General Mafia General Chat

Dude, please stop driving away our players with posts like these. I think there's a big misunderstanding here. Nobody minds coaches checking the setup of a newbie host before he hosts it since they're just helping the host balance the game better.
Just to put it out here: I'm not getting offended by that kinda posts like the one Rej made, or anything that's similar to ppl being mad/whatever at me.

Rej

Year of the black beard!
Just open a PM with all mods that are coach/hosts/players and discuss everything there.
Discuss penalties, discuss reports and resolve your internal disputes by balling shit together and not antagonizing each other or trying to control other mods. And if you guys need help or advice in technical/mechanical stuff regarding mafia then ask experienced players, people capable of reviewing/coaching.

Rej

Year of the black beard!
A strike system would be better than what dragomir and Al decided to do with Joygirl. It's like dragomir and Al went to joygirls house without a warrant and then shot her for not opening the door. Sprinkling some crack on her before they left the house :sanmoji:
The funny thing is we have a strike system. It just hasn't been properly utilized because the managing was slacking. :christunate:
Banning is lazier. I can understand things like a one month game ban when things are excessive, but I am surprised too that full permas were issued that easily. And I always thought there was more transparency and things wouldn't escalate now.

I think people bring back the beta thing out just for more drama. The real issue was Noctis issuing the ban on Joygirl and issuing two strikes on me. The 2 strikes are fine I guess, but then Joygirl should have also received strikes.
There were some harsh things going on and it was Drago who was lazy to issue it himself and told Noctis to do it.

Correct would have been to straight talk it out with the other mods and then have Drago or AL issue the strikes on me and Joygirl.
Because the rulebreaks we did were so severe that a coaches judgement actually was not needed and it was obvious that we would receive strikes.

The only issue with that was me a coach receiving a strike so Drago and Noctis wanted me demoted but then took it back because things weren't handled like that back on OJ when other coaches receive strikes there.

So yeah, the strike system is still present.

Mashiro Blue

𝓦𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝓾𝓹𝓸𝓷 𝓪 𝓼𝓱𝓸𝓸𝓽𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓼𝓽𝓪𝓻 ✰
I don't think we need anything new tbh.

I believe the system is working just fine.

People just need to chill overall imho

If there are cases that need to be addressed or situations that were improperly processed then that's just how it is.

Bactracking is always an option and no one loses face on it.

Rej

Year of the black beard!
The nr 1 method against spammers in games: restrict the maximum post count for a phase to 50/70/100 whatever you see fitting.

I wanna leave this advice here since sometimes I get invited to such games from other communities. I just remembered it is a thing and can be used here too if people are annoyed by certain spammers.

:endthis:

Coaches and section mods shouldnt be allowed to vote in that querri poll @Noctis they will be partial to keeping things the way they are.

Also locking the querry thread because you don't like it clearly sends the right message to the players huh.

Rej

Year of the black beard!
Coaches and section mods shouldnt be allowed to vote in that querri poll @Noctis they will be partial to keeping things the way they are.

Also locking the querry thread because you don't like it clearly sends the right message to the players huh.
The poll was never intended officially, it was Noctis own idea he wanted to throw in. From what I see the mods already yeeted it.
Such a poll would have never been fair anyway.

The poll was never intended officially, it was Noctis own idea he wanted to throw in. From what I see the mods already yeeted it.
Such a poll would have never been fair anyway.
How so? Im fine with the coaches remaining and doing the thing they should be doing ( helping new hosts along) but Im not okay with them being a deciding body about who gets to play and who doesnt.

The ''mods'' is just one dude who loves control. The fate of this section shoud be up to its players and not someone appointed by an admin. They can be the final decider if something gets out of hand and requires a ban or something but not to dish out punishment on lighter player emergent behavior on a game to game basis.

Rej

Year of the black beard!
How so? Im fine with the coaches remaining and doing the thing they should be doing ( helping new hosts along) but Im not okay with them being a deciding body about who gets to play and who doesnt.

The ''mods'' is just one dude who loves control. The fate of this section shoud be up to its players and not someone appointed by an admin.

Didn't said Mod retire anyways?
Because players that never hosted a game have the ability to vote there. Most have no fucking clue what's awaiting them tbh. So they would vote out of instinct or favourism and that is bias.

But outside of that you are right. Some people goofed and made shitty mistakes.

Because players that never hosted a game have the ability to vote there. Most have no fucking clue what's awaiting them tbh. So they would vote out of instinct or favourism and that is bias.

Funnily enough you had players who never played vote in it for keeping the coach system. So it goes both ways.

We could make a community based poll and only include people who hosted and or played a high amount of games and have them vote?

Rej

Year of the black beard!
They can be the final decider if something gets out of hand and requires a ban or something but not to dish out punishment on lighter player emergent behavior on a game to game basis.
Yes. What happened was bad and unprofessional, but well it happened.

Rej

Year of the black beard!
Funnily enough you had players who never played vote in it for keeping the coach system. So it goes both ways.

We could make a community based poll and only include people who hosted and or played a high amount of games and have them vote?
nothing has to be decided, the vocal majority made clear why this is beneficial

you had everyone who plays longer than you voice that the coach system is fine, so no poll needed because the only ones who would be against it are new blood or people that don't favour some of the coaches (spite)

Where?

you had everyone who plays longer than you voice that the coach system is fine, so no poll needed because the only ones who would be against it are new blood or people that don't favour some of the coaches (spite)
The poll was almost equal sans coaches voting no in it. Dont speak to me about fairness mate.

Something has to be decided, coaches should only help new hosts and nothing else.

Yes voters: TAC( Hosted game), Me( Hosted multiple games), Marimo( played enough games), Nat( played for longer than me), Tris( Hosted games), Tobi, Ekko( played for longer than me and hosted games, T-pein( veteran player), UB ( Veteran player).

No voters: Topi Jerami(???), Chrono( ???), Kiwipom( veteran player), Al ( biased for the current system), Rej ( Biased for the current system), Pero( new blood that you were talking about ironically voting to keep the system), Borto ( Vet), Udell ( veteran player), Kagu( new blood), Prince of Darkness ( Idk him, assuming he played enough somewhere else)

So yes voters: 4 people who hosted games, as well as having 8 people who play regularly and who saw this system in action multiple times.

vs

No voters: 2 coaches + Biased section mod+ 2 randoms who just voted without knowing anything+ 2 new players and 2 vets.

Last edited:
B

Ballel

Yes voters: TAC( Hosted game), Me( Hosted multiple games), Marimo( played enough games), Nat( played for longer than me), Tris( Hosted games), Tobi, Ekko( played for longer than me and hosted games, T-pein( veteran player), UB ( Veteran player).

No voters: Topi Jerami(???), Chrono( ???), Kiwipom( veteran player), Al ( biased for the current system), Rej ( Biased for the current system), Pero( new blood that you were talking about ironically voting to keep the system), Borto ( Vet), Udell ( veteran player), Kagu( new blood), Prince of Darkness ( Idk him, assuming he played enough somewhere else)

So yes voters: 4 people who hosted games, as well as having 8 people who play regularly and who saw this system in action multiple times.

vs

No voters: 2 coaches + Biased section mod+ 2 randoms who just voted without knowing anything+ 2 new players and 2 vets.

Tags didn't work.
Don't center or format tags in any way or form.