Star Wars : Rise of Skywalkers

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
I know it will be bad but I will still watch it the first week in theatre...

I won't watch the trailers to keep the surprise 100%.
Post automatically merged:

I am even more afraid of the damage that this movie might do to Star Wars that when I was watching The Last Jedi.
For me they are not part of the Star Wars universe. There are 6 movies and some tv shows.

I really miss the old extended universe like Revan, Darth Bane and the Rule of the Two, Thrawn's campaign, the Yuuzhan Vongs (some might disagree with me but I feel that they were really original antagonists in SW universe and their biotechnology and war creatures are amazing) or Star Wars : Legacy.

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
I really miss the old extended universe like Revan, Darth Bane and the Rule of the Two, Thrawn's campaign, the Yuuzhan Vongs (some might disagree with me but I feel that they were really original antagonists in SW universe and their biotechnology and war creatures are amazing) or Star Wars : Legacy.
The extended universe took a lot more risks and is 1000 times more original than the new movies but it is messy sometimes and has weak points (OP force powers, some characters, too many source and materials (video games, comics, etc)

Will be better than TLJ at least
Don't get your hope too high we never know with those new movies

The extended universe took a lot more risks and is 1000 times more original than the new movies but it is messy sometimes and has weak points (OP force powers, some characters, too many source and materials (video games, comics, etc)

Don't get your hope too high we never know with those new movies
Of course it had weak points but it had also many things that were awesome and very interesting (taking more risks can also pay off) and the new trilogy just pales in comparison.

I am sad that Thrawn hasn't appeared in any live-action adaptation of SW.

What is tragic and ironic at the same time is that when they want they can do giod star wars film like Rogue one. Yet Disney doesn't want to take risks (like every other major company) so they simply redid what the audiance already saw and liked in the original movies, and did bad even that btw.

Most likely it is not worth it, even more from the moment I discovered how Disney with their SW played dirty Tarantino and his hateful 8 XD

I can only agree ,the worst thing about the new one is that they just mix the old ones and give us the same thing but badly done and unoriginal.
Yep, say what you want about the prelogy but it had a lot of new and original planets, species, ships, droids, characters and ideas.
One good thing that happen with the new trilogy is that many realize than the prequels aren't that bad after all.

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
Yep, say what you want about the prelogy but it had a lot of new and original planets, species, ships, droids, characters and ideas.
One good thing that happen with the new trilogy is that many realize than the prequels aren't that bad after all.
Yeah, the prelogy is very underrated, it extended the universe a lot and a lot of cool characters. It has his weaknesses but a lot of good points.

The new one is just to surf on nostalgia of old fans and even that Didn't work.

I saw The Force Awakens in it’s entirety and I watched scenes of The Last Jedi. Chances are that this “new film” will be a mixture of more rehashed nostalgia that makes you think “Man, the old films were great. Why am I watching this instead of those?” and some new stuff that you won’t care for because it is executed badly.

To quote YouTuber Smack Talk; “What’s good isn’t new and what’s new isn’t good.”

What this will be is more mass produced unoriginality in order to make a quick buck. This is why reboots, remakes, reimaginings and unnecessary sequels that nobody needed or asked for are running rampant.

These trailers even start with scenes from the previous films to get you down memory lane in order to care for this trailer. They even reserved Lando and C3PO for this one because nostalgia buys tickets.

These new films have an identity crises. They want to convince you that they are somehow new yet they keep repeating the setting along with the same plot points and keep throwing the old characters at you. So then they try to do something about which is cynically kill every single old character on screen except the one who’s actor is actually dead. Don’t be surprised when Lando and C3PO suddenly get cremated in an exploding Millienium Falcon.

Oh and the fight choreography still looks awful. Seriously, the originals had technological limitations, the hell are these guy’s excuses?

Last Jedi was quite possibly one of the worst movies I have ever seen in my 22 years of life, force awakens was average. I prefer the prequels perhaps not as movies but as stories, the best thing about star-wars is and always will be everything but the movies until one maybe changes my mind.

Last Jedi was quite possibly one of the worst movies I have ever seen in my 22 years of life, force awakens was average. I prefer the prequels perhaps not as movies but as stories, the best thing about star-wars is and always will be everything but the movies until one maybe changes my mind.
I couldn't watch Force awakens, I stopped the movie after 20 minutes of watch. Can't imagine how bad TLJ is, Luke drinking alien soymilk meme sold me on not even attempting to see it.

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
Dark Rey checks all my boxes. And that's how Disney got my ticket $$$.
Please don't try to sprinkle good will on the Prequels just because this new trilogy is bad.

Dark Rey checks all my boxes. And that's how Disney got my ticket $$$.

Please don't try to sprinkle good will on the Prequels just because this new trilogy is bad.
Prequels introduced amazing characters, set up an amazing story that was expanded on in honestly the best medium of star-wars. Had amazing choreography as well which this trilogy can't. Revenge of the sith is a great movie imo and I liked attack of the clones.

This trilogy has nothing.