Prime Shouheikun - Should We Believe The Hype?

How Strong Was Prime Shouheikun?

• Lower?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
So let's talk about a topic that has intrigued myself and many others, the hype surrounding the GOAT himself, the Supreme Commander of the Qin Military, Commander-in-Chief Shouheikun.

Specifically, the hype surrounding his own martial strength:

Shouheikun has himself been hyped on many separate occasions throughout this manga, to have been himself a stronger warrior than even Moubu when he was an actual battlefield commander.

Now, keep in mind, there are more instances of people claiming Shouheikun = Moubu than what I will post in this thread.

Also keep in mind that in Kingdom (and frankly the Japanese language in general), the term strength does not necessarily refer to brute strength as it does in the English language, but rather the term strength especially martial strength refers to a character's overall fighting capability. Saying Kyoukai = Moubu for example, doesn't imply Kyoukai is as physically strong as Moubu, but rather than when you take Moubu's overall fighting capability and compare it to Kyoukai's overall fighting capability, both characters are around a similar threat level (just an example, not saying Kyoukai = Moubu). So with that said:

The hype around Shouheikun is genuinely insane. The first time he was revealed to us, his strength was hyped as being clearly above Moubu:

What's crazy about this as Moubu, who at the time was insanely confident in himself and his own abilities, did not seem to object to the idea of Shouheikun in his youth being stronger than him. To be fair though, Shouheikun himself even says the idea of him being stronger than Moubu is crazy:

So that in and of itself could be used to refute the idea of Shouheikun being that strong. However, the inverse of this is also true like I said above, that Moubu has no objection to Shouheikun in his prime being stronger than him. So really both ideas cancel each other out tbh.

On top of that, what's even more interesting is that when Saitaku asks Moubu if he thinks he is stronger than Ouki, Moubu's response:

Moubu says that he would crush Ouki, and again, this Moubu does not object to prime Shouheikun being above him. This Moubu also considers his own might to be above that of the Qin 6GGs, specifically saying that making himself a Great General would produce a Qin Army that was even greater than the Army belonging to King Sho himself.

However, to play devil's advocate, this Moubu was also a Moubu who was extremely overconfident and really had no earthly idea what a Great General like Ouki was actually capable of. After Moubu witnessed the error of his own arrogance, as well as after he saw Ouki's own strength for himself, Moubu rapidly changed his tone and seemed to develop a deep respect for Ouki. So I don't think Moubu's words here are worth all that much, but it's interesting to note that at one point of his life, these were the opinions that Moubu held. Is there anything accurate that we can infer from Moubu's initial perspectives on the GG/himself/Shouheikun?

However, after Moubu slayed Kanmei, people stopped saying Shouheikun was stronger than Moubu and instead started saying that he was as strong as Moubu. Quite interesting.

Shouheikun's strength is so damn hype, that when he faced the Duke of Juuteki (a people that specifically choose their leader based on strength and seemingly nothing else:

Shouheikun defeats him quickly and convincingly:

And this is Shouheikun after he has retired from actually being a battlefield commander (though I think it's highly probable that Shouheikun likely still performs drills/training to maintain fighting shape).

So what do you guys think? Should we believe the hype?

@Owl Ki @Blackbeard @Patryipe @Bullet @Dark Admiral @ShinmenTakezo @Den_Den_Mushi @Guan Yu @Dovahkiin @Greenbeard @DizzyBrows @PuckTheGreat @MarineHQ62 @NeutralWatcher @RayanOO @Ninjashadow0209 @Arara @Hiragaro @Yo Tan Wa

Last edited:
Yeah, we should believe in the hype because Shouheikun fights in a way that is smart such as he was aiming for the arm right away to handicap Juuteki.
Compare to brutes like Moubu or Kenmi or Zenou, they solely rely on their brute strenght to overpower and break their opponents weapon. Hence Haru always hype the brutes for their strenght such as Zenou could rip a cows head off iirc.

So if a person that has the speed/strenght/smartness and the focus to just go for the victory and not prove I stronger than you like Moubu vs Kenmi. Their hype is well derseve imho.

Yeah, we should have believe in his hype. Moubu was considering himself superior than Qin’s GG prior in terms of pure martial and physical might. He didn’t know any of the weight that a GG carries. He only witnessed it all in personal after the fall of Ouki.

However, to play devil's advocate, this Moubu was also a Moubu who was extremely overconfident and really had no earthly idea what a Great General like Ouki was actually capable of. After Moubu witnessed the error of his own arrogance, as well as after he saw Ouki's own strength for himself, Moubu rapidly changed his tone and seemed to develop a deep respect for Ouki. So I don't think Moubu's words here are worth all that much, but it's interesting to note that at one point of his life, these were the opinions that Moubu held. Is there anything accurate that we can infer from Moubu's initial perspectives on the GG/himself/Shouheikun?
I disagree. Moubu in this situation was purely talking/ boosting about his physical and martial might. Which means he genuinely had respect for SHK’s martial/ physical might and considered it to be next level than him. He got humbled after knowing what an actual GG is which is more than just physical and martial strength based.

The first time he was on the onscreen battlefield, he managed to pretty much one shot a General of opposing faction where odds were heavily against him.

I don't know what you mean by prime Shuo Hei Kun he shouldn't have gotten any weaker not being on the battlefield doesn't really make you weaker fire dragons of wei were in jail for 14 years and never mentioned that they got weaker because of it any way Shu Hei Kun himself thinks that Moubu has surpassed him so i think i put him with Kanmei but i'm not sure how Moubu himself would compare to guys like Houken, Ouki or Renpa we have people calling Moubu the strongest in china but Houken didn't even consider him worthy to fight so i guess for now i put Shuo Hei Kun below Ouki who whopped Ouken and prime Renpa who i believe is equal to Ouki but above Tou and Earl Shi until he shows more feats.
P.s
If the pull is based on physical strength i think 96 is good it wouldn't be fair to put him above someone like Gaimou but if it's overall strength i think 98 or 99 but would still lose to Ouki and Renpa because of the wight of a GG.

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
Yeah, we should have believe in his hype. Moubu was considering himself superior than Qin’s GG prior in terms of pure martial and physical might. He didn’t know any of the weight that a GG carries. He only witnessed it all in personal after the fall of Ouki.

I disagree. Moubu in this situation was purely talking/ boosting about his physical and martial might. Which means he genuinely had respect for SHK’s martial/ physical might and considered it to be next level than him. He got humbled after knowing what an actual GG is which is more than just physical and martial strength based.

The first time he was on the onscreen battlefield, he managed to pretty much one shot a General of opposing faction where odds were heavily against him.
I agree, I meant Moubu’s overconfidence about Ouki should mostly be disregarded since obviously Moubu himself became a believer in Ouki Sama later on lol.

Still though, it is interesting that without (presumably) seeing the 6GG or Shouheikun in action pre-Bayou, Moubu considered Shouheikun to be above them martially when 5/6 of them were martial generals lol.

I agree, I meant Moubu’s overconfidence about Ouki should mostly be disregarded since obviously Moubu himself became a believer in Ouki Sama later on lol.

Still though, it is interesting that without (presumably) seeing the 6GG or Shouheikun in action pre-Bayou, Moubu considered Shouheikun to be above them martially when 5/6 of them were martial generals lol.
Moubu was a literal embodiment of Braun without the Brains during his introduction as the four pillars. He was brought up by his underachiever Dad (General Mougou) which could be the reason he lost respect for the titles like GG.
I wonder if we will ever see SHK in action. It was such a treat to see him personally take the front line. Maybe during
Qin’s invasion to Chu

It was always kinda weird to me mainly because SHK has 90 strenght and Moubu has 99.
I doubt SHK has the same physical strenght as Moubu. The one time we saw SHK fight, he wasn't going for raw power, but efficient Fighting - against Duke of Juuteki he aimed for his arm first, to bacialy disarm him and then cut his head of. So he probably prefer technique over raw strenght - but that doesn't mean he is physicaly weak. I mean based on his intelect it makes sense for him to fight in the most efficient way and not trying to overpower his enemies with raw power.
Btw. Wategi aka Duke of Juuteki had 90 strenght aswell.

As you also said, strength doesn't stand only for physical strenght, it includes overall fighting capability - and in Kingdom tactical thinking/understanding Plays a huge role and is not less worth than martial might. And we know SHK stats at that are far greater than Moubu's.
Intelligence:
SHK: 98
Moubu's: 86

SHK might be able to fight and beat guys with a higher strenght stat with skill and technique, but i think the strenght (martial might) difference between him and Moubu is to big as that SHK could win with technique alone.

If we would to combine their Overall ability's (strenght, intelligence etc.) SHK might be the stronger enemy to fight against, than Moubu, because of the better tactics.

But SHK once said to Mouki About his Father:
''It is possible that you may witness it in this very battle. The sight of raw strength surpassing the use of tactics.''
And Moubu is all but raw strength. So don't know if tactics would ''safe'' SHK here lol.

So i am not sure if i can buy that hype about his strenght. Unless Hara gave us a wrong number about his strenght (which i doubt). I know those numbers doesn't say someone with 90 strength loses to someone with 91 strenght, but the strenght difference between SHK and Moubu is whole 9 Points, which is quite a big gap.

Moubu says that he would crush Ouki, and again, this Moubu does not object to prime Shouheikun being above him. This Moubu also considers his own might to be above that of the Qin 6GGs, specifically saying that making himself a Great General would produce a Qin Army that was even greater than the Army belonging to King Sho himself.
I already thought of reply to this while readin it bt then you answered it yourself.
to play devil's advocate, this Moubu was also a Moubu who was extremely overconfident and really had no earthly idea what a Great General like Ouki was actually capable of. After Moubu witnessed the error of his own arrogance, as well as after he saw Ouki's own strength for himself, Moubu rapidly changed his tone and seemed to develop a deep respect for Ouki. So I don't think Moubu's words here are worth all that much, but it's interesting to note that at one point of his life, these were the opinions that Moubu held. Is there anything accurate that we can infer from Moubu's initial perspectives on the GG/himself/Shouheikun?
Having not seen the Qin 6 GG, Moubu didn't respected their strength whatsoever and hence he so openly boasted about it in Qin court bt when he noticed Ouki in battle himself, he realised he was wrong.

As for not objecting to Shou Hei Kun, he recognised his strength and at some stage also felt Shou Hei Kun might have stronger. But yes that do strongly suggest they were quite close in Martial might.
Bt Shou Hei Kun himself also clarifies It's crazy and that Mou Bu now was ahead.
And that was before Moubu battle with Kanmei, where he again grew much stronger. So Moubu now should be clear cut ahead of Shou Hei Kun.

Also, if someone remember the above battle precisely, didn't Mou Bu says he was lucky to face Kan mei since for first time he could fight against an opponent n all out, or were that Kanmei words? Coz if Moubu says so, it doesn't make sense Moubu n Shou Hei Kun had been fighting since they were kids or it would mean he held back his strength during all those fights.
It was always kinda weird to me mainly because SHK has 90 strenght and Moubu has 99.
I doubt SHK has the same physical strenght as Moubu. The one time we saw SHK fight, he wasn't going for raw power, but efficient Fighting - against Duke of Juuteki he aimed for his arm first, to bacialy disarm him and then cut his head of. So he probably prefer technique over raw strenght - but that doesn't mean he is physicaly weak. I mean based on his intelect it makes sense for him to fight in the most efficient way and not trying to overpower his enemies with raw power.
Btw. Wategi aka Duke of Juuteki had 90 strenght aswell.
The strength stat of Shou Hei Kun is completely wrong tho. It's not because he doesn't have the raw power, and uses techniques to best his opponent with similar stats. It doesn't work like that, for eg Tou also has a technique he fights with and same for Yo Tan Wa, she makes up the difference with swordskills and speed, and yet their Strength stats are high.
So Shou Hei Kun Strength stats are plain wrong in here.

As for the Main question this thread puts fwd, i think Shou Hei Kun is indeed one of the best fighters, bt not exactly Mou bu equal.
I feel like Mou Bu surpassed him good during Coalition war, bt my concern is their EoS Chu War matchup, if they fight thn, Shou Hei Kun could even be stronger. That small possibility is still there, bt i think it makes more sense the tactics n strategies are what troubles Moubu the most in that battle.
I think Shou Hei Kun actual Strength stats could be 97 or 96.

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
First we can say given everyone answers here that nobody consider SHK a scrub and we all think highly of his martial prowess.

I think SHK is indeed a monster : his 90 strength means nothing, I just think Hara didn't want to give him a top score for us to be surprised by his strength.

I think SHK has great strength and even more great skills. He seems to be a very intelligent fighter so even if he doesn't have the raw strength of MouBu he has insane skills.

But I don't put SHK as a top top dog because he didn't practice his strength in real combat for a long time, and he didn't go to battlefield to experience real fights and gain weight. If you doesn't smell the battlefield, the blood, your own blood and your enemy's one, the pressure of the fights etc you can't grow stronger. He didn't experience the life of a Great general full time on the field.

So I think against people who were roaming the battlefield for years and years he will come short of understanding and weight. (Or maybe I miss something and he participated in a lot of battles)

But he will compensate by great strength and awesome skills.

So against people who have pinnacle strength and weight he will loose like MouBu, but he will be a huge threat because of his skills.

And against someone like OuKi who has monstrous strength and skills and weight he will loose too.

But I think he comes just after : I think he can be a solid 96/97 in overall martial might.

The strength stat of Shou Hei Kun is completely wrong tho. It's not because he doesn't have the raw power, and uses techniques to best his opponent with similar stats. It doesn't work like that, for eg Tou also has a technique he fights with and same for Yo Tan Wa, she makes up the difference with swordskills and speed, and yet their Strength stats are high.
So Shou Hei Kun Strength stats are plain wrong in here.
That's not completely true tho. If we take Mouten for example who himself said, he would be lucky if he could win against Bananji 1 out of 100 times, was able to deflect Bananji's attack and land a counter attack which only barely missed a deadly hit in the head - and this was only due to Bananji not knowing his fighting style and technique. This comes down to be able to read someones movements. If you are a straightforward bruiser type then your movements can be read easily and be avoided - this way even someone who is much weaker can defeat a stronger opponent with technique's. This sounds easier than it is lol.
And stats don't directly repreasent exactly how strong you are, you can stil beat people with a higher stat.

That's not completely true tho. If we take Mouten for example who himself said, he would be lucky if he could win against Bananji 1 out of 100 times, was able to deflect Bananji's attack and land a counter attack which only barely missed a deadly hit in the head - and this was only due to Bananji not knowing his fighting style and technique. This comes down to be able to read someones movements. If you are a straightforward bruiser type then your movements can be read easily and be avoided - this way even someone who is much weaker can defeat a stronger opponent with technique's. This sounds easier than it is lol.
And stats don't directly repreasent exactly how strong you are, you can stil beat people with a higher stat.
Yes that is true bt that was not my point. Bt i think i also might have misled my point.

What you are sayin tho is luck factor or surprise factor, bt what i am basing on is certainty in winning the battles, those techniques. For eg Shou Hei Kun would win again n again against someone like Duke ot Juuteki, even tho their stats are equal, 90 going from your reply. But fact is Shou Hei Kun is much stronger than him, hence i said his stats are wrong.

What i meant was, These Strength Stats not only considers in Raw Power, bt total Martial Might like Lee OP says so.
And thus Shou Hei Kun stats don't do justice to him.
Kyou kai, Tou or Yo Tan Wa are other example with not so much raw strength bt techniques and their stats still do more justice to em, bt not Shou Hei Kun.

I think SHK is indeed a monster : his 90 strength means nothing, I just think Hara didn't want to give him a top score for us to be surprised by his strength
I agree, Hara also keeps reconsidering these stats point, they have changed/updated many times already. And so I think i will just consider these current stats for Shou Hei Kun not absolute, and real ones might come in, at right moment.

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
And that was before Moubu battle with Kanmei, where he again grew much stronger. So Moubu now should be clear cut ahead of Shou Hei Kun.
I don’t think Moubu actually grew much stronger when he fought Kanmei, I think the whole point of the Kanmei fight was that it was actually when Moubu demonstrates his strength to all of China. It was the moment where he stopped just claiming that he was the strongest and finally proved it to the world. He could’ve become moderately stronger due to experiencing such a close fight, but I don’t think coalition Moubu mid diffs bayou Moubu or anything like that lol.

So against people who have pinnacle strength and weight he will loose like MouBu, but he will be a huge threat because of his skills.

And against someone like OuKi who has monstrous strength and skills and weight he will loose too.
If we believe in Shouheikun’s hype, and I do, then I actually think he will end up having much, much higher skill and technique than Moubu or Ouki. Moubu really has no feats that hype his technique, he seems to just have pretty standard skill but overwhelming brute strength. Ouki seems to be more balanced in skill and technique but moments like this:

Go to hype Shouheikun’s extremely high technique and skill. This was basically a $wag kill right here lmfao. Plus you get moments like Shouheikun matrix dodging that Glaive weilder when he swung at him:

Ouki or Moubu would’ve just struck clean through their attacks but Shouheikun basically ninja-dodged them.

I think Shouheikun has good brute power, he does that no-momentum wrist-flex thing that Ouki and Duke Hyou did against Houken here and he also straight up swats that one guy’s Glaive away:

Overall I think Shouheikun may be the most versatile Glaive weilder we’ve seen in the manga outside from Houken, as his overall skill/strength with the Glaive is extremely high.

As for his 90 strength stat,

You know a strength stat is BS when you utterly crush a guy with the same strength stat as you lol. I think Hara gave him a 90 as a placeholder strength stat, I frequently see on the Wiki that Hara will give character’s placeholder stats before they actually show their true power, and then their stats get higher after they have a big arc and then Hara releases a new DB. I can’t think of any examples off the top of my head but I’ll let you guys know when I see one again lol.

Long story short, Shouheikun should currently be a good deal above a 90 in strength lol.

I think shouheikun is kakashi version of kingdom. I mean his hype is similar to kakashi's hype. Like when naruto said kakashi's intelligence > shikamaru's, kakashi's nose > kiba's, and kakashi's taijutsu > lee's:myman:

A good 96 strength stat, and a 100 intelligence/strategy stat.

I see Earl Shi with 96, I have no reason to believe SHK is under Earl in terms of strength... maybe 95 (even tho SHK seems to be stronger than Tou)

He's also more varied than Moubu. he's probably the strongest right now, as intelligent as Riboku, as skilled and unbeatable as Moubu... yeah he's scary

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
Yeah in a 1v1 they would wreck SHK, but all around he is better. He could probably devise a strategy to win against them, but Houken and Moubu are way dumber
They wouldn’t “wreck” him but they would slay him 1v1 lol.

There are only two people in Kingdom right now who I think are better strategists than Shouheikun, and one other who I think is probably on his level lol. But I won’t spoil that for you lol.