavily doubt that the 3 prodigies, Shin, Mouten, and Ouhon will participate the Chu invasion for now. Just for the start and what I mean is that the alliance with Wei to take Juuko city won't have these 3 as participants. It wouldn't be a logical strategy to take away any of those 3 from that Zhao line, or else going through it would become increasingly difficult.

It'll be afterwards that they will, when Win decides to take all of Chu.

Qin: Moubu, Mouten, Shin, and some new character.
Wei: GHM, Ranbihaku, Hari, and MAYBE Gaimou considering they’re going up against Chu
Chu: Kouen, Kouyoku, Hakurei, and a few new characters. Maybe Kanmei’s trio of generals back and Kankoku Pass could return.

It depends on Shin if he is going to be here then it will be a long arc and Tou can tag along and the opponent will be Renpa probably since Karin is the pm and it's too soon for Kou en to be defeated but if not then it will be only Moubu and Gohomei against a random general of chu and the arc will not be more than 15 to 20 chapters.

All right, I think we can maybe draw a line now and see where we are.

Commander in chief: Gohoumei (if there is one)
Well, looks like there isn't one. Still GHM is the guy that can tip the scale if he decides to backstab Qin.

Wei: GHM, Ranbi, (No Gaimou)
Yeah Baby!

Qin: Moubu, Mouten, Shin (I hope not, but I feel the arc will be too short w/o him lol)
Well, guess the arc will be short. Though I will admit I was not expecting Tou at all.

Chu: Karin or some other big unknown general (no Kouen, no Renpa), Kouyoku, Hakurei
Yeah Baby!
Not bad overall :catsure:

Ouki was Qin’s number 1 General in strength, not authority. Shouheikun was in charge of the military when Ouki died.

But Kou En is explicitly said to be first in command of the Chu army, Although I think this probably means he is also the strongest.

Prime Minister doesn’t have to even be related to military affairs technically lol.
The Wiki's information is wrong, well to be more specific it's outdated. This is where the Wikipedia got it's "2nd in command" information from:

However, shortly after that statement, this happened:

Which is why she was then later referred to as:

So the Tiger of Chu is under her in authority right now, but used to be superior to her in authority before she became Prime Minister/Head of Military.

While you're correct that the Prime Minister doesn't have to be related to Military. But Karin was specifically asked to become Prime Minister so she could strengthen the military of Chu.