Manga Discussion Shonen Jump TOC and minor series

Thought having this would be an interesting idea, to keep track of weekly shonen jump in general.
Can keep an eye on all the new series, see how they do and discuss the series not qualified for their own threads.

anyway here's this weeks ToC.

Moriking is a new gag manga - I really don't know why Jump needs a 4th gag Manga, Mashle is already killing Mitama and Agravity so Moriking i dont see much of a future for.
The Big hitters all rank well of course.
I hate Undead being ranked so low, it was doing so well for its first few chapters, don't let me down Japan, Undead deserves to survive!. The Good news is that Undead Unluck volume 1 has went to reprint so there's hope :)
I Like Mission Yozakura and Guardian of the Witch but while Yozakura has volumes being reprinted Guardian has had no such announcement for its volume 1 so it's not looking good for it.

Garp the Fist

Bwahahahaha
I like the idea of thia thread, so I've stickied it. Seems as good a place as any to discuss Jump as a whole.

Anyway, Moriking was dreadful and I don't see it lasting. Jump will be looking for some big new series in the next year. Kimetsu looks to be ending very soon, Haikyu, Neverland and We Never Learn are all on their last arcs.

Burn the Witch will get a big push, but that's only meant to be a short series anyway. I'm expecting a new sports manga and harem manga to fill the Haikyu/WNL gap.

Kimetsu no Yaiba is very lucky to have beautiful anime adaptation by Ufotable that boost the sales.

Other manga is suffering from bad anime adaptation like Kingdom and Berserk stupid 3d animation. One Piece and Naruto also suffering from greedy studio that always milking the series. Nanatsu no taizai is even worst in 3rd season. Something like this will make a manga having a hard time to gain new readers.

Bone Collection (Cover and LCP)
Kimetsu no Yaiba
One Piece
Moriking (CP)
Dr. Stone
My Hero Academia
Chainsaw Man (CP)
Haikyuu!!
We Never Learn
Mashle
Act-Age (CP)
Jujutsu Kaisen
Black Clover
Mission: Yozakura Family
Mitama Security
Undead Unluck
Yuuna and the Haunted Hotsprings
Guardian of the Witch
Agravity Boys

Issue 23
Cover and LCP - Kimetsu no Yaiba (Climax)
CP - The Promised Neverland (Climax of the Last Arc), Heavy Metal Yankees (Kawada), Bone Collection
Extra Pages - Moriking

Last edited:

no surprises in the top 6
Mashle is doing amazing, no point starting any gag manga now like Moriking as Mashle is just going to eat all the votes.
Black Clover is surprisingly low
Yozakura bounces back :)
Undead Unluck is too low, dammit Japan vote for it.
I would have liked to see how Guardian could have developed but its looking pretty dead.
as for Moriking, its nothing special.
Hopefully Bone Collection will be better.

:pepemotion:
Welp...

At least it's going out on Gotouge's terms and not being extended past its due time, despite being the biggest series in Japan atm. There's still the rest of the anime to come, which could spread across 5 years, so at least there's still food being provided by Ufotable. Going to miss this series though.

Thankfully there's still tons of other awesome stuff in Jump atm. Even OP seems to be picking up too. Have you read Chainsaw Man btw?

Thankfully there's still tons of other awesome stuff in Jump atm. Even OP seems to be picking up too. Have you read Chainsaw Man btw?
I will do read it later, but yeah it was kinda already on my list.
I know in Jump we have other awesome stuff, but as when Bleach or Naruto left the Jump, something will be left for me form now...
My usually thursday:
Waking up>Reading OnePiece/KnY spoiler>>Reading Blackclover/Boku no hero and other jump spoilers...
From now something will be left and I start the day with One piece only in the morning...
:pepecry:

TOC Thoughts
*Moriking is a mistake, it is not ranked so #5 is Haikyuu and '#6 is Mashle and so on.
it's strange seeing another series at #1 that isn't One Piece or Kimetsu lol
Mashle is definitely going to be around a while.
Surprised that Mitama is abve Black Clover and Chainsaw man
Undead Unluck going up teh chart, keep it going Japan.
Chainsaw Man barely avoiding bottom 5, not surprised really, the current arc is a cluster and i dont know who half the people are lol.
Guardian of the witch is Dead, it'll be cancelled soon.

Shounen Jump Issue 24:
Time Paradox Ghost Writer (Cover, Lead CP, New Series)
Yakusoku no Neverland
Haikyuu!!
Shinrin Ouja Mori King
Black Clover
Kimetsu no Yaiba (CP, End)
Mashle
Boku no Hero Academia
Dr. Stone (CP)
Bone Collection
Boku-tachi wa Benkyou ga Dekinai
Undead Unluck (CP)
Jujutsu Kaisen
Mitama Secu-Re-ty
Act-Age
Yozakura-san Chi no Dai Sakusen
Chainsaw-man
Agravity Boys
Majo no Moribito
Yuragi-sou no Yuuna-san

One Piece (Absent)

Shounen Jump Issue 25:
Cover, Lead CP: Jujutsu Kaisen
CP: Black Clover, Time Paradox Ghost Writer, Yuugen to Jorei Gakkyuu (One Shot by Tsukuda Yuuto (story) and Saeki Shun (artwork))

With One Piece Absent and Kimetsu not ranked the ToC looks a bit strange lol
Mashle reaches number 4, its highest rank yet, its going to be around for a while
Chainsawman in the bottom 5 again, not good, I know its current arc is pretty poor but i never thought it would drop so badly.
Guardian of the witch isn't going to survive much longer.
I've no idea how Yuna is still going it's always near the bottom but keeps surviving.

as for last weeks chapters Undead Unluck and Mashle had great chapters, Hopefully Undead can pick up in the rankings cause it's better than Mashle.
Guardian is just ok, I dont see how it can improve to surprise, its pretty basic.
Bone Collection chapter 2 was better than chapter 1 but not by much, it's probably the next zipman/guardian
Moriking is a decent wee comedy manga, it's better than Agravity and Mitama Security so i hope to see it rank higher than them.
Post automatically merged:

TOC
One Piece is back as the king of Jump
Mashle rises to 3, wow It's an ok manga and the last 2 chapters have been great but its not something i expected to do this well.
Yozakura bounces up to 7th, this series jumps all over the place lol
Chainsaw man rebounds as well.
Undead staying out the bottom 5, thats what I like to see.
I'm pretty sure Agravity and Guardians are doomed.

Last edited:
Half year sales rankings are out
Kimetsu no Yaiba really is something else
:cheers::cheers::cheers:
@playa4321
Wow....
Before I start with KnY and One piece in general.

Man Im happy that Boku no hero doing it very well, top 5 in half season isn't bad, no it is even great,hope it make more sales.
For Boku no hero fans as me, @Ice devil slayer , @JioFreed , @RayanOO and far more fans, probably a good news which we get from the sales ranking.

Now let talk about KnY. DUDE fucking 45mio sales and we have still a half year so it can even break 60-80mio in the end!!! Really insane and good for KnY, far more then One piece this year, over 40mio more for KnY!!!

One piece: Probably one of the worst years overall? Can One piece even reach 10mio this year? I really doubt it and it is kinda sad where we land with one piece. Seeing our loving manga in this shape, kinda sad.

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
Wow....
Before I start with KnY and One piece in general.

Man Im happy that Boku no hero doing it very well, top 5 in half season isn't bad, no it is even great,hope it make more sales.
For Boku no hero fans as me, @Ice devil slayer , @JioFreed , @RayanOO and far more fans, probably a good news which we get from the sales ranking.

Now let talk about KnY. DUDE fucking 45mio sales and we have still a half year so it can even break 60-80mio in the end!!! Really insane and good for KnY, far more then One piece this year, over 40mio more for KnY!!!

One piece: Probably one of the worst years overall? Can One piece even reach 10mio this year? I really doubt it and it is kinda sad where we land with one piece. Seeing our loving manga in this shape, kinda sad.
Yeah 3.3m for half the year is good especially with the arc we are now and the future arcs, I can expect the sales to jump a bit. I hope this will reach 8m this year.

For one piece standart yes this is not awesome but given the wars to come and the battle feats I also expect a jump in sales : the 10m are possible.

The thing is Attack on titan : this is the last arc so I expected more sales. 2m is not so high

1 Kimetsu no Yaiba - 45,297,633
One Piece - 4,885,538
Gotoubun no Hanayome - 4,240,192
Kingdom - 3,512,571
My Hero Academia - 3,339,656
The Promised Neverland -3,102,313
Haikyuu!! - 2,996,317
Shingeki no Kyojin - 2,212,135
Jibaku Shounen Hanako-kun - 2,138,410
Spy x Family - 1,796,759

Shingeki no Kyojin isn´t bad, but not great as years ago when it match up One piece in sales.
But KnY beating everyone right now, the hype is insane!!