Was Wano one of the worst arcs in One Piece? How do you rate wano?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The sad part is, Oda didn't even plan for it, but it was a request by his editors or w/e? So this is "just filler" pretty much? I genuinely wonder what Oda had planned if he didn't do the rooftop fight too, especially for Zoro too?

Roof Piece really was fun and spectacular, the highlight of Wano and especially Onigashima too naturally. Seeing so many Supernovas fighting together and kicking ass was unforgettable! Better than how Stampede treated them too!

I pray for more stuff like this later on, although with Hawkins apparently being dead, he can't even join in now!

:nicagesmile::emohiyo::josad::neesama:
Top 5 One Piece parts for me.
1. Luffy Rings the Bell in Skypiea
2. Roof Piece
3. End of Enies Lobby
4. The end of Alabasta
5. Whole Cake Island end

Roof Piece was the first time the protagonists felt like they were really about to change the era.

G

Gorosei Informer

This guy has always been known for his careful attention to detail and poring over his creation until it’s absolutely “perfect,” so it is HILARIOUS to know that the best part of the arc that I’m sure he considers to be the centerpiece of his magnum opus was all on the fly, but also harrowing to realize he can no longer tell a cohesive story if he actually tries…
I honestly could not have said it better! I can't believe this is the same series, but I guess this is what happens when someone obessively tries to draw and write their immensely scaled manga series for 25 years and still going strong, only to keep upping the scales and making it far more ambitious, convoluted, confusing, oversaturated and such! To even write an arc at this point which is 4 years long and around 150 chapters too, especially so late in the game, whilst narrowly approaching 50 himself and on a weekly basis is INSANE!

I'm really glad he took that month break and is restructuring the story to streamline it down a lot from the sounds of it BUT at what cost, what will be sacrificed for that too with the story and thus for us too? Also was Oda going to really provide this kind of resolution for Wano and this treatment of Green Bull all along too? At least before the break?

These chapters after the break are making me kind of regret wishing for OP to return so badly/quickly tbh! They feel like the most disturbing, unreal, fever dream and it feels like either Oda has lost it, is trolling us or just doesn't give a fuck anymore.

Is he going to do a 180 with the giants and make them out to be corrupt too somehow? Somehow justify Carmel betraying and trafficking them too? Make Elbaf a corrupt as fuck nation too, if we actually see it in detail/visit there?

Someone else mentioned just now that the Ancient Kingdom might not be so "innocent" and me and some friends have toyed with the ideas that the Ds, Joyboy and wheoever else might not be so "innocent" either, especially in a series with so many gray areas/characters too. At this point I'm not even sure what to expect from Vegapunk, given how vasly different Green Bull has turned out to be too, from what wesaw of him at first!

This is all just so jarring and idk what Oda is trying to do here.

I already deeply hated the people of Wano and such but now its really gone full circle and double down extremely hard. I'm gonna wait for the chapter before I make final judgements ofc, I need the proper context and such with the panels and translations, I may even rely on the officials too just to be "safe" but at this point, holy fuck, what mess!

This feels so blatantly, outrightly contradictory to earlier OP and I've never had an arc in OP make my skin crawl as much as this one! There are some very strong contenders ofc but this is a whole other catastrophe! Literally several centuries of this shit and they are still doubling down on it instead of trying to change it! Guess Wano be like "if it aint broke, dont fix it lmao!" "We were right to try to slay all of the Kurozumi! Just shame we still let a few get away, thats all! We should have gotten them all!"

In before some others rage at me for this post as usual lol.

Honestly, I don't feel so upset/angry about Whitebeard not wanting to help Oden and Wano now!

This is such cynical writing from Oda, that it makes me feel like I'm reading something like Berserk or some kind of dystoptian series in general? George Orwell's One Piece? Lmao.

:whitepress::emohiyo::handsup:

On a semi related note at least, this is the dystopian essay stuff I mentioned on here recently in relation to Wano too:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Piratefolk/comments/vyt1yk
They've made 20 parts at least of this!!

kingufy:hapnoel::saden:

I honestly could not have said it better! I can't believe this is the same series, but I guess this is what happens when someone obessively tries to draw and write their immensely scaled manga series for 25 years and still going strong, only to keep upping the scales and making it far more ambitious, convoluted, confusing, oversaturated and such! To even write an arc at this point which is 4 years long and around 150 chapters too, especially so late in the game, whilst narrowly approaching 50 himself and on a weekly basis is INSANE!

I'm really glad he took that month break and is restructuring the story to streamline it down a lot from the sounds of it BUT at what cost, what will be sacrificed for that too with the story and thus for us too? Also was Oda going to really provide this kind of resolution for Wano and this treatment of Green Bull all along too? At least before the break?

These chapters after the break are making me kind of regret wishing for OP to return so badly/quickly tbh! They feel like the most disturbing, unreal, fever dream and it feels like either Oda has lost it, is trolling us or just doesn't give a fuck anymore.

Is he going to do a 180 with the giants and make them out to be corrupt too somehow? Somehow justify Carmel betraying and trafficking them too? Make Elbaf a corrupt as fuck nation too, if we actually see it in detail/visit there?

Someone else mentioned just now that the Ancient Kingdom might not be so "innocent" and me and some friends have toyed with the ideas that the Ds, Joyboy and wheoever else might not be so "innocent" either, especially in a series with so many gray areas/characters too. At this point I'm not even sure what to expect from Vegapunk, given how vasly different Green Bull has turned out to be too, from what wesaw of him at first!

I already deeply hated the people of Wano and such but now its really gone full circle and double down extremely hard. I'm gonna wait for the chapter before I make final judgements ofc, I need the proper context and such with the panels and translations, I may even rely on the officials too just to be "safe" but at this point, holy fuck, what mess!

This feels so blatantly, outrightly contradictory to earlier OP and I've never had an arc in OP make my skin crawl as much as this one! There are some very strong contenders ofc but this is a whole other catastrophe! Literally several centuries of this shit and they are still doubling down on it instead of trying to change it! Guess Wano be like "if it aint broke, dont fix it lmao!" "We were right to try to slay all of the Kurozumi! Just shame we still let a few get away, thats all! We should have gotten them all!"

Honestly, I don't feel so upset/angry about Whitebeard not wanting to help Oden and Wano now!

This is such cynical writing from Oda, that it makes me feel like I'm reading something like Berserk or some kind of dystoptian series in general? George Orwell's One Piece? Lmao.

:whitepress:kingufy:saden::hapnoel::emohiyo::handsup:
if he's coherent with what he has written so far (not certain anymore) the giants are kindhearted idiots who can be easily manipulated.
and somehow loki is the only one who managed to realize big mom was tricking him. i wouldn't have high hopes for them.

G

Gorosei Informer

if he's coherent with what he has written so far (not certain anymore) the giants are kindhearted idiots who can be easily manipulated.
and somehow loki is the only one who managed to realize big mom was tricking him. i wouldn't have high hopes for them.
Yeah it kinda sounds like a Scabbards/Oden situation. I feared Loki might be another Orochi/Wapol or so.

I'm setting my standards extremely low for Elbaf now, especially if we even actually get it ofc.

Big Mom wrecking Elbaf at 5 years old and killing one of the giant leaders didn't help either lol.

At this point, I'm just much less invested now, the bridges are burned like Orochi burning the bridges of Wano and I'm just going with the flow, watching wherever this maelstrom of a narrative is taking us now.

Just gonna have to make the best out of the worst of whats gonna happen/come somehow unfortunately.

At least since we're leaving Wano FINALLY and we're getting old characters returning, new islands, focus on the actual main story and no more 4 years of mostly filler (or 25 years so far according to Oda), we can really get the "proper story" now and everything we've been waiting for, the crucial stuff lore/world building/plot-wise at least hopefully! The crucial stuff at bare minimum!

My copium intake has never been as strong as it is right now.

:pepecopium::peperain:

:whitepress::emohiyo::handsup:

On a semi related note at least, this is the dystopian essay stuff I mentioned on here recently in relation to Wano too:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Piratefolk/comments/vyt1yk
They've made 20 parts at least of this!!

kingufy:hapnoel::saden:

that guy is goated his stuff is more fun to read than Wano
only thing he's wrong about is he thinks oda does this ON PURPOSE

he had released part 3 as well https://www.reddit.com/r/OnePiece/comments/wf2pkd

Yeah it kinda sounds like a Scabbards/Oden situation. I feared Loki might be another Orochi/Wapol or so.

I'm setting my standards extremely low for Elbaf now, especially if we even actually get it ofc.

Big Mom wrecking Elbaf at 5 years old and killing one of the giant leaders didn't help either lol.

At this point, I'm just much less invested now, the bridges are burned like Orochi burning the bridges of Wano and I'm just going with the flow, watching wherever this maelstrom of a narrative is taking us now.

Just gonna have to make the best out of the worst of whats gonna happen/come somehow unfortunately.

At least since we're leaving Wano FINALLY and we're getting old characters returning, new islands, focus on the actual main story and no more 4 years of mostly filler (or 25 years so far according to Oda), we can really get the "proper story" now and everything we've been waiting for, the crucial stuff lore/world building/plot-wise at least hopefully! The crucial stuff at bare minimum!

My copium intake has never been as strong as it is right now.

:pepecopium::peperain:
At this point, it's not even sure that we will get the answers for the numerous mysteries...
Frauda was incapable of staying on track since TS so I wouldn't expect big revelations and if there are any, everything points to it being contradictory to what has been established since the begining...
I lost faith in this manga since WCI and Sanji's treatment...I hoped Wano would rectify the trajectory it took but I was so wrong.

G

Gorosei Informer

Top 5 One Piece parts for me.
1. Luffy Rings the Bell in Skypiea
2. Roof Piece
3. End of Enies Lobby
4. The end of Alabasta
5. Whole Cake Island end

Roof Piece was the first time the protagonists felt like they were really about to change the era.
Completely agree! SHs declaring war on the WG by burning their flag and going to war vs CP0, Enies Lobby and thus the Marines was SO ICONIC! Then Luffy busting into Impel Down, causing the biggest breakout ever and then immediately assaulting Marineford itself to rescue Ace with the help of former and future Warlords and Revolutionary Army commanders too!

Fuck man, Pre TS One Piece was SO GOOD and we truly had no idea how truly good it was until now, we had no idea how truly good we had it back then!

I did enjoy WCI despite some heavy flaws with it and I hated the fakeout of the SHs being bombed in it at the end but I loved the tone, the presentation of the arc and its finale. It was very unique and absolutely perfect cartoon/Disney gone wrong type horror. A Saccharine Nightmare or w/e.

Luffy ringing the bell really made me emotional, both the Skypeia one and the one he rang out at Marineford too. I always feel the "real One Piece" died just before the timeskip itself, maybe the "real SHs died" at Sabaody and thus the "fake SHs" we saw at Post TS Sabaody were an ironic reflection of that hahahaha!

The Enies Lobby to Marineford saga and Roof Piece really did feel like era defining moments. Who else is also known for making 2 Yonkos teamup and also trying to tank their combined attack too in Zoro's case ofc?!

I still can't believe these were unplanned!

Also imagine if this ends up being true too btw?!:

Status
Not open for further replies.