General & Others Rivalries in One piece comparable to any other anime

oku and Vegeta from the saiyan saga even the boo saga
Vegeta was above Goku in his base, however, with his Kaio-Ken Goku ended up being above him. It is true that his Ozaru made the gap between them smaller but after he got his tail cut off, the balance died. And now in the Buu Saga even after the Majin SSJ2, Goku was above him. He basically used only his SSJ2 when he had the option to use SSJ3, but he didn't use to avoid hurting his pride. So Vegeta isn't comparable at all with Goku in both Saiyan and Buu saga. (EoS)

Vegeta was above Goku in his base, however, with his Kaio-Ken Goku ended up being above him. It is true that his Ozaru made the gap between them smaller but after he got his tail cut the balance died. And now in the Buu Saga even after the Majin SSJ2, Goku was above him. He basically used only his SSJ2 when he had the option to use SSJ3, but he didn't just so he doesn't hurt his pride. So Vegeta isn't comparable at all with Goku in both Saiyan and Buu saga.
Maybe I haven’t been clear on what I’m talking about

Rivals doesn’t mean “they are equal” or even “comparable”… Rivals means they are rivals. They have an ambition that they are competing over

and the reason I do not believe Kid and Luffy are anywhere near Goku and Vegeta’s rivalry is the EXECUTION OF THE RIVALRY… What does the rivalry mean to both characters? What do they both gain and grow from sue to the rivalry? How does the rivalry actually play out? How does the rivalry end?

do you get what I’m talking about? Vegeta’s jealousy of Goku being the reason the rivalry started for him is BILLIONS OF TIMES better than the reason the rivalry between Luffy and Kid started. Which is just their bounties we’re relative to one another at the same time and they happened to be in the same place.

that’s it. That’s the only reason Luffy and Kid started being rivals. As Compared to Vegeta’s Prince of Saiyans thing and his megalomania and Goku’s entire philosophy of being the best

do you see what I’m talking about?

I’m talking about actual writing. What does Kid think of Luffy? Do you know that? Like what he actually thinks? No. Because there’s nothing there. The rivalry was complete happenstance. And from then on it was completely unrecognized.

min punk hazard kid sees Luffy making gains and Luffy doesn’t even give one flying fuck that kid exists. Do you see? In Wano, Luffy offers to team up with Kid and kid rejects but then shows up and does everything Luffy and his friends tell him to do. When fighting Kaido, Kid bails to fight big mom even though their rivalry was supposedly “Who will kill Kaido” and Kid arrived on the rooftop with no way of even hurting Kaido to begin with

Do you see what I mean? The actual writing around what is happening is subpar. A similar situation was Goku and Vegeta trying to see who can defeat Buu and it’s the same thing where Goku is stronger than Vegeta same way Luffy is stronger than Kid and yet you don’t see things like Vegeta bailing from the fight with boo like Kid does.

The entire rivalry from how it is started to how the characters involved feel about each other and their rivalry and how it’s executed is COMPLETELY INFERIOR TO Goku and Vegeta. In every single way
Post automatically merged:

Kidd, Law and Luffy rivalries can be compared to Sendo, Volg and Ippo from Hajime no Ippo
@U c 4 up da idly Bullshit. Let me show you why, what does Luffy think of his “rivalry” with any of these guys?

You can’t answer that question and yet you know Ippo’s thoughts on his rivalries right?

you know why, because Luffy doesn’t actually think about the rivalry because it doesn’t actually exist to him

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
Vegeta was above Goku in his base, however, with his Kaio-Ken Goku ended up being above him. It is true that his Ozaru made the gap between them smaller but after he got his tail cut off, the balance died. And now in the Buu Saga even after the Majin SSJ2, Goku was above him. He basically used only his SSJ2 when he had the option to use SSJ3, but he didn't use to avoid hurting his pride. So Vegeta isn't comparable at all with Goku in both Saiyan and Buu saga. (EoS)
Actually vegeta was stronger and beat goku 1 vs 1 in the first fight. It took yajirobe krillen gohan etc to beat vegeta goku was done and unable to move way before the end of the fight.

There’s no rivalry in One Piece because Luffy is Oda’s golden boy and he goes out of his way to wank him

Vegeta was leagues above Goku. He was stronger in base and was stronger when both were transformed. Goku was severely outclassed in that fight

Actually vegeta was stronger and beat goku 1 vs 1 in the first fight. It took yajirobe krillen gohan etc to beat vegeta goku was done and unable to move way before the end of the fight.
I am speaking about the end of the arc. I am not going fight by fight but rather looking at the conclusion of the arc.

Maybe I haven’t been clear on what I’m talking about

Rivals doesn’t mean “they are equal” or even “comparable”… Rivals means they are rivals. They have an ambition that they are competing over

and the reason I do not believe Kid and Luffy are anywhere near Goku and Vegeta’s rivalry is the EXECUTION OF THE RIVALRY… What does the rivalry mean to both characters? What do they both gain and grow from sue to the rivalry? How does the rivalry actually play out? How does the rivalry end?

do you get what I’m talking about? Vegeta’s jealousy of Goku being the reason the rivalry started for him is BILLIONS OF TIMES better than the reason the rivalry between Luffy and Kid started. Which is just their bounties we’re relative to one another at the same time and they happened to be in the same place.

that’s it. That’s the only reason Luffy and Kid started being rivals. As Compared to Vegeta’s Prince of Saiyans thing and his megalomania and Goku’s entire philosophy of being the best

do you see what I’m talking about?

I’m talking about actual writing. What does Kid think of Luffy? Do you know that? Like what he actually thinks? No. Because there’s nothing there. The rivalry was complete happenstance. And from then on it was completely unrecognized.

min punk hazard kid sees Luffy making gains and Luffy doesn’t even give one flying fuck that kid exists. Do you see? In Wano, Luffy offers to team up with Kid and kid rejects but then shows up and does everything Luffy and his friends tell him to do. When fighting Kaido, Kid bails to fight big mom even though their rivalry was supposedly “Who will kill Kaido” and Kid arrived on the rooftop with no way of even hurting Kaido to begin with

Do you see what I mean? The actual writing around what is happening is subpar. A similar situation was Goku and Vegeta trying to see who can defeat Buu and it’s the same thing where Goku is stronger than Vegeta same way Luffy is stronger than Kid and yet you don’t see things like Vegeta bailing from the fight with boo like Kid does.

The entire rivalry from how it is started to how the characters involved feel about each other and their rivalry and how it’s executed is COMPLETELY INFERIOR TO Goku and Vegeta. In every single way

@U c 4 up da idly Bullshit. Let me show you why, what does Luffy think of his “rivalry” with any of these guys?

You can’t answer that question and yet you know Ippo’s thoughts on his rivalries right?

you know why, because Luffy doesn’t actually think about the rivalry because it doesn’t actually exist to him
If you are speaking about that then I agree, Goku's rivalry with Vegeta is better in every aspect.

So am I. At the end of the sayin saga as vegeta leaves in the pod vegeta was > goku.
Imo when the arc was over, if they were to fight, Goku would take the W. After all, his Kaioken boost would give him the edge against a Vegeta without his Ozaru.

No real rivalries in One Piece right now, Luffy confirmed to be JoyBoy reincarnation, so no one really is a rival for him except like Imu/BB. The rest are just gag rivalries, just like in every anime, generally rivalries in Anime always have a clear stronger side like Gon vs Killua or Goku vs Vegeta

A vegeta with Ozaru. At the end of the arc he doesn't have the tail anymore.
At the end of the arc Goku couldn’t even move or transform, Vegeta was still able to walk around and actually beat the shit out of Yajirobe before being hit by the spirit bomb and still was walking lol

you need to rewatch the fight, Vegeta at the time was a true tank

Hmmmm

Akainu v Aokiji was a good momentary rivalry but it was more an affair of Marine than a personal matter. Even though Aokiji highly despised Absolute Justice.

Zoro v Sanji are less rivals than most portray them and defeat not on Goku v Vegeta tier also because the gap is too extensive but mostly due not that many compelling motifs.

Luffy and Blackbeard is the main One Piece rivalry. Nothing else in the series compares to it. Everyone else is too friendly with each other (Shanks and Mihawk, Roger and Whitebeard and Garp)/on the same side as each other(Zoro and Sanji, Luffy and Kid and Law)/not as important to the series as a whole (Law and Doflamingo, Oden and Kaido).

Luffy and Blackbeard, they’ve fought each other in the past. They’ll fight each other again in the future. They‘ve both risen in the world together, and each was effected by the actions of the other. D vs D, crew vs crew.

Roger and Xebec might come close when we learn more about it.