General Mafia General Chat

Vi is p cool, definitely fav chara

jinx and ekko are how i expected them to be, though i only ''knew'' them from the leeg music vids that riot games released

artstyle reminded me of K/DA popstars and RISE, nice they went with that for the show. Ekko sometimes having the extra graffiti style, lol good stuff

anyways viktor is cute, also got inspired for a caitlyn drawing maybe ima do it

Oh, the misery~ everybody wants to be my enemy~
Spare the sympathy~everybody wants to be~
my enemy~
Your drawings are amazing brokie! Im sure you would do Cait justice.

One of my fondest memories was when hayumi got killed in my smash bros games, odd had hid behind her and then she got revived as a zombie,. Since odd was still hiding behind hayumi every time he got targeted hayumis dead corpse kept getting hit with abilities. Many laughs were had

Rej

Year of the black beard!
One of my fondest memories was when hayumi got killed in my smash bros games, odd had hid behind her and then she got revived as a zombie,. Since odd was still hiding behind hayumi every time he got targeted hayumis dead corpse kept getting hit with abilities. Many laughs were had
This doesnt make sense. It looks like you didnt resolve the action accurately or I am misunderstanding it. Lol

This doesnt make sense. It looks like you didnt resolve the action accurately or I am misunderstanding it. Lol
No it's exactly what I described it as, zombie hayumi took a pounding in that smash bros game lol, even won funniest moment award for our award show. In any other game something like that would not be possible, for my games it's something you know is part of the norm. Its why I consider my games to be the jojo's Bizzare Adventure of Mafia games, now rather those types of games are something you enjoy or not will vary

To explain it further, odd had an amped one shot that allowed him to hide behind someone aslong as they were in the game. When hayumi got brought back his passive reactivated that's why zombie hayumi was taking a pounding for him

Rej

Year of the black beard!
No it's exactly what I described it as, zombie hayumi took a pounding in that smash bros game lol, even won funniest moment award for our award show. In any other game something like that would not be possible, for my games it's something you know is part of the norm. Its why I consider my games to be the jojo's Bizzare Adventure of Mafia games, now rather those types of games are something you enjoy or not will vary
But you said odd got targetted (I assume by kills) and it redirected onto Hayumi which is not the case with a hider. In that case odd would be the target but it would rather be treated as a protect and thus the kill fails.

Mechanically it goes like this:
-Player A hides behind player B.
-Player A is protected aslong player B is alive throughout the duration (phase/cycle/permanent)
-If player B dies then player A dies.

So the question is, when Hayumi got killed the first time, how did odd survive?
How did Hayumi get pounded when odd has been targetted?

So either you used some selfcreated ability/mechanic or this wasn't a hider.

But you said odd got targetted (I assume by kills) and it redirected onto Hayumi which is not the case with a hider. In that case odd would be the target but it would rather be treated as a protect and thus the kill fails.

-Player A is protected aslong player B is alive throughout the duration (phase/cycle/permanent)

Most of my role abilities are self created. They don't follow the same rules as your typical Mafia Role.

Rej

Year of the black beard!
You are aware of the fact my games are branded Aries games for a reason? Your mistake is going into one of my games and expecting a normal game
Atleast you are straight comming out with it lmao, so there is nothing to blame you for then. Its just that when I sign up for games I prefer mechanics being resolved as I know it. Uniform based on the oldies communities, MU, MS, FoL.
Tho I know there are sometimes fine differences between the communities, but basic resolution is commonly same within internet mafia.

I also did not like "Regular Mafia" on Oro Jackson back then. There was a game where the host gave too much informations based on flavour throughout the WU and our mafia got outed D1 with only N0 actions in write ups. Simply because town was able to loophole flavour and out the mafia in one go through mass claims.

Just saying that I am personally a bit more careful with non-ethic mafia games.

Atleast you are straight comming out with it lmao, so there is nothing to blame you for then. Its just that when I sign up for games I prefer mechanics being resolved as I know it. Uniform based on the oldies communities, MU, MS, FoL.
Tho I know there are sometimes fine differences between the communities, but basic resolution is commonly same within internet mafia.

I also did not like "Regular Mafia" on Oro Jackson back then. There was a game where the host gave too much informations based on flavour throughout the WU and our mafia got outed D1 with only N0 actions in write ups. Simply because town was able to loophole flavour and out the mafia in one go through mass claims.

Just saying that I am personally a bit more careful with non-ethic mafia games.
I understand, me personally Ive never been a fan of generic Mafia games or "Regular Mafia games". Their not my cup of tea but I understand if someone is, those games are technically sound and very consistent in terms of playstyle or mechanics, but for me personally Ive always found them to limited for a host. My playstyle is very similar to my hosting, I like to explore and be free with what I'm doing, you can see it in my roles or mechanics which is why it feels more like a rpg than a Mafia game. Theirs a sense of freedom that other games don't have.

As a host I don't want to play it safe, want to try out new things. Maybe it come out good maybe it will end up bad. Regardless of the outcome I can work on a better game next game. It's like wrestling you either liked Bret Hart someone who was technical marvel to watch but boring on the mic or Shawn Michaels who was over the top but entertaining. Neither is bad, it's just what type of player you are

Rej

Year of the black beard!
I understand, me personally Ive never been a fan of generic Mafia games or "Regular Mafia games". Their not my cup of tea but I understand if someone is, those games are technically sound and very consistent in terms of playstyle or mechanics, but for me personally Ive always found them to limited for a host. My playstyle is very similar to my hosting, I like to explore and be free with what I'm doing, you can see it in my roles or mechanics which is why it feels more like a rpg than a Mafia game. Theirs a sense of freedom that other games don't have.

As a host I don't want to play it safe, want to try out new things. Maybe it come out good maybe it will end up bad. Regardless of the outcome I can work on a better game next game. It's like wrestling you either liked Bret Hart someone who was technical marvel to watch but boring on the mic or Shawn Michaels who was over the top but entertaining. Neither is bad, it's just what type of player you are
I exactly know what you mean, I also love the exploring stuff. I just hope that you will play my upcomming hololive game because I just plan to break everything entirely by having excessive and advanced mechanics that have never been used before in that shape and form that I plan to. I think I partially succeeded with it in my first hololive game (examples: Sanity Manipulation, Layer targetting and Waiting Rooms). I personally have still to learn and explore more, or invent/reinvent stuff properly, like I know that my Sanity Manipulation was semi impactful and I def plan to bring it back in a smaller and more compact game so it has more impact and players interact with it more aside of just thinking of it like "another SRM mechanic".

I can just say that your YGO game back then def pushed my interest in going overboard with my own roles. And thinking back you did something very interesting with the concept of having roles not just be roles, but have the cards expand on it and the possibility to have different RNG sets and gain new cards or exchange them so your role builds up throughout the game and expands continously.
I mean that idea isn't new at all, but it was impressively done well back then.
:kata: I hope we can pay back each other and you sign up for an upcomming Rej game, you can fully explore it as you want to

I exactly know what you mean, I also love the exploring stuff. I just hope that you will play my upcomming hololive game because I just plan to break everything entirely by having excessive and advanced mechanics that have never been used before in that shape and form that I plan to. I think I partially succeeded with it in my first hololive game (examples: Sanity Manipulation, Layer targetting and Waiting Rooms). I personally have still to learn and explore more, or invent/reinvent stuff properly, like I know that my Sanity Manipulation was semi impactful and I def plan to bring it back in a smaller and more compact game so it has more impact and players interact with it more aside of just thinking of it like "another SRM mechanic".

I can just say that your YGO game back then def pushed my interest in going overboard with my own roles. And thinking back you did something very interesting with the concept of having roles not just be roles, but have the cards expand on it and the possibility to have different RNG sets and gain new cards or exchange them so your role builds up throughout the game and expands continously.
I mean that idea isn't new at all, but it was impressively done well back then.
:kata: I hope we can pay back each other and you sign up for an upcomming Rej game, you can fully explore it as you want to
Depends on when you plan on hosting it, the star wars game has soured me on playing games here for a bit, I won't go further than that since the game is ongoing but if it's down the line I have no issue joining, I still plan on doing a Yu-Gi-Oh like game with one of my upcoming games so if can join that to get another crack at the Yu-Gi-Oh game will be neat, tho if not it's cool. I have a list of games have planned out for here with each being a different game style

Aries version of hider is so much more entertaining tbh lol

i still remember someone superkilling themselves cause their kill-target was hiding behind them lmao