Current Events Rooftop Five hype "The strongest pirates of the new generation"

It took Kaidou a full beating from 9 Scabbards and 5 SNs to get to the point where Luffy can 1v1
It's absolutely retarded to think that a full-health Big Mom is gonna get 1v1 by Kid, who, conveniently, got removed from the rooftop the moment Luffy figured out the key of COC.
Like Kid doesn't have anything over Luffy, FS-nope, speed-nope, raw strength-nope, Armanent-nope, COC-nope.
But somehow, he's gonna solo Big Mom, a 100% health at that.
Kid has 10 chapters to show what he's worth. And so far, he's got nothing. There's no excuse. Luffy has gone all out, he's hurt Kaidou before firguing out the key to COC. Kid is the only one who's not praised by either of the Yonkou, individually. So Kid fans should just shut the fuck up and be humble until their fav got some feats to back up their claim.
Think that's pretty unfair to judge considering it seems he was always meant to fight BM instead of Kaido. How about we wait and see first, like I was saying

Think that's pretty unfair to judge considering it seems he was always meant to fight BM instead of Kaido. How about we wait and see first, like I was saying
2 chapters ago Kid fans was mostly against the idea of Kid facing BM, saying that Kid is staying with Kaidou because he has beef with him. And now suddenly he was always meant to fight BM.
And this is the problem with Kid beating BM. It has zero build up, aside from that 1 time Kid attacked BM's fleet and injured a Sweet Commanders. Kid and BM haven't even interacted, they haven't spoken. Lufy got all the build-up in the world to beat her. He repeteadly made PROMISE to Katakuri and Big Mom that he's gonna COME BACK and BEAT BIG MOM AFTER KAIDOU. But somehow, some "self-proclaimed" rival is gonna steal what's been built up since Fishman Island?

2 chapters ago Kid fans was mostly against the idea of Kid facing BM, saying that Kid is staying with Kaidou because he has beef with him. And now suddenly he was always meant to fight BM.
And this is the problem with Kid beating BM. It has zero build up, aside from that 1 time Kid attacked BM's fleet and injured a Sweet Commanders. Kid and BM haven't even interacted, they haven't spoken. Lufy got all the build-up in the world to beat her. He repeteadly made PROMISE to Katakuri and Big Mom that he's gonna COME BACK and BEAT BIG MOM AFTER KAIDOU. But somehow, some "self-proclaimed" rival is gonna steal what's been built up since Fishman Island?
I don't care about Kids fans. I have nothing to do with what they think. That's not my point. The point is Kid is fighting Big Mom right now while Luffy is fighting Kaido. Thats like taking Katakuri's words literally and assuming we are going back to WCI to literally kick her ass. At that time we didn't know she was going to be in Wano. We never literally were going back there in the first place. Her losing at the hands of Luffy lost its true purpose the moment he beat her top commander, stole the RP and escaped. She basically lost to him there already. It being Kids fight now actually works because Kaido is Luffy's main problem. Big Mom is a bygone issue from the previous arc, its fine if it's not actually his fight.

And yes, Kid and BM actually do have beef. He went to WCI and stole "something" (that something was never specified). This was talked about during WCI at the time. Who knows what Oda builds or sets up between them.

Kid is the only other proficient conquers user on the roof currently, as Kaido has confirmed. If Kid doesn't hold back Big Mom, then fundamentally the entire alliance is screwed because there is nobody else who could effectively hold her back at this point. And Luffy isn't 2v1'ing the Yonko.

So like i said, let's wait and see what Oda does does Kid and Big Mom before spouting assumptions about his character or what he can and can't accomplish.

Last edited:
Should be a Poneglyph. If not Oda just cucked Kidd with Big Mom to give Luffy his 1 vs 1 moment:gokulaugh:
I assume this is what it was (since I can't see what else it could be). Funny enough I actually do think they will have a rivalry until the last Poneglyph

One theory I was thinking about before was that if both have the WCI RP, and since Luffy has the Zou one, maybe Kid and Killer find the Wano one. Then since both crews need the opposite, they trade and make it competitive to find the last one.

Obviously this is based on the precedent that Oda is making Big Mom and Kid fight for a reason. I do agree that he needs to start showing shit off to stay even with Luffy but we'll see what happens.

Not judging until either he loses or has something big up his sleeve

Luffy said only several chapters ago that the purpose of the raid wasn't just to beat kaido but to beat Kaido, Orochi, and Big Mom

There is no way charlotte linlin in all her clownery is going to be a main antagonist for yet another arc after this, especially since Luffy is about to 1v1 kaido and by feats could honestly be stronger than big mom at the moment. Luffy vs big mom, whenever it happens, will probably be an uneventful curbstomp in luffy's favor.
Post automatically merged:

Anyways; I think Kid's feats are heavily downplayed by some people in the community. He:
  • threw dragon kaido
  • threw big mom into the sky using one prosthetic arm, an attack far weaker than punk rotten
  • tanked a big mom punch to the face as well as big mom's lightning
  • survived against hybrid kaido and big mom for at least 10 minutes while Luffy's haki reovered
Honestly, I'd put punk rotten Kid slightly below base Luffy pre-ACoC. While he didn't make dragon kaido bleed, dragon kaido has a much higher durability than hybrid or base kaido. This can blatantly be seen by the fact that gamma knife didn't make dragon kaido cough up blood by injection shot did to hybrid kaido.

But imo Kid is almost guaranteed to receive a power up in his fight against big mom. If for no other reason, he has consistently been portrayed as Luffy's rival and him not getting a power up while Luffy just got a huge one, would essentially mean the death of their rivalry. I don't think Oda is going to do that, especially given that we know he's going to play a huge role once shanks gets involved in the story.

Last edited:
rooftop rankings based on performance so far

luffy>zoro~law>kid>killer

actual should be rankings by the end of wano

luffy>law~kid>zoro>killer

EOS rankings

luffy>law~kid~zoro>killer
This is my personal ranking, even though it's not a granted for the last two:

Current performance wise:
Zoro > Luffy > Law > Killer > Kidd

Post Wano power levels:
Zoro = Luffy > Kidd > Law > Killer

EoS:
More or less the same perhaps

Imo, the only character on the roof ''top tier'' is Luffy.
All the other 4 are YC lvl who learned tricks to answer Kaido's defense.

But this is up to second order, Kid and Law must still awaken their DF powers and then become top tiers later
Kaido called what Law and Kidd did tricks, he didn't say that about Zoro.

Zoro fucking scarred Kaido whether you like it or not. Keep coping candy.

Last edited: