Character Discussion Sanji’s character development in chapter 1031!

Warchief Sanji D Goat

Ubel > Frieren and Fern
I know it’s late but it’s better late than never.

Thanks this post for giving me idea.
https://www.opfanpage.com/2021/11/1...written-and-developed-character-in-one-piece/
  • He uses the raid suit against his pride, saving the Flower Capital citizens, and then Nami, Robin, Shinobu and Momonosuke.

• Black Maria and her group of women pretend to be women getting attacked by a perverted man, so Sanji tries to save them only to get caught. After getting caught by Black Maria, he shows his character development by asking Robin to come save him. He has learned that he does not have to shoulder all the burden himself and can ask help from others.

• Due to usage of the raid suit, his latent Germa genes awaken, giving him exoskeleton like his siblings. Queen literally swings a sword to his throat, and the swird shatters into pieces while Sanji is unfazed. This makes him have a crisis, as it may cause him to become emotionless like his brothers.

• He gets lost in thought and it is implied that he accidentally hit a woman (even though it most probably did not happen). This causes his mind to plummet even more.

• Sanji’s journey up until this point has been more about supporting his friends than finding his dream. And even at this point of Life or Death – he goes back to think of Luffy. What will he want? A Perfect Science Soldier or An “Imperfect” Man?!

• Obviously a soldier is more useful for a King, than a cook/man – who is useless against women. But! But not for his King. Not for his friend! Even through a million turmoils, he knows Luffy will want Sanji just to be himself. So Sanji takes a decision and destroys the raid suit because he does not want to transform into his brothers anymore than he already has.

• He then calls Zoro via Den Den Mushi and asks Zoro to kill him if he is not himself at the end of this battle.

• He gets extremely pissed at Queen (who has been badgering him to use the raid suit, because he used to work with Judge) and hits him with Hell Memories.

I will add a few things here. When Sanji approached Queen, he has two choices to make. Either be a normal fighter who is useless against woman opponent or a emotionless killer who can beat even Queen easily. Luffy, Zeff and Sora won’t want Sanji as a cold-hearted killer but rather a boy who is chivalrous and do what’s right. Sanji knew it too, so he destroyed the RS to demonstrate his conviction.

Another point is that when Sanji tells Zoro to kill Sanji if he isn’t himself. This shows how much Sanji and Zoro trusted each others. Sanji would rather die than becoming a person that he doesn’t want to be proves how strong his willpower are. And the fact that Zoro doesn’t question anything about Sanji’s situation indicates that Zoro trusted Sanji the most in the crew.

That is all for now. ^^

The FAKE development which got destroyed in the same arc.

Being emontionless? Hitting woman? We found out at 1034 that he never became that in first place. He had no reason to destroy raid suit. And his power up continued anyway. So what was the point of all that again?

Zoro trusts in Sanji. For sure it does. But not how you said. Zoro was fighting King, he would said anything to Sanji shut up and focus on his battle.

And about Luffy. Pretty sure he would accept Sanji anyway. He chose Sanji mostly because of his cooking skills than anything else right?

Actually , problem is not devolopment. Problem is the fights including kingandzoro was very ridicilious. Oda should read the other manga fights like demon slayer , black clover. when fight become garbage , devolopment dont become impressive.

I know it’s late but it’s better late than never.

Thanks this post for giving me idea.
https://www.opfanpage.com/2021/11/1...written-and-developed-character-in-one-piece/
  • He uses the raid suit against his pride, saving the Flower Capital citizens, and then Nami, Robin, Shinobu and Momonosuke.

• Black Maria and her group of women pretend to be women getting attacked by a perverted man, so Sanji tries to save them only to get caught. After getting caught by Black Maria, he shows his character development by asking Robin to come save him. He has learned that he does not have to shoulder all the burden himself and can ask help from others.

• Due to usage of the raid suit, his latent Germa genes awaken, giving him exoskeleton like his siblings. Queen literally swings a sword to his throat, and the swird shatters into pieces while Sanji is unfazed. This makes him have a crisis, as it may cause him to become emotionless like his brothers.

• He gets lost in thought and it is implied that he accidentally hit a woman (even though it most probably did not happen). This causes his mind to plummet even more.

• Sanji’s journey up until this point has been more about supporting his friends than finding his dream. And even at this point of Life or Death – he goes back to think of Luffy. What will he want? A Perfect Science Soldier or An “Imperfect” Man?!

• Obviously a soldier is more useful for a King, than a cook/man – who is useless against women. But! But not for his King. Not for his friend! Even through a million turmoils, he knows Luffy will want Sanji just to be himself. So Sanji takes a decision and destroys the raid suit because he does not want to transform into his brothers anymore than he already has.

• He then calls Zoro via Den Den Mushi and asks Zoro to kill him if he is not himself at the end of this battle.

• He gets extremely pissed at Queen (who has been badgering him to use the raid suit, because he used to work with Judge) and hits him with Hell Memories.

I will add a few things here. When Sanji approached Queen, he has two choices to make. Either be a normal fighter who is useless against woman opponent or a emotionless killer who can beat even Queen easily. Luffy, Zeff and Sora won’t want Sanji as a cold-hearted killer but rather a boy who is chivalrous and do what’s right. Sanji knew it too, so he destroyed the RS to demonstrate his conviction.

Another point is that when Sanji tells Zoro to kill Sanji if he isn’t himself. This shows how much Sanji and Zoro trusted each others. Sanji would rather die than becoming a person that he doesn’t want to be proves how strong his willpower are. And the fact that Zoro doesn’t question anything about Sanji’s situation indicates that Zoro trusted Sanji the most in the crew.

That is all for now. ^^

Sanji should have just not use the RS, and let it be studied by Usopp and Franky instead. This way, it will benefit his friends.

Also, one thing to note is if Sanji become emotionless/robotic, his cooking won't taste as good. This is a narrative reason why he should have ditched the RS. For meta reason, if Sanji become cold type guy, Oda won't be able to use him as gag.

Luffy for sure will still accept the cold Sanji (since he accepted Robin for she is), but he surely will get disappointed because his cooking gets worse.
Post automatically merged:

Besides, Oda seems to make Sanji be a hybrid fighter, with physical & elemental attacks. If he becomes emotionless, his fire won't be as hot. Since Haki is reserved for Zoro, with his fire became weaker, Sanji can't function as good as he is.

Besides, Oda seems to make Sanji be a hybrid fighter, with physical & elemental attacks. If he becomes emotionless, his fire won't be as hot. Since Haki is reserved for Zoro, with his fire became weaker, Sanji can't function as good as he is.

Warchief Sanji D Goat

Ubel > Frieren and Fern
Being emontionless? Hitting woman? We found out at 1034 that he never became that in first place. He had no reason to destroy raid suit. And his power up continued anyway. So what was the point of all that again?
Sanji destroying his RS because it goes against his character. "But but he has no reason to destroys it"

Sanji was making the decision between becoming a monster or stays true to his character. If Sanji accepts the monster path, he wouldn't destroys his RS but wear it and destroys Queen easily like he said, but he didn't. Sanji would rather be himself than a monster of Germa proves his conviction. Him destroying the RS seals the deal.
And about Luffy. Pretty sure he would accept Sanji anyway. He chose Sanji mostly because of his cooking skills than anything else right?
No you dumb dumb. Luffy chooses Sanji because of the way he is. A cook, a fighter, a chivalrous man, a kind man, a badass swagger, you named them.

Like, I don't see Luffy commenting on Sanji's cooking skills down here.

Sanji should have just not use the RS, and let it be studied by Usopp and Franky instead. This way, it will benefit his friends.

Also, one thing to note is if Sanji become emotionless/robotic, his cooking won't taste as good. This is a narrative reason why he should have ditched the RS. For meta reason, if Sanji become cold type guy, Oda won't be able to use him as gag.

Luffy for sure will still accept the cold Sanji (since he accepted Robin for she is), but he surely will get disappointed because his cooking gets worse.

Luffy would accept an emotionless Sanji, but Sanji wouldn’t be able to accept himself.

The point of destroying the raid suit was Sanji finally making a selfish decision and actively choosing what’s more important to him. He knew Luffy would get more use out of a man who can defeat anyone, and that the entire crew would accept him, but Sanji doesn’t want that. He doesn’t want to sacrifice his teachings and his sense of self. He’d rather die.

As for studying the raid suit, I don’t think it’s possible. The raid suit can only be donned by Sanji and if Sanji takes it off it goes back into the canister. It can’t be studied off of him

The FAKE development which got destroyed in the same arc.

Zoro trusts in Sanji. For sure it does. But not how you said. Zoro was fighting King, he would said anything to Sanji shut up and focus on his battle.

Luffy chose sanji because sanji is just sanji

The first time they met luffy asked him to join him because sanji fed gin, he didn't care if the food tasted good or not or if sanji was strong, he just saw a guy with principles and decided he wanted him on the crew

Heres my post on it….

Sanji is dabbling with the idea…of if Luffy would want a cold merciless soldier who can defeat anyone, or himself that would lose to any opponent which is a woman. Prior to this fight, Sanji got his ass handed to him by Black Maria, got himself injured and nerfed, and wasted time being captured by her crew. However with the Germa boost he got new powers that not only aid him combat, but eventually allows him to gain the power to stop being useless in scenarios such as Kalifa, Pudding, Viola and Black Maria. Where hes at the mercy of women.

In turn of Sanji gaining immunity to his woman problem, he would have to trade his heart and morals all together. This isnt only a “Sanji rejecting Germa ideals“ scenario. Its Sanji literally debating which version of himself is better. And by the end of it he decides his current self, the man who was crafted by Zeff to be superior. Even with his flaws, he cannot lose the heart his mother gave to him….no matter how much more useful he could be. Thus by the end of it, he doesnt reject Germa….he rejects the possible “better version” of himself…destroys the RS which is a strong PU…..and decides to rely on himself to win.

Whether he turns into evil Sanji or not isnt really relevant. But Sanji’s resolve was to defeat Queen by himself before he turned emotionless and loses himself….something that he believes could happen to him.

Luffy would accept an emotionless Sanji, but Sanji wouldn’t be able to accept himself.

The point of destroying the raid suit was Sanji finally making a selfish decision and actively choosing what’s more important to him. He knew Luffy would get more use out of a man who can defeat anyone, and that the entire crew would accept him, but Sanji doesn’t want that. He doesn’t want to sacrifice his teachings and his sense of self. He’d rather die.

As for studying the raid suit, I don’t think it’s possible. The raid suit can only be donned by Sanji and if Sanji takes it off it goes back into the canister. It can’t be studied off of him
I agree. Logically Evil Sanji would be far more useful to Luffy. But Sanji wont let his mother’s sacrifice go to waste.

In general this kinda character development was important to be put to light. Since Sanji usually sees himself as pathetic when it comes to female scenarios…and hates himself for it. When given the oppturnity to change it, he realises that his current state is far better than anything he could be. Thus rejecting the self imposed person he wanted to be…and finally accepted himself, his emotions and his morals

Luffy chose sanji because sanji is just sanji

The first time they met luffy asked him to join him because sanji fed gin, he didn't care if the food tasted good or not or if sanji was strong, he just saw a guy with principles and decided he wanted him on the crew
He chose Sanji because he is a cooker and he needed one.

Sanji destroying his RS because it goes against his character. "But but he has no reason to destroys it"

Sanji was making the decision between becoming a monster or stays true to his character. If Sanji accepts the monster path, he wouldn't destroys his RS but wear it and destroys Queen easily like he said, but he didn't. Sanji would rather be himself than a monster of Germa proves his conviction. Him destroying the RS seals the deal.

No you dumb dumb. Luffy chooses Sanji because of the way he is. A cook, a fighter, a chivalrous man, a kind man, a badass swagger, you named them.

Like, I don't see Luffy commenting on Sanji's cooking skills down here.

RS has nothing against his character. He didn't changed his emtions and RS made him power up anyway s he still used RS pwers at the end.
He was selfish because he didn't cared abut anybody than him actually. He believed he was already changing so what is the point destroying it now? His crew needed him at fu poower because they are supposely in a war. And he almost got killed without RS.

You saw Luffy saying he wouldn't eat anybody else food but Sanji's you just chose to not show that panel.

He chose sanji as a cook
Period. You just confirmed I'm right.

1. If Sanji becomes emotionless, he wont feel the regret/sympathy for himself. Just like the Germa brothers, he wont feel emotions such as "unable to accept himself".

2. If Franky can study Vegapunk's creations and stuff, pretty sure he can at least study a little bit of that canister. Lets give the guy some love and appreciation.

There was no development for Sanji in 1031.

-Sanji started WCI with => I hate my family, I want nothing to do with them or their technology
-Sanji ended WCI with => I hate my family, I want nothing to do with them or their technology
-Sanji during his fight with Queen => I hate my family, I want nothing to do with them or their technology

The character, his view on the world, his principles and/or his goal never change during the course of the last two arcs.

Sanji got depth during WCI not development and got none of that during Wano.