Speculations So does Gomu Gomu no mi still exist? and if it does then how do you think it differs from Sun God devil fruit?

What I am saying could there be paramecia with rubber ability. Sun god is totally different thing it is Zoan type of fruit. There are countless types of paramecia devil fruit in one piece world. So the existence of rubber devil fruit should be very possible.

So if there does exist paramecia type rubber devil fruit, how do you guys think it will differ from Sun god in terms of power and awakening?

Finalbeta

Law Nerd
My intuition is that nothing else with rubber properties probably exists as long as it strictly reminds of Nika as that would be too repetitive considering Luffy's DF was so rubbery it was a perfect counter to Enel's power according to Oda physics 🧐🧐🧐

KonyaruIchi

👑𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓟𝓲𝓻𝓪𝓽𝓮 𝓠𝓾𝓮𝓮𝓷👑
I get the feeling there isn't, however because it totally makes sense for there to be a "gomu gomu no mi" in the one piece world, whoever renamed it decided it would make sense to rename the nika fruit to it and reclassify it as a paramecia (since honestly the fruit is kind of ass and behaves like a paramecia until awakened). Plus it makes sense they would choose one that doesn't exist, otherwise the ploy to hide the nika fruit would make no sense as it could be discovered one fruit isn't really the gomu gomu...
:zorothink:

Finalbeta

Law Nerd
I get the feeling there isn't, however because it totally makes sense for there to be a "gomu gomu no mi" in the one piece world, whoever renamed it decided it would make sense to rename the nika fruit to it and reclassify it as a paramecia (since honestly the fruit is kind of ass and behaves like a paramecia until awakened). Plus it makes sense they would choose one that doesn't exist, otherwise the ploy to hide the nika fruit would make no sense as it could be discovered one fruit isn't really the gomu gomu...
:zorothink:
I bet this is simply one of the Oda retcons, Gomu is simply Nika according to the ones in the verse who didn't know about the true Gomu nature and called Nika Gomu :josad:

I believe it exists, at a base level the fruits potientally has the same abilities and no one would be able to tell the difference anyway.

I think it's very possible that we meet the user of the real gomu gomu no mi in Elbaf or a future arc, how else will Luffy know the true name of his fruit if Shanks doesn't reveal it.

Last edited:
I believe it exists, at a base level the fruits potientally has the same abilities and no one would be able to tell the difference anyway.

I think it's very possible that we meet the user of the real gomu gomu no mi in Elbaf or a future arc, how else will Luffy know the true name of his fruit if Shanks doesn't reveal it.
This would be cool.I think the gomu gomu is just an inferior version.Luffy gets extra strenght,durability,endurance because its a mythical zoan.