Sign-up Round 09: Throne of Lies

Who's the best host on the forum?

• Total voters
D

Dragomir

Host: @Dragomir

Hello there! It is your favorite host again and I'm here to introduce to you a different version of Mafia. The gameplay is the same, of course, but the mechanics are different. It is likewise to Town of Salem with how everything is fixed and can't be changed(as well as trial and death notes) but that's where the similarities end(y'all better not bring ToS into this, I swear). Let's begin.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What is Throne of Lies?

Factions: as you can see from the banner, it is a game of deception just like normal Mafia but again with different mechanics. The first thing you'll notice will be the factions. Town is called Blue Dragon. There are 2 scum teams. Cult and the Unseen. You can only have 1 of these teams in the game. Both have the power to convert during the night instead of a factional kill. They gain a killing power by converting specific Blue Dragon roles. Also, both cannot exist at the same time. The wincons are still the same. BD must kill Cult/Unseen(as well as harmful indies) and vice versa.

King: another noticeable addition is the "King". A player will be assigned the role at random before the start of the game. That player will be officially announced as the King at the start of the game. The King can't be targeted by a majority of the roles in the game. There are a couple that can directly target him under specific circumstances. In the event that the King dies, a new King must be elected. During the day phase, there will be a round where players may nominate themselves to become King. When that self-nomination round is over, the voting round will start and the nominated player with the most votes at the end will be elected. Players who are Royals will have votes count for 2 on them if they nominated themselves. The Princess, Prince, Drunk, and the Noble are part of the Royal Class. Do note that if any one of these roles is converted to Cult/Unseen they will still remain Royals. One last thing about the King is that they can be Good or Bad. The starting King will be randomly assigned to either Blue Dragon or Cult/Unseen. Psycho and Neutral Kings are only possible in the event that an independent is nominated to become King. A Cult/Unseen King will not know their teammates.

P.S. There is a specific name for this type of setup in normal Mafia. It is called Kingmaker. It is very rare but can happen. My Whole Cake Island game will be Kingmaker because you know...Big Mom and stuff.

Trials: similar to ToS, after the majority is reached on a player, there will be a trial before the said player is executed. When accusing a player of treason just vote for them as you would do in a standard Mafia game. During phase 1 of the trial, the accused may come and defend themselves. Players can still talk during this phase and respond to the accused's defenses and whatnot. During phase 2 of the trial, all players must stop talking. In this phase, the voting for execution will commence. The King has the power to decide the accused's fate. What that means is they can save the accused or have them executed immediately regardless of the votes. This power is a one-shot. The King has other abilities, of course.

Logbook: this is the equivalent of the death note in ToS. A player may write whatever they want in there. In the event that they die, the logbook will be revealed. It will only be revealed the player is killed at night.

Killer's Note: the killer of a player can leave a note behind which will be revealed at the end of the night. This note will not contain actual valuable information and is mainly used to just troll.

Lore: this game contains an actual story! In each write-up, I will post the lore for you guys to read. It is actually very interesting.

There is a whispering mechanic in the game that works just like ToS but I'm banning it for two reasons. It can be broken and it's fucking annoying to deal with as a host. I hate having to send all these whispers around. AL's ToS game proved how often you guys use it *ahem Reborn*. So for my own sanity, I say to hell with it.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Classes

Special: these roles do not belong to another class type due to their abilities that shape the game. These roles are unique, meaning that there can only be one. The King is an example of this.
Offensive: these roles can disrupt others with their abilities.
Support: these roles aid others by healing them or with other supportive abilities.
Killer: self-explanatory. These roles can kill.
Investigative: self-explanatory. These roles can find information about another player's role.
Social: these roles can interact with another role through a chat system or with other social abilities.
Here is a link to the wiki: https://tol.fandom.com/wiki/Throne_of_Lies:_The_Online_Game_of_Lies_and_Deceit_Wikia. I highly recommend that you go through this wiki in order to get a better understanding of the game. All possible roles and their abilities will also be listed here.

One last note: this game is >> to ToS in every single possible way.

Rules:
-All forms of claiming are legal and will have no restriction whatsoever. That being said, don't get carried away like in AL's ToS game. It will ruin the game.
-To vote, you must write Vote X Player(I don't care if you have the "lynch" part or not). Votes without bolding will still be counted but please bold anyway so I can see it. I will not apologize if I miss an unbolded vote. Lastly, unvoting is not necessary to change your vote.
-The game will have a Day start. Each phase will last for 24-hours(I may shorten this as we get closer to the endgame).
-You must post at least 5 times in order to be considered active. Failure to do so once will lead to a mod-block. Failure to do so twice will lead to a substitution or a mod-kill.
-Please do not angle-shoot. If you are unsure whether or not what you're about to post is angle-shooting then just ask me in PM. Angle-shooting once will lead to a warning. Do it twice and I'll take away your vote power. Three times or more and you will be mod-killed on the spot.
-I will answer all questions in PM(unless they pertain to the overall setup of the game).

The Court:
1. @LANJI CUCKSMOKE
2. @Queen
3. @krogothwolf
4. @Seraphoenix
5. @Flower
6. @Finalbeta
7. @Reborn
8. @AL sama
9. @Cinera
10. @Kiwipom
11. @Yo Tan Wa
12. @TheAncientCenturion
13. @Power
14. @Dark Admiral
15. @Fiji
16. @Chrono
17. @Inflamed Haki
18. @Natalija
19. @Zoro D Goat
20. @NeutralWatcher

Substitutes:
1. @Hawks

In order to signup, you must say: Drago is the best Mafia host on Worstgen!:kata:

Last edited by a moderator: