Character Discussion Sanji's best arc is Water 7-Enies Lobby, not WCI

I don't know about the others, but Water 7-Enies Lobby showcases Sanji at it's finest and made many people favorite him.

1. Little to none simp mode or pervert mode Sanji.
- However, the love letter is pardoned because it has actual narrative function.

2. He gets to give great advice and quote, to Luffy Chopper and Usopp.
- He is shown to quickly react to Luffy's flub and doesn't mind straight up kicking him.
- He shows a gentleman mode to Chopper.
- He recovers Usopp's self-worth.

3. We get to see Spy Sanji or Tactical Sanji with the Sea Train scenes.
- Spying a high class Intelligence department is a good feat.
- This also cements Sanji as a Spy/Stealth type, a dynamic he can share with both Nami and Robin.

4. We get to see Swordman Sanji and know he has good enough blade skills.
- This is also a feat of Cook Sanji.

5. We get to see Fighter Sanji whose opponent doesn't have huge gap in strength from Zoro's.
- Also shows a battle that is balanced around both brain and brawl, Sanji's thematic ability.

6. We get a powerup
- It's explanation is reasonable, it made sense scientifically.
- The powerup can connect to his status as a Cook.
- The powerup also is not out of the blue or conflict with his principles.
- Whereas in WCI, Raid Suit isn't related to cooking and it antagonize his heart.

7. We get to see Hero Sanji / Savior Sanji with the big brain move of closing Gate of Justice, both saving everyone and destroys enemy at the same time.

Bonus point, we get to see a gag ability of Sanji to make someone handsome.

Also, a character is better written if you give him weakness and flaw, and you write around that. This arc accentuate Sanji's flaw: can't attack at range (this way Usopp is talked by him to do it) and can't hit woman (that's why Nami fights in his place).

This arc hypes him so much, his subsequent contributions in later arcs is just pale in comparison or just straight up heavily discounted.

Sanji was the glue that held the crew together. Highlighted all of pre ts. Ennies lobby was peak one piece. Hence peak sanji. When you let that glue deteriorate the story becomes less enjoyable.

Not too place to much importance on sanji. But oda wrote him this way. The zoro/sanji dynamic is what the arcs are literally shaped around most of the time.

1. Little to none simp mode or pervert mode Sanji.
- However, the love letter is pardoned because it has actual narrative function.
Good point although I see no problem in him being simp or pervert since it fits his character. But I also think Oda should have kept him the most gentleman possible since beginning. Franky should be doing those gag moments since he was suppose to be the pervert but he has nothing of pervert with him.
2. He gets to give great advice and quote, to Luffy Chopper and Usopp.
- He is shown to quickly react to Luffy's flub and doesn't mind straight up kicking him.
- He shows a gentleman mode to Chopper.
- He recovers Usopp's self-worth.
Can you show me where he interacts like that with Chopper and Usopp?
3. We get to see Spy Sanji or Tactical Sanji with the Sea Train scenes.
- Spying a high class Intelligence department is a good feat.
- This also cements Sanji as a Spy/Stealth type, a dynamic he can share with both Nami and Robin.
This is pretty much what I miss the most about Sanji in New World.
4. We get to see Swordman Sanji and know he has good enough blade skills.
- This is also a feat of Cook Sanji.
Not sure if he was suppose to have a fight like that. But it is okay.
5. We get to see Fighter Sanji whose opponent doesn't have huge gap in strength from Zoro's.
- Also shows a battle that is balanced around both brain and brawl, Sanji's thematic ability.
Says who? Kaku was slighty ahead of Jabra before eating the DF. He could have powered up close to Lucci, equal or even higher after DF.
Not exactly a battle around brain and brawl. Sanji used a bunch of sneak attacks which doesn't fit his gentleman personality just like he did with Queen.
6. We get a powerup
- It's explanation is reasonable, it made sense scientifically.
- The powerup can connect to his status as a Cook.
- The powerup also is not out of the blue or conflict with his principles.
- Whereas in WCI, Raid Suit isn't related to cooking and it antagonize his heart.
Sanji power up in this arc was by far the better.
I would say Chopper had the worst since he has a drawback like Luffy but he can't control himself.
And would say Franky, Robin and Zoro didn't had any.
7. We get to see Hero Sanji / Savior Sanji with the big brain move of closing Gate of Justice, both saving everyone and destroys enemy at the same time.
This is also missed a little at New World. He had some moments like that against Vergo, Doflamingo, Queen. But not like a grand finale when he did at Ennies Lobby, Alabasta, Skypea...
Bonus point, we get to see a gag ability of Sanji to make someone handsome.
Where?

Overall I agree that Enies Lobby is much better arc for Sanji(and everybody else) than WCI/Wano.
Baratie is the same. Arlong Park, Alabasta, Skypea etc. At moment I can't thing a better arc than Enies Lobby for Sanji(or anybody else).

WCI was best arc for Brook.

Sanji was at his best in Alabasta and Enies Lobby. I like when he sneaks out to do things in background :blush:.

He hardly does that anymore.:few:

Zolo

Cope Doctor
The fact that you care about how many people like you on a fucking weeb forum shows how pathetic of a fucking life you really live.

But what more do I expect from fan of a disgusting cockroach who became Okama, is a pedophile, a cry baby loser and a character who nearly lost his life looking at a mermaid. Imagine associating with that.

Grow the fuck up lmao 🤣
ZKK

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
The fact that you care about how many people like you on a fucking weeb forum shows how pathetic of a fucking life you really live.

But what more do I expect from fan of a disgusting cockroach who became Okama, is a pedophile, a cry baby loser and a character who nearly lost his life looking at a mermaid. Imagine associating with that.

Grow the fuck up lmao 🤣
Rebrand bro :risitameh:

Respect Luffy

Zoro would've starved to death in Shells Town if not for Luffy.. or he would've been killed by Morgan

Thankfully the GOAT chose to save his life

:endthis:
Lmaoo Zoro didn't ask for his help, he helped out of his selfishness because he wanted Zoro to be his crew member when Zoro is stronger than him.

Without Zoro Luffy won't even make it past Buggy

Literally carrying his useless ass captain.
Post automatically merged:

Maybe I should.
Then I'll be well liked and popular like @BillSlipton

That's what I live for and strive for..to be as popular as Billy slippy :funky::funky::funky:

Lmaoo Zoro didn't ask for his help, he helped out of his selfishness because he wanted Zoro to be his crew member when Zoro is stronger than him.

Without Zoro Luffy won't even make it past Buggy

Literally carrying his useless ass captain.
Post automatically merged:

Maybe I should.
Then I'll be well liked and popular like @BillSlipton

That's what I live for and strive for..to be as popular as Billy slippy :funky::funky::funky:

Carrying the useless Captain that saved his life? Right

He should kiss the ground Luffy walks on for giving him the chance to become the WSS

Oh wait... he already does

:risitameh: