Future Events Smoker will be close to Luffy's level the next time we see him

So Smoker will be Top tier next time we see him?
You better not get your hopes too high vlad- kun.
Oda likes playing favourite with Luffy and those near Luffy,so any person not main charactEr is not going to evolve at the same speed when said character is not near Luffy or very relevant in the story.

Smoker should be weaker than all those 5 on the roof when he appears next.

Smoker is top tier in epilogue though.

Last edited:
Nah Smoker is an eternal loser
Because of one arc? Let Punk hazard go.

I'm still trying to figure out why Smoker's reputation has been completely destroyed within this fandom because of one arc. A lot of characters lose and have lost more times. Law got his ass kicked & lost the same amount of times as Smoker in Dressrosa but no one bashes him for it or acts as if he couldn't grow from that.

Because of one arc? Let Punk hazard go.

I'm still trying to figure out why Smoker's reputation has been completely destroyed within this fandom because of one arc. A lot of characters lose and have lost more times. Law got his ass kicked & lost the same amount of times as Smoker in Dressrosa but no one bashes him for it or acts as if he couldn't grow from that.
I was joking

Finalbeta

Law Nerd
We can't see when he will appear, it's still undecipherable as long as Oda only wants to show a few panels of him. Of course logic would tell us that it is likely that will merely see him by the time the final war events start taking over. But he won't be near Luffy's level by that time in my opinion, he will probably still be weaker than any admiral currently living.

The problem with Smoker overall is his performance in Punkhazard.
Losing too Law,Vergo and Doflamingo, let take these Ls out and speak about his feats, everything was poor and bad.
The only good thing was his speed and even then he get lose to Law in a speedfight. His haki was poor,his attack power was poor, he did nothing for his devilfruit in the two years. It was overall a bad performance. Such bad that even vets as Pageone/Perospero looking far better then Smoker. And Luffy is two/three stages above guys like Pero.

Smoker need better haki, future sight, new technique for devilfruit, adva CoA, better phsyical states. So many things left and it is hard to believe that Smoker reach YC lvl let alone someone as Luffy.

Well for one thing he lost to Law in the same fashion that Luffy lost to Caesar, so I don't hold that against him. He was losing to Vergo in order for Law to get his heart back, so I also don't hold that against him.

But losing to Doflamingo without a fight... nah. Smoker won't be rising above Begrudging Ally and his only real ticket is Tashigi raising to the level of making Zoro pay attention as is her life's goal. Somehow Coby took his spot and we should be sad about that.

So Smoker will be Top tier next time we see him?
You better not get your hopes too high vlad- kun.
Oda likes playing favourite with Luffy and those near him,si any person not main charactEr is not going to evolve at the same speed when said character is not near Luffy.

Smoker is top tier in epilogue though.
I mean he is about to meet Vegapunk the world's greatest scientist who has discovered the secrets of DF.

Who knows what might happen :kayneshrug:

Well for one thing he lost to Law in the same fashion that Luffy lost to Caesar, so I don't hold that against him. He was losing to Vergo in order for Law to get his heart back, so I also don't hold that against him.

But losing to Doflamingo without a fight... nah. Smoker won't be rising above Begrudging Ally and his only real ticket is Tashigi raising to the level of making Zoro pay attention as is her life's goal. Somehow Coby took his spot and we should be sad about that.
1) In what fashion was Luffy vs Caesar comparable to Smoker vs Law? Hax?
2) Still nonsensical opinion. If Smoker could beat Vergo, he would have, instead of relying on a pirate. Beating Vergo would still get Law´s heart back. Neither works the excuse of "the heart could have been damaged" considering he was punching Vergo around a few panels prior.

Anyway, Smoker will be in the commander/high tier spectrum when we see him again, at that point Luffy is already facing top tiers though.
Coby did not take his spot, completely different dynamic regarding his character. He is one of Luffy´s inspired ones who will have their time in the future.

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
Smoker was never far from Luffy’s level, only monkeys think he was lol. Current Smoker would run circles around Kaido who is too slow to land a hit on base Luffy. Smoker raced base Luffy one time, and Luffy had to take 5 minutes to stave off cardiac arrest. Meanwhile Kaido is no trouble for people of Luffy’s speed lol.

So yeah, Smoker and Luffy will be pretty close next time around.