Somthing political (sorry)

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
Can someone american anwser something about the impeachment. Is trump not president anymore? Can you still vote for him in 2020? What is the full proces of this (like is this the final decision)?
I love in the US and follow this closely.

Impeachment is kinda meaningless, it just means that another vote will take place to determine whether trump will be removed from office. He won’t be removed though unfortunately.

Not American, but I wasted 6 months of my life following the US 2020 elections (or rather a particular candidate), so I guess this qualifies me to comment.

Impeachment doe not automatically result in removal. It's more akin to a formal vote of no confidence to initiate a removal process. After impeachment there is a trial in the Senate. Two thirds of present senators must vote to convict Trump (which is required to formally remove him). As the Republican party currently holds a majority in the Senate, conviction looks likely.
Wait could he be arrested ?

Can someone american anwser something about the impeachment. Is trump not president anymore? Can you still vote for him in 2020? What is the full proces of this (like is this the final decision)?
In quick succession; Trump is still President, he will probably still be the Republican candidate for 2020 unless some unforeseen circumstance happens, this is not the final decision since it has to go through the upper house of Congress (the Senate) which the Republicans control and who will almost undoubtedly acquit Trump.

Basically, not much actually happened.

Disagree on the not much TBH. Conviction or not, impeachment is still a momentous occurrence.
In terms of how often it occurs then sure, it rarely happens. In terms of it actually achieving anything? Not really.

Trying to legitimately kick him out? Not going to happen, just like with the previous two impeachments that failed.

Trying to stick mud to Trump’s name? Kinda hard to sling mud and expect it to make a difference to a bipedal turd. Besides, the debate is not whether or not being impeached spoils Trump’s record but rather will go into the Top 10 worst things he has done or maybe at a pinch, the Top 5 :kayneshrug:

Trying to spoil Trump’s reputation and make him unelectable? If nothing that has come out of Trump’s mouth already caused him to become unelectable then this impeachment is water off a duck’s back as far as his voters are concerned.

Hell, Trump has always tried to build the image of himself being the populist who is against the perceived entrenched political hierarchy so this whole impeachment deal might actually reinforce that image thus causing his supporters to be galvanized in their opinion of Trump as the antiestablishment candidate.

Unless the upcoming trial goes the Democrat’s way (which it most likely won’t) then this whole impeachment event will likely be the longest exercise in political futility since the Remainers believed that they could convince the English middle and working classes that Brexit was in fact a bad idea.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
All I can say is that the Democrats deserve to lose if Biden wins the nomination. I’m an American leftist, and Joey is every bit as demented, out of touch with reality, and in the pockets of big business as Donnie is...really hoping for Sanders and Warren to form a ticket somehow, but things aren’t looking great for Elizabeth lately.

OT: As others have said, the president being impeached simply means the House of Representatives have enough proof to demonstrate that he abused his power and should be indicted. If he’s acquitted through a trial in the Senate, then nothing happens and he’s just known as an impeached president forever; if he’s found guilty, he can be removed from office (at which point Pence would ascend to the presidency) and convicted for a crime. His party still holds the majority in the Senate, and that spineless twat McConnell has all but admitted he’ll rig the trial in Donnie’s favor, so his removal seems highly unlikely.

(Please keep in mind that being found innocent by a rigged jury doesn’t mean you’re not guilty; that’s like if the Gorosei declared that Akainu was a saint after he murdered Ace with his bare hands, there’s a clear and present bias.)

Again, I think he’ll only stop being the president if the Democratic nominee can beat him...considering that Clinton, a historically unlikeable candidate, got over 3 million more votes than him in the general election, it’s clearly possible. The DNC just has to get with the fucking program and go with Sanders or Warren over Biden and Buttigieg...and I remain something less than optimistic that they’ll actually do so.

Last edited:
Not American, but I wasted 6 months of my life following the US 2020 elections (or rather a particular candidate), so I guess this qualifies me to comment.

Impeachment doe not automatically result in removal. It's more akin to a formal vote of no confidence to initiate a removal process. After impeachment there is a trial in the Senate. Two thirds of present senators must vote to convict Trump (which is required to formally remove him). As the Republican party currently holds a majority in the Senate, conviction looks likely.
unlikely
conviction is unlikely

Soooooo about my question in the spoiler room lmao
Well I don’t think ww3 could happen, but anything is possible since Iran is going to retaliate in someway. Let’s hope that it won’t lead to something big, even though what US did was stupid and it was something what terrorist would do. (I don’t think it would be classified as terrorism since it is US). I never liked US government or Iran.

H

Homelander

Soooooo about my question in the spoiler room lmao
Post automatically merged:

No, but fr after calming dowm a bit and thinking about this with a straight mind. The worst possible scenario is america going to war with iran and maybe china.
War with iran qill not happen. Iran isnot like iraqor afghan. The military isvery capable honestly it will be worse the Nam war.

War with either of these countries is pointless.

KINGKONGGUN15

The Soul King
Well I don’t think ww3 could happen, but anything is possible since Iran is going to retaliate in someway. Let’s hope that it won’t lead to something big, even though what US did was stupid and it was something what terrorist would do. (I don’t think it would be classified as terrorism since it is US). I never liked US government or Iran.
I just hope europe doesnt get involved in this. That would be innocent blood

Going after the guy that can be considered top 3 most powerful in our country god that is stupid i hope it doesn't get people involved but Iran will retaliate in someway

Last edited: