Questions & Mysteries Shimotsuki Ushimaru might actually be ...

Is Ushimaru the actual Ryokugyu?

• Total voters
I

Indigo

I was intrigued by @ScotchInformer 's new avi, so i did a little search...

It's a drawing Oda made back in 2011 of the DVD sets for a series of movies called Jirocho Sangokushi. Here are the images:

The guy on the right of the second image is @ScotchInformer 's new avi and the drawing looks a lot like Ushimaru / Ryuma...

We also know that Oda loves to base the Admirals caracters in actors from japanese movie industry... so if this is the case, Oda could be making Ryokugyu / Ushimaru based on this guy.

What do you guys think?

all props to @ScotchInformer , all i did was search this shit after seeing his new avi. Don't even know if people are already talking about this!

I was intrigued by @ScotchInformer 's new avi, so i did a little search...

It's a drawing Oda made back in 2011 of the DVD sets for a series of movies called Jirocho Sangokushi. Here are the images:

The guy on the right of the second image is @ScotchInformer 's new avi and the drawing looks a lot like Ushimaru / Ryuma...

We also know that Oda loves to base the Admirals caracters in actors from japanese movie industry... so if this is the case, Oda could be making Ryokugyu / Ushimaru based on this guy.

What do you guys think?

all props to @ScotchInformer , all i did was search this shit after seeing his new avi. Don't even know if people are already talking about this!
this ties into my shanks is the underworld boss theory i think. i predicted shanks was based off shimizu jirocho before i even knew oda drew these. and then it turns out jirocho sangokushi is one of odas favorite movies. jirocho was:
  • most famous yakuza in history
  • adopted
  • life has no recorded notable incidents between the death of his adopted father and becoming an adult
  • became a gambler and criminal and started building a private navy
  • played the revolutionary army and the government against each other
  • famous swordsman
  • folk hero/robin hood figure in japan
  • famously made sure people were buried properly after a war and defied the government to do this
  • known to be able to settle major conflicts without casualties
i have a strong feeling this guy gives insights into shanks' character.

as for green bull, ive seen a lot of speculation he might be based on Yoshio Harada

If Ushimaru is Greenbull, wouldn't Akainu have had a rough estimate of the strength of Wano's Samurai via talking to Greenbull?

But then, Akainu was too cautious when he stopped Kizaru reasoning Wano has an "unknown force".

Doesn't that mean Greenbull is actually not from Wano?

:choppawhat:

KiriNigiri

The Road To Harmony
Nah, Ushimaru's clearly suppose to look like Zoro, and not a real world actor. Oda tries to replicate the facial structures of guy's like Bunta Sugawara, and Shintaro Katsu to an almost uncanny valley level, not just surface level details, like a scar.

Plus, I believe Ryokugyu is based on Yoshio Harada, since the hair style we see Ryokugyu have is very similar to what Harada has sported in his films.

My biggest issue with Green Bull being Ushimaru is that from his silhouette that we saw back in chapter 905, he seems to be a bit bigger than Fujitora, who is almost 9 feet tall. Ushimaru seems to be roughly Zoro's size.