Was Wano one of the worst arcs in One Piece? How do you rate wano?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rubblerust

I wonder how different One Piece could be if Oda wasn't serializing his creation in WSJ + had a different team not made from retards, spies, hentai enjoyers.
The main difficulty of writing a serialized story is you don't get to change your story often. Authors usually rewrite stuff dozens of times before it's released.

That doesn't seem to have stopped Oda though. He not only changes large plot schemes, but even little details are inconsistent.

In the chapter where Sukiyaki is telling Law and Robin about Wano, he first says he doesn't know how Ancient Wano became this way, then he immediately goes on to explain exactly how it happened. There's just zero attempt to be consistent.

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
The main difficulty of writing a serialized story is you don't get to change your story often. Authors usually rewrite stuff dozens of times before it's released.

That doesn't seem to have stopped Oda though. He not only changes large plot schemes, but even little details are inconsistent.

In the chapter where Sukiyaki is telling Law and Robin about Wano, he first says he doesn't know how Ancient Wano became this way, then he immediately goes on to explain exactly how it happened. There's just zero attempt to be consistent.
I also love how people act that Oda wasn't this bad pre timeskip. He was, just not on this scale.

For example, I will give you Alabasta and Wano finale.

Luffy gets beat up a few times, uses a ridiculous power-up, and wins in the end.

Reminds you of something? Hell, yeah! Kaido vs Luffy is basically Crocodile vs Luffy but on steroids obviously.

Zoro and Sanji power-ups in Enies Lobby.

Zoro pulls up some fucking Demonology and Sanji lits his leg on fire.

They just fucking do it, they don't explain why or how they came up with it, especially after Water 7 flop vs CP9.

Same goes for Luffy's Gear 2.

Luffy is basically like: "Sooooooo I just came up with this Gear 2 thing".

How? When? Why?

Lmao. I hope more people understand that Oda was never the man people remembered him for, mostly people who praise him for pre timeskip do it because they were kids and didn't know what good writing is.

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
It's fucking insane to me.

How the fuck you can lay out so much foundation, literally have everything in place to make ur story one of the greatest shits ever, and basically not utilize 90% of the foundation you have?

I say it's insane because One Piece will forever be the most underutilized manga that I read and the insane part is that it still sold 500m copies.

How much good promotion can make up for the author's lacking?

R

rubblerust

I also love how people act that Oda wasn't this bad pre timeskip. He was, just not on this scale.

Luffy gets beat up a few times, uses a ridiculous power-up, and wins in the end.

Reminds you of something? Hell, yeah! Kaido vs Luffy is basically Crocodile vs Luffy but on steroids obviously.

They just fucking do it, they don't explain why or how they came up with it, especially after Water 7 flop vs CP9.

How? When? Why?

Lmao. I hope more people understand that Oda was never the man people remembered him for, mostly people who praise him for pre timeskip do it because they were kids and didn't know what good writing is.
He obviously follows very specific formulas.

I noticed the similarity with the Crocodile fight also. The moment Luffy said "tell them I've got this" I knew he was going to "die", because that's exactly what happened in Alabasta.

He originally wanted to shift One Piece into the endgame after Alabasta, so it makes sense that Wano has parts of what he wanted there, e.g. Pluton. But it seems like he changed his mind again when he sent Zunesha back. Guy doesn't know what the fuck he's doing.

Last edited by a moderator:

How? When? Why?

dont forget abt Zoros damage from Kuma in Thriller Bark like holy fuck made no sense, how'd he not fucking die :choppawhat:

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
He obviously follows very specific formulas.

I noticed the similarity with the Crocodile fight also. The moment Luffy said "tell them I've got this" I knew he was going to lose again, because that's exactly what happened in Alabasta.

He originally wanted to shift One Piece into the endgame after Alabasta, so it makes sense that Wano has parts of what he originally wanted there, like with the Pluton reveal. But it seems like he changed his mind again when he sent Zunesha back. Guy doesn't know what the fuck he's doing.
I repeat myself but this message needs to pop up in front of much more eyes than usual, even if only 5 people will see and understand it I will be glad.

Oda wanted One Piece to be only 5 years long of serialization.

We are 16 years into the milking the show for a $$$$$

People are not ready for the amount of absurd and idiocy Oda will go through to finish this manga, especially since he wants it over in 3 years ( it will probably be more but his mindset about this should tell you a lot ).

People are not fucking ready.
man, toei gonna have a hard time in a couple of years to fix all of Odas mistakes that will make the anime onlys frustrated and annoyed :gokulaugh:

If what we are discussing is correct and the studio can't afford having Yamato's actress as a regular, then that probably means Oda never, ever intended Yamato to join the crew so he "allowed" Toei to choose a superstar. Hiring a new actress would be the worst thing to do right now because Yamato already has a established voice and such changes only happen for major reasons (great scandals like what happened to Ivankov's first voice, sickness or death).

Anime is commonly treated as a secondary product; One Piece isn't the only series which received a "second class" dubbing. Dragon Ball too may be the best example of it, with a cast most of which has either done little dubbing or were more popular as screen actors.
Then why would he have her literally say she's going to join only to ice that idea in the chapter after? Unless Oda is trolling he's really letting his greed defect his writing

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
man, toei gonna have a hard time in a couple of years to fix all of Odas mistakes that will make the anime onlys frustrated and annoyed :gokulaugh:
I have no idea how you view the anime but for me it makes things worse.

When I remember the day I had to explain to anime onlys that NO LUFFY DOES NOT HAVE KAIOKEN + SSJ AURA IN THE MANGA. I literally wanted to drop the discussions online.

I repeat myself but this message needs to pop up in front of much more eyes than usual, even if only 5 people will see and understand it I will be glad.

Oda wanted One Piece to be only 5 years long of serialization.

We are 16 years into the milking the show for a $$$$$
It's the curse of any long running show they only care for profit now
:peperain:

Status
Not open for further replies.