Discussion Power Rank The Espada

H

Haoshoku

During the Hueco Mundo Saga, all original 10. Add Nel, Luppi and Wonderweiss as a bonus if you want.
10. Aaroniero: Not much to say here, this man stalemated against Rukia even though he could have easily killed her I’d say its a no brainer he’s the weakest.

9: Syazel Aporro: Same as above, though he put up a good fight but he has no case to be higher than this.

8: Zommari: This is another one that’s kind of a no brainer, the only thing he had going for him was hax + speed (which Byakuya was able to keep up with), no reason for him to even be higher than this.

7: Grimmjow: I’ve seen some people place Grimmjow over Nnoitra but Nnoitra at this point in time should be superior, they both have similar fighting styles, both are CQC fighter yet Nnoitra was still ranked higher by Aizen.

6: Nnoitra: See above

5: Halibel: Naturally with Ulquiorra being higher on the list, Halibel comes in here.

4: Barragan: I got Barragan here, people overrate his hax ability to rot everything away when we know higher levels of reiatsu can negate hax in a way:
Some of the dudes above him are also faster and have enough power to get rid of him in a fight.

3: Stark/Yammy:

2: Yammy/Starkk: This one I’m not entirely sure about, I would probably lean towards Yammy since he becomes stronger between each form and he gets 5-10 multiplier (Resserucion are relative to Bankais in multipliers) , which should close any gap that exists between him and Stark however in a fight, Stark is a bad match up.

1: Ulquiorra: And finally Ulquiorra tops the list for me, for multiple reasons.
  • Only Espada at the time to have a Second Release (outside Yammy) which gives him an additional 5-10 times overall boost to his stats on top of what he has already gotten in his first release, erasing any existing gap between him and the higher ranked Espadas, in fact he should be superior to all of them in his second release.
  • Only one to show something like Cero Oscuras, which is noted in the databooks that its power increases by order of magnitude, which means it gets stronger as it gets bigger, a multiplier in of itself.
  • Superior to Yammy because of his speed, pescisa and his Lanza Del Relampago, which should be > Cero Oscuras.

@TheAncientCenturion @Jiihad @RayanOO @ZenZu @Topi Jerami @Edward Teach and the rest.

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
I was gonna make the thread tomorrow, but include the Pre—Time Skip Gotei 13 + Urahara, Isshen and Yoruichi to make it more interesting.

According to the DBs, the Espada are ranked by their reiatsu. Which is one way to tell strength, it's not absolute. I make this known just for the case of Yammy and his Cero Espada status. In my rankings, I don't consider #13 to #10 to even be full Captain Level. I see them being more or less Shikai Captain level or High Vice—Captain Level at best.

13. Aaroniero

Supposedly incredibly versatile, but the fact his resureccion body has little to no agility promises he's not catching most VIce—Captains. Weakest of the Espada easily.

12. Syazel Aporro
His intelligence is pretty great and he's almost a pseudo Askin Nakk Le Vaar with his ability to cancel out opponents spiritual pressure once he's analyzed it, though only when he has home field advantages. Much like Aaroniero, his resurreccion doesn't seem well versed for speedy combat, a must for anything above High Vice—Captain class combat. His Gabriel ability is just useless on opponents faster than hikm.

11. Zommari
Outsped by someone who's the 4rd or 5th fastest shinigami in the Gotei 13 — Slower than Soi Fong, Yamamoto and Unohana (latter two due to massive power differences) and arguably slower than Shunsui — and was a sitting duck in resureccion. If his opponent has any Kido techniques, speed or reiatsu power, he's done for.

10. Wonderweiss
Was powerless against Mashiro with a mask, albeit this is in base. His best feat is sneak attacking Jushiro Ukitake and then getting blasted apart by Zanpakuto-less Yamamoto. Seems half-tough, but not really much to put him any higher. His main strength lies in the modification Aizen gave him.

9. Luppi
Weird case because Kubo had him as a privion Espada or something, but suddenly jumped him up to Espada #6? Didn't bother replacing the others for Luppi. Whatever, that aside, he's moderately impressive and the first true Captain Class Arrancar on the list. The others are strong, but I can't see them beating Captains. I can sort of with Luppi.

8. Grimmjow
Pretty decent fighter. Not much to really say lol. Grimmjow comes across as average. Not as strong as those above him, and doesn't have the cheap gimmicks of those weaker than him.

7. Nnoitra
Strong hierro and good endurance, capable of tolerating his limbs being removed time and time again and continuing to fight.

6. Nelliel Tu Odelschwanck
Apart from her broken mask shortening the duration of her full power, Nelliel's proven stronger than Nnoitra in the flashbacks and while she did use resurreccion to fight with a base Nnoitra, that's also her style. She doesn't waste time and hurries with removing her opponents. Don't really see a need to change Nnoitra or Nelliel's rankings.

5. Halibel
Her stats should all be Ulquiorra+ (excluding Segunta Etapa) meaning she thrashes lower end Captains for breakfast. Her water manipulation seems pretty potent, only downside is the wait-time for her to pull off larger scale moves. Espadas Tres thru Primera were given special highlight regardless, I count them as closer to each other than any of them are to those below them.

4. Yammy Llargo
In full release — which is when his power is stored and he regains the Cero Espada status — his sheer reiatsu is probably among the largest out there. Bigger than Starrk's for sure. But a Zaraki who's injured and a distracted Byakuya were able to handedly beat him and seemed to even fight amongst each other during their bout, even when Yammy evolved beyond what even he thought was possible. He's a power house but I don't see him being effective against trickier opponents or those with more lethality. He's straight forward.

3. Barragan
Controversial opinion to put him this far below. Respira is a broken ability and he's probably one of the fastest Espada, keeping Soi Fong guessing early on in their fight. He only seems very limited against speedy opponents, if Respira doesn't work out. In Spirits are Forever With You, Cien (the empowered clone of Syazel) decries that a Zaraki who is on par with Segunta Etapa Ulquiorra / Vasto Lorde Ichigo could swing his sword to blow away the respira, and that Starrk's reiatsu swords wouldn't be able to reach Zaraki's organs if he stabbed Kenpachi.

While novels aren't always taken strictly as canon, I think Bleach is an exception to that rule. Cien puts more emphasis on Starrk's weaponry over Barragan's, and it opens up the potential to blowing away respira with high level abilities.

2. Coyote Starrk — Primera Espada
Incredibly high reiatsu, the only Espada apart from Ulquiorra in Segunta Etapa to have any highlight made over his reiatsu. He was fairly casual throughout his fight with Shunsui, then again with masked Love and Rose. I don't think he took anything beyond superficial injuries until Kyoraku stabbed him in the chest. Which is a known vulnerable spot for Arrancar, even with hyper-fast regeneration, Segunta Etapa Ulquiorra couldn't recover from organ damage. Starrk continued to fight pretty well until he was outsmarted and Shunsui's own hax abilities allowed him to deal maximum damage to Starrk.

His spirit wolves are some of the deadliest attacks in the Espada's ranks. I can't see Yammy overcoming them, and if they were to preemptively explode, I can definitely seeing that interfering with Barragan's respira.

1. Ulquiorra
Segunta Etapa gives him this lmao. Considering the DBs imply it's an Ulquiorra only status, in which he takes the form of his ancestral Hollow Race, I'm not really sure if it's a true second resureccion, or if it's like Yumichika who can choose between a partial Shikai release and the full thing. He has serious issues with the race of Hollows and where he came from, but that's all my fan speculation. I don't think the difference between him and Starrk is night and day. Starrk operated in the world of the Living, Ulquiorra in the Reishi rich Hueco Mundo and even stated he couldn't control his spiritual attacks very well. But he's the strongest Arrancar until we get to Post—Time Skip Grimmjow, and later CFYOW Halibel, Luppi and Nelliel.

Marimo_420

The Honoured One
10. Yammy- absolute trash. Imagine supposedly becoming the second coming of hulk, and managing to achieve nothing apart from giving ichigo an even more screwed up power level scaling. 'Strongest espada' lmao.

9. Aaroniero Arruruerie- weak and without any likable attributes. Didn'nt achieve much either. Yammy is only ranked lower than this guy as he was massively overhyped.

8. Zommari Rureaux- was actually a pretty cool character with his 'fastest sonido' stuff until Kubo decided to butcher his resurrection. Still disgusts me to this day.

7. Szayelaporro Granz- insanity done right. He definitely gave off the vibes off an off the hinge lunatic. His skillset also unique comparatively speaking to other espadas.

6.Barragan- Pretty cool/op power. Interesting appearance in his resurrection looking like the God of death and all. Pity kubo had to nerf him or use bs match ups so he couldn't achieve much.

5. Noitra Gilga- He was an absolute beast. Ruthless and barbaric. Loved his character and back story, and he got to go out the way he had always wanted. I think his battle with kenpachi was one of the best fights executed in the bleach story.

4. Tier Harribel- Hottest arrancer in the series. Top 3 best female characters in bleach. Only one of the few female characters get decent characterisation in the story. Had to get put down by Aizen because she was op. Still didn't die.

3. Grimmjow Jaegerjaques- HIs introduction pave the way for the most brutal beat down of all beat downs upon the mc. Loved everything about this character and all his fight trilogy against ichigo. Backstory was short and straightforward and he's a goddam badass appearance wise. Only fault I have was to bring Grimmjow back and have him not achieve fuck all. False hype.

2. Ulquiorra Cifer- Cold-heated nihilistic machine. Absolutely loved his character, fights and interactions with the main cast. Made Ichigo undergo his most epic transformation. Only Espada to have a second release/ cero oscuras. The true MVP of the Esapda/arc. But he's just a bit too emo for me to put on the top spot.

1. Starkk- A character so powerful he had to split himself into two. Ranked no 1 because I'm biased. I very much loved his design/appearance in both base and resurrection- He was just an easy going laid back guy looking cool as fuck. Powerwise was pretty cool but I was expecting a bit more than just ceros for the top boss.
I don't think he managed to kill anyone but he did statemale/fight against multiple captains, visords and the future captain general. Actually just gave up in the end due to his lack of interest/depression.

13- Aaroniero
Dude kinda sucks. He's only special due to longevity and the fact he's supposedly equal to 30,000 Hollows. It doesn't change the fact of how he got defeated by Rukia. And I wouldn't really even call it a fluke that much, her Kido worked against Aaroniero and her swordsmanship was lagging behind. Overall Aaroniero would get defeated by any Gotei Captain and Espada. Dude's an embarrassment.
12- Luppi
He's here because he wasn't really an embarrassment, but he also really didn't do anything. He handily defeated several Lieutenant level fighters, then got easily defeated by Toshiro, then gets one-shotted by Grimmjow.
11- Szayel
If we're talking solely due to prep, Szayel could beat anyone here, but other than that, he doesn't have a lot going for him. His antics would still beat the previous two and his resurreccion is still a big danger to opponents.
10- Zommari
Zommari gets a lot of hate for simply appearing in the story only to get mid-diffed by Byakuya. Doesn't change the fact he should have the fastest Sonido and his resurreccion is ridiculous haxxed. In terms of pure hax only Barragan can compete. Byakuya was just the perfect counter against Zommari's ability
9- Nel
Nel is a bit overrated. She had some sort of an upper hand against Nnoitra, but her Cero counter-attack only bruised Nnoitra's arm, she'd get pasted by Nnoitra's resurreccion. I have no doubts in TYBW she's a legit Top 3 Espada, but I'm only counting Pre-Timeskip feats. So she sits here.
8- Yammy
Zero rank means nothing. He's big. He's strong. He's dumb. Kenpachi had a harder time with Nnoitra than Yammy. Moving along.
7- Grimmjow
Ichigo's equal (for most of the Arrancar Saga.) His fighting style and skill is also superior to most here. It's just his stats aren't above the six above him.
6- Nnoitra
This dude doesn't get enough credit. He's Kenpachi's equal and straight-up no sold Kenny's strikes, the same man who created practically a mountain wide crater by bellyflopping in Memories of Nobody. Put together with the fact he has six arms that send Kenny flying with one swing means he's beating anyone below him. He should beat Tier too, but I just see Tier simply drowning him with her water attacks. Oh well.
5- Tier
Like I said above, she's above Nnoitra due to her water attacks+AoE. She should also be above Toshiro who had help with Lisa+Hiyori. It also took more than one of Aizen's swings to put her down, Aizen is the same man who is a literal embodiment for one hit one kill in the the Fake Karakura Town Arc.
4- Wonderweiss
Yamamoto's counter and he blitzed both Jushiro+Shunsui, one-shotted Jushiro. And He should've beaten Mashiro+Kensei offscreen as well. The Mindless kid is a little underrated.
3- Ulquiorra
He has the most firepower overall, he clowned pretty much every Ichigo Form before Zangetsu came out to save Ichigo. He was able to spam Lanza Del Relampago which would destroy Las Noches. But he's still in third.
2- Starrk
Starrk is crazy powerful. He gave Shunsui (who is way superior to Ichigo prior to Dangai...even including Vasto Lorde form) trouble ad is extremely intelligent (figuring out Shunsui's hax quickly) and if we assume Starrk's Ceros>Ulquiorra Ceros, which covered at least of quarter of Las Noches Canopy, then Starrk Cero Metralleta would easily destroy Las Noches.
1- Barragan
Ulquiorra & Starrk has zero ways to deal with Barragan's Respira. Especially when Reiatsu (Kido) aged, something that lasts for thousands of years supposedly drying up instantly. He was the King of Heuco Mundo for a good reason. I still think Aizen was just trolling Barragan by not giving him the Primera Rank.

13- Aaroniero
Dude kinda sucks. He's only special due to longevity and the fact he's supposedly equal to 30,000 Hollows. It doesn't change the fact of how he got defeated by Rukia. And I wouldn't really even call it a fluke that much, her Kido worked against Aaroniero and her swordsmanship was lagging behind. Overall Aaroniero would get defeated by any Gotei Captain and Espada. Dude's an embarrassment.
12- Luppi
He's here because he wasn't really an embarrassment, but he also really didn't do anything. He handily defeated several Lieutenant level fighters, then got easily defeated by Toshiro, then gets one-shotted by Grimmjow.
11- Szayel
If we're talking solely due to prep, Szayel could beat anyone here, but other than that, he doesn't have a lot going for him. His antics would still beat the previous two and his resurreccion is still a big danger to opponents.
10- Zommari
Zommari gets a lot of hate for simply appearing in the story only to get mid-diffed by Byakuya. Doesn't change the fact he should have the fastest Sonido and his resurreccion is ridiculous haxxed. In terms of pure hax only Barragan can compete. Byakuya was just the perfect counter against Zommari's ability
9- Nel
Nel is a bit overrated. She had some sort of an upper hand against Nnoitra, but her Cero counter-attack only bruised Nnoitra's arm, she'd get pasted by Nnoitra's resurreccion. I have no doubts in TYBW she's a legit Top 3 Espada, but I'm only counting Pre-Timeskip feats. So she sits here.
8- Yammy
Zero rank means nothing. He's big. He's strong. He's dumb. Kenpachi had a harder time with Nnoitra than Yammy. Moving along.
7- Grimmjow
Ichigo's equal (for most of the Arrancar Saga.) His fighting style and skill is also superior to most here. It's just his stats aren't above the six above him.
6- Nnoitra
This dude doesn't get enough credit. He's Kenpachi's equal and straight-up no sold Kenny's strikes, the same man who created practically a mountain wide crater by bellyflopping in Memories of Nobody. Put together with the fact he has six arms that send Kenny flying with one swing means he's beating anyone below him. He should beat Tier too, but I just see Tier simply drowning him with her water attacks. Oh well.
5- Tier
Like I said above, she's above Nnoitra due to her water attacks+AoE. She should also be above Toshiro who had help with Lisa+Hiyori. It also took more than one of Aizen's swings to put her down, Aizen is the same man who is a literal embodiment for one hit one kill in the the Fake Karakura Town Arc.
4- Wonderweiss
Yamamoto's counter and he blitzed both Jushiro+Shunsui, one-shotted Jushiro. And He should've beaten Mashiro+Kensei offscreen as well. The Mindless kid is a little underrated.
3- Ulquiorra
He has the most firepower overall, he clowned pretty much every Ichigo Form before Zangetsu came out to save Ichigo. He was able to spam Lanza Del Relampago which would destroy Las Noches. But he's still in third.
2- Starrk
Starrk is crazy powerful. He gave Shunsui (who is way superior to Ichigo prior to Dangai...even including Vasto Lorde form) trouble ad is extremely intelligent (figuring out Shunsui's hax quickly) and if we assume Starrk's Ceros>Ulquiorra Ceros, which covered at least of quarter of Las Noches Canopy, then Starrk Cero Metralleta would easily destroy Las Noches.
1- Barragan
Ulquiorra & Starrk has zero ways to deal with Barragan's Respira. Especially when Reiatsu (Kido) aged, something that lasts for thousands of years supposedly drying up instantly. He was the King of Heuco Mundo for a good reason. I still think Aizen was just trolling Barragan by not giving him the Primera Rank.
Imagine thinking Barragan and Stark are stronger than Segunda Etapa Ulquiorra:whitepress: