Chapter Discussion Sanji Vs Queen and Zoro Vs King

Garp the Fist

Bwahahahaha
This is nice, but overall I could not understand why people say there fights feel short when this guys been at it long especially sanji he fought the longest, people have even forgot they was fighting off screen also, but one thing I'm glad about is the anime is Gonna expand on these fights nicely:cheers:
Feels short because everything before the VS chapter is buildup. Once Zoro embraced his CoC/Sanji smashed the RS and used Hell Memories, that’s the moment when people were thinking, “okay, now the fights are really going to get intense.”

Instead they ended the next time we cut to them.

If we contrast it to, say, Luffy vs Katakuri, the big “now the fight really gets good“ moment there is when Luffy and Kataku use CoC and Katakuri says he doesn’t look down on Luffy anymore, at the end of 893.

But then Oda gives it that bit more time afterwards, than he gave the Zoro/Sanji fights, he gives it most of 894 and all of 895, so it doesn’t seem quite so rushed.

Another difference being in the Luffy vs Katakuri fight, at that moment in 893, we had found out everything we needed to know about Katakuri as a fighter. There was another post fight reveal with Brulee to wrap up his character, but as of that moment, he was pretty much completed as fighter. There was no huge new reveals, just nee attacks that followed logically on to what he had shown before.

Whereas in the Zoro/Sanji chapter, Oda only left himself one chapter to
-show Zoro/Sanji get the upper hand and win, including powerup
-reveal that King had his magma dragons, how his forms work/ that Queen had the previously unseen Germa 66 attacks
-also give King a flashback and exposition about his past. The slight equivalent to this is the reveal that it was Queen who beat up the geisha.

So this was all crammed into one chapter, while it was given a lot more time to breathe in Luffy vs Katakuri

Someone on reddit compiled all the pages of the fight into an album and i wanted to share it with everyone. I thought its intresting reading the fight with no cuts in between, it gives a better idea of the length.

Sanji Vs Queen

Zoro Vs King

Sanji Vs Queen is 48 pages accross 19 chapters

Zoro Vs King is 57 pages accross 13 chapters
Rereading the sanji fight really reinforces how easily he was handling queen before the power up. Once his body starts changing and his mind is cloudy is the only time we've seen him do bad in the fight.

Sanjis base kicks pre awakening were hurting queen

Queens allot faster than people give him credit for after Rereading a couple scenes. Especially using the germa speed power.

Noticed sanji used collier strike on queen when invisible which means he used coo to land a hit directly on the invisible man's collar. That's a major feat compared to king and queen standing next to an invisible sanji and not noticing at all.

All in all this is the best sanji fight out of the manga even if other fights are superior in certain aspects.

Can't wait to see sanji use his stronger moved with ifrit if beef burst the upgraded Mouton shot:laughmoji: leaves a mountain sized blast radius and sends queen an island and a half away

Feels short because everything before the VS chapter is buildup. Once Zoro embraced his CoC/Sanji smashed the RS and used Hell Memories, that’s the moment when people were thinking, “okay, now the fights are really going to get intense.”

Instead they ended the next time we cut to them.

If we contrast it to, say, Luffy vs Katakuri, the big “now the fight really gets good“ moment there is when Luffy and Kataku use CoC and Katakuri says he doesn’t look down on Luffy anymore, at the end of 893.

But then Oda gives it that bit more time afterwards, than he gave the Zoro/Sanji fights, he gives it most of 894 and all of 895, so it doesn’t seem quite so rushed.

Another difference being in the Luffy vs Katakuri fight, at that moment in 893, we had found out everything we needed to know about Katakuri as a fighter. There was another post fight reveal with Brulee to wrap up his character, but as of that moment, he was pretty much completed as fighter. There was no huge new reveals, just nee attacks that followed logically on to what he had shown before.

Whereas in the Zoro/Sanji chapter, Oda only left himself one chapter to
-show Zoro/Sanji get the upper hand and win, including powerup
-reveal that King had his magma dragons, how his forms work/ that Queen had the previously unseen Germa 66 attacks
-also give King a flashback and exposition about his past. The slight equivalent to this is the reveal that it was Queen who beat up the geisha.

So this was all crammed into one chapter, while it was given a lot more time to breathe in Luffy vs Katakuri
When you put it like that I do agree there when it was post to get really intense Oda did seem to short cut on there fights at the last but I do have faith in the anime so let's wait and see

This is nice, but overall I could not understand why people say there fights feel short when this guys been at it long especially sanji he fought the longest, people have even forgot they was fighting off screen also, but one thing I'm glad about is the anime is Gonna expand on these fights nicely:cheers:
Anime will dirty the fight just like it is dirtying the whole arc.
Have you watched Sulong Dukes vs Jack? Horrible coreography. It seems a Turn Based game.

Fight feel short because Oda failed to show King and Queen(more Queen than King) struggling to Zoro and Sanji. Queen took a bunch of attacks but none of them felt hard on him, then we have Sanji saying it's hurting him(but again Oda is saying that not showing). King was a little better but still rushed. Real fight suppose to begin at 1035 with Zoro using ACoC, we got disappointed for King not using ACoC as well and the fight ended at same chapter.

At least I'm expecting more from Zoro. Sanji pass out tired after finishing Queen but Zoro probably won't(despite saying he will be tired for using everything he got while wielding Enma) because he still have magic pill drawback to drop and then we have the same scenario of 1010. Kaido will probably beat Luffy again and Zoro will have to save him again.

T

Tyronejenkins

Why do people hate on reddit so much when their folks consistently deliver useful content for fans

Anime will dirty the fight just like it is dirtying the whole arc.
Have you watched Sulong Dukes vs Jack? Horrible coreography. It seems a Turn Based game.

Fight feel short because Oda failed to show King and Queen(more Queen than King) struggling to Zoro and Sanji. Queen took a bunch of attacks but none of them felt hard on him, then we have Sanji saying it's hurting him(but again Oda is saying that not showing). King was a little better but still rushed. Real fight suppose to begin at 1035 with Zoro using ACoC, we got disappointed for King not using ACoC as well and the fight ended at same chapter.

At least I'm expecting more from Zoro. Sanji pass out tired after finishing Queen but Zoro probably won't(despite saying he will be tired for using everything he got while wielding Enma) because he still have magic pill drawback to drop and then we have the same scenario of 1010. Kaido will probably beat Luffy again and Zoro will have to save him again.
Jack wasn't even granted the possibility to be relevant enough in order not to have his defeat offpaneled :josad: