Chapter Discussion Smoothy can't break the door on WCI?

Can someone post a Viz translation of the panels, where Smoothy ''apparently'' stated she could NOT break the door, where the PG's were.

I hear this everytime when someone talks about Smoothy, especially if it's about PL...so i would like to know if this was really a thing, because the translations i read were showing Tamago saying she should keep an Eye on the door, because it's the only entry.

I don't think she actually said she couldn't break the door..
Tamago asked her to get the people who were behind that door and she replied saying something like "The door is locked,so we will wait for them to come out".
Now that was mostly speaking about her laziness than anything,but people took it like she couldn't actually destroy the door or that it had to do with PL.

Can someone post a Viz translation of the panels, where Smoothy ''apparently'' stated she could NOT break the door, where the PG's were.

I hear this everytime when someone talks about Smoothy, especially if it's about PL...so i would like to know if this was really a thing, because the translations i read were showing Tamago saying she should keep an Eye on the door, because it's the only entry.
It was never stated that she couldn't break the door (I don't even think there was a bad translation saying that)... just that people don't like her making headcannon facts.

To be fair, she didn't say she can't destroy the door despite me and others trolling her about it

Rather she implied that Brook slipped in, and closed the door, and once he gets out of it since it's the only entry and exit, she will deal with him

Now, some may actually say "why wouldn't she destroy the door"?

Well, let's forget about Big Mom who controls everything in her territory and does things on a whim, destroying the door will leave the secret room OPEN and vulnerable for quite a while, which makes it even harder for Smoothie and others after dealing with Brook and Pedro to leave that spot

So, logically, you want to keep that door intact and fixed and safe for what comes AFTER dealing with Brook and Pedro

Big Mom on the other hand came barging destroying the door, her actions is reflecting her personality, unlike a more calculative person like Smoothie who has shown tactical skills before

Note: I'll still troll her for the two rivals, Doors and waterfall haha

Akai2

🆉🅾🆁🅾 🆃🅾🅾 🆂🆃🆁🅾🅽🅺!
We were talking about her character flaw the other day in the Charlotte FC
I also hope to see some character development for Smoothie with her becoming more assertive and becoming more of a true leader to her siblings and subordinates with her giving true charismatic speeches and really taking charge in her mother and Katakuri's absence.
Exactly, her character flaw that was introduced is that she needs to be pushed into taking action, she's not assertive enough. Long running series with a giant cast is detrimental to following up on every character thread, but this is one I hope we get some development on.
Yes she needs to realize that as a Sweet Commander and as one of the strongest in her family and crew she has to take decisions and responsabilities and to be the one leading and helping her siblings when the situation needs it instead of just letting her mother and older siblings do all the decisions and work.
Post automatically merged:

The fact that she is the most level-headed of the BMP that came to Wano and the one who berated her siblings for underestimating their mother and thinking she would die so easely cements this.
BM's emotional abandonment shows itself in her children's personalities. Smoothie is just a push over and doesn't have the confidence to be assertive and take matters into her own hand. Even in the latest chapter she's the only one that doesn't object to the alliance, she just says "That's what Mama decided". I hope she gets a moment where she addresses that flaw, either by accepting it or overcoming it.

On this specific scene though I believe she was instructed not to hurt Brook because Mom wanted him for her exotic collection. And yeah the "she couldn't break the door" translation is not accurate.

Last edited: