Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50/50

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • A bit

• Not at all

• Total voters
To think this is already part 4 of this theory 🤣. This will prolly be the last part of the this theory tho :p

In Part 3 of this theory I speculated on Sanji potentially being an Ancient Weapon and used Vegapank's spoilers about Sanji's future in the series as a basis of it, complementing it with some interesting discoveries I made. In this part I'll be building on that further with some additional interesting discoveries I've made as well also utilizing some of the interesting bits of information we've got in recent chapters. So without further-ado, let's get to it~!

First and foremost let's talk a bit about this color spread again 🤣

My main focus on this color spread is gonna be the the bird type drawing on Sanji's Kimono ^^ (Already established why I think this is important in Part 3 of this theory so if you're interested in that, pls read it ^^)
From the looks of it, the bird like figure is definitely some kind of chicken :milaugh:so let's talk about the symbolism of the Chicken in Japanese Mythology for a bit ^^.

To this end, I'll be touching up on two legends, the first pertaining to Amaterasu, the goddess of the sun and the second being the legend of the golden chicken :p

> Legend of Amaterasu pertaining to the Chicken
Amaterasu the goddess of the sun, shut herself up in a cave called "Amanoiwato" and the world was enshrouded in darkness as a result.

In consequence to this, a myriad of gods, gathered together to try to find a solution to the problem and then Omoikane the god of wisdom suggested that they gather and and line up a bunch of chickens in a file, and have the chickens lure Amaterasu out of the cave with their long beautiful crows.

The plan succeeded and Amaterasu was ultimately lured out of the cave and from then on, the chicken became known as Amaterasu's envoy and due to the chicken luring out Amaterasu, it is referred to as "the one who brings forth the sun" ^^.

Also, apparently, the torri gates you typically see at shrines is said to be the "perch" of the Chicken which is known as Amaterasu's envoy.

> Legend of the golden chicken
Legends of the golden chicken vary slightly by the region in Japan, with regards to where it is said to be buried (i.e. the middle of a mountain, a stone, the root of a tree, or within the grounds of a shrine) and the abilities of the golden chicken also vary slightly, but across all the variations, the golden chicken is said to be a mystical bird that is buried somewhere and then suddenly appears and crows on the last day of winter or on the new year.

Out of all the variants of this legend, the one that stood out to me the most is the variant of this legend from Nagano Prefecture.

In Nagano, it is said that a flash of light appears from the shadow of the forest of a certain shrine, with the crow of a chicken. Once upon a time a man tried to capture it but the chicken would disappear when being chased & then would re-appear again when the chase on it had ceased. As a result of this, the man ultimately had to give up on capturing it. That said however, oddly enough, the village started to flourish significantly after it, accumulating a shit ton of gold.

With regards to this bit, what I found really interesting about this were:
1.) the ability the golden chicken has to disappear or rather erase its presence which is similar to the abilities of Sanji's RS
2.) the fact that its appearance brought with it wealth and "gold" in relation to the fact that Wano Country is referred to as the "Land of Gold" ^^

To summarize, what I found really interesting about these legends of the chicken is it's significance in Japanese Mythology with regards to bringing forth the sun and new beginnings and how it seamlessly fits into the main theme of Wano, which is the coming of the "Dawn" (i.e. the rising of the sun, an indication of new beginnings ^^)

> Sanji awakening as the Ancient Weapon Uranus
From the latest chapter of One Piece Chapter "1023" - Two Peas in a pod, Queen hinted at Sanji potentially being a Lunarian, which seems to have ties to King's race and imo this will almost certainly prove to be the case as it's only these two characters in the entirety of the series possess the ability to combust into flames with the exception of Ace and Sabo the prior and current users of the Flame Flame Fruit.

With regards to how this came about I think the most logical explanation for this is Sanji's lineage factor & whatever drug it was that Sora took to try to hinder the experiment. More likely than not the reason why Sanji is different from the rest of his brothers is coz the drug Sora took altered the configuration Judge set for Sanji, setting him on an "unknown path". The Lineage Factor itself, is referred to as the Blue Prints of Life and by knowing how to manipulate it, you can literally configure a human how you'd like so in theory, it is entirely possible that a human with the genetic make up of a Lunarian can come about as a result of this ^^

Anywho! back to the main topic of discussion, which is the Ancient weapon Uranus, I think this revelation of Sanji potentially being a Lunarian further increases the possibility of this being the case. Reason being "Poseidon" is the god of the Sea and coincidentally, Shirahoshi a mermaid (i.e. a species that lives in the sea) awakened as the Ancient Weapon "Poseidon" so the likelihood of "Uranus" the god of the Sky having ties to the Lunarians, a species that have wings and took up residence in the sky is very high 😁.

Also another important ting to note is that the Ancient Weapons themselves seem to appear at destined times, so Uranus awakening during the dawn of the world is very likely particularly if it turns out to be a chicken of sorts, if you take the chicken lore above into consideration. Moreover, Wano, like Fishman Island has strong ties, to Joyboy so kinda like Shirahoshi awakened as Poseidon on Fishman island an island with strong ties to Joy Boy, chances are that Uranus also awakens on Wano, another Island with strong ties to Joy Boy ^^.

> Supplement
Something I found really interesting but was not able to tie, to this theory coz I couldn't find any panels that could prove it is on Wano atm is the egg on Roger's ship ^^

Chances are that this will become important at some point the series. My guess is that this egg will end up having some ties to Uranus ^^ and it's entirely possible that it hatches with the coming of the dawn of the world 😁

With that said I'm done ^^. Hope y'all enjoyed the read :p

Last edited: