Future Events Straw Hats vs. Blackbeard and the Titanic Commanders

The great mystery, how will the crew fight Blackbeard's crew. will we get a whole crew battle full of 1 on 1 fights, something we've not had since Enies Lobby. or could it go down another way with a pirate allaince formed to defeat Blackbeard? I believe Blackbeard will be the main villain of the Laugh Tale arc and be the final obstacle standing before Luffy and his crew to obtain the one piece as he and hsi crew are the anti-luffy and straw hats in every way. This is when the crew has to overcome their limits and prove they are worthy of bringing the New Dawn to the world by facing their greatest challenge and overcoming them. So I believe it will be 1 on 1 in a full crew battle.

I'll go through them in blackbeards fleet order.

Luffy vs. Blackbeard - this is pretty much the only one set in stone.

Franky vs. Jesus Burgess - I really think this will just be an all out brute power battle but i've seen a couple other potential options. Robin has had a theme of Brain over brawn throughout the series so i think she could fit in here. there's also a great theory that he'll obtain the diamond fruit from Jozu and so he'll be Zoro's opponent and will have to learn to cut Diamond. Jinbe and Sanji are other obvious options here too. His defeat to Sabo so easily though make's me not want him to fight any of the new monster trio (Jinbe, Zoro, Sanji) though.

Zoro vs. Shiryu - as much as I like the diamond Burgess idea I just dont see Zoro fighting anyone but the swordsman of Blackbeards crew. I did see a theory that puts Sanji against Shiryu because they both now posses Invisible powers which is a pretty cool idea but this one just has to be Zoro for me.

Usopp vs. Van Augur - yes it may be simple and predictable but this is gonna be what tests Usopp's sniper ability to the limit imo. I really liked another idea i saw that he could fight chopper in a hunter vs hunted situation but Usopp just makes most sense.

Robin vs. Alvaro Pizarro - Pizarro is known as the corrupt king and with Robin having ties to revolutionaries who overthrow kingdoms and Pizarro being a former king who was overthrown by his people this seems like the best fit for me. although Sanji, Franky or Jinbe can go here too depending on how things line up.

Brook vs. Lafitte - I like the theory that Lafitte has an angel devil fruit and the theme of life vs death would be awesome but the fact Lafitte has no arms during his transformation makes me worry it might just be some sort of swan or something. If he is a bird type fruit then he might be a good fit for Nami but i really want the life vs death theme with Brook.

Carrot vs. Catarina Devon - the idea that inspired me to make this thread. Devon is a fox and foxes eat Rabbits, Devon is nicknamed the Crescent Moon Hunter and Carrot has a transformation that means "Moon Lion" this just seems like a fight destined to be. Assuming Carrot does not Join then it'll probably be Nami since Devon also hates beautiful women and collects their skulls.

Jinbe vs. Sanjuan Wolf - Fishman Karate is highly effective against giant bodies as we saw with Wadatsumi so seems like Jinbe is the best fit here. I also saw an awesome david vs. Goliath idea for Usopp since he's tied in with the giants very closely but these are almost final battles and i feel Usopp has to face Augur to prove his sniper ability. other cool options could be a super monster point Chopper or Franky creating a giant Robot to fight Wolf maybe even transforming the sunny to fight with. Sanji was also shown to be a capable fighter against giant opponents with Wadatsumi so i guess he could go here too.

Sanji vs. Vasco Shot - Vasco is described to have a viscious personality and i cant think of anyone other than Sanji to take him on. i dont have any real reason other than his description making him seem to be pretty powerful and Sanji seems the best choice. Franky and Jinbe could go here too i suppsoe but i prefer them against other opponents.

Chopper vs. Doc Q - again its the obvious one but Doc Q is known as the shinigami which gives me a doctor death vibe and seems to be the best fit for Chopper who wants to cure everything. I suppose the shinigami epithet could also be a good fit for Brook but this one's got to be Chpper.

Nami vs. Unknown 10th Commander - Nami's the only one left so whoever this is i hope they have sort of counter to Nami's weather based powers.

Well just wanted to make this cause i loved the idea of Carrot vs. Catarina and it got me thinking about the rest and searching out ideas over the internet.

Anyone else think of good match ups for these?

N

NeutralWatcher

Luffy vs Blackbeard (captain vs captain)
Zoro vs Shiryu (swordman vs swordman)
Sanji vs Avallo Pizarro (royalty from North Blue vs rioyalty from North Blue)
Nami vs Lafite (navigator vs navigator)
Usopp vs Van Augur (sniper vs sniper)
Chopper vs Doc Q (doctor vs doctor)
Robin vs Catarina Devon (most dangerous woman vs most dangerous woman)
Franky vs Sanjuan Wolf (Snajuan wolf nickname is Colossal battleship which is a perfect match for Franky who is a shipwright)
Brook vs Vasco Shot (I got this idea from alpha2late video)

lafitte vs brook i think is better matchup since they have similar styles also think nami vs devon is better but idk it just feels better

1. Franky vs sanjuan wolf aka the battle ship
    • Basically itll be a giant power rangers kaiju fight
  2. Usopp vs van auger
    • Snipers
  3. Chopper vs doc q and stronger
    • Animal doctor fight
  4. Luffy vs teach
  5. Zoro vs shiryu
    • Swords
  6. Nami vs Devon
    • Nami only really fights women as her main fights
  7. Brook vs lafitte
    • Skinny spooky white people that dance and sing
  8. Jinbe vs Burgess
    • Thicc ass helman that send kinda shock wave attacks
The rest idk until we get the last unknown captain and potentially new strawhat

If we dont
Sanji vs king dude because north blue
Robin vs drunk because she seems to fight lots of ugly people only really based on skypia...

1. Franky vs sanjuan wolf aka the battle ship
    • Basically itll be a giant power rangers kaiju fight
  2. Usopp vs van auger
    • Snipers
  3. Chopper vs doc q and stronger
    • Animal doctor fight
  4. Luffy vs teach
  5. Zoro vs shiryu
    • Swords
  6. Nami vs Devon
    • Nami only really fights women as her main fights
  7. Brook vs lafitte
    • Skinny spooky white people that dance and sing
  8. Jinbe vs Burgess
    • Thicc ass helman that send kinda shock wave attacks
The rest idk until we get the last unknown captain and potentially new strawhat

If we dont
Sanji vs king dude because north blue
Robin vs drunk because she seems to fight lots of ugly people only really based on skypia...
I love the idea of a Kaiju fight between Franky and Wolf.
Yeah before Sunday I would have said Nami vs. Catarina Devon too because of how Devon hates and kills beautiful Woman but i can't give up on the whole fox and rabbit thing should Carrot join the crew and the 10th unknown commander could be a woman, in fact i really hope it is.

Luffy vs BB - Captain vs Captain
Zoro vs Shiryu - Swordsman vs Swordsman
Nami vs Caterina Devon - Weather Witch vs Witch
Usopp vs Van Auger - Sniper vs Sniper
Sanji vs Avalo Pizzaro - Fallen Prince vs Fallen King
Chopper vs Doc Q (+ Stronger) - Doctor vs Doctor
Robin vs 10th Titanic Captain
Franky (+ General Franky/Sunny) vs Sanjuan Wolf - Shipbuilder vs Battleship
Brook vs Lafitte - Musician vs Dancer
Jinbe vs Burgess - Karate vs Wrestling
Future Nakama vs Vasco Shoot

Going by professions
  1. Captain: Luffy vs BB
  2. Fighter/swordsman: Zoro vs Shiryuu/ whoever the fighter for the crew is
  3. Sniper: Usopp vs Van auger
  4. Navigators: Nami vs Laffite
  5. Doctor: Chopper vs Doc Q and stronger
  6. Helsman:Jinbei vs Burgess (PreTS, Burgess seemed to be the helmsman)
  7. Shipwright: Franky vs Sanjuan wolf (was used as a ship before so he is the best fit)
  8. Archeologist: Robin vs BB archeologist (Devon)
  9. Cook: Sanji vs BB cook (Vasco shoot/Avalo Pizarro)
  10. Musician: Brook vs BB musician (Vasco shoot/Avalo Pizarro)