Current Events So who is going to get Nidai Kitetsu?

Who gets Nidai?

• Total voters
The entire Luffy-Nidai thing feels like a waste of time, especially now that Zoro picked up Enma... Like the only reason was simply telling us that the sword is in Wano.

So who's gonna wield it in the future?

It's quite a famous and powerful sword, and I don't see any character who's relevant enough to get it beside Zoro.

Right now I'm thinking that at the end of the arc Zoro will pick it up in exchange for Sandai Kitetsu. Tenguyama will see that, having mastered Sandai (& Enma), Zoro could be the right person to carry Nidai and will offer the swap.

Other ideas?

Zoro imo. While he will spend this arc training with Enma so he won't have enough time training with Nidai Kitetsu, but when he along with Sanji and Law and Killer are 4 vs 1ing King, I think King will break his Sandai.

So in mid Wano arc, Zoro lost Shusui and get Enma, and will get used to Enma in current arc.
End of Wano arc Zoro lost Sandai, get Nidai and will get used to it in next arc.

Zoro!
For me, Heitetusu is gradually developing more respect to Zoro, and since he's the one who made Sandai while Nidai is made by his ancestor, then it's only proper that only Heitetsu to propose to replace Sandai with upgrade by giving him Nidai.

And since Sandai belongs to Heitetsu t begin with, Zoro will feel at easy leaving the sword to Heitetsu's care.

So, basically, I think for the rest of this arc, Zoro will use:
1- Sandai
2- Wado
3- Enma

But after liberation and after the war ends and Zoro becomes popular among all Wano Samurai, Tengoyama Heitetsu will ask Zoro to give him back his Sandai to grant him Nidai as he believes that he's more than deserving to weird his ancestor blade which until now, he feared no one can tame its curse, but he has faith in Zoro to do it.

Where Zoro will end up with:
1- Nidai
2- Enma
3- Wado

All of them are 21 great grade swords that have yet to turn black.

Some may say (why does every sword need to be tamed)

Well, it started with Sandai, which was cursed, Nidai will be no different, same with Enma here.

Shusui and Wado swords though seem to be pure and not bloodthirsty blades, which is why Zoro didn't require to tame them

I actually considered Wado to be lower quality at first and so always figured it would break and Tengu will forge a new one combining two name swords.
Bt given Wado Ichimonji is of same quality as Enma i no longer think Tengu will forge a new one.

Sandai can break if Zoro tried at Kaidou. And thn he can get Nidai Kitestu.

Bt Zoro compass also made a point that swords don't brrak whrn coated in Haki.

So not sure. Hence i think any other character could get it.

I don't think Brook sword style meets with Nidai, his swords are thin one.

Law sword is already a good one. Bt he can get it.

Oda also wouldn't have introduced Nidai for no particular reason, no other names come to my mind.

Zoro obviously. It's not even a question. Like I said in the chapter thread:

"I STILL think that Zoro is going to end up with the Nidai by the end of this arc. I know a lot of emphasis is put on Enma this chapter. But there is just something really suspicious about Oda's writing choices in the way he introduces Nidai and the first thing he does is bring it right to Zoro but interestingly doesn't let him touch it. Then when it comes back into the story Oda just casually dangles it just outside of Zoro's reach yet again. It's almost like he's teasing us with it. And if the Nidai wasn't meant to be important then the question becomes why bother showing it to us at all? Very suspicious Oda."

The entire Luffy-Nidai thing feels like a waste of time, especially now that Zoro picked up Enma... Like the only reason was simply telling us that the sword is in Wano.

So who's gonna wield it in the future?

It's quite a famous and powerful sword, and I don't see any character who's relevant enough to get it beside Zoro.

Right now I'm thinking that at the end of the arc Zoro will pick it up in exchange for Sandai Kitetsu. Tenguyama will see that, having mastered Sandai (& Enma), Zoro could be the right person to carry Nidai and will offer the swap.

Other ideas?
It will go to Zoro and he will then make the 3 blades black

:finally:

Cyrus the Cactus

Mihawk Reigns Supreme
I actually considered Wado to be lower quality at first and so always figured it would break and Tengu will forge a new one combining two name swords.
Bt given Wado Ichimonji is of same quality as Enma i no longer think Tengu will forge a new one.

Sandai can break if Zoro tried at Kaidou. And thn he can get Nidai Kitestu.

Bt Zoro compass also made a point that swords don't brrak whrn coated in Haki.

So not sure. Hence i think any other character could get it.

I don't think Brook sword style meets with Nidai, his swords are thin one.

Law sword is already a good one. Bt he can get it.

Oda also wouldn't have introduced Nidai for no particular reason, no other names come to my mind.
I dunno, Law with a standard sized katana would just look weird...I think nodachi are more suited for him.

A

ardym

Tengu is impressed by Zoro he could give it to him even before the battle especially if he thinks the he will give him extra power , neither of them will lose a thing Zoro a better replacement and Tengu would say my sword is in the hands of the coming strongest swordman