Future Events Robin Will Go To The Roof!

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
Not really :laughmoji:

Some of y’all appear to have lost your damn minds over the already-infamous double spread in chapter 1000...so let’s try to look at this rationally:

Luffy/Law/Kid - all Supernovae and captains of their crews
Zoro/Killer - the only non-captain Supernovae, notably powerful in their own right

Thanks to Oden’s logbook (and about 15 years of pretext), we can be assured that not only will nine shadows stand against Kaido (and apparently Big Mom)...we already have five of them ready to go, and a lot of y’all are trying to figure out who the other four will be. I believe the answer is right in front of us :fujilaugh:

We have three other Supernovae currently roaming around Onigashima - Drake, Apoo, and Hawkins. Seeing as the whole point of this raid is “newbies taking down the elderly,” it stands to reason that every member of the Worst Generation will make an appearance in this fight. Drake’s already committed his heel turn and rejoined the good guys; Apoo now sees that his place in the Beast Pirates is anything but secure, leading me to believe he’ll soon twist the knife as well; Hawkins seems to still be entrenched in Kaido’s ranks, but his entire portrayal since Sabaody shows that he’s an opportunist who isn’t above changing allegiances to save his own ass.

At the moment, all three are either dealing with fodder or otherwise unaccounted for, but if Oda really wants to drive home the point that a bunch of upstarts are gonna forcibly relinquish the Yonko stranglehold on the New World, it makes sense that a trio of Supernovae will be far more useful than nothing. So, if we assume that those three will join the fray, who makes the most sense as number 9?

Isn’t it obvious by who’s posting this thread? :wellwell:

It’s gonna be Yamato :amazing:

Think about it - who else is powerful enough to face the Yonko without immediately getting their shit wrecked? Who has ample motivation to see Kaido fall? Who knows the man himself better than his own child? Honestly, who the hell else could it be?

It’s not Sanji, because he would have shown up as a part of the new wave; the Scabbards are fully done and out of commission, and are better suited for lower level veterans at this point; it’s not Momo, the kid is still terrified of the guy who killed his daddy (and is also eight years old); the other SHP are previously engaged with Flying Six fighters or running away from the same; Marco’s holding King and Queen at bay, and he would be a completely antithetical choice to stand with the kids as he’s the last major symbol of Whitebeard’s reign; let’s not even pretend like Carrot has a reason to fight anyone present other than Perospero.

While other parties such as the Marines, the Revolutionaries, or the Blackbeard Pirates could show up, they haven’t yet, and it feels like we’re really getting into the meat of this war now. Who among any of those organizations could stake a claim as a powerful young combatant? Dragon or Sabo could fit the description, except one is closer to Kaido/Linlin in age and the other may be stuck in Mariejois/Impel Down after the Reverie. Realistically, that doesn’t leave us with anybody but Yamato to round out the roster.

I’d invite y’all to change my mind in the comments, but a) you won’t be able to do it, and b) most of you aren’t even gonna try before insulting me :sweat:

Last edited:

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
Yeah she says as kids say at one point or another. But will Oda show yamato taking part in a fight where her father is going to be killed?
Look at this again, tell me how much wriggle room you hear in “LET my father die”...not saying it as a child, but rather in the heat of battle after her handcuffs exploded.

There is literally 0 percent Yamato sides with her dad, she's hated her father her whole life.

As much as it pains me to say this, 100% chance Yamato is joining Luffy's crew after Wano, it parallel's Oden joining Rodger, basically joining on the tail end of Rodgers Journey Yamato joining on Tailend of Luffy's journey it makes perfect sense, and the flashbacks with Ace, etc

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
Yeah but let him and I'm going to take direct part in killing him is a huge jump.
I’m willing to accept this interpretation, but I don’t agree with it. Kaido has routinely abused and held Yamato captive for 20 entire years, all because she expressed admiration for the man who he wishes had been able to kill him. He has prevented his (seemingly) only child from living the life she wanted on the ocean, kept her shackled with explosives in case she tried to leave, and currently plans to have her serve in a capacity (shogun of New Onigashima) that she does not wish to accept. Perhaps there will be some lingering affection as a hesitation when they square off, but I find it hard to believe that she’ll suddenly lose her nerve given all of the above.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
You maybe right. But do you think One piece is a sort of manga where Oda will show a daughter taking direct part in killing her own father, while he even doesn't show the most basic deaths.?
Nah, but she doesn’t have to be the one who strikes the fatal blow...she can be a part of his demise without directly causing it, especially with eight other people there and at least two (Zoro/presumably Kid) who’d like to do it for her.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
Yeah it might happen that way. But she would've contributed nonetheless in her own fathers death.

Even though I believe in ZKK. With Oda introducing a kid and even more so a girl. I get a bit iffy about ZKK. But maybe thats why he is playing with her gender and also making her hate Kaido.

The most emotional and impactful thing would be Yamato crying after seeing her father die and remembering the good times with him. This would make Kaido more human. May also turn into a flashback where we see why he chose this path of evil.
Well, that last bit assumes Kaido is actually human...we still don’t have any hard confirmation of that fact :emohiyo:

Still, I could just as easily see this coming to pass as anything else. For the time being, it seems like Yamato would rather have her father shuffle off this mortal coil, so that’s what I’m sticking with for now.