General & Others Rate Jujutsu Kaisen

Rate Jujutsu Kaisen

• Total voters

Light D Lamperouge

𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝕮𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝕳𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖊𝖓
uhhhhh this is a tough one

It has really good parts and it has parts that are a bit of a slog

The beginning is slow, the middle (star plasma, shibuya) is really good, and the current section is a mixed bag

I'd say it's a solid 7.5 for me

It would honestly be like a 9 if it had active characters I could get attached to

It feels like every character that I actually enjoyed seeing onscreen was taken out of the story

Jogo had my eyes glued to the page everytime he was onscreen (easily my favorite character) but he's dead, Todo was always fun to have around but he's gone, Mahito didn't have as much depth as Kenjaku but he was always fun to watch, Nanami was a phenomenal teacher and a very realistic character but he's dead, Gojo is sealed, etc

All of the other characters just fall flat for me

I don't care about Yuji that much, Megumi is just the stoic guy with a cool technique, Yuta is boring, Maki was cool till Gege kept shoving the Toji parallel down my throat , Hana is self explanatory she's just a terrible character, etc

I think that's the problem with having a mostly plot driven story. There's very little downtime so it's hard for the readers to form any kind of connection to the characters