• Inuarashi

• Nekomamushi (Mink Jimbei)

• Kikunojo

• Ashura Doji (Human Jimbei)

• Denjiro

• Kawamatsu

• Izo

Results are only viewable after voting.
Who are your favorite members of the Scabbards and why?

Personally I like both Neko and Inu, as well as Kawamatsu. Neko and Inu have been cool to me since Zou, from their character designs, personalities, rivalry, and story building implications. Kawamatsu, because I’m glad fishmen are still relevant in the story. Not to mention that he is a Yokozuna ranked sumo wrestler. I’m indifferent towards the wrest of the Scabbards. Except Kin’emon, can’t say I like Kin’emon.

Do you think any of the Scabbards will die? If so who?
Supposedly there’s an oncoming tragedy at the end of Act 3, following Kabuki act structure. I’ve thought that they’ve been on the chopping block since 991, but they just keep lingering on. I understand the thematic relevance of their confrontation, but I don’t really care for them bar the three I mentioned. Not all of them are going to die because Momo is going to need retainers post the Wano arc. But, I think Kin’emon, Inu (sadly), Izo, and Kanjuro are most likely to go.

I like Ashura's recklessness and "don't give a shit" attitude, plus he's the strongest Red Scabbard along with Inu and Neko.

I'm not sure any of the Red Scabbards will die, although not killing one of them (or ideally, more than one) would be a bad decision. The infamous Poundgate made me doubt that even more. But if it were to happen, I think either Inu or Neko will die and the other one will become the full time ruler of Zou.

Kinemon, I'm not sure, there are so many deathflags surrounding him that I feel like it might be a red herring. He might become the father figure Momo needs to become a good Shogun and teach him the way of the sword.

Denjiro dedicated his whole life to his vengeance and is filled with rage, it might be his downfall. He won't have much to look forward to after the war.

Kiku already lost her arm, it's a lifelong injury that will constantly remind her at what cost the war will have been won so I'm not sure she needs to die. Izo, however, could sacrifice his life to protect his sister, which would make the price of victory even higher, especially for Kiku.

KiriNigiri

The Road To Harmony
Favorites

Kin'emon, Denjiro, Kawamatsu. Kin'emon I detailed here. https://worstgen.alwaysdata.net/for...ciation-thread-minor-tsuru-appreciation.3127/

Denjiro I'll elaborate on in another day, but he contrasts and parallels Kin. He has been there since the beginning, and while his devotion to the Kozuki isn't as developed as Kin's, he proves it through some of the more brilliant and poignant fashions by working under the enemy, surrendering his pride to them, and potentially making enemies out of allies. All in the name of the country and its family.

Kawamatsu, I don't have any deep reasons for it. He's very likeable and, imo, the coolest looking of the Scabbards. Plus I liked his mini flashback with Onimaru even more than the Oden flashback. It was a nice, concise tale about a man and a dog on their legs doing the final meaningful thing they can for those they cared for, forming a mutual bond in the process.

Deaths

As for who could die, I think Kiku's off the hook since she already got dealt a terrible blow. It's quite possible none of them die and Oda fakes us out, honestly. But for the sake of the topic, I'll say Kin and the Dukes.

The dukes because it will motivate the other minks to step up without their leaders and Kin because he's the Scabbard most developed and his death would have the strongest emotional resonance.

Favorite Scabbard is Denjiro followed by Nekomamushi then Kiku then Kinemon then Kawamatsu

Denjiro backstory was the dopest and cuz I called it early af that he was Kyoshiro (Liked his Kyoshiro design much better) Neko cuz he's badass. Kiku cuz her reveal was funny and her design gives me Yoshimitsu vibes, Kinemon cuz he's just grown on me and he's been through a lot and Kawamatsu cuz I like his fighting style and hat.

I dont dislike any of the scabbards tho those just the ones I like a lot.

As for who's dying. I honestly hope they all die except Kinemon and Kiku. That shit would break him and be epic af. Can picture Luffy Finally getting to the roof and the scabbards are all dead af with Kiku one arm pulling Kinemon saying that they have to leave crying that Izo died protecting her cant be in vain. Kinemon on his knees crying cuz he led them here for this and Luffy flips the fuck out Gear 4th Boundman + Ryou hooks off.

Would be better if they all died one by on one panel tho lol