Manga Discussion Radiant - Appreciation and Discussion

First thing first, sorry for just creating a random thread. I would have liked to put a new sub-forum but :

1. I don't know how !
2. Sadly, I'm not sure that Radiant is known well-enough to warrant it -yet ?

Without further ado, a little presentation of Radiant :

Hello everyone ! I don't know why I didn't do that before, so here is the appreciation thread for the French manga (manfra) Radiant !

Information
Type:
Manfra (French manga)
Published: July 2013 -still going (12 volumes currently in French, 4 in English, also available in Spanish, German and Japanese)
Genres: Fantasy, Adventure, Shounen
Authors: Tony Valente (Story & Art)
Serialization: None (the author try to release two or three volumes a year but there isn't prepublication)
Synopsis: Seth is a wizard apprentice from the Pompo Hills. Like all wizards, he is an "infected", one of the rare human beings who survived a touch from a Nemesis, those creatures falling from the sky which contaminate and destroy everything they touch. His apparent immunity naturally led him to become a Hunter, so he could fight the Nemesis but more importantly, so he could find the cradle of those monsters : the Radiant.

If you like Naruto, One Piece or My hero Academia, you may want to glance at it, I think you'll like it !

There is also an anime, which will start its second season in October. I haven't watched it yet, because the first few episodes didn't do justice to the manfra apparently, but I heard it really got better toward the end, so i'll try to give it a shot and review it, someday :) !

I'll try to post art from time to time, but it's sometimes really spoilery !

You can find translated chapters up to the tome 11, I think, I suspect that the next few ones will be translated really soon.

Also, two more links for radiant, the wikia and the reddit !
Post automatically merged:

Okay, here are some art from the manga. I'll put them into spoiler, because they can be revealing a tad too many new characters, I think.

Last edited:
I highly recommend starting with the anime if you want to watch it and read the manga or just read the manga and wait for the second season. I'm watching the anime right now and while it isn't bad per se, it truly fails to grasp the spirit of the manga (manfra?) - but season 2 is supposed to be a lot closer.

If need be, here's the link for the whole series (ut so far) in English : http://fanfox.net/manga/radiant/

I just saw this, it's for the Rugby World Cup so it doesn't spoil anything.

And if it surprises you that Tony Valente did that, well, he's from the same town as me originally and here, Rugby's basically soccer/football for Brazilians XD !

I'm glad you liked it.
I don't know if you also read the manga. If you haven't, well, I both recommend to do it, and not, because if you liked the anime, spoiling yourself for the second season, which should be grandiose if it's closer to the manga, well, it would be too bad.

Just saw the first episode of the new season and FINALLY ! Now the anime of Radiant is truly starting !

It bodes very well for the future of the season if they can keep it up.
Post automatically merged:

Episode 2 seen, and it was trul stellar compared to the first season ! I can't wait to see Myr and Ocoho in action !

Last edited:
Tome 13 is out in France, and I'll say this for those who haven't read it. You're not ready ! You are so not ready !

I know I wasn't at all in any case XD
I'm currently at chapter 99 but..
I wonder if the third personality is now possessing Venelope because she is still alive but Melie second personality is now that of the hers.

I think Venelope's personality is rpeventing Melie's original yanderen personality from appearing, actually, but that in turn, Venelope's body has ended in a vegetative state[/spoil]