Punish users bumping old threads only to mock them (Zoro related, of course).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi WorstGen.

I'll be quick. In the last days we've all been seeing how certain users are bumping threads that had been inactive for months only to mock, insult and humiliate their authors and participants because they failed to predict something (mainly related to Zoro). Usually, these bumpers only do so for the sake of bullying and simply post some irrelevancy like "lol" so their herd of buddies can see the failed prediction and vent their rage on users they either want to despise or just have a feud with and think the rest of people here care enough about their little vendettas to see the forum filled with their crap.

So I wanted to ask:

1) Is there any kind of actual punishing happening right now for these toxic bumpers?

2) If there isn't, what are mods waiting for to punish or just ban them, since they aren't bringing anything good to the forum?

Thanks!

I agree that this might be annoying when it's done with malice like a certain someone would.

But essentially no, there's no rule against bumping old threads, it'd be pretty lame if one couldn't post in an old thread on an actual forum where posting and discussing is kind of the point.

The best thing to be done is report the individual cases in question and we'll take it from there.

P

Punpun

Hi WorstGen.

I'll be quick. In the last days we've all been seeing how certain users are bumping threads that had been inactive for months only to mock, insult and humiliate their authors and participants because they failed to predict something (mainly related to Zoro). Usually, these bumpers only do so for the sake of bullying and simply post some irrelevancy like "lol" so their herd of buddies can see the failed prediction and vent their rage on users they either want to despise or just have a feud with and think the rest of people here care enough about their little vendettas to see the forum filled with their crap.

So I wanted to ask:

1) Is there any kind of actual punishing happening right now for these toxic bumpers?

2) If there isn't, what are mods waiting for to punish or just ban them, since they aren't bringing anything good to the forum?

Thanks!
On a more serious note nobody hates anybody. Its all in good fun. If a op has problem with what I'm saying about them they can tell me and I'll stop. But I hope most guys aren't taking those jokes seriously. We got shit on by other fans for while so you can't blame us for returning the favour.

I agree that this might be annoying when it's done with malice like a certain someone would.

But essentially no, there's no rule against bumping old threads, it'd be pretty lame if one couldn't post in an old thread on an actual forum where posting and discussing is kind of the point.

The best thing to be done is report the individual cases in question and we'll take it from there.
I'm not talking about just bumbping old threads, because as you said there's no rule against it and I indeed find it to be appropiate to keep a discussion that was fueled again thanks to a recent event or new information.

But the cases I'm referring to are these:

Thread without activitiy since november is bumped today by an user who just wants to mock its content:

Same user bumps another thread without activity for a month just to mock an user:

Once again, the same user bumping a thread because of some childish feud with another guy:

Thread without activity since august and this user finds it appropiate to bump it with just a "lol" because it failed to predict a match up involving, of course, Zoro:

Same user bumping an old thread just to laugh at it:

Another one, more than half a year after losign its activity, this same user just bumps it to humiliate the thread:

And all of these belong to the current first page of the Manga section, I don't even want to look in the second one. This isn't sane activity, this is toxicity coming form certain users who "happen to be" Zoro fans who are just making junk posts with the sole purpose of adding fuel to feuds that tarnish the whole forum (since it doesn't matter the thread, you will end up finding some form of Zoro vs Sanji that turns it into a dumpster).

I will start to report these posts, certainly, but I'd appreciate some feedback on this issue from the mods because I personally don't find it acceptable in a forum that is supposed to be a sane place of conversation about a common hobby.

I'm not talking about just bumbping old threads, because as you said there's no rule against it and I indeed find it to be appropiate to keep a discussion that was fueled again thanks to a recent event or new information.

But the cases I'm referring to are these:

Thread without activitiy since november is bumped today by an user who just wants to mock its content:

Same user bumps another thread without activity for a month just to mock an user:

Once again, the same user bumping a thread because of some childish feud with another guy:

Thread without activity since august and this user finds it appropiate to bump it with just a "lol" because it failed to predict a match up involving, of course, Zoro:

Same user bumping an old thread just to laugh at it:

Another one, more than half a year after losign its activity, this same user just bumps it to humiliate the thread:

And all of these belong to the current first page of the Manga section, I don't even want to look in the second one. This isn't sane activity, this is toxicity coming form certain users who "happen to be" Zoro fans who are just making junk posts with the sole purpose of adding fuel to feuds that tarnish the whole forum (since it doesn't matter the thread, you will end up finding some form of Zoro vs Sanji that turns it into a dumpster).

I will start to report these posts, certainly, but I'd appreciate some feedback on this issue from the mods because I personally don't find it acceptable in a forum that is supposed to be a sane place of conversation about a common hobby.
Why am I not surprised about those two :christunate:

Aye, @Fenaker and @Luffy bin Dragon should at least post some actual content if they're going to bump an old thread. If they don't, report them.

Hi WorstGen.

So I wanted to ask:

Thanks!
When we are called tards and delusional and ppl make threads about Zoro and downplaying him and they even said we are right but we didn't say anything and we endured it until the fight starts now we are calling the name of ppl who claimed to be true throughout Wano when ppl called us tards where were u ? Gtfoh if you don't like it
Post automatically merged:

Why am I not surprised about those two :christunate:

Aye, @Fenaker and @Luffy bin Dragon should at least post some actual content if they're going to bump an old thread. If they don't, report them.
I brought their old threads because they say we are right about our prediction :kriwhat:

On a more serious note nobody hates anybody. Its all in good fun. If a op has problem with what I'm saying about them they can tell me and I'll stop. But I hope most guys aren't taking those jokes seriously. We got shit on by other fans for while so you can't blame us for returning the favour.
This is a very naive take on this problem. We aren't talking about "nobody hates anybody" and "good fun", which to be honest sounds more like the classic school bully who thought the bullied was having fun too. I've seen virtual persecutions on some users who don't agree with certain stuff, constant mocks and insults (retard, clown, etc. can be read everyday here), tons and tons of threads turned into pages of Zoro versus Sanji and even more serious content (it is unbelivable the amount of homophobic and transphobic content I've seen here posted by fans of Zoro who want to mock Sanji and his followers).

We're reaching a point where this forum is turning into a battlefield for very specific users whose toxicity engulves its whole activity and not only that, but they constitute informal groups for systematic bullying and confrontation. And this is far from normal and certainly not acceptable, I can tell you.

When we are called tards and delusional and ppl make threads about Zoro and downplaying him and they even said we are right but we didn't say anything and we endured it until the fight starts now we are calling the name of ppl who claimed to be true throughout Wano when ppl called us tards where were u ? Gtfoh if you don't like it
So what's your point here? The other "side" is acting idiotic and therefore I can act idiotic too?

J

Jo_Ndule

You think Ndule was making all these threads without any malicious intent, just the titles of his Zoro threads tells you how much he loves to rile up people constantly coming up with ways to ridicule Zoro. Now when all his bait threads are backfiring on him you see him as some victim that needs to be protected:whitepress:
:gonope:

The person who made this remark isn't me yet you bringing up my name

Get a life.
Post automatically merged:

Hi WorstGen.

So I wanted to ask:

Thanks!
You are wasting time.

The forum is a mess
Just play the game along

Fight these delusional posts or ignore them

Status
Not open for further replies.