Was Wano one of the worst arcs in One Piece? How do you rate wano?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
Y’all don’t understand - just like Yamato decided to drop a yearslong dream in the span of seven days, it’s gonna turn out that every single plot line that Oda set up and left unresolved on panel happened during that weeklong skip, take that to the fucking BANK :kata:
Whenever Yamato said "I want live as free as Oden did", I never imagined that she would literally be living EXACTLY like how Oden did.

The Walking Muscle, Plot-armor and Boobs Trio
Like I said, the borders aren't open. It takes time. Things can't be fixed in just a month. Momo will learn how to rule once he matures more.
Post automatically merged:

Actually no. Wano fell to ruin because of Wano's policies.
And what happens to the children who take this into heart? Suddenly they realize they were taught wrong? Everything they know is a lie - again? If it was real life, those children would never trust any teacher ever again.

If Oda wanted this plot thread open, this was not the way to do it.

the audience knows why orochi became orochi
the people of wano will never know nor care ,little reason to not feel justified. perhaps if there are more kurozumi's around , they would continue to act the same way they had done in the past.

this topic is clearly too complicated for op
if you want to read on how the cycle of hatred is tackled
naruto handles this a lot better.
I don't know about handling "better" but Naruto definitely has an interesting take on it. Fishman Island still beats Naruto in that regard. I am a Big 3 fan btw so don't use "Naruto hater" as a boogeyman.

the people of wano will never know nor care ,little reason to not feel justified. perhaps if there are more kurozumi's around , they would continue to act the same way they had done in the past.

Once again

Naruto > OP

D

Deleted member 33823

To an extent yes, but let's not forget that the leaf village never apologized to Naruto or Sasuke for the shit they lived through

Kinda few for the man who's responsible for helping Luffy to be able to compete with Kaido tho :josad:
This arc just is a byproduct of doing to much at once. Clearly a lot of things were rushed or just straight up cut:

- Skipped farewells (Hyo, Scabbards, etc)
- Izo and Asura's deaths (and Kiku's indifference...)
- Zoro/Ryuma/Shimotsuki connections (I guess will be addressed somehow during the void century flashback or something idk). Onimaru serving no function but to amass weapons for the alliance, no further plot there on Ushimaru.
- Marco missing (but imo may show up on the crews ship in a few chapters when they are sailing)
- Fates of the Yonko, Jack, BMP, F6, etc. Oda has never left stuff like this unknown in the past.
- Drake? Hawkins? Apoo? Caribou?

Sure, a lot of this can and will be addressed potentially later, since Wano still has a role to play. It's still makes does not help its climax. Ideally the arc needed 2-3 more chapters...but whatever I'd rather move on already

And what happens to the children who take this into heart? Suddenly they realize they were taught wrong? Everything they know is a lie - again? If it was real life, those children would never trust any teacher ever again.

If Oda wanted this plot thread open, this was not the way to do it.
This was absolutely the way to do it because it leaves Oda room to still focus on the cycle of hatred. It is a real thing that happens in real life.

Luffy does not mid diffs kid and law. He loses to them
Luffy beats midd zero haki and law gear 5th one shots
Yamato could take them both 1v1 to extreme diff and possibly win
Current zoro with no control on coqs takes both to high or extreme and lose point is
Luffy yonko>admirals >kid>=law>=yamoto>zoro

Tokyo Ghoul is already great for this

:risitasad:

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
Whenever Yamato said "I want live as free as Oden did", I never imagined that she would literally be living EXACTLY like how Oden did.
You know, I don’t recall Oden ever saying “I’m going out to sea with Luffy” or otherwise discussing the Straw Hats, so if Yamato is adhering that closely to how he lived, she should have talked about exploring Wano first instead and not wasted our time :smart:

Because Wano country hunted down and killed Orochi's and Kanjurou's families in front of them when they were kids

Wano created Orochi and Kanjurou

it's their fucking fault
Ah, nvm. Wano is full of assholes then. Honestly glad that Momo and Kinemon probably won't join. At least Yamato hasn't been shown to be racist like the others, so her joining the crew is fine ( if she drops that Oden shit ) IMO.

The Walking Muscle, Plot-armor and Boobs Trio
This was absolutely the way to do it because it leaves Oda room to still focus on the cycle of hatred. It is a real thing that happens in real life.
So, they were lied to by Orochi's people. Now, they are being lied to by Momo's people. Suddenly border opens, and everyone lives happily ever after?

Status
Not open for further replies.