Theory Dragon is a lunarian

This theory consists of 2 parts, it mainly focuses on Dragon being part of a special race, but due to heavy implications from the manga I decided to link him to Xebec too. From a different perspective, this thread can have nothing to do with Dragon but instead prove Xebec to be a lunarian alone. But wack theories are more compelling so here we go

Points that led me to theorize about this:
1. Why would you introduce such an important race and claim it's near extinct, then have the sole survivor brutally murdered/captured
2. Dragon having a major secret about his life as mentioned in his vivre card. He is so mysterious that even his most trusted subordinates don't know which sea he originates from.
3. Why is this guy so hellbent on overthrowing the government and what's the reason behind Garp's antagonism to the CDs
4. "Dragon" is too weird of a name to be random for the main character's father

Chapter 1059 gaves some new hints that can support this theory. Lunarians are called seraphims, which are celestial creatures from the Abrahamic religions that, in many contexts, are known as dragons, thus the name Celestial Dragons, the original god race that was replaced by bozos like St. Charlos. I'm fairly certain this has to do with the name "dragon".

An interesting point here is that, while Seraphims are mostly known to have the ability to manipulate fire, some were able to manipulate wind, water and earth too. This could mean there are multiple clans within the god race with each having a specific signature element

Some points against this theory
1. Why is he called "monkey": well if you have such a notorious family name you better hide behind your wife's name
2. Why did Dragon say he's from Goa: who knows, might be of mixed origin, but the other clues indicate otherwise.
3. No wings/ white hair: might be the feature of a different clan
Some symbolism I liked is how the devil, originally a seraphim, was cast out and had his wings removed after he went rogue, ultimately casting him down to earth where he wreaked havoc, potentially Xebec in OP verse.

To start with, Kaido knew King was a lunarian, and even if King was the one to tell him, at the very least he knew what they were. Not something you expect from a brute like this, where would he acquire such knowledge about a well hidden race

Whitebeard also seemed to know a lot about them.

Big Meme

Obviously they were all previous subordinates of Xebec

And now we have Teach who is a huge fan of Xebec

Visual similarites between King and Dragon: dark skin, whacky tattoo. This tattoo is way to goofy for someone trying to overthrow the WG

Similarities between Rocks and Dragon: head with the same shape, sharp eyes, similar brow ridge, dark skin, no eyebrows, similar hair

On the other hand, Dragon looks and acts nothing like Garp and Luffy.
Fun fact: never once in the series has Garp referred to Dragon as his son. Here he uses "child" but not son.

This panel is from Road to Laughtale, Big Mom was the one who helped Kaido to acquire his df. We know Big Mom has history of obtaining a devil fruit from a corpse when she ate Mother Caramel who had the soul df. Why would this be relevant at this point considering they're both dead, could this "deep tie" be related to Dragon's name itself.

His vivre card also mentions a wild secret about his past. There must be a reason why this dude is so mysterious that even his trusted commanders don't even know which sea he hails from.

Here's some gibberish I found from some chinese mythology, which Oda has frequently used throughout the story
"In Chinese legend, the Dragon Kings were believed to be the rulers of weather and water, such as rainfall, waterfalls, rivers, and seas. Four Dragon Kings each controlled a sea of China: ‘East Sea’ ‘South Sea’, ‘West Sea’, and ‘North Sea’. The four Dragon Kings were believed to be the dispensers of rain and wind.
In many Chinese villages, there are still some temples or shrines to worship the Dragon Kings to seek their blessings of good weather for harvests and all year round. In pre-modern times, local people offered sacrifices to appease the Dragon Kings to stop flooding or droughts"

Liu Bang (also known as Emperer Gao)
The Song of the Great Wind was a song composed by Liu Bang in when he visited his hometown in Pei County after suppressing a rebellion.

Liu Bang was often thought to have the semblance of a dragon.

According to legend, it is said that Liu Bang encountered a snake as it got in his way in the wild, and he cut it into two halves with his sword. An old woman told people that she saw a dragon killing a snake in the wild so people believed that Liu Bang was the incarnation of the Dragon. (I'll talk about the snake in the last part.

Dragon arriving at Goa kingdom (emperor Gao), clearing the path with the "great wind".

In Logue town, where we first meet Dragon, the sky is clear at first but suddenly a rainy storm manifests as Luffy is about to die.

After leaving Logue town, Nami was surprised the storm disappeared suddenly.

Dragon is a revolutionary who's set to put an end to the CDs regime. At this point we can assume that the red line will be destroyed by the EoS. This has to be the case as a privilaged land like Marejois has to be erased, we also know that the FI tree will be destroyed, allowing the island that directly lies beneath Marejois to resurface.
That said, here are some mythology hints that can clarify Dragon's role in the story:

There are multiple legends of a dragon killing a snake to free the world, won't add useless details that's all that is needed to know.
The red line separates the four seas, and as have been theorized for years, the red line will be destroyed to bring back the world together.

Jormungandr: in Norse Mythology, it is a sea serpent known as the world serpent that encricles midgard (earth).

Oda will definitely pull something like this to make Goofy even more special.

Last edited:
I doubt that Dragon was born in the Goa Kingdom and is for sure Garp's son.

the whole D clan might be of Lunarian descendance if it about his face tatto , so it could have been known to lunarian and if Dragon knows the history he might make the tatto to indicate his origin.
his father and his son has injuries in the same side of the face.
Another question remains unanswered, why did Blackbeard, the man who inherited Rocks' legacy, attack the headquarters of the revolutionary army? We might find out soon
it was answered he attacked the place because Burgess told him that he can have weapons it is not a matter of a speculation. it is a fact.

You should really read the story before you make a theory since something are already explained.

Last edited:
I doubt that Dragon was born in the Goa Kingdom and is for sure Garp's son.

the whole D clan might be of Lunarian descendance if it about his face tatto , so it could have been known to lunarian and if Dragon knows the history he might make the tatto to indicate his origin.
his father and his son has injuries in the same side of the face.

it was answered he attacked the place because Burgess told him that he can have weapons it is not a matter of a speculation. it is a fact.

You should really read the story before you make a theory since something are already explained.
1. Born in it doesn't mean he originally came from it. This might add an answer to how Dragon met Luffy's mother.
2. That was Burgess's idea of the attack not Blackbeard's. Maybe I should have phrased it differently, but I was going for the ties between Blackbeard, being the inheritor of Xebec's legacy and the son of Xebec himself
3. You left the out major idea of the theory and stopped at minor filler. Learn constructive criticism.

1. Born in it doesn't mean he originally came from it. This might add an answer to how Dragon met Luffy's mother.
2. That was Burgess's idea of the attack not Blackbeard's. Maybe I should have phrased it differently, but I was going for the ties between Blackbeard, being the inheritor of Xebec's legacy and the son of Xebec himself
3. You left the out major idea of the theory and stopped at minor filler. Learn constructive criticism.
nothing can support your speculation of the story it is more the opposite.

I dont think lunarians are Ds. DThey are one of few races who are born on red line.

Dragon was not born on red line. I still think Lunarians may well have had past alliance with D clan.

I dont think lunarians are Ds. DThey are one of few races who are born on red line.

Dragon was not born on red line. I still think Lunarians may well have had past alliance with D clan.
I also do, I think they were part of the Ancient Kingdom and so was Wano. But everyone who were apart of it were closed off, isolated or wiped out by the world gov.

B

Ballel

Their head has the same configuration, sharp eyes with the same shape, same brow ridge (red circles), dark skin tone, both have no eyebrows, very similar hair
On the other hand, Dragon looks and acts nothing like Garp and Luffy.

That's just Oda's template for male characters.
The last pic almost looks like Oden.
This is from chapter 1053.1. Big Mom was the one who helped Kaido to acquire the Dragon devil fruit. We know Big Mom has history of obtaining a devil fruit from a corpse when she ate Mother Caramel who had the soul df. Could this be the case here? Rocks had the dragon devil fruit and Kaido took it from his captain's dead body. Rocks could've named his son his power? There's still a lot we don't know about Rocks and the taboos he tried to break.

His vivre card also mentions a wild secret of his past. There must be a reason why this dude is so mysterious that even his trusted commanders don't even know which sea he hails from.
Now I really like this one.
But I don't think Dragon's a Lunarian.