Questions about JoJo

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm someone who has never read or watched JoJo, so I have some questions regarding the series.

1. Manga or Anime? Or does it depend on the parts? I've heard some people say read part number in the manga and then watch part number in the anime.

2. Can you skip parts? I've heard some people skip parts but others say not to skip parts.

3. Is JoJo really that good? Or does it depend on the parts?

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
I'm someone who has never read or watched JoJo, so I have some questions regarding the series.

1. Manga or Anime? Or does it depend on the parts? I've heard some people say read part number in the manga and then watch part number in the anime.

2. Can you skip parts? I've heard some people skip parts but others say not to skip parts.

Watch the anime Watch all of them.
It's bonkers. But engaging and fun. And a lot of the openings are great

I

Indigo

1. Watch the anime, then go for the manga. You can go back and read the previous parts if you want, but the anime is a really good adaptation, you won't be losing anything. But the anime is absolutely crazy, and never skip any of the openings, there's something special about JoJo openings...

2. Don't skip parts, JoJo can be an acquired taste, and you should slowly get your "feet in the water" with this anime, jumping straight into part 3 for example can be a huge shock of the style of JoJo compared to other anime / manga. And there's many things about the plot that carry over one part to another, especially characters, so it kinda sucks skipping a part and not knowing about a character's past.

3. JoJo is really good, but you have to understand JoJo is not meant to be taken REALLY SERIOUSLY, it's a really fun, bonkers and kinda crazy story, the characters are funny, the story goes places you just don't expect, and it's overall style is incredible. The manga is really well drawn, so it could be cool to check out previous parts you watched the anime, but you can just get back those later after you finished reading the entire series if you like it.
Post automatically merged:

And just because it's not meant to be taken SERIOUSLY, it doesn't mean that the story has no tense and emotional moments, it's just that overall the main characteristics of JoJo are fun / crazy / style over really structured and full of sense story telling.

S

Shuyaku

Anime. I personally can't even tell what is going on in the manga 99% of the time. JoJo is a funky series that's done justice in animated form.

Hell no. Part 1 gets skipped by a few but i don't recommend. If you don't like it just try to push through, it's not that long. It sets up important characters for later on.

Some parts are more enjoyable than others, but overall a great experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.