Shunsuiju is Heavenly King Level

How Strong Is Shunsuiju?

• Total voters

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
Hello everyone,

Today I want to talk about a commander who we don’t talk about often in the Kingdom Battledome, Shunsuiju:

Strength: 83
Leadership: 90
Intelligence: 93

From the moment we got this panel here:

It was clear that Hara was planning big things for both Bananji and Shunsuiju, and sure enough, both characters have proven themselves to be some of the best Generals in Zhao. Shunsuiju in particular is one of the more brutal tacticians we’ve seen, and he has been responsible for some of the most dangerous strategies we’ve seen in the 3 year Qin War:

1. 3 years ago, Shunsuiju was the first Zhao general to realize that Qin was planning to attack Zhao from the South and not the North

2. When Ousen, Yotanwa, and Kanki were all invading Zhao, Riboku tasked Shunsuiju with defeating Yotanwa, and long story short his Quanrong strategy and various tactics nearly succeeded. This feat by itself is arguably a Heavenly King level feat, as Shunsuiju’s strategy resulted in a Qin 6GG level commander having her forces devastated and Zhao came very close to winning that battle

3. Shunsuiju’s Atsuyo defense (Riboku helped) resulted in Ousen’s army suffering huge casualties and ultimately resulted in Ousen being stalled out at Atsuyo. This is an especially big deal as Ousen is known as a strong siege commander. Shunsuiju lead this defense from inside the city and escaped back into Zhao even as Ousen captured the city

4. And just recently at Sekirei, Shunsuiju’s poison strategy resulted in Heki’s survivor army being annihilated before they could even muster up a defense.

So why do I say that Shunsuiju is Heavenly King level? Well simply put, when we compare him to the Heavenly Kings and other known Heavenly King level commanders, his feats hold up extremely well.

When Kyou En squared up against Ousen for example, Ousen was ultimately able to defeat Kyou En without suffering too many setbacks/casualties. But when Riboku unleashed Shunsuiju against Yotanwa, Yotanwa’s forces were devastated and very nearly destroyed entirely, Yotanwa’s win vs Shunsuiju and the Quanrong was very much a close win that she nearly lost. You might say “well Shunsuiju had the Quanrong to help,” but that’s what warfare is: you take advantage of your surroundings/environment to achieve victory. Let’s not forget that the Quanrong were hostile towards Zhao but Shunsuiju was still able to solicit their help against Yotanwa.

Even disregarding the Quanrong, Shunsuiju faced Ousen at Atsuyo and gave him more trouble than Kyou En gave him. Hell Shunsuiju arguably gave Ousen more trouble than Ordo did at the Coalition War. Sure this was siege warfare but Ousen is supposed to be strong at siege offense.

Looking at what Shunsuiju did to Heki was really the moment for me that made me respect him more. Heki is a competent General at this point, he is strong at the fundamentals of warfare and even Mouten refused to say that his army was stronger than Heki’s. That said, Shunsuiju’s poison strategy essentially resulted in Heki’s troops being completely negged without putting up any fight whatsoever. Heki is a competent general like I said but Shunsuiju essentially defeated him before he ever even had a chance to fight.

Shunsuiju is miles above your average general (Heki), has seriously impressive feats against Qin 6GG level opponents (Yotanwa, Ousen), arguably even better feats that what we already saw from the Heavenly Kings themselves. I don’t think one Heavenly King level commander has feats as impressive as what Shunsuiju pulled against 6GG level commanders, aside from maybe Rinko breaking through Ouki’s lines and taking a shot at him.

I say Shunsuiju is Heavenly King level as the Heavenly Kings have serious hype, and feats are somewhat situational, but I think Shunsuiju (and Bananji) are Riboku’s own “Heavenly Kings”.

What do you guys think?

@God Buggy @Blackbeard @TheKnightOfTheSea @SakazOuki @Warchief Sanji D Goat @Jailer @Patryipe @Dark Admiral @Shanks @MarineHQ @etcetcetc

Cool thread and on the whole, I agree. He's in that bracket and obviously has a lot of room for growth. We can debate stats all day, but in a general sense it is likely that we're looking at a guy who will eventually be around 85-92-95. He's a prodigy, as seen when Riboku had him lead 100k Zhao soldiers from Kousonryuu despite his age (as the latter made note of).

I wouldn't compare his performance against Yotanwa to Kyouen vs Ousen, though. YTW was at an immense disadvantage and ultimately, she actually outplayed Shunsuiju with her tactics with a fraction of the numbers. Ousen was above Kyouen, with even numbers. But that doesn't detract from the main point of the thread.

I think he'd lose to any of the HK's at this moment, but that's due to his lack of experience. His talent is easily there. In fact we may be looking at someone whom we consider to be 'FD level' at some point, which is above a HK or Chougaryu, for eg.

Where we need to see growth from SSJ, is him leading an army independently, whereby the enemy knows he is also target #1. It is a bit different when you can 'hide' in the shadows and pull strings in an advisor capacity. I don't quite put him at the level whereby I believe he beats Kyouen, 30k vs 30k. But he will get there and may actually be there already. We've not had an in depth look at him yet.

Thanks for the thread. I enjoy them :)

Great thread as always Lee!

SSJ is goated. He's definitely up there with the HK.

Now here's the real question, is full potential SSJ Great Heaven level?:myman:
I don't believe so. Not until we see a GH who is beneath what we have seen so far. It's always fun to talk about 'GH Level' but the only ones we have seen that are natural GGs, are Riboku, Renpa and RSJ. If you don't stand alongside those 3, you're a pretender.

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
Probably Keisha still, Great Heaven candidate > unconfirmed Heavenly King level general (or even Heavenly King level general.

Keisha was probably the strongest Zhao general outside of the Great Heavens, the only commander I’d put in the same tier as him is Kochou, who honestly deserves a respect thread of his own lol.

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
Probably Keisha still, Great Heaven candidate > unconfirmed Heavenly King level general (or even Heavenly King level general.

Keisha was probably the strongest Zhao general outside of the Great Heavens, the only commander I’d put in the same tier as him is Kochou, who honestly deserves a respect thread of his own lol.
Kochou > Keisha for me
Hype and feats and subs

I put Keisha as the strongest outside of the old Heavens and Riboku/Shibashou (closest to the seat of GH, beat Riboku in war games a fair few times, Riboku previously thought he was the strongest of an entire type of commander, had Duke Hyou in a bad spot very early, was tasked also with facing Kanki and apparently figured out his weakness). For how he was portrayed, I put him higher than everyone aside from the names above.

Kochou is also impressive, though. For the role he took in the story, he deserves his respect. He was also shown figuring out what Kanki was trying to do, though he obviously couldn't in time. He ain't Mougou or Choutou lol, he was a legit non-GH GG.

Where would you rank Gaku Jou? He was apparently said to be the #2 of Zhao when Renpa fought him lol. He got destroyed 50k vs 8k but Renpa had the HKs too. And he said that at times, his warfare would give him the chills. He obviously ain't Renpa tier as portrayed...but that doesn't say much lol.
@RayanOO

Last edited:

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
I put Keisha as the strongest outside of the old Heavens and Riboku/Shibashou (closest to the seat of GH, beat Riboku in war games a fair few times, Riboku previously thought he was the strongest of an entire type of commander, had Duke Hyou in a bad spot very early, was tasked also with facing Kanki and apparently figured out his weakness). For how he was portrayed, I put him higher than everyone aside from the names above.

Kochou is also impressive, though. For the role he took in the story, he deserves his respect. He was also shown figuring out what Kanki was trying to do, though he obviously couldn't in time. He ain't Mougou or Choutou lol, he was a legit non-GH GG.

Where would you rank Gaku Jou? He was apparently said to be the #2 of Zhao when Renpa fought him lol. He got destroyed 50k vs 8k but Renpa had the HKs too. And he said that at times, his warfare would give him the chills. He obviously ain't Renpa tier as portrayed...but that doesn't say much lol.
@RayanOO
Yeah Kochou > Mougou or Choutou, I’d probably put him somewhere around Ordo level. Ordo has jobbed so far but he’s supposed to be a competent Great General overall.

Gakujou, idk. He lost to Renpa so badly I don’t know if I’d put him above Kochou. Great General level sure, but perhaps Kochou level?